China LIED (Read 1233 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: China LIED
Reply #15 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 7:08pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 6:00pm:
aquascoot wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 1:42pm:
but it will be politically impossible to wean society off Chinese goods.

The rest of what you say is true of many but not all of us in the West. I ceased knowingly buying Chinese goods several years ago. In many instance this has saved me money. I went through three Chinese whipper snippers in two years - absolute junk. The German one I replaced them with at double the price is still going strong many years later and it’s a far, far more ergonomically sane device to use.

It may take some form of rash military action (the invasion of Formosa?) by the Chinese before the rest of the world wakes up to the monster they’ve been feeding. The problem is such a conflict could easily trigger a nuclear war. If Russia was silly enough to join in there’d be no-body left alive other than cockroaches.
We are an insane species.

chinas belt and road is going to see them very influential in places like pakistan, ethiopia, kenya, nigeria.

i dont think there will be a nuclear war.

but there is an interesting dynamic about a "command capitalist country".

china, with about the same population as india and starting from the same baseline of standard of living has out performed india (which is not doing that badly itself) by 1200 %

people in the west still think of china as rural peasents.

they actually have a burgeoning middle class and they should be able to transition that to a domestic consumer society.

you add in all their projects in africa, the middle east and even places like new guinea and samoa and mexico and central america  and they want for nothing .

they really dont need 20 million middle class consumers in places like OZ once they have 1 billion middle class consumers in their own domestic economy.

look at their efficiency

they demolished covid despite having to be the first country to deal with it.

Xi, who is one smart cookie, can plan for decades at a time.

and they have total control of their social cohesion.

oh yes, its a tyranny  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

but if you think google and facebook and amazon and apple and microsoft arent just as tyranical in the life of the average westerner, you arent paying attention  Wink

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #16 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 7:49pm

Don't see how this story amounts to much. Yes they had figures that differed and they wanted to show their system was better than it was.

The info was still out there we all knew that thousands of people were sick and dying in Wuhan.

What they did is not the reason that 260,000 people died in the USA and China didn't cause the Trump strain of the virus that we have seen in the USA.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #17 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:23am

aquascoot wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 7:08pm:

The rest of what you say is true of many but not all of us in the West. I ceased knowingly buying Chinese goods several years ago. In many instance this has saved me money. I went through three Chinese whipper snippers in two years - absolute junk. The German one I replaced them with at double the price is still going strong many years later and it’s a far, far more ergonomically sane device to use.

It may take some form of rash military action (the invasion of Formosa?) by the Chinese before the rest of the world wakes up to the monster they’ve been feeding. The problem is such a conflict could easily trigger a nuclear war. If Russia was silly enough to join in there’d be no-body left alive other than cockroaches.

chinas belt and road is going to see them very influential in places like pakistan, ethiopia, kenya, nigeria.

i dont think there will be a nuclear war.

but there is an interesting dynamic about a "command capitalist country".

china, with about the same population as india and starting from the same baseline of standard of living has out performed india (which is not doing that badly itself) by 1200 %

people in the west still think of china as rural peasents.

they actually have a burgeoning middle class and they should be able to transition that to a domestic consumer society.

you add in all their projects in africa, the middle east and even places like new guinea and samoa and mexico and central america  and they want for nothing .

they really dont need 20 million middle class consumers in places like OZ once they have 1 billion middle class consumers in their own domestic economy.

look at their efficiency

they demolished covid despite having to be the first country to deal with it.

Xi, who is one smart cookie, can plan for decades at a time.

and they have total control of their social cohesion.

oh yes, its a tyranny  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

but if you think google and facebook and amazon and apple and microsoft arent just as tyranical in the life of the average westerner, you arent paying attention  Wink

Your description of China is largely correct if yet carefully avoids any hint of their moral bankruptcy. However to use this as some form of argument we should sit back and accept the monstrous human suffering they continue to inflict on groups such as Muslims etc is as logical as excusing Hitler for murdering six millions jews, gays, Jehova’s Witnesses etc because they started to build the autobahn network.
Total control of their social cohesion? Sorry, but that phrase chills me to the bone.
Are you by any chance working for a branch of the Chinese Govt’? Your post reads that way.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 12:11pm

no ayn.

i just admire efficiency and disregard 'virtuous platitudes"

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 2:44pm

The rest of what you say is true of many but not all of us in the West. I ceased knowingly buying Chinese goods several years ago. In many instances this has saved me money. I went through three Chinese whipper snippers in two years - absolute junk. The German one I replaced them with at double the price is still going strong many years later and it’s a far, far more ergonomically sane device to use.

I also started that quest years ago to buy Australian or any other country except China made products.
It hasn’t been easy as everything is practically made in China.
Putting too many eggs in one basket!

We can and should wean ourselves off “Made in China” more so from here on.
Be aware and buy wary.
Did you see the story of Chinese buying large portions of the Whitsunday islands and giving Australians 3 days to get off the island?

There it is... people have said... oh but Chinese buying our large cattle ranches or Islands or whatever, but saying it’s still in Australia! They can’t bring it back to China...blah blah...
Reality is...they will takeover and kick you out.
It has already begun.
China is for China, not for Australia.
Their idea is... “one generation Chinese plant the trees, so the next Chinese generation enjoy the shade”

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 2:59pm

aquascoot wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 12:11pm:
no ayn.

i just admire efficiency and disregard 'virtuous platitudes"

Well then, you must be full of admiration for Hitler’s gas ovens.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:05pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 2:44pm:

The rest of what you say is true of many but not all of us in the West. I ceased knowingly buying Chinese goods several years ago. In many instances this has saved me money. I went through three Chinese whipper snippers in two years - absolute junk. The German one I replaced them with at double the price is still going strong many years later and it’s a far, far more ergonomically sane device to use.

I also started that quest years ago to buy Australian or any other country except China made products.

Be aware and buy wary.
Did you see the story of Chinese buying large portions of the Whitsunday islands and giving Australians 3 days to get off the island?

There it is... people have said... oh but Chinese buying our large cattle ranches or Islands or whatever, but saying it’s still in Australia! They can’t bring it back to China...blah blah...
It has already begun.
Their idea is... “one generation Chinese plant the trees, so the next Chinese generation enjoy the shade”

Astounding, they only want the very best bits of Australia.

"The residents have taken their concerns to Queensland's Premier who has previously told media she's not across the issue."

Was she told to look the other way!

Aussies GET OUT, NOW.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:18am

Be aware and buy wary.

It has already begun.

no lol s I havent seen anything on that got any links...

I dont worry about them buying land as such they cannot take it with them and the govt can always confiscate it.... but telling aussies to clear off is something else again,, Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 12:17pm

cods wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 5:18am:

Be aware and buy wary.

It has already begun.

I dont worry about them buying land as such they cannot take it with them and the govt can always confiscate it.... but telling aussies to clear off is something else again,, Angry Angry Angry

It’s evident we should worry about them buying out Australian land etc
We could be the next boat people (or our ascendants) seeking asylum due to over take etc as what has happened in a few countries, hence boat people seeking somewhere to live.

Here is the link, it was on current affair on Monday night.
The arrogance of the Chinese is appalling. Our Australian governments are hoodwinked.

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair/trouble-in-paradise-chinese-developers...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 12:44pm

Be aware and buy wary.

It has already begun.

Actually, when a Govt does that it gives the other country an excuse to take matters a lot further.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 1:44pm

Not just 20 minutes ago. Some dude with a Chinese accent claiming to be Telstra with the Call Centre noise in the background asked for details of my Internet Service via a few questions. I replied [i]"Sorry, but I don't give out any personal information over the phone."[/i] especially from a Private Number.  Cheesy  Tongue
There is a new Crises in the world. Personal Information being compromised and exploited by Scammers.
I still wouldn't have given any information over the phone to anyone claiming to be the Police or ScoMo.
That goes the same with Charities.

If people can't access me in person, so I can see beyond the illusions and Fake Media/Info/etc that is now plaguing this world like a Virus, then I'm not interested.  Roll Eyes Tongue

So that Chinga-Scammer quickly lost his temper at my smirking a slight laugh in his direction when I answered, not giving an inch. Swear words flew left right and center from his dialogue before he eventually hung up.

Good. Because even if he was legit Telstra. Then I'm sure he'll report the 'frustration' of People refusing to give 'them' the information they need, to his Supervisors. Maybe they, being a 'Communication' business, might do something about all the Scammers out there feeding off the system.

I doubt he was legit (or a very angry Telstra employee Angry). Due to his 'unprofessional' fuse blow.  Grin

F*UCK CHINA
Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #26 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 4:49pm

Leases ONLY with strict conditions.....WTF do these government clowns think they are doing?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #27 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 4:58pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 12:17pm:

Be aware and buy wary.

It has already begun.

It’s evident we should worry about them buying out Australian land etc
We could be the next boat people (or our ascendants) seeking asylum due to over take etc as what has happened in a few countries, hence boat people seeking somewhere to live.

Here is the link, it was on current affair on Monday night.
The arrogance of the Chinese is appalling. Our Australian governments are hoodwinked.

https://9now.nine.com.au/a-current-affair/trouble-in-paradise-chinese-developers...

Queensland government - says it all - they'd sell off their mother's night gown for a cheap profit and to suit some developer who will offer them a fat paid job for doing nothing down the track.  That's what comes of not having a Senate to block ..... the people can fume but have nowhere to go.

We are now entering Queensland airspace - please reset your time pieces to 1943 and location to Europe....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print