Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Renowned' Gulf journalist converts to Christianity (Read 148 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Renowned' Gulf journalist converts to Christianity
Jan 26th, 2021 at 6:33pm

'Renowned' [moslem] Gulf journalist converts to Christianity

Yikes !!

Who coulda guessed such a local turn of events !

And they're saying he's mad.
i.e.
.....locals moslems are claiming this fellow, Muhammad Al-Moamen,    only    converted to Christianity because he is mentally disturbed,
and not of sound mind.

Is it because they know, that someone may now try to end his life ?

Is it because, in leaving ISLAM, they believe that he has a 'death wish' ?

Quote:

Renowned Kuwaiti journalist converts to Christianity, sparking turmoil on Gulf social media

Jan 25, 2021
By Samir A. Zedan            17 Comments

Kuwaitis on Twitter circulated a video clip of journalist Muhammad Al-Moamen declaring his renunciation of Islam and conversion to Christianity. He is currently living in an undisclosed location outside Kuwait.

Al-Moamen wore a cross in a video clip and attached it with the words, “I am determined, I know who the Lord is, I understand life, and I live now.”

He added that “Anything that we see related to saying I adopted Christianity for the purpose of fame, you will be upset, this is not a threat.” (SIC)

He concludes his video by saying “We are the children of Jesus Christ son of Mary.” “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,” he said, assuring that there would be no debate on this matter.

Mohammad Al-Moamen is the grandson of Kuwaiti broadcaster Hamad Al-Moamen, one of Radio Kuwait’s founding fathers. His conversion to Christianity was a shock to numerous social media activists in Kuwait and the Gulf region in general.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2021/01/renowned-kuwaiti-journalist-converts-to-chris...

"He is currently living in an undisclosed location outside Kuwait."

Outside the Gulf, i suspect !          Grin

Hmmm.

Muhammad Al-Moamen 'has changed his religion'.

Does ISLAM [ISLAMIC law] permit that    personal    choice ?

Some wit in COMMENTS has questioned....

Quote:

Mount Zion says      

Jan 25, 2021 at 2:20 pm

But what’s the problem , I thought there is no compulsion in religion and as we are assured by muslims all the time Islam is progressive and that their alleged prophet was the first femminist advocating for women rights and that nobody can be coerced into believing or disbelieving and all the usual crap that would make Islam appear like a wonderful religion of peace.

So why is this Kuwaiti journalist accused of suffering from mental illness despite making clear that he was fully responsible for his decision.

Do I sense some Christianophobia here ?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2021/01/renowned-kuwaiti-journalist-converts-to-chris...

THE HADITH....

"...the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."
- DEAD.
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.260

ISLAMIC LAW TEXT....

"Ibn 'Umar related that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said, "I have been ordered to kill the people until they testify that there is no god except Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay the zakah. If they do that, their blood and wealth are protected from me save by the rights of Islam. Their reckoning will be with Allah." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.) "
fiqhussunnah/fus1_06

ISLAMIC LAW TEXT....

"Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Prophet said: "The bare essence of Islam and the basics of the religion are three [acts], upon which Islam has been established. Whoever leaves one of them becomes an unbeliever and his blood may legally be spilled. [The acts are:] Testifying that there is no God except Allah, the obligatory prayers, and the fast of Ramadan."...."
fiqhussunnah/#3.110

n.b.
"Whoever......becomes an unbeliever.....his blood may legally be spilled."

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print