Send Topic Print
Reporting of posts (Read 2289 times)
Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reporting of posts
Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:01am

Is that "a thing" here, or...?

One particular poster keeps posting a debunked quote, in order to push baseless conspiracy theories.

Is there a mechanism via which I can report this poster, or do i just "suck it up" and continue to wade through the endless posting of this debunked quote?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Reporting of posts
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:16am

Mix_Master wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:01am:

One particular poster keeps posting a debunked quote, in order to push baseless conspiracy theories.

Is there a mechanism via which I can report this poster, or do i just "suck it up" and continue to wade through the endless posting of this debunked quote?

Ahh yeah i saw that - guess we have to suck it up though

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:31am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:16am:
Mix_Master wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:01am:

Ahh yeah i saw that - guess we have to suck it up though

Spot

Fair enough. No harm in asking, I guess.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:55am

Most web forum’s structure set up moderators as complete dictators. This one is a strange case though were individual mods are responsible for their own sections and appear free to make their own rules/decisions without input from other mods. Go figure.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 9:06am

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 8:55am:
Most web forum’s structure set up moderators as complete dictators. This one is a strange case though were individual mods are responsible for their own sections and appear free to make their own rules/decisions without input from other mods. Go figure.

True, in the Member Run Sub-Forums.  However, there are also Global Mods (the only active being Vic and Setanta who is using some weird 'hammer' name at the moment) who are supposed to look after the rest of the Forum but who also stick their beaks in (uninvited and resented) to the Member Run Boards.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 9:18am

Aussie wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 9:06am:

True, in the Member Run Sub-Forums.  However, there are also Global Mods (the only active being Vic and Setanta who is using some weird 'hammer' name at the moment) who are supposed to look after the rest of the Forum but who also stick their beaks in (uninvited and resented) to the Member Run Boards.
Some of the legislation being mooted in Canberra in relation to web content may raise questions about who is legally responsible for what’s published on forums.
Worth looking into as the implications could seriously restrict a lot of posting.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:17pm

You do know what GMod means, yeah? Global Moderator. Yes you are encouraged to run your MRBs as you see fit under the umbrella of the forum as a whole. All to often some MRB mods think they are GMods and that they are in total control, which is not the case.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:25pm

And all too often, "you" not only interfere in the MRB, you dictate to the Mods of those MRBs what they must host in their MRB.

You are not the owner/dictator here.  FD is, and I will have no choice but to tug my forelock to him, and I will.  But you have a job to do...and that is limited to seeing FD's Rules are complied with.

That does not mean FD has given 'you' a right to go on flights of your own self important fantasy.

If you feel impotent about that, get FD to change his Rules so we all know that there is but one Rule...'Do what Setanta tells you.'

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:28pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:25pm:
And all too often, "you" not only interfere in the MRB, you dictate to the Mods of those MRBs what they must host in their MRB.

You are not the owner/dictator here.  FD is, and I will have no choice but to tug my forelock to him, and I will.  But you have a job to do...and that is limited to seeing FD's Rules are complied with.

That does not mean FD has given 'you' a right to go on flights of your own self important fantasy.

If you feel impotent about that, get FD to change his Rules so we all know that there is but one Rule...'Do what Setanta tells you.'

Wrong aussie, GMods are NOT here to implement "rules" only,  they are here to "moderate". They are empowered with  a power to exercise their discretion, moderate the forum.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 8:17pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 9:18am:

Some of the legislation being mooted in Canberra in relation to web content may raise questions about who is legally responsible for what’s published on forums.
Worth looking into as the implications could seriously restrict a lot of posting.

Careful ..... the last time I and another member (Mothra) suggested that FD be careful what gets posted on here or he risks being sued, we were both banned for a year.

Now I hope he gets sued the stupid twit. ..it's the least he deserves.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 8:19pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:17pm:

You do know what GMod means, yeah? Global Moderator. Yes you are encouraged to run your MRBs as you see fit under the umbrella of the forum as a whole. All to often some MRB mods think they are GMods and that they are in total control, which is not the case.

You only get to intervene if a 'forums rule' is being broken ... you don't get to jump in and make up rules for the sub boards just because it's the only thing you have to look forward to in life..

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 15th, 2021 at 8:20pm

Super Nova wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:28pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 15th, 2021 at 7:25pm:

Wrong aussie, GMods are NOT here to implement "rules" only,  they are here to "moderate". They are empowered with  a power to exercise their discretion, moderate the forum.

Grin Grin Grin

since when has choo choo ever tried to moderate. Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 2:36am

Are forum users able to block other users so that you cannot see what they are typing?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:06am

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 2:36am:
Are forum users able to block other users so that you cannot see what they are typing?

Can't you just not read the post? I do that with several posters on here. I just don't read them. Simple.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:07am

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 2:36am:

Not FB.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print