Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Pope attacks the "virus of individualism" (Read 765 times)
Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
The Pope attacks the "virus of individualism"
Dec 29th, 2020 at 10:31am

Pope Francis attacks those that embrace individualism, (I mean no offence meant to true Catholics.)

There was a man 2,000 years ago who embraced radical individualism, his name was Jesus Christ. I wonder if this poop has heard of him? Or perhaps he has the mindset of those that cried Barabbas, Barabbas, Barabbas.......
-----

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis in his Christmas message on Friday said political and business leaders must not allow market forces and patent laws to take priority over making Covid 19 vaccines available to all, condemning nationalism and “the virus of radical individualism”.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-christmas-season-pope/in-christmas-message-cu...

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: The Pope attacks the "virus of individualism"
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:02am

Pope Francis = = SATAN's lapdog.

This Papa winks, at the moslem murderers,     ...of thousands of Christians in China, M.E., and Africa during his Papa-ship.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/category/muslim-persecution-of-christians

https://www.jihadwatch.org/category/catholic-church

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:31am

WTF does this have to do with America???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:41am

Quote:
condemning nationalism and “the virus of radical individualism”

That doesn't even make sense.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:56am

freediver wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:41am:
Quote:

The Pope is right. Social Distancing between Nations let alone the people is bringing out a more 'individual' state. We see this in our own States beyond the Federal National. More individuality and a state of independence for richer or poorer. Many nations don't survive this 'individualism' of social distancing in regards to the Virus. Many become infected as it is and declare Bankruptcy with the World Bank, as their workforce collapses in sickness. Let alone being 'dependent' on other nations to keep them afloat in the first place.

We'll see nations who will help others and nations that are selfishly out for themselves. Politicians are upset that Medical staff get the vaccines first before them, as it is.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 12:00pm

Quote:

IMO, the Catholic Church, circa 2021, has parsed the right of God's children to choose, as being, this, "radical individualism".

i.e.
The right of the individual to choose, is being parsed, by the Catholic Church, as "radical individualism".

And yes, of course, imo, every human being, has    the God-given-right,    to choose the 'LIGHT' or, to choose the 'DARKNESS', as his abode.

In scripture, our God, say's; 'In teh world there are many temptations and evils. But please SEEK ME, and come to me, where there is safety and love.'

He [the SPIRIT of God] doesn't give priests [in this world] a commission, to come into every village, with whips and swords, and to coral us, according to the dictates of those priests.

Nowhere in scripture, have i seen such a commission given, to God's church.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 12:42pm

Thus spake the Jews, Christians and Moslems for Zarathustra.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 1:19pm

Quote:

Maybe you haven't noticed, but there is a resurgence of nationalism around the World and rejection of internationalism, a New World order. Its a struggle being played out behind the scenes by forces that want to control humanity.

We know which side the Pope is on, the Pharisees.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 2:02pm

Richdude wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 1:19pm:

Love the SPIRIT of God, love His Righteousness.

Seek Him.

Amos 5:4
For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:

Isaiah 55:1
Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
2  Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
3  Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Revelation 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1 John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 2:14pm

Quote:

Maybe you haven't noticed, but there is a resurgence of nationalism around the World and rejection of internationalism, a New World order. Its a struggle being played out behind the scenes by forces that want to control humanity.

So you think it makes sense to equate nationalism with individualism?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 2:16pm

Richdude wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 10:31am:
Pope Francis in his Christmas message on Friday said political and business leaders must not allow market forces and patent laws to take priority over making Covid 19 vaccines available to all,

did he name the countries that are withholding  the vaccine ......I havent seen where that will happen...

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 2:18pm

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 29th, 2020 at 11:31am:
WTF does this have to do with America???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Indeed.

I'm sure the moderators will be along in due course, to move this thread to where it best belongs...

Is there a "bin" forum on these boards?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 2:54pm

Quote:

So you think it makes sense to equate nationalism with individualism?

We can see, in the RW, that personal or national merit is always accounted to the individual, or not so.

There is, imo, no real [recognition of] virtue in any collectivism.      .....collectivism tends to drown out [beat down ?] any [individuals] who are indeed meritorious, until they become indistinguishable from the next Joe.

God, wants to know 'who' we are.      [Tares and the Wheat]

And God does know, who we are.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah 48:11
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

For our own virtue and our own well-being, in life, we ought to seek to separate what is precious from what is vile.

In doing so, treasure can be discovered.

Jeremiah 15:19
Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them.

HAVE YOU GLIMPSED INFINITY ?

Collectivism, overwhelmingly, remains just a 'sewage pit' of 'lowest-common-denominator' [low] achievers.

As an individual, is your 'ambition', really, only to join yourself, to a 'menage' such as that ?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 3:07pm

Quote:

Do you understand what he's saying?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 3:21pm

Quote:

Indeed. The pope is saying drug companies need to make vaccines available to everybody, not just those in developed countries, where drug profits pay for political campaigns.

The polio vaccine patent was made free for all. The pope is appealing to the boards of Pfizer, Merk, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, etc, to do the same.

The pope is making an ethical argument, but there's an equivalent political-economic argument to be made as well. If we don't make the vaccine freely available to the developing world, the virus will remain. We'll never be able to return to normal.

No global travel or trade in services, no tourism, no foreign markets. If covid has shown us anything, it's how globally interdependent we are.

You understand this better than anyone, Rich, You're an American-fancying South African-born Israeli who has a Chinese-born partner and posts on an Australian political site.

Rich tapestry, innit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print