Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I will never understand it. (Read 2268 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

I will never understand it.
Feb 25th, 2021 at 4:47pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/david-reid-sydney-man-who-killed-his-...

A Sydney man who was angry at his mum and dad before killing them is now less dangerous to the public because “significant stressors in his life are no longer present”, a court has heard.

David Reid, 48, appeared in the NSW Supreme Court on Thursday after pleading guilty to the manslaughter of his parents Diana and Graham at the Sutherland home where they had all been living in 2019.

The former IT worker had pleaded to the lesser charge by reason of mental impairment instead of murder last year and prosecutors didn’t oppose that so the need for a trial was avoided.

Police said at the time of the killings Reid had dialled triple-0 threatening self-harm before the bodies of his parents were found in the property’s kitchen and lounge room with multiple injuries including stab wounds.

When it was put to forensic psychologist Dr Susan Pulman that she thought Reid’s future risk to the community was “not very great”, she told the court that major stressors in his life were no longer around.

“There is clearly a risk, but my own opinion in this matter is that we have Mr Reid with a major depressive order developing over time that substantially impaired his thought process regarding his living situation, his relationships at home that culminated in the offences and, now that that has occurred, it is my view that one of the significant stressors in his life are no longer present … so that feeds into his risk,” she said.

One psychiatric report had also raised the possibility of Reid being autistic.

However, Dr Pulman said it wasn’t unusual for people who have grown up in an environment where there’s not typical emotional reciprocity between caregivers and children to develop symptoms that present as autistic-like traits.

The court was told psychiatric experts could not definitively explain Reid’s mental condition apart from a potential major depressive order which had substantially impaired his thinking.

He was living at home with his parents despite being in his 40s, had a reliance on booze and had no intimate relationships.

Graham and Diana Reid.
Graham and Diana Reid.
The court heard conflicting accounts of the relationship between Reid and his parents, with one psychiatric report saying they found him to be a disappointment while Justice Peter Johnson, SC, saying he was left with an impression they were patient and caring.

Justice Johnson was told Reid’s case was unusual because most people are diagnosed with psychotic conditions in their late teens or early 20s.

Forensic psychiatrist Dr Adam Martin said he thought Reid still could be dangerous and that police photographs had shown the house in a state of disrepair which could reflect a degree of dysfunction between the three.

“I do not think it’s possible to say he’s at low risk of re-offending, unfortunately,” he said.

“I don’t think anyone has fully understood what was happening, the best speculation is that he was severely depressed … he was angry at his parents, which can be part of a depressive illness and he killed them.”

thats good   he killed his mum and dad   who obviously annoyed the hell out of him   so he will be less likely to offend again now they are out of the way.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

we have to take into account he pleaded guilty to manslaughter and saved a hell of a lot of money with a court case.....all in the name of justice....

this is where we are at by the look of things

claim a moment of madness   and get the sympathy of the court system.....which  seems to be run for the sake of the villains rather than any victims..I am sure he will end up with a low sentence and placed in a safe jail away from nasty people...

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Re: I will never understand it.
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:02pm

We really need to open up those Mental Institutions, again.  Lock them away with their "stresses" if it is going to cause them to commit murder. Unbelievable!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:07pm

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:21pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:36pm

Neferti wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:21pm:

Bring it back - live, on prime time TV.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:49pm

significant stressors in his life are no longer present

Well that's obvious isn't it?, he killed them, now he wants his inheritance, that'd be a further stress reliever. He's on top of the world, a soft sentence coming up, no annoying parents to bother him, inherits a house, no more stress, and government sickness benefit to live on for as long as he needs it

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:56pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:49pm:

Well that's obvious isn't it?, he killed them, now he wants his inheritance, that'd be a further stress reliever. He's on top of the world, a soft sentence coming up, no annoying parents to bother him, inherits a house, no more stress, and government sickness benefit to live on for as long as he needs it

He should be put away for LIFE! So should his Lawyer!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 6:02pm

Neferti wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:56pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:49pm:

He should be put away for LIFE! So should his Lawyer!

along with that psychologist   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:
When it was put to forensic psychologist Dr Susan Pulman that she thought Reid’s future risk to the community was “not very great”, she told the court that major stressors in his life were no longer around.

me thinks they are half whats wrong with the world today....just about every other person you speak too has either been to one ,or is seeing one... Undecided

they all need rounding up!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:19pm

cods wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 6:02pm:
along with that psychologist

that psychologist was probably paid as the 'expert witness'  by the defense team ... in which case she'll say whatever is to HER clients best interest. The expert witness for the DPP, the psychiatrist, said the opposite

Ultimately it was up to the public prosecutor to accept the lessor plea or not. They should never have agreed to it.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:44pm

yes two different outcomes  what does that say about psychologists??? put that word in front  of a name and people think they have all the answers   and thats why we have so many people wandering the streets and aged parents being held responsible for them...  these people make a huge amount of money   and to me  99% of them are phonies..

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:48pm

I can't see him ever being released.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:51pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:48pm:
I can't see him ever being released.

seriously  he hasnt even had a trial....its manslaughter   they let people out who are serial murderers......

it was only mental impairment gordy     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:57pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:07pm:
[url]https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/066/482/453/original/f8c6d6
5de757235d.jpg[/url]

Bobby... Stop painting signs on your rear end. I have rope but "a liitle wood" I'll leave up to... Someone else.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 9:00pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:57pm:
[url]https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/066/482/453/original/f8c6d6
5de757235d.jpg[/url]

Bobby... Stop painting signs on your rear end. I have rope but "a liitle wood" I'll leave up to... Someone else.

I thought that was a picture of bobbys backyard.....

hes always working out the back.... Undecided

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 9:01pm

Setanta wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:57pm:
5de757235d.jpg[/url]

my rear end?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print