Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dan/Xi belt and road doomed (Read 187 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Dan/Xi belt and road doomed
Dec 4th, 2020 at 1:20am

The feds are in the process of ripping up the deal, phew.

Dan has had his day.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dan/Xi belt and road doomed
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:21am

yes I couldnt have seen it going ahead even before all this crap....Dan is now on our side apparently.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/daniel-andrews-condemns-chinese-gov...

Daniel Andrews has condemned the Chinese government for releasing a graphic fake image of an Australian soldier slitting a child’s throat on Twitter.

The Victorian Premier slammed the tweet as “wrong and appalling” and said it was “no way to run a productive partnership”.

“The time has come surely now for everyone to take a breath and sit down and to work through the issues,” Mr Andrews told reporters on Wednesday morning.

“I would have thought that the relationship was much more important for both Australia, and China than to allow it to get to that point.

“The Prime Minister and I talked about that yesterday that there’s no place for commentary like that, there’s no place for social media posts like that.”

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dan/Xi belt and road doomed
Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:01pm

cods wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:21am:
yes I couldnt have seen it going ahead even before all this crap....Dan is now on our side apparently.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technology/daniel-andrews-condemns-chinese-gov...

Daniel Andrews has condemned the Chinese government for releasing a graphic fake image of an Australian soldier slitting a child’s throat on Twitter.

The Victorian Premier slammed the tweet as “wrong and appalling” and said it was “no way to run a productive partnership”.

“The time has come surely now for everyone to take a breath and sit down and to work through the issues,” Mr Andrews told reporters on Wednesday morning.

“I would have thought that the relationship was much more important for both Australia, and China than to allow it to get to that point.

“The Prime Minister and I talked about that yesterday that there’s no place for commentary like that, there’s no place for social media posts like that.”

From what i heard on ABC radio yesterday the sovereignty bill due to pass through parliament within a week will mean Dans belt and road agreement will not be worth the paper its written on. Xi and Dan are probably not talking anymore.

Dan might need to find money from elsewhere to get VIC back on track after the longest lock down in the history of the world.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print