Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Australia, a human traffic crime scene since 1788 (Read 1781 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Australia, a human traffic crime scene since 1788
Feb 27th, 2021 at 8:41pm

Caftan-wearing Gordonites existed even in 1788.

Australia is a human trafficking crime scene since 1788 and is still engaged.

https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/history/australia-has-a-history-of-aboriginal-slavery

Quote:
Was there ever Aboriginal slavery in Australia?
Slavery is never a convenient topic. We easily associate countries like Africa and America with slavery, but Australia?

What is slavery?

If you read it up in the dictionaries, slavery is “the condition in which one person is owned as property by another” and the owner has "absolute power” over their "life, liberty, and fortune”. Such people are usually forced into work "in harsh conditions for low pay”. [1]

Australia’s slaves worked in all essential industries, from the 1840s through to the 1970s: [2][3]

The first slaves to reach Australia from the South Sea were used as shepherds on properties in southern New South Wales, but died from the cold.
When the American Civil War cut off the world's cotton supply, Australian slaves were used to establish cotton plantations in southern Queensland. A strong male would cost the modern equivalent of between $5 and $19, while women, particularly Tahitians, who were regarded as the most attractive, often fetched $32.
Between 1842 and 1904 more than 60,000 men and boys from the South Pacific islands, and an unknown number of women and girls, were kidnapped and brought to Australia to work as slaves on the sugar plantations that still dot the country's north-east coast. Many were also forced to work as pearl divers in the north.
Between the 1860s and the 1970s, Aboriginal people of all ages were taken from their homes and sent to work on cattle and sheep properties all across Australia. Several such schemes were run by colonial and state governments, theoretically to protect Aboriginal Australians from mistreatment.
And mistreatment was rife. Queensland government files and personal reports show that from the 1880s, and for at least 40 years, there were no limits on how many hours Aboriginal people worked, how hard their labour was, how bad their treatment or the provision of food and living quarters.

Reverend John Gribble, a keen observer of injustice in the 1880s, noted (my emphasis):

"I have seen numbers of natives brought in from the interior, and some of them had never before seen the face of a white man, and they were compelled to put their hand to a pen and make a cross which they never could understand, and having done this they were then slaves for life, or as long as they were good for pearl diving." [4]

Minimum conditions, introduced in 1919, were wildly ignored in the absence of any inspections. [5]

[Shelter for many Aboriginal workers was] worse than they would provide for their pet horse, motor-car or prize cattle.

— Chief Protector of Aborigines, Queensland, 1921 [5]
Low pay or no pay
The definition of slavery mentions 'low pay', and this was very true for Aboriginal slaves.

In the early 1900s in Queensland, despite regarded as more reliable than superior white stock riders, Aboriginal workers received only about 3% of the white wage rate. [5]

At the same time in Western Australia, recommendations for a minimum 5 shilling monthly wage were successfully opposed by pastoralists, leading one parliamentarian to describe the system as "another name for slavery". [6]

From 1919 the government claimed pastoral workers would get 66% of the white wage, but records show that in 1949 workers got only 31%. [3] In fact, Aboriginal people would never get the 66%. Every year between 1941 and 1956 the government sold Aboriginal labour for less than that. [3]

Whatever little money Aboriginal workers were able to save governments were keen to get their hands on. Evidence shows it intercepted federally-paid maternity allowances from 1912 and child endowments from 1941, and paid only a fraction through to the mothers. [3]Tens of millions of dollars were taken out of the Queensland trusts and never returned to Aboriginal workers. The 'stolen wages' is now a national problem governments try to sit out. Claimants need a lot of patience or die waiting, and compensation has been insufficient, bordering on insulting for a lifetime of work.

"When I got the first $4,000 [of a total of $7,000] I was told I had to sign a paper that I would not take the government to court and I signed because I thought it was better than nothing,' says Felicity Holt, a 77-year-old claimant from Queensland. [3] "I found out I couldn't get the money unless I signed the document." Stolen wages is, however, not just about the money. In the 2006 Stolen Wages report numerous statements by Aboriginal people described the conditions in which they had lived and worked in terms evoking the notion of slavery. In fact, until at least the 1950s, if not later, these conditions satisfy the legal definition of ‘slavery’ existing under Australian and international law at the time.[7]

[Slavery is] an elephant in the drawing-room of civilised debate.

— Stephen Gray [7]
While Aboriginal people have no difficulty thinking of their past treatment as slavery, many non-Aboriginal people – including judges and lawyers – find the notion of slavery in an Australian context confronting. [7] Worse, some prime ministers of Australia believe that there was no slavery in Australia. [8]

A look into history might bring clarity.

Source: Australia has a history of Aboriginal slavery - Creative Spirits, retrieved from 
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2021 at 9:04pm by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Australia's a human traffic crime scene since 1788
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 8:57pm

IBI

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: Australia's a human traffic crime scene since 1788
Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 9:03pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 27th, 2021 at 8:57pm:

Gordonites?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia, a human traffic crime scene since 1788
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 10:01pm

the problem with enslaving aboriginals is that it doesnt make sense. There is very little useful labour they can be trained to do.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 11:15pm

Blacks invented Slavery and infected the world with it.
What goes around, comes around.
You reap what you sow.

The Black Man's 'slavery' infected even Europe and the Eastern Europeans were known as Slavics (Slaves) and that's why they'll take Australia off the black man's hands.

*enter evil laugh "Muhaha" like a justified ancient of Mu Mu.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=klf&&view=detail&mid=569427FCE1784B96614356...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 7:51am

My grandfather in law was a farmer all his life.

His opinion of abbos was that they were a bunch of lazy bludgers and thieves.

He tried many times to have abbo farm workers over the years (being a christian fellow)

What he found was that they never put in a good days work, they stole anything not bolted down and were as reliable as a smashed watch.

After many years of trying, he eventually gave up and stopped hiring them altogether.

Looks like they have not changed much in the last 100 years.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 9:15am

THOMAS SOWELL is one of the leading intellectuals in America today. His academic qualifications are about as impeccable as they get.  Thats why you cant ignore him when you want to know the truth about slavery. Though you can be sure that the racist fake Progressives in Oz politics (the REAL TORIES in OzPolitics) will not watch it because they know better. 

This is an excellent brief summery of his Facts About Slavery.

Trigger warning: Cognitive Dissonance approaching

THOMAS SOWELL - Facts About SLÁVERY

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 10:09am

I was struck by the assertion put forward by some academic - that our own Aboriginals had more established marriages etc 'before' the White Man arrived - how is it possible that, given the more formalised approach of Whartey to marriage and the place of the marriage institution at the core of values and economies etc - Aboriginal marriage systems collapsed and somehow became the current equivalent of what Sowell discusses - single mothers with serial fathers?

Would it not be more reasonable to assert that the extremely solid Aboriginal marriage system already in place was reinforced by Whartey's arrival?

Sowell raises some fine points... why did this solid marriage system collapse here and become the disaster it now is?

Of course, with Whartey, marriage is becoming a thing of the past under the Feminist Supremacy, and is a veritable minefield for any man foolish enough to venture there.... I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

After all - I'm not the only Voice crying in the wilderness that the Feminist Supremacy is the greatest danger to civilised societies worldwide.... and under it men will become the new slaves working without access to their families, required to die in wars, required to work in the heavy and hot and dangerous work and so forth....is there any fundamental difference..... or is this urge to possess slaves just another thing written in DNA strands on The Planet Of The Apes, but primarily in the female DNA?

Anyone who's ever lived with a woman will know they could not possibly survive without their personal servants = slaves......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 1:09pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 28th, 2021 at 10:09am:
I was struck by the assertion put forward by some academic - that our own Aboriginals had more established marriages etc 'before' the White Man arrived - how is it possible that, given the more formalised approach of Whartey to marriage and the place of the marriage institution at the core of values and economies etc - Aboriginal marriage systems collapsed and somehow became the current equivalent of what Sowell discusses - single mothers with serial fathers?

Would it not be more reasonable to assert that the extremely solid Aboriginal marriage system already in place was reinforced by Whartey's arrival?

Sowell raises some fine points... why did this solid marriage system collapse here and become the disaster it now is?

Of course, with Whartey, marriage is becoming a thing of the past under the Feminist Supremacy, and is a veritable minefield for any man foolish enough to venture there.... I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

After all - I'm not the only Voice crying in the wilderness that the Feminist Supremacy is the greatest danger to civilised societies worldwide.... and under it men will become the new slaves working without access to their families, required to die in wars, required to work in the heavy and hot and dangerous work and so forth....is there any fundamental difference..... or is this urge to possess slaves just another thing written in DNA strands on The Planet Of The Apes, but primarily in the female DNA?

Anyone who's ever lived with a woman will know they could not possibly survive without their personal servants = slaves......

Now Grappler is professing expertise on marriage after a string of failures.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #9 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 3:37pm

.Jest wrote on Feb 28th, 2021 at 9:15am:
THOMAS SOWELL is one of the leading intellectuals in America today. His academic qualifications are about as impeccable as they get.  Thats why you cant ignore him when you want to know the truth about slavery. Though you can be sure that the racist fake Progressives in Oz politics (the REAL TORIES in OzPolitics) will not watch it because they know better. 

This is an excellent brief summery of his Facts About Slavery.

Trigger warning: Cognitive Dissonance approaching

THOMAS SOWELL - Facts About SLÁVERY

Yes, a Afro-American academic, not an abbo.

He was educated and worked hard to achieve his credentials

Many Afro-americans achieve great heights because they strive to be better and achieve greatness.

Our terminally lazy, self hating abbos simply want everything but can't be bothered to actually do anything to help themselves.

We give them all the opportunity under the sun, and only a hand full ( of mostly white) abbos actually achieve anything.

Perhaps it's time they were left to their own, no more handouts and racist benifits.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:15pm

@Creative Spirits  Grin Grin

Say no more - LTYC - what a dolt.

The perpetual victim industry president.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:27pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 28th, 2021 at 7:51am:
My grandfather in law was a farmer all his life.

His opinion of abbos was that they were a bunch of lazy bludgers and thieves.

He tried many times to have abbo farm workers over the years (being a christian fellow)

What he found was that they never put in a good days work, they stole anything not bolted down and were as reliable as a smashed watch.

After many years of trying, he eventually gave up and stopped hiring them altogether.

Looks like they have not changed much in the last 100 years.

That's because they're not here to work for you lot.
Must hurt knowing that the only way to get 'labour' is to bring your own slaves (convicts).
Even if they lose Australia - at least they die on their feet, not on their knees.
Why would some Abbo come and work for you and your agenda of serving a 'Foreign' country and going to wars for another foreign country against other foreigners: all part of your social and cultural psyches.

Especially when you can only make them 'by force'.
150,000 years of being molded by this environment, let alone a way of life and some foreigners from a long way away come here and cry because the people are not like them and don't have to subordinate themselves to the Religions of the Middle-East and enslave their lives to the concept of Civilisation and it's 'split infinitive' of 'excessiveness'.

Aboriginals will never serve the White Agenda here.
They have their own and are solid as a rock.
They are open to a NEW agenda that works for both,
but that is still yet to be.  Wink

I mean - who would want to work for people like Valkie anyway? Seems a bit too tight and cheap anyway. Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #12 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:28pm

Gnads wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:15pm:
@Creative Spirits  Grin Grin

Say no more - LTYC - what a dolt.

The perpetual victim industry president.

Uncle Thomas Sowell?

A quisling who knows what a US$ looks like.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #13 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:50pm

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 1:37pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Feb 28th, 2021 at 1:09pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 28th, 2021 at 10:09am:

Now Grappler is professing expertise on marriage after a string of failures.
Well you are professing to have an intellect after a string of failures.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print