Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 71
Send Topic Print
Lib staffer allegedly raped at Parliament House (Read 53671 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Lib staffer allegedly raped at Parliament House
Reply #855 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 1:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 12:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 8:31am:
mothra wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:32am:
Cordeaux also said: "Why are we going through these machinations about this young woman? She should have her bottom smacked."

Is this 2021? Why are these people still alive? God, and they voe. And influence others on how to vote.

See? This is why we're in the mess we're in.

I still can't believe he said that.

What a stupid old fossil he is.

Only ever heard the name - never give credence to the utterances of shock jocks, and dismissed him immediately as of no consequence...

No need to harbour dark thoughts well into the small hours over it, especially with far more important issues at hand.

Nah then - where IS the alleged perp?

What does he have to say?

When will Reynolds speak on the 'lying cow' statement instead of staying quiet and allowing it to fester?

The "lying cow" was an answer by Reynolds around a group of people when told that Brittany said that she never received any help or support, utter bs. I saw it on tv when the story broke.

I have listened to Cordeaux often over his 30yr plus career because he is entertaining, frank and honest, he is old school now and there is no room for for that sort of behavior in this pc world.

Radio such as that is live and a slip of the tongue means death in this day and age.

Careful what you say around the water cooler these days.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #856 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 1:57pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 11:57am:
mothra wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:31am:
Maybe she expected better of her colleague?

She thought he was just going to collect something. I strongly doubt she thought in her wildest dreams that it would be even remotely likely that he would rape her inside a minister's office. I don;t think it's fair to say she put herself in harm's way.

As to Frank's comments (sorry, can't quote either of the last two posts) ... about what i'd expect from him. Reprehensible still, but expected.

Everybody would expect better from his type - but then, everybody has learned to expect the worst.

Rule 12:- Never go into that office alone at 1.50am with a male colleague.

People - men and women- need to take some responsibility for what happens to them.  Getting completely blotto is not responsible behaviour  It is not an invitation to be raped, nor is it an excuse for him. 
What's YOUR advice to young women?? 'Prudence is patriarchy, love. Go get as pissed as a a newt and be alone with blokes as much as you like. Whatever happens will be their fault so you're good'.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #857 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:06pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 11:57am:
mothra wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:31am:
Maybe she expected better of her colleague?

She thought he was just going to collect something. I strongly doubt she thought in her wildest dreams that it would be even remotely likely that he would rape her inside a minister's office. I don;t think it's fair to say she put herself in harm's way.

As to Frank's comments (sorry, can't quote either of the last two posts) ... about what i'd expect from him. Reprehensible still, but expected.

Everybody would expect better from his type - but then, everybody has learned to expect the worst.

Rule 12:- Never go into that office alone at 1.50am with a male colleague.

People - men and women- need to take some responsibility for what happens to them.  Getting completely blotto is not responsible behaviour  It is not an invitation to be raped, nor is it an excuse for him. 
What's YOUR advice to young women?? 'Prudence is patriarchy, love. Go get as pissed as a a newt and be alone with blokes as much as you like. Whatever happens will be their fault so you're good'.

No. You would advise any woman not to be so irresponsible.

« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2021 at 3:13pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #858 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:14pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #859 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:16pm

Rule 2. Remember, there ARE people who break Rule 1.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #860 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:16pm

Spot

rape_001.jpg (104 KB | 5 )
rape_001.jpg

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #861 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:18pm

Frank wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:14pm:

What ppl would those be?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #862 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:35pm

Johnnie wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 1:40pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 12:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 8:31am:
mothra wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:32am:
Cordeaux also said: "Why are we going through these machinations about this young woman? She should have her bottom smacked."

Is this 2021? Why are these people still alive? God, and they voe. And influence others on how to vote.

See? This is why we're in the mess we're in.

I still can't believe he said that.

What a stupid old fossil he is.

Only ever heard the name - never give credence to the utterances of shock jocks, and dismissed him immediately as of no consequence...

No need to harbour dark thoughts well into the small hours over it, especially with far more important issues at hand.

Nah then - where IS the alleged perp?

What does he have to say?

When will Reynolds speak on the 'lying cow' statement instead of staying quiet and allowing it to fester?

The "lying cow" was an answer by Reynolds around a group of people when told that Brittany said that she never received any help or support, utter bs. I saw it on tv when the story broke.

I have listened to Cordeaux often over his 30yr plus career because he is entertaining, frank and honest, he is old school now and there is no room for for that sort of behavior in this pc world.

Radio such as that is live and a slip of the tongue means death in this day and age.

Careful what you say around the water cooler these days.

Ah - I see........

I suppose we're going to have to store that somewhere in a readily accessible file so that someone in half an hour's time will ask 'where's the link'.... and an instant response can be given.

Sure way to break down discussion - if you let them.... then they turn to personal affront as the alternative to a valid argument....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #863 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 2:38pm

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #864 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 3:31pm

There is seriously something wrong with this political party

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/i-would-kill-to-be-sexually-harassed-at-...

safe_image_002.jpg (55 KB | 3 )
safe_image_002.jpg

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #865 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:03pm

Vic wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 3:31pm:

and yet the die hard libtards will continue to vote for them no matter what they do....

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #866 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:39pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 12:00pm:
If he was just going to collect something - why was there any reason for security to check her in at all?  Apart from the old 'wink, wink -- nudge, nudge', of course?

That was a red flag instantly to anyone with the nous.

There's the rub ..... and again the time used and his lone departure should have set off alarm bells.

I dont think you need that to work at PH. Roll Eyes.this person who still hasnt been charged with anything.....also had a bit of a reputation in the work place,   

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #867 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:51pm

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/i-would-kill-to-be-sexually-harassed-at-...

The Liberal Party have been accused of not taking the issue seriously and deflecting blame in the hope it all blows over....The Prime Minister refused to meet with woman at Parliament House yet found time to go to the Rugby....Now we see a senior Liberal woman making jokes about sexual assault at a meeting....There is seriously something wrong with this political party!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #868 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:59pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:51pm:

The Liberal Party have been accused of not taking the issue seriously and deflecting blame in the hope it all blows over....The Prime Minister refused to meet with woman at Parliament House yet found time to go to the Rugby....Now we see a senior Liberal woman making jokes about sexual assault at a meeting....There is seriously something wrong with this political party!!!
LINK. Roll Eyes

do you really believe its a LIB thing?....most of the speakers at that rally.. were there for trouble! didnt really give a damn about women and workplace safety...if ms Higgins really gave a damn about other women being assaulted  she would have changed this person from day one....as far as I know he is still walking the streets....to me, that isnt caring about others

rape has always been a MALE thing as far as I am concerned...you guys are the ones with the problem   not a political party as such...the lid has been lifted on P.H... but I dont believe for one moment  its only since the Libs took over....I seriously dont!

I am mortified to hear about it now  of course I am   I hope they have the biggest clean out of the place its ever had....but nothing imo will stop MEN behaving badly.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #869 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 5:04pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:51pm:

this is the first sign the conservatives are back on their noble path to success.
men should be at the rugby and women should be laughing and joking and creating a fun environment.
well done and keep up the good work

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 71
Send Topic Print