Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48
Send Topic Print
Reducing the road toll? (Read 69704 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: Reducing the road toll?
Reply #330 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 7:32am

Car hits tree

car_hits_tree.JPG (37 KB | 6 )
car_hits_tree.JPG

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #331 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 7:32am

greed cameras ineffective

speeding.JPG (37 KB | 6 )
speeding.JPG

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #332 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 8:13am

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 7:00pm:
Reducing the road toll

Female driver fiddling with water bottle on floor kills two young school boys, given 400 hours of community service
. Judge nearly jailed Prosecutors, he was that angry at them .......... for some reason or other

https://www.9news.com.au/national/greenacre-school-crash-widow-avoids-jail-over-...

Re: Picking up bottle from floor exercise
Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 8:24pm:
I'll try doing that myself as an exercise, out here safely in the bush sometime soon and get back with the findings. I'll try it about ten times and makes notes. I'll leave the auto in Drive with the handbrake off and see what happens with my feet when I'm picking up a water bottle. I won't cheat, I'll just see what happens

I completed that experiment/exercise. I made allowances for my car being smaller than her Toyota Kruger, she may have been sitting a higher up than me, but probably not very much

The retrieving of the water bottle was mentioned in one of the news articles in 2017 when this incident happened. It's taken 4 years for her to be sentenced

I placed a full water bottle on the front floor near my feet for the first exercise, then on the front passenger's floor, then on the rear floor where I could reach for it

Each time, I had my foot resting on the accelerator pedal, the car in "Drive", the engine going, and my seat belt done up

With the car stationary, and in "Drive" with handbrake off, I reached down with my left hand and grabbed the bottle, my foot on the accelerator did nothing, so the car went nowhere. I tried this a number of times, swapping hands a few times, and once with my seat belt off, to grab the bottle ... still nothing

Then from the passenger's floor, and after that the rear floor, but still nothing. The stretching around didn't have any affect on my foot pushing the accelerator pedal down

I was becoming frustrated that the car wouldn't move, so I consciously pressed the accelerator and got the car moving. I bent over and picked the bottle up while doing 10-20k/h, but I found I was peering out the windscreen to check where the car was going and actually steering the car keeping it on the road. I didn't have to look down at the floor in order to pick the bottle up

So, was the lady in question looking through her windscreen while her Kruger was moving forward?

We don't know, but it seems she wasn't, otherwise she would have seen the classroom coming up and steered away from it

To be continued ..... there's a few more bases to cover yet

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #333 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 9:39am

Bias, my take is when she leaned forward to get the bottle she pressed hard on the accelerator and when the car lurched forward she was pushed back in her seat.

Then a combination of the following happened.
When she was pushed back in her seat she braced herself with her foot and jammed the accelerator on harder, she stabbed at the brake but got the accelerator or she panicked and froze, probably closing her eyes.

I also wouldn't discount her feet getting tangled in her Islamic robe.

It wasn't an accident, had she been a competant person she wouldn't have engaged park/hand brake.

She should have been given 5 years for manslaughter.

IBI

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #334 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 4:48pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 18th, 2021 at 9:39am:
probably closing her eyes.

That's new, I haven't taken that into consideration

Gordon wrote on Oct 18th, 2021 at 9:39am:
I also wouldn't discount her feet getting tangled in her Islamic robe.

Nor have I taken that into consideration

I reckon there's a lot more to this incident than meets the news reports ... and possibly the finding of the investigators. I'll do a search for the investigators report, see how I go finding it, if it's there somewhere

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #335 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 10:46pm

Part Two
    Re: Crash into class room by a Toyota Kruger driven by Mrs Al Shennag

This is a good read if I do say so myself - I've combined bits and pieces from several articles to build up a more complete picture of the fatal incident - There'll be a Part Three soon dealing with the car park and hopefully present an educated guess of how this incident panned out

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 18th, 2021 at 8:13am:
I bent over and picked the bottle up while doing 10-20k/h, but I found I was peering out the windscreen to check where the car was going and actually steering the car keeping it on the road. I didn't have to look down at the floor in order to pick the bottle up

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 18th, 2021 at 8:13am:
So, was the lady in question looking through her windscreen while her Kruger was moving forward?

We don't know, but it seems she wasn't, otherwise she would have seen the classroom coming up and steered away from it

Actually Mrs Al Shennag claimed that she
was
looking where she was going ....

"But in her tearful evidence, she said she didn't take her eyes off the road and did not bend down."

Then she claimed she hit the brake, but the water bottle got jammed under the brake pedal ....

"I thought the water bottle went under the brake; when I pressed the brake it didn't work," she said."

Then she claimed that she tried to steer the Kruger SUV away from the classroom ....

"While she tried to steer the car away from the classroom, it
"fly like an aeroplane"

She denied pressing the accelerator instead of the brake ....

"A woman who crashed her four-wheel drive into a Sydney primary school killing two boys has
denied pressing the accelerator instead of the brake
."

Then questioned by the Prosecutor ....

"Your foot remained on the accelerator when the car became airborne,"

"No way, no way, no way
," Al-Shennag replied."

https://www.bunburyherald.com.au/news/crime/driver-who-killed-two-boys-is-remors...

So let's look at what happened ... Mrs Al Shennag drove through a gateway that had a sign "No Unauthorized Entry". The Kruger SUV she was driving somehow got up to an estimated speed of 74k/h in a small enclosed car park. Mrs Al Shennag's school age son was still in the vehicle with her, going at that estimated speed. She was there to drop off her son, and was running a bit late. Her son was in the vehicle when it crashed into the class room

Mrs Al Shennag said she hit the brakes but a water bottle which fell to the floor was supposedly behind the brake pedal preventing the brakes from being applied to slow the Kruger down or stopping it. All the time she was watching where she was going she said, but the Kruger hit a concrete lawn edging and the vehicle became airborne, kept going and inserted itself fully into the demountable classroom building, killing two pupils and injuring several others

Obviously what's missing here is how the Kruger got up to the estimated 74k/h. No one has said, and it's likely the forensic investigation was done by a private contractor who would hand over their findings to the Police who in turn might or might not publish them. I can't find them on the net

The Kruger was checked for mechanical problems but none were found apparently, because nothing has been mentioned publicly. A serious defect would have been brought up in court presumably, and presented as evidence clearing Mrs Al Shennag of blame. But I've found nothing like that at all in news reports

Something worth mentioning is that before the court case, an agreement was reached between all concerned, including Mrs Al Shennag, outlining certain actions that she did, as agreed upon facts ....

"The parties have prepared agreed facts, which say Al-Shennag bent down to pick up a water bottle which fell into the footwell before pressing the accelerator instead of the brake."

Well, she broke that agreement and told a different story in court ... didn't bend down ... didn't press the accelerator  -  Changed her story in court to be the opposite of the agreement  .... but she pleaded guilty anyway

To be continued .... Part Three will be interesting

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #336 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 7:23am

probably be let off.

crash.JPG (102 KB | 8 )
crash.JPG

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #337 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 2:08am

Valkie wrote on Oct 20th, 2021 at 7:23am:
probably be let off.

I found the intersection on Google Street View. This link worked for me ok. It should work for you, let me know if it doesn't

I can't see how anyone could have an accident at this intersection unless it's dark and pouring rain, but even then, you'd watch for headlights, or you'd mount the grass and just sit and wait if conditions were real bad, then go when things looked good and safe

I did some research and found that traveling WEST is right to left in the street view, the direction the Subaru was going ... and the lady made a right-hand turn at the far side of the highway where you see a red car in the Google view

In the link you'll see the reddish looking concrete power pole on the far left, she ended up wrapped around. The Subaru was coming from the right side in the street view and apparently collected her as she was making a dash across the highway in front of him. I can't see how she could do 86k/h as it says in the article, but I suppose it's possible if you know a Subaru is bearing down on you at 138k/h. She may have decided not to stop to let him go, instead perhaps, chanced her luck - sad ending

https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.1906402,151.5654076,3a,90y,6.88h,90.69t/data=!3...

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #338 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 11:56am

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 2:08am:
I can't see how she could do 86k/h as it says in the article

Correction
: It wasn't the lady doing 86k/h, it was the Sudaru's speed when impacting the lady's car. The Subaru braked from 138k/h down to 86k/h .... my blue

Here is a view of the intersection looking in the opposite direction. If the lady was doing things normally, she would have been following the same path as the two white cars in this Google view. The position of the white car up ahead is where she would have got collected, and the forces of the smash were such that she ended up around that power pole on the other side of the road

While the Subaru was exceeding the speed limit, the Doonside lady in her car perhaps should have exercised greater caution .... both are to blame for this fatal crash IMO

https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.1902054,151.5655524,3a,75y,180h,96.42t/data=!3m...

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #339 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 2:33pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 11:56am:

Correction
: It wasn't the lady doing 86k/h, it was the Sudaru's speed when impacting the lady's car. The Subaru braked from 138k/h down to 86k/h .... my blue

Here is a view of the intersection looking in the opposite direction. If the lady was doing things normally, she would have been following the same path as the two white cars in this Google view. The position of the white car up ahead is where she would have got collected, and the forces of the smash were such that she ended up around that power pole on the other side of the road

While the Subaru was exceeding the speed limit, the Doonside lady in her car perhaps should have exercised greater caution .... both are to blame for this fatal crash IMO

https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.1902054,151.5655524,3a,75y,180h,96.42t/data=!3m...

Something isn't quite right with the details.
What sort of sports car was she driving to get to that speed?

We all know muzzos lie, it's the second thing they do best after murdering people.
I wouldn't believe a word she says and as we all know, lawyers are professional liars.

She will walk away, because " we can't harass the muzzos"
And she will scream "racial and religious prejudice "

She might have just been practicing her terrorist exercises.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #340 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 8:07pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 2:33pm:

Correction

We all know muzzos lie, it's the second thing they do best after murdering people.
I wouldn't believe a word she says and as we all know, lawyers are professional liars.

You've just talked about the wrong incident there. My last two posts, #337 and #338, were replying to your post, #336, regarding the lady who lost her life at Lake Munmorah. You might like to go back and read them again to be clear about which incident it was

You've got that one mixed up with the Muslim lady crashing into the classroom at Greenacre in Sydney ... her speed was estimated to be 74k/h in the car park, and I'll be talking about that in PART THREE of that Greenacre incident

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #341 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 7:21am

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 8:07pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 2:33pm:

Correction

You've just talked about the wrong incident there. My last two posts, #337 and #338, were replying to your post, #336, regarding the lady who lost her life at Lake Munmorah. You might like to go back and read them again to be clear about which incident it was

You've got that one mixed up with the Muslim lady crashing into the classroom at Greenacre in Sydney ... her speed was estimated to be 74k/h in the car park, and I'll be talking about that in PART THREE of that Greenacre incident

Right you are.

Seems I have been getting these two mixed. Might need to separate them.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #342 - Oct 23rd, 2021 at 7:33am

bus crash in Sydney.

Sadly a 20 yo lost their life.

Greed cameras working yet again.

bus_crash.JPG (33 KB | 5 )
bus_crash.JPG

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #343 - Oct 24th, 2021 at 3:56pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2021 at 7:33am:
bus crash in Sydney.

Did you see the news vid of that? The car drove out from the side street as if there was nothing else on the road. It cost him his life, no chance now of learning from his mistake.

I thought Russian was the only place where that happened

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #344 - Oct 24th, 2021 at 4:55pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 24th, 2021 at 3:56pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2021 at 7:33am:
bus crash in Sydney.

Did you see the news vid of that? The car drove out from the side street as if there was nothing else on the road. It cost him his life, no chance now of learning from his mistake.

I thought Russian was the only place where that happened

I don't know, I was out today doing some shopping.
I had a motor home chuck a u turn in front of me over double white lines without warning.
I had a red Toyota stand on the brakes and slowly turn left into his driveway on a main road with 70k limit ( I almost ended up a hood ornament for the small truck behind me)
A white Audi realised he missed his turn, accelerated past me at high speed, cut me off and almost ran into the back of a Ute.
And finally, a stupid old bloke took three "very slow" attempts to back out of a parking spot, almost cleaning up the car next to which he was parked.

All this in less than an hour's driving.
Got home, attempted to download my dash cam footage......And the blasted thing had had a dummy spit and was only recording 2 or 3 seconds at a time.
Reformatted it and it's working fine now, but missed all the idiots.
I guess that's what you get from buying cheap Chinese dash cams.
In my new cars we run Kenwood dash cams, but in my little toy I couldn't justify a couple of hundred, it woukd double the value of the car.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48
Send Topic Print