Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Big fines for posting 'offending' stuff? (Read 2339 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Big fines for posting 'offending' stuff?
Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:06pm

Vic wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:04pm:
I look forward to all the Righties that slammed Conroy way back in the mid 20's for proposing an internet filter will rise to the fore on this and lambaste the LNP to the same extent as they did Labor.

you might be waiting a long time for that one Vic.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 11:14pm

For cods:-  If this was restricted for the kind of crap that people hand to vulnerable kids etc online, then I would be all for it - but like any and every thing modern day 'governments' want, such fine-minded things as protecting children are always hedged about/lumped in with a hell of a lot of direct attack on civil rights and liberties.

You may not notice them in everyday life - but you will once they are gone.

'Governments' are never content to simply outlaw a definite wrong - they always use that as an opportunity to impose their rule on other things, including such ephemeral things as someone's claimed 'feelings'....

Once again - the law has no place in enforcing anyone's feelings.... and especially not by creating criminals of those that person alleges to have a feeling about....

It's been wrong from the start - it is wrong now - it will always be wrong... been telling yez that since the Dead Sea was only Sick feeling a bit crook
(I like that better).....

Many of you imagine that this vile abuse of law does not happen and does not exist - for the simple reason that it has yet to bite you - but let me assure you - even if it doesn't bite you, it will bite your sons and grandsons one day...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 1:00am

I look forward to all the Righties that slammed Conroy way back in the mid 20's for proposing an internet filter will rise to the fore on this and lambaste the LNP to the same extent as they did Labor.   You didn't want one then, why is it going to be enforced now?  You wanted a free internet, no interference by Government and by not allowing Conroy to implement his filter, tacit approval for grooming of kids on line!    Why the sudden change LNP?

" If enacted, the legislation would have required Internet service providers to censor access to such content for all users.
However, the policy was rejected by the Coalition
[6] and was later withdrawn by the Labor party.[7] The same day the withdrawal was announced, the then Communications Minister stated that as a result of notices to Australian ISPs, over 90% of Australians using Internet Services were going to have a web filter. Australian Federal Police would then pursue smaller ISPs and work with them to meet their "obligation under Australian law".[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Australia

Rise up LNP voters and resist this censorship with the same vim and vigour you showed Conroy. ( the noise of pigs flying cannot be heard - but i am sure it will happen soon)

They seemed to have shut down everything about Trump unless its about burying him even further.
There is no Freedom on the Internet either now.
Big Brother Media has the ultimate power now. Zucker' is sucking their dick now for $$$

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Phi

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 2:39am

Thanks for the warning, Grappler. Might be time for me to disappear. I've ALWAYS managed to offend EVERYBODY.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 4:06am

Yet the poofterized leftard media can spew out as much hate as they like towards anyone who disagrees with their agenda, how many times has Pauline been crucified (she lives on though). How are they allowed the endless attacks on the president of the US without impunity.

« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2021 at 4:16am by Johnnie »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 6:09am

it fits in with the ongoing "infantalisation" of the nanny state.

your nanny doesnt want you to ever develop resilience or a thick skin.

she wants to keep you as a perpetual infant.

fragile and weak, so that you will always need to run to this 'authority figure" when you have a "problem".

it lets nanny maintain the power over you.

when you cant even look at something offensive, without having an emotional meltdown, you really are operating at the pyschological level of an infant.

and to allow this to continue as the behaviour acceptable in an ADULT.

to allow adults to remain as infants.

there is NOTHING uglier then an old infant.

everytime you turn to the nanny state to solve your problems you remain an infant.

imagine you see a woman pushing a pram and you go and peer inside and you see a fully grown 40 yo being pushed around in that pram.

thats an ugly thing.

an old infant.

that is a disgusting thing.

it does offer the advantage to the infant though that they never have to assume any responsibility. when the shiit hits the fan, they can just suck their thumb and cry and expect mummy and daddy to sort it out.

and that is the relationship of the majority of the population to government.

little whining children, sooking to scomo to solve their problems.....disgraceful

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 9th, 2021 at 3:44pm

In all of this discussion, I find it interesting that the most obvious motive behind such Legislation - once again from a Right Wing Government  Roll Eyes - would be the crushing of dissent.

Post something "offensive" about the Government, have "someone" find it offensive, and "find" yourself in the hole, to the tune of $110K.

How many average mug punters out there have $110K "spare", that they can afford to squander, for the "privilege" of criticising the Government?

It's being proposed - IMHO - to silence dissent (which makes me wonder what else they are considering introducing down the track).

The rest - again IMHO - is "Window dressing".

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #22 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 9:29am

John Smith wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:06pm:
I look forward to all the Righties that slammed Conroy way back in the mid 20's for proposing an internet filter will rise to the fore on this and lambaste the LNP to the same extent as they did Labor.

you might be waiting a long time for that one Vic.

I think most people opposed Labor's internet filter, hence why they dropped it....As they will oppose this proposal by the Coalition once they hear about it....I doubt this policy will get much public support???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 9:37am

seriously guys..

on the one hand we expect twitter and facebook to have ethical standards... and when they use them  by banning the President of the USA.....they get applauded...

yet a govt tries to impose the same ETHICAL STANDARDS    and you bellyache.......I am not convinced this is about what people say about GOVT     its more or less about every human    who like it or not   has a very mean streak in them......its the govts job to protect every person this is the only way thats possible............this machine we all use is extremely POWERFUL..it shouldnt be a runaway train.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 11:10am

cods wrote on Jan 10th, 2021 at 9:37am:
on the one hand we expect twitter and facebook to have ethical standards... and when they use them  by banning the President of the USA.....they get applauded...

yet a govt tries to impose the same ETHICAL STANDARDS 

ethical standards?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy they're trying to dictate what people can say. There is a difference between FD controlling the content he allows on this forum and the govt. dictating what can and cannot be said.

Besides, like others have said, govt will abuse this law and use it to stop people calling out their lies pretending they are offended every time someone does so.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 12:48am

Phi wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 2:39am:
Thanks for the warning, Grappler. Might be time for me to disappear. I've ALWAYS managed to offend EVERYBODY.

Some are forced to be offended - some are born to it....

I often retort to some ideologue that if they find what I say offensive, then I am content... some people NEED to feel the scourge of being offended before they can begin to straighten out their off the track thinking...

Side note :-  I not that aquascoot's descriptive below describes 'feminism' to a T... this getting Big Brother to smash those you hate, and then progressively taking over the reins of Big Brother so you can save time and money and do it yourself without any hindrance ........................................................

... let's allow that one to hang in the air for a while.........

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 12:50am

Phi wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 2:39am:

Some are forced to be offended - some are born to it....

I often retort to some ideologue that if they find what I say offensive, then I am content... some people NEED to feel the scourge of being offended before they can begin to straighten out their off the track thinking...

Side note :-  I note that aquascoot's descriptive below describes 'feminism' to a T... this getting Big Brother to smash those you hate, and then progressively taking over the reins of Big Brother so you can save time and money and do it yourself without any hindrance from petty legalities and need to abide by the Rule of Law and social niceties such as being honest  ...... ...... ..... .... .... .... .... .... .... ..... ..... ..... ......

... let's allow that one to hang in the air for a while.........

― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 6:39am

aquascoot wrote on Jan 9th, 2021 at 6:09am:
it fits in with the ongoing "infantalisation" of the nanny state.

your nanny doesnt want you to ever develop resilience or a thick skin.

she wants to keep you as a perpetual infant.

fragile and weak, so that you will always need to run to this 'authority figure" when you have a "problem".

it lets nanny maintain the power over you.

when you cant even look at something offensive, without having an emotional meltdown, you really are operating at the pyschological level of an infant.

and to allow this to continue as the behaviour acceptable in an ADULT.

to allow adults to remain as infants.

there is NOTHING uglier then an old infant.

everytime you turn to the nanny state to solve your problems you remain an infant.

imagine you see a woman pushing a pram and you go and peer inside and you see a fully grown 40 yo being pushed around in that pram.

thats an ugly thing.

an old infant.

that is a disgusting thing.

it does offer the advantage to the infant though that they never have to assume any responsibility. when the shiit hits the fan, they can just suck their thumb and cry and expect mummy and daddy to sort it out.

and that is the relationship of the majority of the population to government.

little whining children, sooking to scomo to solve their problems.....disgraceful

We already have word filters and all sorts of controls.
It seems there is no such thing as free speech.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 6:47am

Valkie wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 11:33am:
Looks like the grubberment is looking for any way it can to snatch and grab back as much cash as possible.

"Fines" meaning the money goes straight to the grubberment.

The "offended" will get nothing from this unless they take the individual to court, a lengthy and expensive process.
It also puts even more cash in the grubberment coffers.

As for offended.

Anything you post will offend someone.

Anything you say or do will offend someone.

In this world of the terminally offended, it will be unsafe to even speak.

Mr Orwell had it in one
Silencing any opposition to the minority WOKE community is exactly what he was talking about.

The more we allow this shite to go on

The less we will be able to stop the sickness that is
the WOKE community platform

They got their way with pooftah marriage
Then they moved toward child grooming
But we're stopped by protest and the community backlash

If these groomers suddenly decide to feel "offended" by any opposition or community posts.
They will run to the morons in the grubberment ferment to silence the normal human beings.

This will allow them to move forward with their sick grooming unopposed.

It's time to force these WOKE morons to comply with normal, healthy and open minded society.

Hi Valkie,
we have a number of WOKE individuals from
Monks dump here at Ozpolitic.
Their whole agenda revolves around gay issues
and them being offended - by everything.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #29 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 6:58am

Bobby. wrote on Jan 11th, 2021 at 6:47am:
Valkie wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 11:33am:
Looks like the grubberment is looking for any way it can to snatch and grab back as much cash as possible.

"Fines" meaning the money goes straight to the grubberment.

The "offended" will get nothing from this unless they take the individual to court, a lengthy and expensive process.
It also puts even more cash in the grubberment coffers.

As for offended.

Anything you post will offend someone.

Anything you say or do will offend someone.

In this world of the terminally offended, it will be unsafe to even speak.

Mr Orwell had it in one
Silencing any opposition to the minority WOKE community is exactly what he was talking about.

The more we allow this shite to go on

The less we will be able to stop the sickness that is
the WOKE community platform

They got their way with pooftah marriage
Then they moved toward child grooming
But we're stopped by protest and the community backlash

If these groomers suddenly decide to feel "offended" by any opposition or community posts.
They will run to the morons in the grubberment ferment to silence the normal human beings.

This will allow them to move forward with their sick grooming unopposed.

It's time to force these WOKE morons to comply with normal, healthy and open minded society.

Hi Valkie,
we have a number of WOKE individuals from
Monks dump here at Ozpolitic.
Their whole agenda revolves around gay issues
and them being offended - by everything.

Being part of the normal majority of male, heterosexual, tax paying human beings.

I am offended by the sodomy perpetrated by these sick mentally ill minority.

Using a sewer pipe for pleasure is simply sick and depraved.

Doing it with the same sex is even sicker.

They seriously need mental help.

But instead they are protected and now they are moving onto child grooming at schools.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print