Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Australia is, has become, too WOKE (Read 7354 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Australia is, has become, too WOKE
Dec 4th, 2020 at 10:21pm

Australia is, has become, too WOKE.

Our Aussie 'culture'
Our educational institutions
Our politicians [i.e. our LAWMAKERS!] [even our Aussie, 'Conservative impersonator' pollies.   e.g. 'careful' Scott, the happy clapper]
Our MSM [who cry in public, every time they see and identify anyone who can be categorised as a newsworthy 'victim']
Our 'Corporates', and banks, etc

More interested in others opinion of their own, public, social morality, than they are, in actually doing what is moral [doing what is right].

We [Aussie culture] ought to protect the powerless and the innocent [in our society].

We [Aussie culture] ought to condemn and ostracise serious [harmful] criminals and oppressors,
instead of forgiving unrepentant serious [harmful] criminals and oppressors. ['oppressors' being violent thugs and bullies].

We [especially our professional LAWMAKERS] ought to condemn and pursue those engaged in [identified] political and corporate corruption.

THE PROBLEM WITH WOKES AND PROGRESSIVES

The WOKES and Progressives would never condemn anyone !   [....except those who hold true conservative social views]

That is why their, WOKE and Progressive, 'moral' philosophy enables crime, wrongdoing, and evil in our societies.

Because WOKES and Progressives actually pander to, and refuse to condemn, much of the real social violence and serious [harmful] crime in society.
....especially crime being committed by persons in their own ranks.

WOKENESS = = the quality or state of being woke (aware of social justice issues).
addit.
           'refers to having 'WOKEN' from ones own HIDDEN and UNCONSCIOUS biases.'

WOKE are 'social stylists', who will always cloak themselves, in the [supposed, and faux] virtue of their own social justice garb.

WOKENESS also = = regarding the holding of conservative social values, as a social crime, if not an actual crime [i.e. as a thought crime]!

Ezekiel 14:3
Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
4  Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;
5  That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.

Ezekiel 14:13
Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:
14  Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.
15  If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:
16  Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate.
17  Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it:
18  Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves.

Never old.

IMAGE....

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Australia is, has become, too WOKE
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 10:32pm

WOKE: Sounds like the title of a Watch Tower Magazine.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:53am

Yadda wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 10:21pm:

Australia is, has become, too WOKE.

Our Aussie 'culture'
Our educational institutions
Our politicians [i.e. our LAWMAKERS!] [even our Aussie, 'Conservative impersonator' pollies.   e.g. 'careful' Scott, the happy clapper]
Our MSM [who cry in public, every time they see and identify anyone who can be categorised as a newsworthy 'victim']
Our 'Corporates', and banks, etc

Yadda everything is relative
Maybe instead of 25 million people being too left wing, maybe the problem is with you?
Maybe you are just too extreme Right wing to fit into society

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:59am

Barney pulls one out of leftfield to give Yadda a right 'cross'.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 12:18pm

@ Reply #2,

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1593353534/10#10

Its OK barnacle, in just a few years, [to people like yourself] many people like myself, will just have been 'an unpleasant memory'.

We'll be gone.

I'll be sleeping.

Q.
What did Arnie famously say, in The Terminator ?

Smiley

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 1st, 2021 at 11:31am

You couldn't make this up, too outlandish.
And yet, this year's  Australi Council art award winners:

The Lifetime Achievement in Literature, for example, went to writer and human rights advocate Arnold Zable, whose work is underpinned by the ‘rights and experiences of refugees and asylum seekers’. The recipient of the music award was William Barton, didgeridoo player, ‘proud kalkaduunga man’ and ‘distinguished artist of extraordinary musicality’. Over in Emerging and Experimental Art, Cat Jones, who ‘deals with concepts of sexual and gender politics, human and inter-species empathy, anthropomorphism, and science’ pocketed her $25,000 prize money.

The Visual Arts category was won by Vivienne Binn OAM, who was one of the ‘first artists in Australia to critically engage with feminism’. The Community Arts and Cultural Development award was picked up by Marianne Wobcke, a ‘Girrimay woman from North Queensland who was born on Wakka Wakka land’ and ‘third generation of Stolen Generation women’. Marianne, who is a trained nurse and midwife, has developed a practice called ‘Perinatal Dreaming’ which ensures that ‘all birth practices are culturally safe, using art as a tool for empowerment and expression’.

Last but not least, the Kirk Robson Award for Community Arts and Cultural Development went to Mama Alto who is a ‘jazz singer, cabaret artiste and gender transcendent diva’.  According to her bio., Mama Alto ‘is a transgender and queer person of colour who works with the radical potential of storytelling’. Her stage show, Queerly Beloved, ‘was designed to heal some of the trauma that had been caused by the marriage equality postal survey’.

This list of winners proves beyond a shadow of doubt that the sole purpose of the arts in Australia is as a means to a political end. This means that artists, musicians and performers can only achieve acceptability if they belong to a group, preferably representing a protected minority. Those creatives who choose not to play the social justice, intersectionality and identity politics game simply not do not get a look in.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 1st, 2021 at 11:36am

Last year, as part of the Council’s ‘2020 Resilience Fund’, millions of taxpayer dollars were spent on a number of projects which were so absurd that one could not help but conclude that the end of Western civilisation is now a matter of ‘when’, rather than ‘if’.

Melbourne’s own Casey Jenkins came up with a project entitled Immaculate in which she was going to film herself performing monthly self-inseminations in order to ‘elevate the experience of queer reproduction and disrupt heteronormative parenting narrative’. Even the Arts Council baulked at this one and asked for its, or rather our, money back. Previously, Casey had knitted for 28 daysusing yarn placed in and drawn daily from her vagina to mark one full menstrual cycle.

If you made this up you'd  be denounced as a hater.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #7 - May 17th, 2021 at 10:25pm

Read Facebook comments to news sites. There does not seem to be too many woke people posting there. Usually, the comments are in response to "woke journalist" articles.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 12:13pm

The mainstream media and politicians in the West have been captured/inflicted by a scoldy, virtuous, moral preening  mindset.

See the response to Covid, to Trump, Brexit, illegal immigration, black crime, relentlessly degraded education standards and expectations, see climate hysterical, Israel hysterical, race baiting, etc. There is one korrekt way and no dissent is listened to or tolerated. There is a lefty/progressive moral absolutism and certainty, the mirror image of fundamentalist witch hunting certainties of the past.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 12:36pm

Can anyone explain what the hell any of this has to do with philosophy?

philosophy
/fɪˈlɒsəfi/

noun: philosophy
the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.
a theory or attitude that acts as a guiding principle for behaviour.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 12:43pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jul 31st, 2021 at 12:36pm:
Can anyone explain what the hell any of this has to do with philosophy?

philosophy
/fɪˈlɒsəfi/

noun: philosophy
the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline.
a theory or attitude that acts as a guiding principle for behaviour.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/freedom-speech/

https://www.britannica.com/topic/dissent-political
Dissent, an unwillingness to cooperate with an established source of authority, which can be social, cultural, or governmental. In political theory, dissent has been studied mainly in relation to governmental power, inquiring into how and to what extent dissent should be promoted, tolerated, and controlled by a state. Dissent is often related to two other concepts, critical thinking and toleration. Both play into the problem of political legitimacy.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 12:48pm

Is it really surprising that society is now full of scolds from the Left telling us what to think, what to say and how to behave?

It’s a point made by Ed West at Unherd where he argues that the period from the 1960s until recently, where free thinking and open debate prevailed, was actually an aberration. We are now returning to a society in which censorious bullies are in charge.

West gives the example of the Black Lives Matter movement. ‘In 2020, almost all the major institutions in the US, aside from the actual President, were loudly vocal along with corporations, charities and NGOs in their support for the BLM protests. Parts of the media were sympathetic to the point of actively playing down some of the violence, the phrase “mostly peaceful protests” becoming an example of American journalism’s Pravda-like bias.’

Of course, there are very many topics that can be added to the list of obligatory opinions, with penalties for any deviations from the Left’s agreed positions. Climate change is real; climate science is settled; the world must achieve net zero emissions by 2050, if not earlier; the wealthy must pay more tax; tax competition is a race to the bottom; minimum wages should be much higher; immigration should be unrestricted; developed economies should accept many more refugees; gender is a social construct and the list goes on.

Ed West makes the point that the Left once had to rely on moral relativism to make its arguments. ‘Relativism is a position you employ when you’re weak, to be abandoned when you win. On a wide range of issues, including race and gender, the Right has been more relativist for some time. Before the 1968 revolution those outside of power (the Left) argued for moral relativism, those in power (the Right) argued for moral absolutism. Now it is the opposite.’

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 12:54pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 2:49pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 31st, 2021 at 12:54pm:

Asa Yoelson from the depths of the dark jungles of Lithuania.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 31st, 2021 at 6:26pm

It's just a phase society is going through with saturation point media mainly from the left in our faces, there are those who become entranced and woke without even knowing it, they bandy together and think it's normal. We are just going to have to ride this out or slap them around a bit to bring them to their senses.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print