Reporting of posts (Read 2282 times)
Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Re: Reporting of posts
Reply #15 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:51am

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 2:36am:
Are forum users able to block other users so that you cannot see what they are typing?

No, although there is probably an option in the Admin Control Panel (or whatever YaBB call it) to enable that - almost all forum software has had that for ages but it obviously isn't turned on here.

Mind you, if it works the same way as the vBulletin software did at a forum I was a member of some years ago then it would be almost useless anyway.

You could put people on your 'Ignore List' and their messages would appear as "This message is hidden because (name) is on your ignore list" but their posts would still appear in subsequent posts if they were being quoted by other members which, just like here, happened most of the time so you had to avoid reading the (usually numerous) quotes of your ignored members' posts as well.

It never bothered me because I didn't use the ignore function there (except for a brief 'test' once or twice) or anywhere else.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 3:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 8:57pm:
Soren you are banned from this forum.  Do not attempt to post here again.

By the powers vested in you, Bbwian, yes?   Block me from your sandpit, milk monitor, for not obeying your silly orders.  Dont run to daddy-o to ask for me to be banned from the whole forum for - what?

On second thoughts, I wont ask you why you are banning me because I have seen enough yawning, tut-tutting  eyerolling posts from you and don't  need to see another one.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #17 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 3:50pm

Yep there are a few 'little weasels' on this forum who take delight in "Reporting of posts".......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 3:58pm

Frank wrote on Jun 30th, 2021 at 3:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 8:57pm:
Soren you are banned from this forum.  Do not attempt to post here again.

By the powers vested in you, Bbwian, yes?   Block me from your sandpit, milk monitor, for not obeying your silly orders.  Dont run to daddy-o to ask for me to be banned from the whole forum for - what?

On second thoughts, I wont ask you why you are banning me because I have seen enough yawning, tut-tutting  eyerolling posts from you and don't  need to see another one.

Reckon Bri-yawn is just stalking you for something to do.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print