Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I genuinely hope this isn't true... (Read 1026 times)
The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I genuinely hope this isn't true...
Reply #15 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 9:14am

I genuinely hope THIS isn't true: I saw a report that suggested Trump is planning to use the Biden Inauguration to launch his 2024 Presidential campaign.

This bloke is incapable of even the simplest act of decency...he is an utterly despicable excuse for a man.

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 11:37am

The Heartless Felon wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 9:14am:
I genuinely hope THIS isn't true: I saw a report that suggested Trump is planning to use the Biden Inauguration to launch his 2024 Presidential campaign.

This bloke is incapable of even the simplest act of decency...he is an utterly despicable excuse for a man.

Meanwhile his supporters will be cheering for it.

It seems at times like the Republicans are in a desperate "race to the bottom" in terms of standards of behaviour and decency. (*nods to Sad Kangaroo, who has mentioned this in a few threads*.)

Frame it as "draining the swamp" (which they don't do), or "upsetting the global elitists", and their supporters are all over it like a cheap suit.

Sad.

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:07am

Mix_Master wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 11:37am:

It seems at times like the Republicans are in a desperate "race to the bottom" in terms of standards of behaviour and decency. (*nods to Sad Kangaroo, who has mentioned this in a few threads*.)

Frame it as "draining the swamp" (which they don't do), or "upsetting the global elitists", and their supporters are all over it like a cheap suit.

Sad.

Story's like this are often politically motivated, these surface all the time. They often quote "unnamed sources" and missing missing details - so they can't be checked.

Trump has pardoned several people but their all broke, so where's the payoff?

I wish he would pardon Assange and Snowdon.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:38pm

Richdude wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:07am:

Sad.

Story's like this are often politically motivated, these surface all the time. They often quote "unnamed sources" and missing missing details - so they can't be checked.

Here's the thing.

"If" he did, that would definitely fit the Trump "anti-establishment" narrative he and his supporters have been running with.

It's all well and good to pardon (or to consider preemptively pardoning) people who've worked in your administration/lied to the FBI etc...

But it's another thing entirely to pardon people who've done the right thing by the "many", by exposing malfeasance on the part of the Government of the day (and by extension causing embarrassment to that Government.)

I'd be willing to bet he'll pardon neither of them.

(That said, I'd be happy to be wrong).

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 11:46pm

Sad.

If Mr Trump did that, Rich, it'd be the first pardon he didn't have a personal stake in.

Don't hold your breath though. What's in it for Dear Leader?

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #20 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:16am

Mix_Master wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:38pm:

Sad.

Here's the thing.

"If" he did, that would definitely fit the Trump "anti-establishment" narrative he and his supporters have been running with.

It's all well and good to pardon (or to consider preemptively pardoning) people who've worked in your administration/lied to the FBI etc...

But it's another thing entirely to pardon people who've done the right thing by the "many", by exposing malfeasance on the part of the Government of the day (and by extension causing embarrassment to that Government.)

I'd be willing to bet he'll pardon neither of them.

(That said, I'd be happy to be wrong).

Assange needs to be the first, given the shocking way this whislteblower has been treated by the corruptocrats. You Ozzies should support such a move - he's a very good man and you should be proud.

Obama punished more whitleblowers than the total of former Presidents together and many extrajudicial killings. However, he's a Democrat and darling of the elite, so he can do no wrong.

General Flynn should never have been harassed the way he has and Trump did the right thing. His was a process crime - he made a mistake and purely political. He knew too much about the previous administration, harassing him on a phony charge silenced him.

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:23am

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 11:46pm:

Sad.

If Mr Trump did that, Rich, it'd be the first pardon he didn't have a personal stake in.

It was right to do what Trump did. Trump does what his conscience tells him - do you understand?

Trump is a very fine man and a great President. People can't handle the truth - they go nuts as we have just seen.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 9:42am

Richdude wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 5:23am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 11:46pm:

Sad.

It was right to do what Trump did. Trump does what his conscience tells him - do you understand?

Trump is a very fine man and a great President. People can't handle the truth - they go nuts as we have just seen.

Rich, Mr Trump is the first prez to run simply to get more Twitter followers and enhance his own personal brand. Not only did Mr Trump have no intention of winning, he had no intention of doing anything for anybody else - ever. That goes against everything Mr Trump stands for.

You?
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:18am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:15am

Sad.

In Flynn's case, the pay off might well be the ongoing silence of Flynn and things like his current outburst to have Trump declare martial law, suspend the Constitution and have another election so that this time round, Humpty get to declare himself the winner.  Neat huh?

IP Logged

scope
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:22am

Aussie wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:15am:

Sad.

In Flynn's case, the pay off might well be the ongoing silence of Flynn and things like his current outburst to have Trump declare martial law, suspend the Constitution and have another election so that this time round, Humpty get to declare himself the winner.  Neat huh?

There is currently a challenge to Flynn's pardon, will be interesting to see what happens.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:25am

Sad.

Just goes to show what a lousy National Security Advisor Flynn would have made.

The generals hate Trump. They're hardly going to destroy their careers for a guy who calls them chumps, suckers, losers and shit's on the grave of their old Republican Washington friend, John McCain.

They'd commit hari kari before they did that.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:39am

scope wrote on Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:22am:

Sad.

There is currently a challenge to Flynn's pardon, will be interesting to see what happens.

Sure, but what's the point? Flynn already confessed and pleaded guilty. Flynn's already on the nose with any Washington lobbying or defence-contracting firm with an ethics charter and a board who'd sign off on hiring him.

The Deep State is out for Flynn. He's left with the bottom-feeders - political dirty tricks/fake-news consultancies run by guys like Roger Stone and Steve Bannon.

Flynn never expected to end up in such an ignominious sunset to his stellar political career, but that's where Trump loyalists tend to end up. A pardon's hardly going to change that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print