IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Ben Batterham
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 2:41pm

Malicious prosecution.

Forensic toxicologist and pharmacologist Dr Michael Kennedy argued Slater suffered a heart attack due to the high level of meth in his system and his existing heart condition.

Former judge Anthony Whealy told 60 Minutes the case should never have gone to trial.

The prosecution tried to prove Batterham set out to kill Slater, but the case collapsed due under the weight of medical evidence.

'Nothing he did contributed to the death,' Mr Whealy said.

'This man was on methamphetamine, he was overweight, he was very unfit and he had been forced to run more than 500 metres at top speed, and his heart just gave out.'

Even judge Desmond Fagan, who presided over the case, believed Mr Batterham shouldn't have gone to trial. 

'The decision to charge Mr Batterham would have been unreasonable even if the prosecution had been in possession of only the evidence that had emerged by the end of the committal,' Mr Fagan said.

'The charge should have been withdrawn.'

The director of public prosecutions refused to be interviewed by 60 Minutes. 

In December Batterham was awarded compensation for money spent on his defence.

The sum was reported to be about $1 million.    

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8113835/He-rapist-ice-addict-daughters-...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 2:50pm

$1million for removing from society a drug addicted housebreaking rapist who the police let roam around the street, he should have got $5m.

IBI

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 3:28pm

Poor bloke.

And that's how wrong this society of law is.
I would have chased him down as well.

I've always wondered how well those meth heads would hold up in a distance run.
Good to know.
Good way to get rid of meth heads and keep fit at the same time.
Hmmmm.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:21pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 2:50pm:
$1million for removing from society a drug addicted housebreaking rapist who the police let roam around the street, he should have got $5m.

mmmmmmmmmm.....  maybe they should change the law   and give people the right to kill any intruder!!!

should he have been charged with murder  I dunno seems a bit strong to me..accidental death maybe..

but to compensate him also seems over the top....

at the end of the day  he did help the guy to die....all he had to do was ring the cops let them handle it...
it is what we are told to do... what if the end result ended with Batterham dying?????? what then

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:30pm

The British always protect their Criminals they brought with them.

...but can they protect them forever?

Then there's the American Criminals - Rich and Self Indulgent here in Australia. The Over-Achievers trying to fix an already 'Lucky Country'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:33pm

cods wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:21pm:

mmmmmmmmmm.....  maybe they should change the law   and give people the right to kill any intruder!!!

should he have been charged with murder  I dunno seems a bit strong to me..accidental death maybe..

at the end of the day  he did help the guy to die....all he had to do was ring the cops let them handle it...
it is what we are told to do... what if the end result ended with Batterham dying?????? what then

He died of a heart attack during a lawful citizen's arrest. He was compensated because the case should never have gone to trial.

Even judge Desmond Fagan, who presided over the case, believed Mr Batterham shouldn't have gone to trial.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:35pm

The good news is that if you don't take crap from these Crack-Amphetamine Junkie Zombies, chances are they will fizz themselves out with a heart attack within 5 mins of any exertion.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:41pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:35pm:
The good news is that if you don't take crap from these Crack-Amphetamine Junkie Zombies, chances are they will fizz themselves out with a heart attack within 5 mins of any exertion.  Grin

Good fitness routine. Go down to Kings Cross, find a few meth junkies and show them a baggy filled with sugar and tell them it's meth and if they catch you, they can have it. Sprint up William St and they'll be dead by the museum.  Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:44pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:41pm:

Good fitness routine. Go down to Kings Cross, find a few meth junkies and show them a baggy filled with sugar and tell them it's meth and if they catch you, they can have it. Sprint up William St and they'll be dead by the museum.  Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:03pm

Sorry cods.
I don't know what life you live in but if a freak walked out of my kids bedroom in the middle of the night....anytime......they wouldn't make it to the front door.
If they die due to their diet then that has to be established before the media convict you of murder.

A lot to be said for this case.
He should not "want" for the rest of his life.....As the saying goes with widowed partners of police.
Same diff.
The good guy needs to be rewarded....not crucified by poxy law.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:05pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 5:41pm:

Hahahaha.
In a perfect world..... Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 7:13pm

The only reason it got as far as it did was because the lowlife was an indiginious parasite.

He was worthless, a parasite and a danger to children.

There would be no need for a trial had he wandered into my kids bedroom.

I'll bet he would never swim back from 30 miles off shore, with my boat doing circuits around him.

The lowlife's family have threatened Ben.

If it were any race other than abbo, he should worry.

But abbos wouldn't get up off their arses to exact revenge because they are just too damn lazy.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 8:30pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:03pm:

Sorry cods.
I don't know what life you live in but if a freak walked out of my kids bedroom in the middle of the night....anytime......they wouldn't make it to the front door.
If they die due to their diet then that has to be established before the media convict you of murder.

A lot to be said for this case.
He should not "want" for the rest of his life.....As the saying goes with widowed partners of police.
Same diff.
The good guy needs to be rewarded....not crucified by poxy law.

yes but what if you are killed????????????.. trying to be a hero....it is what we have cops for  this person was well known to them they probably knew where he lived or hung out....yet batterham risked his life to do what????????????????????????.......

you dont get it do you?....if they made him a hero then it would be all out vigilantism...can you really see that working.... Undecided

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 8:31pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 2:29pm:

Ben Batterham is a murderer and a liar.

In the 60 minutes story, Batterham claims Slater came out of the room where is wife and daughter were sleeping and that he stole Baterham's wife's handbag.

Batterham's wife and daughter and the wife's handbag were not at home and the conflict between Slater and Batterham was a drug deal gone wrong.

The cops and the prosecutor bent to the will of the public.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/chef-ben-batterham-murder-trial-burglar-ricky-...

"Batterham's partner and seven-month-old daughter were not home at the time."

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print