Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 71
Send Topic Print
Lib staffer allegedly raped at Parliament House (Read 53358 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lib staffer allegedly raped at Parliament House
Feb 15th, 2021 at 11:42am

Australian political staffer alleges she was raped at Parliament House
Quote:
An Australian political staffer has alleged she was raped at Parliament House in a ministerial office by a colleague, and claims she felt forced to choose between reporting it to the police or keeping her job.

In explosive allegations detailing the Morrison Government's handling of the incident, Liberal Party media adviser Brittany Higgins has told news.com.au that she spent the last two years "internalising the trauma".

She has also revealed that she was brought to a formal employment meeting about the incident in the room where she was allegedly raped — a decision the Morrison Government has now accepted was an error by the then Defence Industry Minister Linda Reynolds.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Lib staffer allegedly raped at Parliament House
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 12:08pm

Long past time to show Reynolds the door..

This is the kind of 'leadership' we have currently - kinda reminds you of The General's Daughter, don' it?  The only thing worse than rape was covering it up.... at the very top....

Someone tell me again why this Reynolds woman is in Parliament?  I think I missed it...

No farken Flash Player... damnit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=LsC8Kd6tfs4

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 1:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 15th, 2021 at 12:08pm:
Long past time to show Reynolds the door..

This is the kind of 'leadership' we have currently - kinda reminds you of The General's Daughter, don' it?  The only thing worse than rape was covering it up.... at the very top....

Someone tell me again why this Reynolds woman is in Parliament?  I think I missed it...

No farken Flash Player... damnit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=LsC8Kd6tfs4

It is long past time to show the whole government the door. This incident happened two years ago and was covered up.

What else has been going on that we don't know about?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 1:43pm

Sexual assault is a terrible thing and must be dealt with by the police immediately. Seems this woman felt her job was more important than bringing the alleged perpetrator to justice.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 1:53pm

Belgarion wrote on Feb 15th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
Sexual assault is a terrible thing and must be dealt with by the police immediately. Seems this woman felt her job was more important than bringing the alleged perpetrator to justice.

Why Women Can Take Years to Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:22pm

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:26pm

It wasn't just her job she was protecting.

Quote:
ACT Police confirmed they had spoken to a complainant in April 2019 but the complainant chose not to make a formal complaint.

"Victims always have a say in how far a police investigation goes, can determine that a matter not proceed to prosecution, and can withdraw from the process at any time," police said.

"It is not uncommon for an investigation to halt, not proceed to prosecution, or to be recommenced at a later time, at the request of a victim."

Ms Higgins said she chose not to make a formal complaint because of her desire at the time to protect the reputation of the Liberal Party, and to maintain her "dream job".

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:32pm

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:37pm

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:38pm

Take it or leave... sounds like a clear choice and one of standover to me.... and Reynard the Fox was directly involved - that means there was something going on other than a simple misunderstanding... you don't drag in The Big Enchilada unless there is something serious to deal with...

COS for Army Reserve - Jesus God.... been a few of those around ... sheilas getting artificially pushed up to Colonel and above and all with serious issues of 'leadership ability' or lack thereof....  the retired Colonel down the road used to run 2TG in Holsworthy - when I went there in '76 after Georges Heights they were pumping in sheilas even then...  FFS - they only knew what they'd been told in some public service way....  Roll Eyes  tick the boxes and all is good.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:42pm

As she tells the story, they spent only a few minutes chatting by the window -- Clinton pointed to an old jail he wanted to renovate if he became governor -- before he began kissing her. She resisted his advances, she said, but soon he pulled her back onto the bed and forcibly had sex with her. She said she did not scream because everything happened so quickly. Her upper lip was bruised and swollen after the encounter because, she said, he had grabbed onto it with his mouth.

"The last thing he said to me was, 'You better get some ice for that.' And he put on his sunglasses and walked out the door," she recalled.

https://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:45pm

Defendant Trump initiated sexual contact with Plaintiff at four different parties.
On the fourth and final sexual encounter with Defendant Trump, Defendant Trump tied Plaintiff
to a bed, exposed himself to Plaintiff, and then proceeded to forcibly rape Plaintiff. During the
course of this savage sexual attack, Plaintiff loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to stop but
with no effect. Defendant Trump responded to Plaintiff’s pleas by violently striking Plaintiff in
the face with his open hand and screaming that he would do whatever he wanted.

Trump/Epstein Child Rape Case

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:45pm

Bubba

mgD8HCtV.jpeg (78 KB | 13 )
mgD8HCtV.jpeg

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:46pm

"[Hillary] came directly to me as soon as she hit the door. I had been there only a few minutes, I only wanted to make an appearance and leave. She caught me and took my hand and said 'I am so happy to meet you. I want you to know that we appreciate everything you do for Bill.' I started to turn away and she held onto my hand and reiterated her phrase -- looking less friendly and repeated her statement — 'Everything you do for Bill'. I said nothing. She wasn't letting me get away until she made her point. She talked low, the smile faded on the second thank you. I just released her hand from mine and left the gathering."

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:47pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 15th, 2021 at 2:45pm:
Defendant Trump initiated sexual contact with Plaintiff at four different parties.
On the fourth and final sexual encounter with Defendant Trump, Defendant Trump tied Plaintiff
to a bed, exposed himself to Plaintiff, and then proceeded to forcibly rape Plaintiff. During the
course of this savage sexual attack, Plaintiff loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to stop but
with no effect. Defendant Trump responded to Plaintiff’s pleas by violently striking Plaintiff in
the face with his open hand and screaming that he would do whatever he wanted.

Trump/Epstein Child Rape Case

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 71
Send Topic Print