COVID in WA (Read 80438 times)
MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: COVID in WA
Reply #1560 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:49am

Carl D wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:46am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 10:41am:
Apart from taking your 92-year-old aunt shopping, do you interact with society?

Is there a point to your question? Looks to me like you're trying to put a 'smokescreen' over the issue. Once again.

However, the answer is yes. And we're both wearing KN95 masks whenever we do and we stay as far away from the maskless lemmings as we can.

The point to my question is obvious. You read like an unemployed loner obsessed with his 92-year-old aunt.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #1561 - May 28th, 2022 at 11:02am

Do you work for the government? Sure sounds like it.

The only "obsession" I have with my aunt is being obsessed with trying to make sure she isn't hospitalised or killed by a virus which should never have been allowed to enter Australia and spread.

And, I am not unemployed. I am retired.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #1562 - May 28th, 2022 at 11:02am

flip page.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #1563 - May 28th, 2022 at 11:03am

flip page.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1564 - May 28th, 2022 at 11:07am

Carl D wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 11:02am:
Do you work for the government? Sure sounds like it.

The only "obsession" I have with my aunt is being obsessed with trying to make sure she isn't hospitalised or killed by a virus which should never have been allowed to enter Australia and spread.

And, I am not unemployed. I am retired.

A retired loner obsessed with his 92-year-old aunt.

Meanwhile, in your society, there are integrated people with real families to support, many with businesses that they have built up over decades, at risk of being destroyed so, as you'd have it, a retired loner obsessed with his 92-year-old aunt can be guaranteed safety.

Your aunt will die someday, as we all will; then you'll need to find someone else to obsess over.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #1565 - May 28th, 2022 at 1:33pm

You know, it's a pity you don't work somewhere high up in the WA government because if you did maybe you could have given us all an insight into what the 'endgame' is here with Covid?

Let's see, in 3 months we've gone from the best place in the world to be with 'only' 9 Covid deaths in 2 years (caused by interstate and international travellers, of course) with no Covid, no masks or other restrictions protections, few lockdowns and local businesses thriving to one of the worst now with nearly 10,000 daily cases, 243 deaths - 234 of them in the past 3 months (another 7 reported today) and small businesses suffering due to staff being off sick or isolating and customers staying away because they're trying not to get infected.

And, the flu season is also about to kick off big time this year.

Mark McGowan's latest "thought bubble" (while he's not trying to work out what to do with the 200 million dollar white elephant quarantine facility in Bullsbrook) is that we should get this Covid 'wave' out of the way before winter sets in.

Where is he getting this "advice" from? Doesn't he know people can be reinfected with Covid after 12 weeks even if they're fully vaccinated? I've seen stories of people being reinfected after 8 or even 6 weeks WITH THE SAME VARIANT.

And... new, even more vaccine evading variants are on their way (if they're not here already).

This probably applies to all politicians but if you've ever wondered why you only see the top half of McGowan during his press conferences I'm sure if you removed the podium you'd see Murdoch/Stokes/Joyce/Hrdlicka/"Skroo" Turner and probably a few others taking their turns with their hands up the back of his shirt operating him like the big business puppet he is.

Oh...

Quote:
there are integrated people with real families to support, many with businesses that they have built up over decades

And a lot of these businesses are now being destroyed by Covid with staff and customers being sick and many customers now forced to go into self imposed lockdowns to try and avoid Covid.

But, I'm sure that's OK with the government as they're only small businesses.
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2022 at 2:02pm by Carl D »  

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1566 - May 28th, 2022 at 2:50pm

Carl D wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 1:33pm:
You know, it's a pity you don't work somewhere high up in the WA government because if you did maybe you could have given us all an insight into what the 'endgame' is here with Covid?

Let's see, in 3 months we've gone from the best place in the world to be with 'only' 9 Covid deaths in 2 years (caused by interstate and international travellers, of course) with no Covid, no masks or other restrictions protections, few lockdowns and local businesses thriving to one of the worst now with nearly 10,000 daily cases, 243 deaths - 234 of them in the past 3 months (another 7 reported today) and small businesses suffering due to staff being off sick or isolating and customers staying away because they're trying not to get infected.

Mark McGowan's latest "thought bubble" (while he's not trying to work out what to do with the 200 million dollar white elephant quarantine facility in Bullsbrook) is that we should get this Covid 'wave' out of the way before winter sets in.

Where is he getting this "advice" from? Doesn't he know people can be reinfected with Covid after 12 weeks even if they're fully vaccinated? I've seen stories of people being reinfected after 8 or even 6 weeks WITH THE SAME VARIANT.

And... new, even more vaccine evading variants are on their way (if they're not here already).

This probably applies to all politicians but if you've ever wondered why you only see the top half of McGowan during his press conferences I'm sure if you removed the podium you'd see Murdoch/Stokes/Joyce/Hrdlicka/"Skroo" Turner and probably a few others taking their turns with their hands up the back of his shirt operating him like the big business puppet he is.

Oh...

Quote:
there are integrated people with real families to support, many with businesses that they have built up over decades

And a lot of these businesses are now being destroyed by Covid with staff and customers being sick and many customers now forced to go into self imposed lockdowns to try and avoid Covid.

Given you have access to the living memory of someone who, being 92 (probably 93 this year?), was born on the eve of the Great Depression and after that, for a topper, she endured WW2. She would not have been free of tragedy until she was at least 16 and if she lost relatives in either or both events, maybe the grieving continued until the end of her teens.

Our society could not have sustained lockdowns indefinitely. Even in China, where the CCP thinks it can impose total lockdowns indefinitely, riots are breaking out across the country, (extremely unusual and dangerous for the Chinese people), and right on the eve of June 4th.

Global supply lines have been drastically disrupted, which threatens to bring on a food supply crisis.

You're going to need a touch of the old ANZAC spirit and stop soiling yourself.

Your aunt might have some advice for you on growing a spine, as she would have done during the first 16 years of her life.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #1567 - May 28th, 2022 at 6:44pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 2:50pm:

Oh...

Quote:

Given you have access to the living memory of someone who, being 92 (probably 93 this year?), was born on the eve of the Great Depression and after that, for a topper, she endured WW2. She would not have been free of tragedy until she was at least 16 and if she lost relatives in either or both events, maybe the grieving continued until the end of her teens.

Our society could not have sustained lockdowns indefinitely. Even in China, where the CCP thinks it can impose total lockdowns indefinitely, riots are breaking out across the country, (extremely unusual and dangerous for the Chinese people), and right on the eve of June 4th.

Global supply lines have been drastically disrupted, which threatens to bring on a food supply crisis.

Your aunt might have some advice for you on growing a spine, as she would have done during the first 16 years of her life.

Jesus!

Carl is retired and helps an aunt of his. How does that warrant the spray you gave him?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1568 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:05pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 6:44pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 2:50pm:

Oh...

Quote:

Jesus!

Carl is retired and helps an aunt of his. How does that warrant the spray you gave him?

Carl is a grown man. Would it be respect if I treated him as a child?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #1569 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:18pm

You want Carl to tell his aunt to bugger off?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1570 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:25pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 7:18pm:
You want Carl to tell his aunt to bugger off?

I'd suggest Carl ask his aunt to tell him about real suffering, like economic depression and world war. At 92+ she's experienced real crises; not the tepid one we're living through.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #1571 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:29pm

I heard about that from my Mum—incl the shame of some Dutch families when some joined the SS. I am sure Carl has heard that from his Mum and Aunt.

Your spray was way out of order and unwarranted.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1572 - May 28th, 2022 at 7:36pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 7:29pm:
I heard about that from my Mum—incl the shame of some Dutch families when some joined the SS.

If you're of Dutch descent, then your family would know alot about suffering in WW2 and what the Germans did to the Dutch.

What we are going through is nothing compared to what they suffered.

We should keep that in mind to help us endure the flea-bite we're living through in comparison.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #1573 - May 28th, 2022 at 8:17pm

Your attack on Carl was unwarranted and out of order.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #1574 - May 28th, 2022 at 8:25pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 7:25pm:
I'd suggest Carl ask his aunt to tell him about real suffering, like economic depression and world war. At 92+ she's experienced real crises; not the tepid one we're living through.

I'd like my aunt to tell some of the selfish pr*cks we see every time we go out who seem to find it a major inconvenience to do something as simple as wearing a mask during a raging pandemic to protect the elderly and vulnerable about real suffering.

She also lived in England during World War 2. Nowhere near the bombings thank goodness. She was born there, same as me and the rest of our family.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 142
Send Topic Print