Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Re: COVID in WA
Reply #465 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 8:18am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 6:52am:

Quote:
Sweeney Todd Barber’s Shop recently took to Facebook, asking customers to cancel their appointments if they had received a COVID jab.

Yes, of course... Facebook. Roll Eyes

Another idiot like this one back in May.

Quote:
A Queensland business owner is refusing customers who have received a COVID-19 vaccine because of information she discovered on “the rabbit warren of the internet”.

Spending less time in that "rabbit warren" (especially social media) might help.

Quote:
Originally from Melbourne, Adler’s Palm Beach business also provides “crystal healing” and “frequency technology and sound healing for your full mind body hair experience”.
  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:
In social media posts, she explained why she made a rule stating “we are not your hairdresser if you have had the COVID vax”.

Social media. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

These clowns must "think" the vaccines give you Covid... they probably also "think" people are being injected with microchips so the government can control them (with the 5G towers). Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2021 at 8:38am by Carl D »  

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #466 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 11:58pm

And, here comes another one.

Another ship with possible COVID-infected crew heading to WA

Quote:
Another vessel is on its way to Western Australia with crew members suspected to be infected with COVID-19.

Almost a week after the BBC California docked in the state with 10 infected crew members on board, Premier Mark McGowan said the Darya Krishna alerted authorities that four of its 20 crew members were unwell with respiratory disease symptoms.

Quote:
The ship was expected to drop anchor off Fremantle on Monday with a view to docking during the week.

Just a matter of time before we're in lockdown again here in Perth, I'm predicting it'll be within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it won't be until after my birthday party on August 8th (my birthday is the 5th but we're planning to have the party on Sunday the 8th).

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #467 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 12:07am

you havent had any protesters screaming abuse because they have been told to stay home and stop spreading germs?????>.. lucky you maybe all the loonies live in the East it seems that way at times...

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #468 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 12:20am

I tell you Cods, Im in WA for a while, I have to say, its great. Its like an isolated island.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #469 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:14am

cods wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 12:07am:
you havent had any protesters screaming abuse because they have been told to stay home and stop spreading germs?????>.. lucky you maybe all the loonies live in the East it seems that way at times...

We had a bunch of stupid Karens driving around with anti-vax slogans painted on their cars while Gordon's mate in Sydney was punching horses, but that's about it.

Most people here do the right thing, and it's worked out well for us so far.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #470 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 8:56am

"Gladys-level STUPID", indeed.

Yes, call it off now, Mark. Or, move it to somewhere safer.

stupid_005.jpg (74 KB | 7 )
stupid_005.jpg

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #471 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:06am

Carl D wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 8:56am:
"Gladys-level STUPID", indeed.

Yes, call it off now, Mark. Or, move it to somewhere safer.

The word safe was not used often enough in that tweet
I expect the word safe to be used at least 20 times to prove the virtue of the tweeter

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #472 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:19pm

Carl D wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 11:58pm:

Quote:
Another vessel is on its way to Western Australia with crew members suspected to be infected with COVID-19.

Almost a week after the BBC California docked in the state with 10 infected crew members on board, Premier Mark McGowan said the Darya Krishna alerted authorities that four of its 20 crew members were unwell with respiratory disease symptoms.

Quote:
The ship was expected to drop anchor off Fremantle on Monday with a view to docking during the week.

Just a matter of time before we're in lockdown again here in Perth, I'm predicting it'll be within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it won't be until after my birthday party on August 8th (my birthday is the 5th but we're planning to have the party on Sunday the 8th).

Perth's next lockdown is getting closer and closer.

Unvaccinated hospital workers forced into isolation after WA quarantine breach ("Unclean lift" breach #3).

Quote:
wo unvaccinated Western Australia healthcare workers have been put into isolation after a quarantine breach involving three sick crew members from a COVID-riddled ship.
Health Minister Roger Cook said the state had recorded two new COVID-19 cases linked to the Darya Krishna ship docked in Fremantle.
Three crew members were taken to the Fiona Stanley Hospital and tested positive.
Mr Cook said a mechanical fault had resulted in a "disappointing" breach which has required the 14 day isolation of two healthcare workers who entered an unclean lift.

Planes... ships... and now lifts.

"Unclean lift" breach #1

"Unclean lift" breach #2

Maybe they should just use the stairs? Roll Eyes

Edit: More on today's "Unclean lift" saga

Quote:
On arrival at the hospital, the crew members were tested for COVID-19 and the results had since shown they were all infected.

The trio were initially kept in negative pressure rooms at FSH’s emergency department and then taken to the intensive care unit via a service lift which is not accessible to the public.

They rode the lift to level one, where ICU is located. The lift then went up to level nine for cleaning and to be ventilated for 30 minutes to reduce the risk of infection.

But within 90 seconds of reaching level nine, the empty lift malfunctioned and started moving due to a “mechanical failure” before it could be cleaned and ventilated.

Two hospital staff — a trainee nurse and a technician — were able to enter the lift on two separate occasions. They were initially told to isolate at home but have now been sent to hotel quarantine.

To compound the double blunder, both healthcare workers had decided they did not want to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, despite being eligible for a Pfizer jab since February.

It could almost be called a comedy if the potential consequences were not so serious.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:42pm by Carl D »  

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #473 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:39pm

Carl D wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:19pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Unvaccinated hospital workers forced into isolation after WA quarantine breach ("Unclean lift" breach #3).

Quote:
wo unvaccinated Western Australia healthcare workers have been put into isolation after a quarantine breach involving three sick crew members from a COVID-riddled ship.
Health Minister Roger Cook said the state had recorded two new COVID-19 cases linked to the Darya Krishna ship docked in Fremantle.
Three crew members were taken to the Fiona Stanley Hospital and tested positive.
Mr Cook said a mechanical fault had resulted in a "disappointing" breach which has required the 14 day isolation of two healthcare workers who entered an unclean lift.

"Unclean lift" breach #1

"Unclean lift" breach #2

The absolute stupidity behind some of the decisions which are being made, they are putting the covid isolation areas on the top floors of the hospitals. This Cook idiot does not have a clue.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #474 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:45pm

rhino wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:39pm:
The absolute stupidity behind some of the decisions which are being made, they are putting the covid isolation areas on the top floors of the hospitals. This Cook idiot does not have a clue.

Unbelievable, isn't it?

I've added a bit more to my previous post, btw.

Let's hope the name on the side of the ship isn't an omen (if you remove the C). Shocked

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #475 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 7:17pm

rhino wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:39pm:
Carl D wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 5:19pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"Unclean lift" breach #1

"Unclean lift" breach #2

I'm so angry about this.

I have no problem with the crew being treated - they must be given the best possible care wherever it's available.

However, everyone saw this coming.

We all knew this was going to backfire, so why didn't Cook and why didn't he make sure we would all be wrong?

He needs to go.  Now.

Don't put it down as a technical fault with the lifts - that's a cop out.

Those sort of things should have been considered in advance.

He's hopeless - time for Mark to give him the boot.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #476 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 7:38pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 7:17pm:

Agreed.

And, this "technical fault" with the lift is definitely a bit suss.

Was the lift sent to the 9th floor with no-one in it and someone was supposed to meet it there and stop it leaving until it was cleaned and ventilated? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Or, did someone ride with the lift up to the 9th floor and then forgot to 'lock it out' to stop it from leaving that floor?

Unbelievable incompetence. And, don't get me started on unvaccinated health care workers. The State government has been 'dithering' on making vaccination compulsory for them for months now.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #477 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 7:46pm

Carl D wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 7:38pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 7:17pm:

Agreed.

And, this "technical fault" with the lift is definitely a bit suss.

Was the lift sent to the 9th floor with no-one in it and someone was supposed to meet it there and stop it leaving until it was cleaned and ventilated? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Or, did someone ride with the lift up to the 9th floor and then forgot to 'lock it out' to stop it from leaving that floor?

Unbelievable incompetence. And, don't get me started on unvaccinated health care workers. The State government has been 'dithering' on making vaccination compulsory for them for months now.

All they had to do was put some ropes & bollards around the lifts on every floor, with a security guard in attendance, while the patient was being taken up.

Simple, easy to implement, and a good back-up just in case the doors did accidentally open on the wrong floor/s.

Such stupidity.  Such incompetence.  Unbelievable.

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #478 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 7:36pm

Carl D wrote on Jul 2nd, 2021 at 4:28pm:
Quote:
But the busiest airport for arrivals was Bunbury Airport in Western Australia, with 22 flights - all from the US and all this month.

Too scared to land and be seen at Perth Airport because of the extremely likely and well deserved outrage, eh?

As we've said before (many times)... one rule for "them" and another for the rest of us.

I pretty sure Bunbury airport did not get any flight from the US last month and has never in its life had a plane from the US land there.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #479 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 5:37am

Getting a bit tired of these football arseholes.

"WA Police have charged Fremantle Dockers assistant coach Josh Carr after he allegedly breached quarantine rules in Perth."

Fremantle Dockers assistant coach Josh Carr charged over alleged quarantine breach in Perth

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 142
Send Topic Print