Guilty    
  0 (0.0%)
Not Sure    
  1 (50.0%)

Total votes: 2
« Created by: Lisa Jones on: Jan 20th, 2022 at 9:20am »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 58
Send Topic Print
Christian Porter the m.p accused of rape. (Read 47932 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Christian Porter the m.p accused of rape.
Reply #180 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:24pm

Jest wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:12pm:
Of course no one deserves to be believed.

certainly not politicians, that's for sure.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #181 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:25pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 3:02pm:
Jest wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 2:43pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 2:14pm:
Gnads wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:24pm:
Even though I'm no Lib supporter ... Porter was 17 & still at school when this alleged rape occurred.

It has no relevance to his age now nor his position as an MP. It, unlike the more recent Brittany Higgins case was not supposedly perpetrated in parliamentary workplace by someone who was a politician or a parliamentary staffer.

Porter at the time would have been considered a minor.

Why should he be tried as an adult for the alleged actions of a teenager?

I have some sympathy for that 'age' argument.  I sure am not the same person I was when I was 17.  But........there is ample precedent for Seniors being tried and convicted for offences they committed when they were much much younger.

It matters not what age when an offence is committed.  What matters (in Law) is what age the accused is when charged.

Im gob smacked. If someone is 17 and at that young age has the propensity to rape (anally no less) doesn't give me more sympathy for him but less.

Do you want to look at your last 2 sentences because it looks like you mistyped something you didnt intend to type. Of course the relevant time for determining criminal responsibility and sentencing is the age you were at the time of the offence.      

Your emotional 'gab smacked' comment is irrelevant.  I don't care if you are or are not 'gob smacked.'  No-one should.

No matter what age you were at the time you committed an offence, if you are an adult when charged with it, you will be dealt with in adult courts, not in a 'Children's Court.'  Sure, you can look at the age factor in any sentencing, and I did not say otherwise.

Its just an extraordinary thing to say for someone who has expressed such wokeness thus far. Oh and there's a huge difference between being surprised (which I was) and being emotional (which i wasn't).

I might be wrong but I dont think Gnads or anyone else was seriously thinking the Attorney-General of Australia would be tried in children's court. Rather I think he was feeling that maybe he should get some leeway since he was only 17 at the time of the offence. Being 17 at the time of the offence he would be criminally responsible of course (unless he could show some reason why he lacked the ability at the time to know right from wrong - eg mental health issue) but his young age at the time of the offence would be taken into account on sentencing. But as I say if your a rapist at 17 I personally wouldn't be inclined to give you a discount for age.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #182 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:28pm

Jest wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 3:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 2:58pm:
Jest wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 2:50pm:
Aussie wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 2:26pm:
Jest wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:25pm:

The police are confirming what Porter said. The police did not put the allegations to Porter because they had not taken a formal statement from the woman. 

They did have a statement.....just not one they controlled.

Read the Police Statement. They did not have "a formal statement" to proceed to put the allegations to Porter. And it makes sense of course that it should be a formal statement because it gives police something the accuser has firmed up as his/her allegation and prepared to back. Of course the accuser can change the story but the more changes the less believable the story appears.    

A Mens' Rights Activist speaking there.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You havent added anything worthwhile to the discussion for a week. I feel another yawn to follow because you can't defend your vile sexist woke orthodoxy.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  What a WOFTAM you are proving to be, Jest.  I don't even bother yawning as it appears to upset you so much and we don't want that, now do we?  Poor, poor, little, Jest.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #183 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:28pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:24pm:
Of course no one deserves to be believed.

certainly not politicians, that's for sure.
I got to agree with you there

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #184 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:29pm

The Liberal Party have shown what hypocrites they really are....Victorian Liberal senator Sarah Henderson has forwarded an email from a woman accusing Bill Shorten of historical rape despite police already investigating and clearing him of any crime....Now we see a double standard where the Liberal Party are calling for an investigation into allegations of rape against Shorten but claim the Police have cleared Porker so there is no case to answer....Christian Porker will always be an accused rapist until he is cleared by an independent investigation....The police dropped the case against Porker because there was no admissible evidence which a judicial inquiry could examine (that is why Scummo will not hold an independent inquiry)....How can the Liberal Party argue for an inquiry into Bill Shorten whilst denying a similar standard for Christian Porker....Arse holes???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #185 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:29pm

rhino wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 3:57pm:
Hes been shown innocent. You should all be apologising.

Has he?  When was the court case? Where is it in Austlii?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes ::0

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #186 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:31pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 3:15pm:
When does Morrison actually say what he truly means?

Link.

Quote:
"One of the things that often happens with [rape] is they're not believed and their stories are not believed and it's important that their stories are believed and they know that if they come forward their stories will be believed," Morrison said. "Women in those circumstances should have a greater sense of confidence that if they tell their stories they will be believed."

Bye bye any credibilty you ever had Morrison.

Thats what happens when Labor and the Libs pander to the BS feminist movement.

Of course no one deserves to be believed. Clearly we've entered the AGE OF STUPID when a PM utters such stupidity.

What a complainant deserves is for their allegations to be taken seriously and investigated thoughtfully and without bias whether you believe them or not. That's how due process works. NOT that they deserve to be believed. Thats just woke BS because of course they could be lying. And Liars, whether they're women or men, DONT DESERVE TO BE BELIEVED.   

Mens' Rights Activist speaking there.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #187 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:32pm

Link.

Quote:
"One of the things that often happens with [rape] is they're not believed and their stories are not believed and it's important that their stories are believed and they know that if they come forward their stories will be believed," Morrison said. "Women in those circumstances should have a greater sense of confidence that if they tell their stories they will be believed."

Of course no one deserves to be believed. Clearly we've entered the AGE OF STUPID when a PM utters such stupidity.

What a complainant deserves is for their allegations to be taken seriously and investigated thoughtfully and without bias whether you believe them or not. That's how due process works. NOT that they deserve to be believed. Thats just woke BS because of course they could be lying. And Liars, whether they're women or men, DONT DESERVE TO BE BELIEVED.   

Stick that "woke" shite up yer clacker.

So, you are blaming something/someone else for Morrison's duplicity?  Why is his stupidity not 100% his to own?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:37pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:32pm:
So, you are blaming something/someone else for Morrison's duplicity?  Why is his stupidity not 100% his to own?

Because morriscum is a white male ... and according to Jest,white males are victims,

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #189 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:31pm:

Link.

Quote:

Mens' Rights Activist speaking there.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And still BullshitRoose is only capable of name calling.  Now wouldn't you want to come straight from facebook and twitter to get yourself a piece of this intelligent discussion style.  And they'll see BullshitRoose's Bart Simpson debating style in almost every thread. Sign me up they say!!

And for someone not bothered by whats being said you sure have a desperate need to cross it all out. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Your a fake

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #190 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:44pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:32pm:

Link.

Quote:

Stick that "woke" shite up yer clacker.

You still don't get it do you. You think I care about you're dumb ass no consequence party politics. Its theater to make you think you got a say in what's decided about anything. You dont!  So call Morrison all the names under the sun. Tell me he's duplicitous. Go ahead, knock yourself out, who gives a sh#t.  You think I care whether the RightWing neoliberal A team or the RightWing neoliberal B team govern us for the next 3 years. Lame!

Now holding onto the world woke is way more important. Its a very expressive word. It says "Fake Progressive" (think BullshitRoose) about as accurately as its possible for one word to say. So you can count on me using it very often in this forum.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #191 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:45pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #192 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:50pm

Can't the animals in Canberra keep their cocks in their pants?

They are supposed to be running the country - not a brothel.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:51pm

Jest wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:44pm:
It says "Fake Progressive" (think BullshitRoose) about as accurately as its possible for one word to say.

no, what it says is that you have no argument and use 'woke' as a substitute

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:53pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 6:50pm:
They are supposed to be running the country - not a brothel.

Speaking of brothels, where's cods? Surely she has called for his resignation by now ... and she'll go on and on about him for the next 4 or 5 years .

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 58
Send Topic Print