Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Pope attacks the "virus of individualism" (Read 774 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Pope attacks the "virus of individualism"
Reply #15 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 3:22pm

Mix_Master wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 2:18pm:
[quote author=philperth2010 link=1609201869/2#2 date=1609205463]WTF does this have to do with America???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Indeed.

I'm sure the moderators will be along in due course, to move this thread to where it best belongs...

Is there a "bin" forum on these boards?[/quote]

yes Feedback   only the few are allowed to enter..

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 9:05pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 3:21pm:
Richdude wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 1:19pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:41am:
Quote:
condemning nationalism and “the virus of radical individualism”

That doesn't even make sense.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but there is a resurgence of nationalism around the World and rejection of internationalism, a New World order. Its a struggle being played out behind the scenes by forces that want to control humanity.

We know which side the Pope is on, the Pharisees.

Indeed. The pope is saying drug companies need to make vaccines available to everybody, not just those in developed countries, where drug profits pay for political campaigns.

The polio vaccine patent was made free for all. The pope is appealing to the boards of Pfizer, Merk, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, etc, to do the same.

The pope is making an ethical argument, but there's an equivalent political-economic argument to be made as well. If we don't make the vaccine freely available to the developing world, the virus will remain. We'll never be able to return to normal.

No global travel or trade in services, no tourism, no foreign markets. If covid has shown us anything, it's how globally interdependent we are.

You understand this better than anyone, Rich, You're an American-fancying South African-born Israeli who has a Chinese-born partner and posts on an Australian political site.

Rich tapestry, innit.

The population explosion is happening in Africa, India, the third world.

They need to keep it in their trousers (yes, it would disappoint you, old toilet crawler). We should not vaccinate the third world. They need to stop having so many kids they cant actually support.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 10:24pm

The Vatican has billions so what's stopping them from developing their own vaccine and distributing it to the poor countries if they're that concerned about them. Have to keep pedophile priests away from them though

Strange how he talks about radical individualism, when he holds a position that can only be held by a radical individual. All Popes think they are Jesus Christ

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:33pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 10:24pm:
The Vatican has billions so what's stopping them from developing their own vaccine and distributing it to the poor countries if they're that concerned about them. Have to keep pedophile priests away from them though

Strange how he talks about radical individualism, when he holds a position that can only be held by a radical individual. All Popes think they are Jesus Christ

But you're forgetting that the Pope is infallible.
He is preserved from the possibility of error.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #19 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 1:28am

LOL!

This Pope is 100% political and 0 spiritual. Unlike John Paul, I do not trust this one.

You must remember that most of the last 2,000 years there was a One World order up until Martin Luther "protested". People were considered sheep to be used and slaughtered when needed, no place for individuals. America gave rise for that full expression, and what an example it did provide. It gave an opportunity for everyone to reach the zenith of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, self-realization.

Do we really want a return to the previous system?

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 8:47am

Richdude wrote on Dec 30th, 2020 at 1:28am:

LOL!

This Pope is 100% political and 0 spiritual. Unlike John Paul, I do not trust this one.

You must remember that most of the last 2,000 years there was a One World order up until Martin Luther "protested". People were considered sheep to be used and slaughtered when needed, no place for individuals. America gave rise for that full expression, and what an example it did provide. It gave an opportunity for everyone to reach the zenith of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, self-realization.

Self-realisation and indivdual self-interest are excellent goals, however in the USA they seem to have been taken to extremes at the expense of the common good.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #21 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 8:51am

Belgarion wrote on Dec 30th, 2020 at 8:47am:

LOL!

Self-realisation and indivdual self-interest are excellent goals, however in the USA they seem to have been taken to extremes at the expense of the common good.

X2..........Well said........... Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #22 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 9:55am

Belgarion wrote on Dec 30th, 2020 at 8:47am:

LOL!

The common good ?

What defines, the common good ?

Is the good of the majority, to be at the cost to the rights of every individual ?

QUESTION;
If the laws of a society are just, and if the laws of a society protect the rights of the individual, then won't those laws, IN THAT DEFINITION, also protect the rights of the majority ?

Isn't an individual, just a part of the majority ?

The Common law of the land [presuming that potent, and just laws have authority],
should be, ought to be, enough to reign in any proven exuberant lawlessness, of individuality.

But do our laws [the Common law of the land, in Western nations, today], actually seek to bring accountability, to wrongdoing [including bringing accountability to real lawlessness] ?

I think we have lost our way, in our exuberance to prove our personal tolerance of almost any behaviour [whether or not the usual traditional norms of society regard a behaviour as acceptable or no.]

The promotion of;

Virtue Signalling.

Political Correctness.

CRITICAL RACE THEORY.

THE HIVE MIND [in response to controversy]

These are not the foundations of [honest, real] JUSTICE in a society of men.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #23 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 10:11am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:33pm:

He is preserved from the possibility of error. [/quote]
Infallibility is only one of the irrationalities Rome adheres to.
Another is the absurd game of blaming any evil that occurs on Satan.
So who is responsible for Covid 19 according to Rome ?
Dare they even speculate ?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #24 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 11:03am

I blame China.

I blame CCP.

I blame Xi Jinping.

....anyone else.

Oh yeah, TDS too.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 2:59pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 30th, 2020 at 10:11am:
Bobby. wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:33pm:
He is preserved from the possibility of error.

Infallibility is only one of the irrationalities Rome adheres to.
Another is the absurd game of blaming any evil that occurs on Satan.
So who is responsible for Covid 19 according to Rome ?
Dare they even speculate ?

The Catholic church can back up all their dogma
with powerful arguments.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 4:57pm

Frank wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 9:05pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 3:21pm:
Richdude wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 1:19pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:41am:
Quote:
condemning nationalism and “the virus of radical individualism”

That doesn't even make sense.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but there is a resurgence of nationalism around the World and rejection of internationalism, a New World order. Its a struggle being played out behind the scenes by forces that want to control humanity.

We know which side the Pope is on, the Pharisees.

Indeed. The pope is saying drug companies need to make vaccines available to everybody, not just those in developed countries, where drug profits pay for political campaigns.

The polio vaccine patent was made free for all. The pope is appealing to the boards of Pfizer, Merk, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, etc, to do the same.

The pope is making an ethical argument, but there's an equivalent political-economic argument to be made as well. If we don't make the vaccine freely available to the developing world, the virus will remain. We'll never be able to return to normal.

No global travel or trade in services, no tourism, no foreign markets. If covid has shown us anything, it's how globally interdependent we are.

You understand this better than anyone, Rich, You're an American-fancying South African-born Israeli who has a Chinese-born partner and posts on an Australian political site.

Rich tapestry, innit.

The population explosion is happening in Africa, India, the third world.

They need to keep it in their trousers (yes, it would disappoint you, old toilet crawler). We should not vaccinate the third world. They need to stop having so many kids they cant actually support.

I see. We should not vaccinate the third world.

Excellent analysis as usual, dear boy. We should not vaccinate the world if they're tinted.

We should punish them for their lascivious ways. I know, I know, that means we'll never be covid-free, but it's a small price to pay for killing off a few tinted numpties, shutting down our borders, sending the tourism and education sectors bankrupt and banning foreign travel, no?

Why didn't anyone think of this before?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 5:01pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 30th, 2020 at 11:03am:

I blame China.

I blame CCP.

I blame Xi Jinping.

....anyone else.

Oh yeah, TDS too.

Islam. Don't forget that. Leftists, spineless apologists, the tinted races.

You could go on.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #28 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 5:21pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 30th, 2020 at 2:59pm:
The Catholic church can back up all their dogma
with powerful arguments.

Well then, down on your knees.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #29 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 5:25pm

Richdude wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 10:31am:
Pope Francis attacks those that embrace individualism, (I mean no offence meant to true Catholics.)

There was a man 2,000 years ago who embraced radical individualism, his name was Jesus Christ. I wonder if this poop has heard of him? Or perhaps he has the mindset of those that cried Barabbas, Barabbas, Barabbas.......
-----

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis in his Christmas message on Friday said political and business leaders must not allow market forces and patent laws to take priority over making Covid 19 vaccines available to all, condemning nationalism and “the virus of radical individualism”.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-christmas-season-pope/in-christmas-message-cu...

You're mistaking "Individuality' (eg JC) with "Individualism" (eg dog eat dog and do you want to buy my Grannie - if you push her she'll still do a good days work for ya - which definitely wasn't JC)

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print