Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Le Mans is back (Read 3059 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Le Mans is back
Reply #15 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 12:32pm

I think of Steve McQueen when I read the name, 'Steve McQueen".

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 4:05pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Dec 19th, 2020 at 8:33pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 19th, 2020 at 11:24am:
How bizarre.

Probably the single smartest thing you've ever said on here.

Low_Bar.jpg (108 KB | 9 )
Low_Bar.jpg

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 9:21pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Dec 23rd, 2020 at 12:32pm:
I think of Steve McQueen when I read the name, 'Steve McQueen".

I also think "long dead" when I read the name 'Steve McQueen"

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 11:17am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Dec 16th, 2020 at 10:01am:
Atfer the last 3 years where its just been Toyota as a factory effort, the new rules being implemented have worked. Lots and lots of manufacturers. Looks like at least 4 manufacturers and 2 privateers by 2023

Mass Production is a Super Spreader of Covid-19.
Business that is based on Quality over Quantity in Australia is a far superior and successful way, especially with online convenience now. Australia makes the best violins in the world - all handmade. The business is a success. Tight, clean and efficient.

Mass Production supports Over-Population.

Holden's biggest mistake was pumping out models not much different to competitors and with little variation in style between its own models.
Holden should have entered the 'Prestigious' and 'High Tech' market. It devalued its own vehicles to the Mass Production Line and lost.
Holden lacked imagination and thus died from boredom.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 1:58pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 24th, 2020 at 11:17am:
Atfer the last 3 years where its just been Toyota as a factory effort, the new rules being implemented have worked. Lots and lots of manufacturers. Looks like at least 4 manufacturers and 2 privateers by 2023

Business that is based on Quality over Quantity in Australia is a far superior and successful way, especially with online convenience now. Australia makes the best violins in the world - all handmade. The business is a success. Tight, clean and efficient.

Holden's biggest mistake was pumping out models not much different to competitors and with little variation in style between its own models.
Holden should have entered the 'Prestigious' and 'High Tech' market. It devalued its own vehicles to the Mass Production Line and lost.

Holden's (and Ford's) issues stem largely from the fact that they misread the market.

For a lot of years, they got away with selling technologically archaic sedans and wagons ("Saloons" and "Estates") to mum and da mug punters.

They were still doing so, when the market had by and large shifted to SUVs, and only got into that space in more recent years.

Even then, Ford created the Territory as a "parts bin" special, using many of the BA/F Falcon driveline components. It took 'till the second iteration for them to offer a diesel. (Note how well those sold, when they were finally introduced - too late - to the market).

Holden was even worse.

As for Holden getting into the upmarket luxury space...not without a truckload of improvement to design, engineering and QC.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #20 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 8:46am

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #21 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 9:43pm

I'd be happy with a 427ci Monaro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Monaro_427C

Suck it up Euro supercars.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #22 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 8:48am

Setanta wrote on Feb 28th, 2021 at 9:43pm:
I'd be happy with a 427ci Monaro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Monaro_427C

Suck it up Euro supercars.

You have low standards.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 2:15pm

Mix_Master wrote on Dec 24th, 2020 at 1:58pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 24th, 2020 at 11:17am:

Holden's (and Ford's) issues stem largely from the fact that they misread the market.

For a lot of years, they got away with selling technologically archaic sedans and wagons ("Saloons" and "Estates") to mum and da mug punters.

They were still doing so, when the market had by and large shifted to SUVs, and only got into that space in more recent years.

Even then, Ford created the Territory as a "parts bin" special, using many of the BA/F Falcon driveline components. It took 'till the second iteration for them to offer a diesel. (Note how well those sold, when they were finally introduced - too late - to the market).

Holden was even worse.

As for Holden getting into the upmarket luxury space...not without a truckload of improvement to design, engineering and QC.

Yes. They both misread the market, especially from their own capabilities. Little wonder the 'Mustang' (for Ford) was the only model they concentrated on flogging to stay afloat - it 'just' worked.
Holden didn't have anything remotely 'prestige' in their line-up and went out the door with everything mass-production. Harping on about GT's, etc 'now' after the horse has bolted sums up the whole lost cause.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print