Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
New Guinea a Chinese outpost? (Read 1496 times)
Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
New Guinea a Chinese outpost?
Dec 21st, 2020 at 10:12am

Should we stand back and watch China fish within Australian territorial waters and allow their military vessels (disguised as fishing boats) to invade our space?
What do we have a navy for?
https://www.change.org/p/marise-payne-seek-discussion-with-australian-federal-government-to-review-torres-strait-treaty/psf/promote_or_share

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: New Guinea a Chinese outpost?
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:23pm

There is nothing we can do, China has us by the nuts thanks to 30rys of greedy short sighted power hungry pc career politicians selling us out, the ccp are walking among us buying our real estate and anything of value leaving us looking like the dumbest country on earth, we should have been the wealthiest with all the resources we once had.

Our politicians have been blindsided by the Chinks and they are to scared to say anything because China will just tighten the screws a tad,, besides they are all on their summer vacation now.

Our diesel submarines are due off the production line in 30yrs, that will scare them off.

oi

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:33pm

It's getting that way..... more fool the NGers.... I doubt they will have nice, gentle, kind overlords ... maybe they are thinking back to the distant past when Chinese traders came with cargo cult and were nice enough guys.... the CCP are nothing of the kind - just more power-mad little people with a cruel streak a mile wide.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:36pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 10:12am:
Should we stand back and watch China fish within Australian territorial waters and allow their military vessels (disguised as fishing boats) to invade our space?
https://www.change.org/p/marise-payne-seek-discussion-with-australian-federal-government-to-review-torres-strait-treaty/psf/promote_or_share

We have a navy?  I thought the mere threat of a gumboot was sufficient....

As someone said - what can we do?  I'll tell you what we can do first - wake up as a nation and stop any and all intrusions into our sovereign mainland.  No more sweet deals, no more kow-towing, no more 'business' people and 'government' people raising their arse to the foreigner for a fistful of dollars.... cancel leases and terminate deals.....

Have some balls for once....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:38pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:23pm:
There is nothing we can do, China has us by the nuts thanks to 30rys of greedy short sighted power hungry pc career politicians selling us out, the ccp are walking among us buying our real estate and anything of value leaving us looking like the dumbest country on earth, we should have been the wealthiest with all the resources we once had.

Our politicians have been blindsided by the Chinks and they are to scared to say anything because China will just tighten the screws a tad,, besides they are all on their summer vacation now.

Our diesel submarines are due off the production line in 30yrs, that will scare them off.

oi

Careful - you'll have Comrade Peccary on to you for being a right wing extremist.....

Many ordinary Chinese come here for a better life... who can blame them?  On the other hand the 'absentee landlord' type has bought in here using low to zero interest loans to buy empty apartments etc, many become citizens and then cop a gig in politics!!

THAT is the quality of your politicians here!

― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:44pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 10:12am:

The Australian Navy doesn't like prospective opponents that can shoot back.

They prefer kidnapping, trafficking, and imprisoning defenseless refugees that are unarmed.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:52pm

The Australian military is little more than a club med.

We do not have the weaponry of tech savvy to be able to fight off a pack of dedicated boy scouts.

It's not the brave soldiers at fault

It's the grubberment who cut back, cut up, and destroy what power we might have had.

Besides, most of our politicians these days are foreigners anyway.
You can bet they will head off home at the first sign of trouble.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:54pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:23pm:

oi

there is some truth to what you write but heres my perspective.

i cant see that china is being anything other then STRATEGIC and DISCIPLINED and PATIENT in the way it has expanded its influence.

as such, i think there is much to admire and many lessons to learn from china.

when i hear butt hurt australians hating on the chinese, it is analagous to a successful guy in a porche driving around with a hot chick and some homeless alcoholic sees him and calls him a c"""t.

hes not.

he is a success story you should study, you should try and get around that guy and work out how he ticks.

and you need to take "extreme ownership" of your life of "pure garbage" and see yourself as a "cautionary tale".

we can learn much from china if we will be humble and we can learn from our mistakes

these are primarily, we dont work hard, we pander to the cry babies and sooks and we devote resources to losers instead of making sure our most successful get every resource we can spare so they can be awesome

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #8 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:58pm

Agree but I’m unable to take a humorous approach to the suicidal mess Canberra has thrown us into.
Submarines ? Largely obsolete technology apart from being able to revenge a nuclear attack. (If theyr were armed with nuclear weapons)
I’ll never understand why we went for the French sardine tins. Maybe all those politicians who were extravagantly entertained in Paris had something to do with it?

Why we continue to allow China to buy up large chunks of Australia’s best farming land is another puzzle. Try and buy anything substantial on the Chinese property market and see what happens to you.

We have been betrayed by Canberra, and by Victoria by baring their arses to the so called ‘Belt & Road’ agreement.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 1:01pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:58pm:
Agree but I’m unable to take a humorous approach to the suicidal mess Canberra has thrown us into.
Submarines ? Largely obsolete technology apart from being able to revenge a nuclear attack. (If theyr were armed with nuclear weapons)
I’ll never understand why we went for the French sardine tins. Maybe all those politicians who were extravagantly entertained in Paris had something to do with it?

Why we continue to allow China to buy up large chunks of Australia’s best farming land is another puzzle. Try and buy anything substantial on the Chinese property market and see what happens to you.

We have been betrayed by Canberra, and by Victoria by baring their arses to the so called ‘Belt & Road’ agreement.

Money talks.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 1:04pm

aquascoot wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:54pm:

i cant see that china is being anything other then STRATEGIC and DISCIPLINED and PATIENT in the way it has expanded its influence.

when i hear butt hurt australians hating on the chinese, it is analagous to a successful guy in a porche driving around with a hot chick and some homeless alcoholic sees him and calls him a c"""t.

hes not.

he is a success story you should study, you should try and get around that guy and work out how he ticks.

and you need to take "extreme ownership" of your life of "pure garbage" and see yourself as a "cautionary tale".

we can learn much from china if we will be humble and we can learn from our mistakes

these are primarily, we dont work hard, we pander to the cry babies and sooks and we devote resources to losers instead of making sure our most successful get every resource we can spare so they can be awesome

Please read "The Asian Mind Game" by Chin-Ning Chu

https://tinyurl.com/y6ucjhs8

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 1:09pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:58pm:

absolutely 100 % correct.

and all anger should be directed at ourselves for our collective stupidity and we need to get down, elbows deep in the mud and crawl out of this self inflicted mess and try to copy what china does.

for starters.

just try and do ice in china and see if they send you to a medicare funded rehab Undecided
try and claim you have a bad back and need a disability pension  Undecided
try and claim stress leave if you are a civil servant  Undecided
try and claim the dole whilst there are crops to pick  Undecided
try to go on strike and shut down the local mabnufacturing business Cry
try to superglue yourself to the road as part of a climate protest and disrupt traffic for hours  Cry

we have much to learn

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 1:10pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 1:04pm:
aquascoot wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 12:54pm:

hes not.

Please read "The Asian Mind Game" by Chin-Ning Chu

https://tinyurl.com/y6ucjhs8

shall do and i am an admirer of ayn rand, not so much the marx chappie  Wink

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 2:12pm

I beg to differ somewhat.... it is very difficult to NOT be 'stupid' when you have the option of two like-minded parties controlling the opportunities for election - what I labeled The Tag Team years ago now.

Also it is very difficult not to be 'stupid' when those parties will say and do anything to get elected, and will then either 'forget' their promises that actually work for the majority of the people, or cast them as 'core' or 'non-core', and basically when they never discuss their full and real agenda during the lead-up to election.

In other words, when they lie to us - and even when elected they do many things without our knowledge or consent, and NO major policy issue has ever genuinely received the stamp of approval from the public.  Add to that the reality that many of that 'public' are ignorant of the realities they are being confronted with from politicians and parties, do not understand the issues or have no knowledge or interest in anything outside their own lives, often have little to no experience of life in Australia before they get to vote, and very often have any number of partisan views that they want to push and/or have an agenda to push themselves.

It is hardly fair to label the voting public 'stupid' for failing to stop the selloff of Jūngǎng Dah Win by a ridiculously self-serving government of the Terr'uh'tree and its overpaid advisors and public servants, and what is happening is that a cordon is in process of being built around it to contain any outbreak from Jūngǎng Dah Win or to occupy it in time of need.  Very poor management on all sides and putting a fence around the paddock after the horse has bolted.

Even the local Indigenous are concerned over this new Chinese islan outpost and what it imports for their livelihoods:-

"China has just signed a MOU with PNG to build a $200m fishing facility on Daru Island.

It is imperative that Torres Strait Islander leaders discuss this issue with Australian Federal Government and the Minister for Foreign Affairs- Marise Payne, to review the Torres Strait Treaty, which allows PNG Nationals to fish in Australian waters.
Daru Island is the closest PNG island to Australia, and only on the doorstep of the Torres Strait.

Torres Strait Islanders hold grave concerns and are anxious for their jobs, livelihoods, families, communities and culture, and believe the $200m Chinese facility will “vacuum” all of the seafood, destroy their fisheries industry and run dry environmental resources.

There are concerns as to why China is investing so much money into a fisheries facility located in an area that has few fish, and many are not convinced this facility will be used entirely for said purpose.

How will small fisheries compare to a multi-million dollar facility, it will not be sustainable, and will be highly likely that China will take advantage of the Torres Strait Treaty to fish within Australian waters."

This is on Change.org from Sari-Ella Thaiday, A Torres Strait person.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 2:39pm

Salient points for yez:-

"review the Torres Strait Treaty, which allows PNG Nationals to fish in Australian waters.
Daru Island is the closest PNG island to Australia, and only on the doorstep of the Torres Strait."

"Torres Strait Islanders hold grave concerns and are anxious for their jobs, livelihoods, families, communities and culture, and believe the $200m Chinese facility will “vacuum” all of the seafood, destroy their fisheries industry and run dry environmental resources."

"There are concerns as to why China is investing so much money into a fisheries facility located in an area that has few fish, and many are not convinced this facility will be used entirely for said purpose."

"How will small fisheries compare to a multi-million dollar facility, it will not be sustainable, and will be highly likely that China will take advantage of the Torres Strait Treaty to fish within Australian waters."

Jesus, Igor - that stoned 'em dead again - not a peep -  nobody ever wants to approach the real issues.. let's hear it from laughing stock again with some of his ridiculous personal jibes instead of considered conversation.... farken 'ell....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print