Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Mt Warning to be closed (Read 16329 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Mt Warning to be closed
Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:48pm

Are you offering walking tours to the top of the Sistine Chapel, St.Pauls in London or other notable places which are religious in tone?  How about the Temple Mount in Jerusalem or the other places of note around the world?  Why not respect Indigenous Australians spiritual needs for a change?  Is it too hard to not go for a walk up a mountain?  Really?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:50pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 10:39am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 10:29am:

Gordy saw "Aboriginal", and was immediately triggered.

That's pretty much what happened Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:48pm:
Are you offering walking tours to the top of the Sistine Chapel, St.Pauls in London or other notable places which are religious in tone?  How about the Temple Mount in Jerusalem or the other places of note around the world?  Why not respect Indigenous Australians spiritual needs for a change?  Is it too hard to not go for a walk up a mountain?  Really?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who built Mt Warning?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 5:36pm

Gordon comes out into the Pro Wrestling ring as Bojack and Peccary pin him to the ropes, but Gordon pulls out the old Khatoum manouvre of "Cultural Heritage" (of walking with the spirits of the mountain in honoring their heritage) and get off the ropes. The Grappler comes in for a back slam into Peccary & Bojack like from a high branch of evolution.
Brian the Ref makes a valid point to blow a whistle but Gordon gets off with the point "Who built Mt Warning then"  Grin

As for the oogie-boogie tours and ceremonies.
Well nothing beats being out in the inland sea of dreamings and mindfulness around a campfire under the stars as a people more intune with their land than any other culture on the planet besides the Xhoi-San and Hottentot - but neither of these turned the Australian continent at a good habitable portion into a 'gargen' that first explorers described as a 'Parkland' like the wealthy estates of Europe. Perfectly and neatly manicured to provide the best of all that nature offers within easy reach both in flora and fauna. From space it would have looked like a work of art. The Songlines sung in traditional and modern styles. Laying under the stars while nightshift aboriginal attendants keep the night fires burning, strangers on the tour and aboriginal Cultural and Ranger staff. In the distance under the stars of around the dark emu in the Milky Way - IMMENSE in a clear night sky. An Aboriginal Elder and some musicians sing in the distance a secret ceremony to the travellers of space and time, a Songline that takes one onto the Dreamtime.

Oh, you also get to  see a lot of nubile and juggy National Geographic breasts.  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:01pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:55pm:

Who built Mt Warning?

its all about learning gordy    progress if you like...

we investigate more today than ever before  and its noted just what harm the human race does over many years......

we do destroy things....not always intentionally  but none the less it happens

Uluru is a case in point....people using it like a public toilet....Mt Everest another.......I dont know what will happen to the National Park once its closed.. but time will see if it works......it is a shame  for people who do the right thing......but we will never eradicate the spoilers..

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:23pm

Or - FFS - the Sydney Harbour Bridge?????   
oh.... wait a minute.... this puts a whole new hole through that argument....

I thought, as usual, that this had nothing to do with the Coon Cheese haters but everything to do with 'safety', 'cost of rescues', and 'damaging the rock'....

So what's it going to be - we're meekly giving in to the demands of ten people who most likely have zero idea what they are talking about and probably have next to no connection with the locals anyway - or is it because of concerns and costs?

Can't have it both ways - you're either surrendering it meekly against the wishes of the majority and without their consent, or you're lying... what part of NATIONAL Park do you not understand?

What WILL the moon dancers do without Mt Warning on a full moon night on a warm night?  Step aside for the First National Parkers?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:23pm:

Or - FFS - the Sydney Harbour Bridge?????   
oh.... wait a minute.... this puts a whole new hole through that argument....

bris very spiritual you know......he has a degree in it.. Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:29pm

Cods wants Brian's children.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #23 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:33pm

What are these 'spiritual needs' that can only be satisfied by possession of Mt Warning?  It's a good lookout - that's hardly spiritual... same as there's nothing really spiritual about Ayers Rock that cannot be shared with everyone... it is - as I said - a 'rite of passage' for many and certainly an uplifting experience to climb these spectacular heights - but hardly a deeply spiritual issue for anyone who is not bullshitting...

What are these special spiritual needs at Mt Warning?  I want.. I want.. I want.. and I want to poke a stick in Whitey's eye.... (herh-herh)...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:47pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:33pm:
What are these 'spiritual needs' that can only be satisfied by possession of Mt Warning?  It's a good lookout - that's hardly spiritual... same as there's nothing really spiritual about Ayers Rock that cannot be shared with everyone... it is - as I said - a 'rite of passage' for many and certainly an uplifting experience to climb these spectacular heights - but hardly a deeply spiritual issue for anyone who is not bullshitting...

What are these special spiritual needs at Mt Warning?  I want.. I want.. I want.. and I want to poke a stick in Whitey's eye.... (herh-herh)...

I reckon it's more racist to treat Aboriginals like simple children who can't frame their ancient beliefs in a modern context.

Run the place properly, make some dosh out of it, employ a bunch of local Aboriginals who can send their kids to a good school who will send their kids to an even better school.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:49pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:47pm:
who can't frame their ancient beliefs in a modern context.

you mean they can't, or won't, sell out? Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 7:19pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:29pm:

To eat?   Undecided

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 8:39pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:47pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:33pm:

I reckon it's more racist to treat Aboriginals like simple children who can't frame their ancient beliefs in a modern context.

Run the place properly, make some dosh out of it, employ a bunch of local Aboriginals who can send their kids to a good school who will send their kids to an even better school.

run it like a business.

make it a success

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 8:56pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:55pm:

Who built Mt Warning?

Nature.  Who worships Mt. Warning?  Do you?  No.  Do Indigenous Australians? Yes.  Time their views were given some respect for a change I think.  We don't need mining companies blowing up Gorges or destroying Indigenous sites.  We don't need gadabout tourists climbing a mountain.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 8:59pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:29pm:

Good God No!  Please, no!   Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Send Topic Print