Guilty    
  0 (0.0%)
Not Sure    
  1 (50.0%)

Total votes: 2
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Jan 20th, 2022 at 9:20am »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 58
Send Topic Print
Christian Porter the m.p accused of rape. (Read 47928 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Christian Porter the m.p accused of rape.
Reply #225 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:58am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:45am:
rhino wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:39am:
hes been exonerated, its all over. Move on to your next witch hunt.

Bullshit....He was never exonerated....The investigation was dropped because the complainant killed herself....There will always be a dark shadow over the current Attorney General of Australia....Do you know what exonerated actually means???

Quote:
exonerate
verb
past tense: exonerated; past participle: exonerated

(of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing.
"an inquiry exonerated those involved"

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Nope, the investigation was dropped because there is no possibility or prosecution. i.e it is obvious given the information supplied it is fabricated. Its an exoneration. On the evidence she supplied he couldnt have done it, game over. Calls for an inquiry are just plain stupid since the information is already on public record and will exonerate him again.  This is just  a political partisan witch hunt. Give it away, he was the victim of yet another fabricated sexual assault claim of which there are many if not most by a mentally ill female

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #226 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:59am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:46am:
rhino wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:45am:
Neferti wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:42am:
philperth2010 wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:34am:
Neferti wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:20am:
I thought that YOUR ABC had already judged him a Rapist? No inquest required. YOUR ABC is always right! Roll Eyes

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

The person has passed and her friends do say that she was inclined to exaggerate things, which people with Bipolar tend to do.  Undecided

She claimed to have gone dancing at the Hard rock cafe with him . The cafe didnt exist until a year later. That information has exonerated him.

Porter doesn't seem to remember anything about it???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9323215/Doubts-raised-allegations-again...
Which after 32 years is a much more valid response.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #227 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:02am

Bullshit....He was never exonerated....The investigation was dropped because the complainant killed herself....There will always be a dark shadow over the current Attorney General of Australia....Do you know what exonerated actually means???

Quote:
exonerate
verb

Actually, the woman herself told police to drop the case.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #228 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:03am

Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:02am:

Quote:
exonerate
verb

Then killed herself the next day???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #229 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:06am

Yep.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #230 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:12am

I thought that YOUR ABC had already judged him a Rapist? No inquest required. YOUR ABC is always right! Roll Eyes

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

The person has passed and her friends do say that she was inclined to exaggerate things, which people with Bipolar tend to do.  Undecided

But her other long term friends, including those in the same debating team stand by their belief in the truth of their friend’s account based on her demeanour when describing her claims in 2019.  And plus, according to reports, she had talked to the police 4 to 5 times prior to her death.   If she is obviously incapacitated with mental health, then the police would probably refer her to mental health at the start.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #231 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:13am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:03am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:02am:

Quote:
exonerate
verb

Then killed herself the next day???

Huh Huh Huh

Not literally the next day, but soon after.  She withdrew the case citing personal and health problems.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #232 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:22am

Aussie wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 9:56am:
tickleandrose wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:56am:
Anyway.... setting aside issues of feminism, I think we are currently at an important cross roads in terms of rule of law in this country.

On one hand, we have some serious accusation leveled against none other than the Attorney General - the man who supposed to appointment judges to courts to uphold the rule of law in the country.  It is from an accuser who have died, and so the police investigation cannot proceed.  It is very different to the case of Bill Shorten, who had to talk to the police a number of times, with a living accuser, and the police at the end concludes that there is no case.  So there is always going to be a doubt there in the minds of general population.   Wether or not these doubts are founded or unfounded it does not matter, but what it matters is that it is potentially undermining confidence in our court system, especially from genuine victims of crime.  And this is a glaring issue that will not go away.

That said, you may ask, do I support an independent investigation?  Well.. I am not sure either.  Because if we do so, it may sound legitimate, however, that means we are risking creating a separate system of judge and jury under the whines of our politicians, and not our court system as it should be. 

An answer is in SA.  An Inquest.  Simple as that.

No its not as simple as that. 

The lady committed suicide last year, so as a result, there would had been a coronial inquest or perhaps still going.  However, coronial inquest has its limitations.  It is to investigate and determine the cause of death, and if there is any foul play. 

So, the police would have investigated into her medical history, pick up on her diagnosis, treatment and history of self harm / suicide.   They would also look at the actual cause of death.   The report would probably something along the lines of details of the deceased, location, and cause of death, and contributing factors like mental health history. 

So, unless, in her treatment notes, her psychologist and psychiatrist have noted that the most fundamental cause of her mental health that lead to her suicide is in relation to an incident of alleged sexual assault, then it would be difficult for the coroner to recommend a full police investigation into it, when the police investigation had already being closed.   

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #233 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:28am

Anyway.... setting aside issues of feminism, I think we are currently at an important cross roads in terms of rule of law in this country.

On one hand, we have some serious accusation leveled against none other than the Attorney General - the man who supposed to appointment judges to courts to uphold the rule of law in the country.  It is from an accuser who have died, and so the police investigation cannot proceed.  It is very different to the case of Bill Shorten, who had to talk to the police a number of times, with a living accuser, and the police at the end concludes that there is no case.  So there is always going to be a doubt there in the minds of general population.   Wether or not these doubts are founded or unfounded it does not matter, but what it matters is that it is potentially undermining confidence in our court system, especially from genuine victims of crime.  And this is a glaring issue that will not go away.

That said, you may ask, do I support an independent investigation?  Well.. I am not sure either.  Because if we do so, it may sound legitimate, however, that means we are risking creating a separate system of judge and jury under the whines of our politicians, and not our court system as it should be. 

The other side of the coin to what I have highlighted is that if an Inquiry is called on the flimsy case against Porter (her former solicitors and the experts advising the police are saying there is insufficient admissible evidence) it will also undermine confidence in our criminal justice processes. Many see the persistent calls for an Inquiry as a muck raking campaign for political purposes and a direct assult on the rule of law and our rights under the criminal justice system.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #234 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:33am

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:12am:

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

But her other long term friends, including those in the same debating team stand by their belief in the truth of their friend’s account based on her demeanour when describing her claims in 2019.  And plus, according to reports, she had talked to the police 4 to 5 times prior to her death.   If she is obviously incapacitated with mental health, then the police would probably refer her to mental health at the start. 
is that the first time she told her friends in 2019? Do you have any info on that?

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #235 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:39am

Unless you want to set up a Star Chamber, this is over.

Aussie suggested an investigation/judicial review by an 'eminent jurist' - trouble is, given some of the decisions made by the courts in the past 20 or so years, where do you find an eminent jurist who is trusted?

Others have called for a Royal Commission, which I think is a bit extreme.. and costly.

Others, including my good self, have called for an independent body to accept and consider such complaints in the political sphere and handle them properly, arriving at giving an issue over to police if it is warranted.  Another Shadow Government, and inevitably empire building would come into it and the 'need' would endlessly arise for more and more staff etc, and more and more power.

Installing Star Chambers such as exist in universities under the feminist totalitarian supremacist regime, is fraught with dangers, not least of which is the approach of guilty until given no chance to prove innocence based on the absurd idea that we must always believe a woman who complains, but never a man who says otherwise. 
(where do these people get these wacky ideas?)
  Might as well proceed directly to the gulags/konzentrationslageren.... and not waste time and money on the intermediate steps - after we bring in guilty by denunciation, of course..
(ask me again why women should never be in those kinds of position of power - if anything proves their infantile approach, this guilty by denunciation and believe one side explicitly does)...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #236 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:45am

Jest wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:28am:

The other side of the coin to what I have highlighted is that if an Inquiry is called on the flimsy case against Porter (her former solicitors and the experts advising the police are saying there is insufficient admissible evidence) it will also undermine confidence in our criminal justice processes. Many see the persistent calls for an Inquiry as a muck raking campaign for political purposes and a direct assult on the rule of law and our rights under the criminal justice system. 

And the other issue is the legitimacy of such Inquiry, and what will the parameters of assessment for it - i.e. would it work on the principle of beyond reasonable doubt, or by reasonable probability.   The inquiry will not doubt be open, and there be evidences submitted that would go both ways depending on our personal interpretation.  This is then becomes a 'show court', a moral court, and it goes against our court system.  It is probably not fair to Mr Porter, even if he is the perpetrator. 

I think the best possible way out for the government, is for Mr Porter to personally stand down from his position.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #237 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:49am

Jest wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:28am:

We already have enough 'tribunals', public or private (as in universities etc) that set their own rules and laws... and which in every case clearly favour massively the accuser... even businesses do that with their internal procedures etc about complaints... the accused has little to no chance of any successful defence.... should never have let that genie out of the box...

e.g. the Human Rights and Equal Opportunities Commission clearly favours Blacks, ethnics and women - IN THAT ORDER - meaning that a White woman is last on the list and a White man non-existent (in keeping with the rabid feminist view that they should be culled etc **rolls eyes** - ANY time 'equal opportunities ' or 'equal rights' are mentioned, there is a presumption that any complainant arrives with less Rights (sic), but leaves with MORE rights (sic)... amazing but true... like the sausage factory it is in reality.   Read up on the difference between Rights and rights... voting is a Right - abortion is a right..... there are classes of rights... and only the Capital letter Rights apply equally to all... as required .. there are also non-rights often called rights for the sake of ignornat and ill-informed argument - 'the right to walk the streets at night' is not a Right.. it is a hopeful expectation.. and discussing it in terms of Rights muddies the entire set of issues surrounding it..

As a nation we must clearly delineate what are Rights as applied to all, and rights (if any), something which has distinctly not been done in Australia, thus leading to massive and often deliberate confusion ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #238 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:51am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:39am:
Others, including my good self, have called for an independent body to accept and consider such complaints in the political sphere and handle them properly, arriving at giving an issue over to police if it is warranted. 

Reporting of acts of misconduct or crimes must be reported to the appropriate authorities that already exist. Misconduct is handled by state commissions and criminal activities are required to be reported to the police.

MPs or parliamentary staff should never be allowed to handle/assess the complaint except to refer it to the relevant authority immediately.

As for the so-called 'court of public opinion'... It's interesting what it led to in the Lindy Chamberlain affair... A disgusting 'trial by media' which has been a stain on Australia's reputation since long before social media became the monster it is.

So far I haven't read anything about the Chamberlain affair as a cautionary reminder to all Australians of what mob rule is really all about.

Having said that, I think a parliamentarians must accept that they will and should always be held to higher standards than a private citizen.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #239 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 12:02pm

Jest wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:33am:
tickleandrose wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:12am:

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

is that the first time she told her friends in 2019? Do you have any info on that?

I have only got that information from the age.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/we-are-not-out-to-destroy-anyone-woman-s-friends-back-inquiry-into-porter-rape-allegations-20210304-p577vf.html

It says:

o Dyer, who was a debater with the woman in the late 1980s, knew a cohort of seven national school champion debaters from that time, which included Mr Porter and the deceased woman. She said the five others in that group all believed the woman when she told them her story decades later.

Lawyers for the family of the woman, who took her own life last year, issued a statement on Thursday expressing the family’s grief, asking for privacy and endorsing an investigation.

“They are supportive of any inquiry which would potentially shed light on the circumstances surrounding the deceased’s passing,” the statement reads.

So in effect, those close friends, + her family + her lawyer, all supported an investigation.   She is not some random stranger from the street who has no relation to Mr Porter at all.   And that is a sticking problem.  There are not enough evidence so far to say that he is guilt or not guilty.  But it is enough to shake the confidence in the position of Attorney General - and that is the problem.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 58
Send Topic Print