Guilty    
  0 (0.0%)
Not Sure    
  1 (50.0%)

Total votes: 2
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Jan 20th, 2022 at 9:20am »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 58
Send Topic Print
Christian Porter the m.p accused of rape. (Read 47512 times)
Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Re: Christian Porter the m.p accused of rape.
Reply #210 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 8:53pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 8:40pm:
Jest wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 7:00pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:37pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:32pm:
So, you are blaming something/someone else for Morrison's duplicity?  Why is his stupidity not 100% his to own?

Because morriscum is a white male ... and according to Jest,white males are victims,

Almost! I dont give a sh#t about morriscum. As a matter of fact your politics is much more aligned to morriscum's than mine is. You're both Right Wing arseholes. 

no one said it had anything to do with politics ... it's his whiteness that you're a fan off
So you now shifting the discussion from gender to race. You giot to build up some BLM virtue points?

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #211 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 10:17pm

Jest trounced everyone. Hes almost as good as me.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #212 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:31am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 8:35pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:50pm:
Can't the animals in Canberra keep their cocks in their pants?

They are supposed to be running the country - not a brothel.

They don't advertise Bobby....It is a private club???

Huh Huh Huh

It sounds to me like there are a lot of
extracurricular activities going on in Canberra.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:56am

Anyway.... setting aside issues of feminism, I think we are currently at an important cross roads in terms of rule of law in this country.

On one hand, we have some serious accusation leveled against none other than the Attorney General - the man who supposed to appointment judges to courts to uphold the rule of law in the country.  It is from an accuser who have died, and so the police investigation cannot proceed.  It is very different to the case of Bill Shorten, who had to talk to the police a number of times, with a living accuser, and the police at the end concludes that there is no case.  So there is always going to be a doubt there in the minds of general population.   Wether or not these doubts are founded or unfounded it does not matter, but what it matters is that it is potentially undermining confidence in our court system, especially from genuine victims of crime.  And this is a glaring issue that will not go away.

That said, you may ask, do I support an independent investigation?  Well.. I am not sure either.  Because if we do so, it may sound legitimate, however, that means we are risking creating a separate system of judge and jury under the whines of our politicians, and not our court system as it should be.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #214 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 9:28am

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:56am:
Anyway.... setting aside issues of feminism, I think we are currently at an important cross roads in terms of rule of law in this country.

On one hand, we have some serious accusation leveled against none other than the Attorney General - the man who supposed to appointment judges to courts to uphold the rule of law in the country.  It is from an accuser who have died, and so the police investigation cannot proceed.  It is very different to the case of Bill Shorten, who had to talk to the police a number of times, with a living accuser, and the police at the end concludes that there is no case.  So there is always going to be a doubt there in the minds of general population.   Wether or not these doubts are founded or unfounded it does not matter, but what it matters is that it is potentially undermining confidence in our court system, especially from genuine victims of crime.  And this is a glaring issue that will not go away.

That said, you may ask, do I support an independent investigation?  Well.. I am not sure either.  Because if we do so, it may sound legitimate, however, that means we are risking creating a separate system of judge and jury under the whines of our politicians, and not our court system as it should be. 

T and R....you should really stop bringing logic and common sense into Ozpol debates. The usual suspects so enjoy their frothing at the mouth outrage and your contribution here really does not fit the profile.  Wink

Seriously though, it's the police and courts who investigate and try offences in Australia, not political parties or ad hoc committees.  To use such is to create a separate justice system beholden to politicians or special interest groups.  In both the Porter and Shorten cases the police and legal system have done their job and reached a conclusion. There the matter ends.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #215 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 9:56am

An answer is in SA.  An Inquest.  Simple as that.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #216 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:13am

Aussie wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 9:56am:

It needs to be investigated to clear the name of the top law officer in the nation....Christian Porter will always be an accused rapist who avoided accusations because of suicide without having the allegations tested by the rule of law....The police have evidence but it is "inadmissible" because it was given to them after the woman's suicide....We have an accused rapist as our Attorney General!!!

Angry Angry Angry

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/04/an-independent-inquiry-wou...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #217 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:20am

I thought that YOUR ABC had already judged him a Rapist? No inquest required. YOUR ABC is always right! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #218 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:34am

Neferti wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:20am:
I thought that YOUR ABC had already judged him a Rapist? No inquest required. YOUR ABC is always right! Roll Eyes

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #219 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:39am

hes been exonerated, its all over. Move on to your next witch hunt.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #220 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:42am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:34am:

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

The person has passed and her friends do say that she was inclined to exaggerate things, which people with Bipolar tend to do.  Undecided

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #221 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:45am

Aussie wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 9:56am:

Is that what you would do in Queensland? Roll Eyes It's gotta be the heat up there! Wink

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #222 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:45am

Neferti wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:42am:

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

The person has passed and her friends do say that she was inclined to exaggerate things, which people with Bipolar tend to do.  Undecided

She claimed to have gone dancing at the Hard rock cafe with him . The cafe didnt exist until a year later. That information has exonerated him.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #223 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:45am

rhino wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:39am:
hes been exonerated, its all over. Move on to your next witch hunt.

Bullshit....He was never exonerated....The investigation was dropped because the complainant killed herself....There will always be a dark shadow over the current Attorney General of Australia....Do you know what exonerated actually means???

Quote:
exonerate
verb
past tense: exonerated; past participle: exonerated

(of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing.
"an inquiry exonerated those involved"

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #224 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:46am

rhino wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:45am:
Neferti wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 10:42am:

Accused Rapist???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

She claimed to have gone dancing at the Hard rock cafe with him . The cafe didnt exist until a year later. That information has exonerated him.

Porter doesn't seem to remember anything about it???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9323215/Doubts-raised-allegations-again...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 58
Send Topic Print