Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bird Eats Child (Read 699 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Bird Eats Child
Dec 3rd, 2020 at 4:21am

Bring them back and turn them loose!

115,000-Year-Old Bones Found In Poland Reveal Neanderthal Child Eaten By Gigantic Prehistoric Bird

https://allthatsinteresting.com/neanderthal-child-eaten-bird?utm_source=pubexcha...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Jasin

Re: Bird Eats Child
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:16am

COOL!

The best Triceratops (size of elephant) is being shipped to Australia.
Might see some more valuble stuff moved to Australia for safety and keeping away from War. Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:23am

Life was good back then. Always a day of fresh air. Animals to hunt and eat. Could always look your enemy in the eyes before you fought them. No such thing as a marriage to make babies. Food was always fresh with no prices on them.

Life was good in the Garden.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:06pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:23am:
Life was good back then. Always a day of fresh air. Animals to hunt and eat. Could always look your enemy in the eyes before you fought them. No such thing as a marriage to make babies. Food was always fresh with no prices on them.

I know you are weirdly into this shyte J, I'm not trying to encourage you, but I see the garden of Eden story as a memory of a people that had moved from HG to farming. The garden representing a HG lifestyle where the earth provides everything, idyllic but limited, the angel with the sword of fire guarding Eden is a sign that man cannot return to that HG lifestyle. He must now toil(farm) for his tucker, not have it provided by nature. Eating from the tree of knowledge.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 10:10pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:06pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:23am:

I know you are weirdly into this shyte J, I'm not trying to encourage you, but I see the garden of Eden story as a memory of a people that had moved from HG to farming. The garden representing a HG lifestyle where the earth provides everything, idyllic but limited, the angel with the sword of fire guarding Eden is a sign that man cannot return to that HG lifestyle. He must now toil(farm) for his tucker, not have it provided by nature. Eating from the tree of knowledge.

You are onto something: the agricultural revolution was only good for the elite, in fact, it might have created them. For the other 99%, life was far worse than in the hunter-gatherer days.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:17pm

Its a common mythology around the world. Look up Joseph Campbell's works. We 'rise' into the Garden of Eden like Mohommedism, just as much as we 'fall' from the Garden of Eden like Judaism.

Although we may leave a Garden of Hunter Gatherer existence and many other Garden's of 'leveling up' throughout the centuries. We will always 'return' and rise up into the Garden again.
There are those that 'Fall' and those that 'Rise'.

Hunter-Gatherer to me, is like something more than hanging out in a Buddhist Temple, to get away from the stresses of Society demand. It's like knowing you can survive without nothing, if nothing comes to it and much more. It's a way of life that should be preserved, lest we forget.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 6:27pm

??

images_177.jpeg (34 KB | 7 )
images_177.jpeg

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 6:46pm

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 7:29pm

There is plenty of evidence that human were worse off in an individual sense as a result of the transition to farming. It's only fairly recently that this has been reversed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print