Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Central Coast council ....crooks of the highest or (Read 641 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Central Coast council ....crooks of the highest or
Dec 3rd, 2020 at 9:16am

Well, they have done it again.
Close to 600 million in debt.
The ccc is well known for corrupt councilers and politicians, but this is a new low.
Sacked, again, they now plan to recoup their financial mismanagement/corruption by increasing rates.
Already one of the highest rates in Australia, here we go again.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Central Coast council ....crooks of the highest or
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 9:56am

any link valkie?..

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 12:40pm

BAD NEWS REPORT.

Quote:
    The sixth largest council in Australia, Central Coast Council, is in the grip of a financial crisis with a forecast budget blowout of more than $200 million and accrued debts of more than $565 million.

Key points:
Councillors, including the mayor, were suspended in October with the council on the brink of being unable to pay its 2,000 staff
Today's report reveals an operating loss for the past two years to be more than $200 million
The report confirmed its former CEO and CFO were aware of the use of restricted funds
A damning report detailing the findings of a 30-day investigation into the financially-stricken council, just north of Sydney, was released by newly-appointed administrator Dick Persson on Wednesday.

Thirteen councillors, including the mayor, were suspended in October when the council revealed it was facing an $89 million budget blowout and was on the brink of being unable to pay its 2,000 staff.

But the full extent of council's financial position has sent shockwaves through a community which will ultimately be forced to pay the price for what has been described as serious financial mismanagement and the unlawful use of millions in restricted funds.

"They don't expect to see things go from what seemed to be okay to what I'm calling the greatest financial calamity in the history of local government in New South Wales," Mr Persson said.

Debt continues to grow
Mr Persson's report details how the council went from a $65 million surplus to a $200 million deficit in four years.

The 10-page document reveals the Central Coast Council's operating loss for the current financial year is forecast to be about $115 million, on top of last year's known $89 million deficit.

While the investigation found no evidence of theft or corruption, the report confirmed the former chief executive officer, who was sacked just days ago, and the former chief financial officer were aware of the illegal use of restricted funds and allowed it to continue.

A man standing at microphones.
Interim administrator Dick Persson released the damning report on how council went from a $65 million surplus to a $200 million deficit in four years.(ABC Central Coast: Emma Simkin)
Mr Persson defended the elected councillors, to a point, by maintaining they could not have been expected to be aware of the unauthorised use of the restricted monies, particularly when it was not detailed in reports to council.

But he said they had ample powers to obtain any financial information they wanted, and by not doing so also "failed to perform one of their most important responsibilities".

The amalgamation of Gosford and Wyong councils to form Central Coast Council continues to be a divisive community issue with some ongoing calls for the entity to be de-amalgamated, and the latest financial crisis has fuelled that argument.

The administrator was adamant the council merger played only a small part in the council's "rapid financial decline".      

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 1:00pm

How much do you pay in Rates each year, for interest's sake?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 1:24pm

Wouldn't live there in a fit... you couldn't bury me there, given it's brown, near-stagnant water views, its crime rate and rate of low-livers and other trash, its drug problems, and all the insanities that go with those.... including the filth that masquerade as 'council' (not that they're much better up here) ... constantly selling out to the black and so forth as if they are the only game in town with any rights by changing festival names and such while actually keeping the same blacks in a ghetto....

Here is MY ocean.... nice little right hand break there - but watch for the rocks underneath...

Think that when I finish here at this house, once the ex and I part, that is, I'll buy a very large power boat and head off.....
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2020 at 1:32pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:43pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 1:24pm:
Wouldn't live there in a fit... you couldn't bury me there, given it's brown, near-stagnant water views, its crime rate and rate of low-livers and other trash, its drug problems, and all the insanities that go with those.... including the filth that masquerade as 'council' (not that they're much better up here) ... constantly selling out to the black and so forth as if they are the only game in town with any rights by changing festival names and such while actually keeping the same blacks in a ghetto....

Here is MY ocean.... nice little right hand break there - but watch for the rocks underneath...

https://i.imgflip.com/4oq2kb.jpg

Think that when I finish here at this house, once the ex and I part, that is, I'll buy a very large power boat and head off.....

Quote:
given it's brown, near-stagnant water views

What do you think the image you posted shows ?

While I am sure it is in reality lovely but the dominant colour looks brownish, The beach looks solid brown, no sand ?  The average Central Coast beach would be in front of this example.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:49pm

Yet they had to merge Gosford and Wyong councils - nobody wanted it. They say nothing to do with it - I say BS.

Just think of all the advantages it would give.

Not only have they spent all this money but they have done nothing with the money ?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:02pm

Valkie wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 12:40pm:
BAD NEWS REPORT.

Quote:
    The sixth largest council in Australia, Central Coast Council, is in the grip of a financial crisis with a forecast budget blowout of more than $200 million and accrued debts of more than $565 million.

Key points:
Councillors, including the mayor, were suspended in October with the council on the brink of being unable to pay its 2,000 staff
Today's report reveals an operating loss for the past two years to be more than $200 million
The report confirmed its former CEO and CFO were aware of the use of restricted funds
A damning report detailing the findings of a 30-day investigation into the financially-stricken council, just north of Sydney, was released by newly-appointed administrator Dick Persson on Wednesday.

Thirteen councillors, including the mayor, were suspended in October when the council revealed it was facing an $89 million budget blowout and was on the brink of being unable to pay its 2,000 staff.

But the full extent of council's financial position has sent shockwaves through a community which will ultimately be forced to pay the price for what has been described as serious financial mismanagement and the unlawful use of millions in restricted funds.

"They don't expect to see things go from what seemed to be okay to what I'm calling the greatest financial calamity in the history of local government in New South Wales," Mr Persson said.

Debt continues to grow
Mr Persson's report details how the council went from a $65 million surplus to a $200 million deficit in four years.

The 10-page document reveals the Central Coast Council's operating loss for the current financial year is forecast to be about $115 million, on top of last year's known $89 million deficit.

While the investigation found no evidence of theft or corruption, the report confirmed the former chief executive officer, who was sacked just days ago, and the former chief financial officer were aware of the illegal use of restricted funds and allowed it to continue.

A man standing at microphones.
Interim administrator Dick Persson released the damning report on how council went from a $65 million surplus to a $200 million deficit in four years.(ABC Central Coast: Emma Simkin)
Mr Persson defended the elected councillors, to a point, by maintaining they could not have been expected to be aware of the unauthorised use of the restricted monies, particularly when it was not detailed in reports to council.

But he said they had ample powers to obtain any financial information they wanted, and by not doing so also "failed to perform one of their most important responsibilities".

The amalgamation of Gosford and Wyong councils to form Central Coast Council continues to be a divisive community issue with some ongoing calls for the entity to be de-amalgamated, and the latest financial crisis has fuelled that argument.

The administrator was adamant the council merger played only a small part in the council's "rapid financial decline".      

How can they say illegal use of money is not theft or corruption?

Labor mayor i guess that explains it. https://coastcommunitynews.com.au/central-coast/news/2020/11/goodbye-to-democrac...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:16pm

Bribes, it's always worked in the past.

And they have nearly 00 million to bribe with

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 10:29pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:43pm:

Quote:

While I am sure it is in reality lovely but the dominant colour looks brownish, The beach looks solid brown, no sand ?  The average Central Coast beach would be in front of this example.

That's at sunset in the shadow of a hill..... in direct sunlight it is a gorgeous blue/green/aquamarine - the CC is a brown nitrogen laden cess pool.... with a serious showing of particles in the water in bright sunlight....

Would YOU swim there?  Only at the ocean away from the outfall fallout.......

Mine is clear water at sunset and not a filter in sight......... YOURS?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 10:30pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:49pm:
Yet they had to merge Gosford and Wyong councils - nobody wanted it. They say nothing to do with it - I say BS.

Just think of all the advantages it would give.

Not only have they spent all this money but they have done nothing with the money ?

GladysInc did that for you .... or was it the Dread Privateer Baird?  So many assholes - so little time....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 10:35pm

Sunset again - you assholes got that?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 10:37pm

Wouldn't piss in the Central Coast water off-beach - it might start some dire reaction...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:29pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:43pm:

Quote:

Fair call.
The Tuggerah lake system are stagnant cesspits' of filth.
The average depth is around 8 feet, weed grows prolifically and there is very little water exchange with the sea.

Council after council have rejected, pontificated, screwed around and refused to open the entrance channel to allow water to flush out the smelly lake.
Their excuse?
They say its because the lake will flood.......bull shite.
Recent flooding was fixed when a guy used his dozer to open the channel.
They were going to charge him with something, but community outrage made them back off.

The lakes are smelly and I have not put my boat in them for years.
A scum line always the result if anyone is silly enough to do it.
There are few healthy fish as well, you can catch them, but I wouldn't eat them.

I fish in Lake Macquarie, much cleaner and better managed.

The CC council do little with their cash, roads are total crap, ovals are generally unmown and they dont mow the streets, its the residents duty, so it often dont get done.

Now that Wyong Council has merged with Gosford, its simply got worse.
We always had plenty of water, our dam never gets too low.
But the idiots in Gosford put their Dam in the wrong place, the other side of the range....no rain gets there.
So they make the Wyong people suffer water restrictions just like Gosford to try and make the Gosford ratepayers feel better.

In the 32 years I have lived here there has been virtually zero infrastructure improvement in the Wyong area.
And Gosford screwed up all the roadworks they have had done so badly that they got crap and at a very expensive cost.
I wouldn't be surprised if they used it to launder money.

All in all, if I was a bit younger and had the cash, I would be out of here.
But as it stands, I own everything and cannot justify moving.

But it galls me that a corrupt, inept and openly stupid council gets away with the graft and corruption every time.

A good head chopping exercise should be undertaken.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:37pm

Wasn't Lake Macquarie the 'Independent' Electorate or Shire that did very well during the harsh Water Restriction periods across the State? Like Clover Moore's turf in Sydney - two Independents that did very well for their people.

...the closer you get to 'Amerika!' - the crapier Australia gets.  Cheesy North is for the drop kicks.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print