Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
A-Camping we will go.... (Read 5095 times)
Sophia

A-Camping we will go....
Dec 1st, 2020 at 12:57am

I think this will the the hit...no more overseas travel for quite some time.
And then, maybe some of us as we think about it, won't take a risk to travel overseas anymore, after all, there are beautiful places to see in Oz/Tassy.

The increase in caravanning and meeting more people than usual will be interesting, and it would show more appreciation of our own home front, where to spend our money, by keeping Australian tourism great again. Billy tea anyone?  Cool

Not interested in having this rushed vaccine, where Qantas expect people to be vaccinated before being able to travel with their airline. Maybe not many will endeavour to travel overseas anymore? I know many won't go on cruise ships again, and we are definitely nervous about it.
How trustworthy is it even though they are vying to lure cruiselings back again.
I did hear they will do more testing, and changing the air conditioning to be more filtered etc. Helping yourself to food in the buffet is a thing of the past now, there will be more seated a-la-carte menu, so we have food brought to us instead.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: A-Camping we will go....
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 2:39am

Yes, camping, caravanning, airbnb or homeaway

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:56am

These vaccines you are to take before entering a Qantas plane overseas is more a 'legality' thing, than an actual health aspect.

Many workers in the Aged Care industry refused to be forced to take a so-called 'Flu Shot'.
1. It made a lot of workers 'sick' for weeks
2. It's a legality, no 'proof' that it actually works.
3. Did I say, pump people full of 'possible' resistence to the Flu, for 'legal' reasons?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 10:43am

I think it’s a real trap that health care workers are forced to be vaccinated.
A real catch-22 if ever!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 8:04am

Sophia wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 10:43am:
I think it’s a real trap that health care workers are forced to be vaccinated.
A real catch-22 if ever!

A lot of Health Workers refuse an unguarranteed Vaccination - as there is no proof it actually works and many get sick from the vaccination anyway for weeks. It's all about 'legalities' not 'health'. Many of these Health Workers get sacked if they refuse. I know of two already.

Aged Care is up the clacker. Ex Nurses running Administrations that go balls up. Hardly seen a Admin run by Medical staff that has gone smoothly. They turn into money-hungry Politicians - the type of people they whinged the most about before they got into Admin themselves.

Retirement Villages are also coming under the spot-light.
Nothing but rip-off controlled POW camps.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 2:27pm

Aged care should be better than that, because the baby boomers are in that age bracket and there are about 5 million of us since post war baby boom.
The government knew it was coming, so why not better preparedness?
It’s the industry that should promote more nursing and administration.

Puts me off, confidence is way down low about going to aged care if and when that time comes, especially after witnessing our parents gen that were at the mercy of this Covid-19 in aged care facilities.

None of mine or hubby’s parents went into any age care.
Except mum in law died age 57 with cancer in a hospital.
My uncles were in age care and when I went to visit one of them that lives closer, it was kind of stinky in there.
Of course uncle was in a wheel chair so makes it less easy to care for I suppose with loss of independence.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 8:14am

I think a lot of people over react   including you jas....it is the first responders that should be vaccinated first   they are the ones that go from one job to the next...it stands to reason they would spread anything....I am sure most are vaccinated for any type of flu..if we have it why not use it???....or would you rather we go into lockdown every few weeks.????....

look at the cleaner in Sydney who is now blamed for the latest outbreak   even though it came in via American air staff.....there is no way! to 100% clear anyone of this virus.. and the cleaner happened to ave more than one job and used public transport.......which is quite normal in that industry... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

to me its no different to having traffic lights  sure they annoy us  but imagine life without them...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 10:48am

I have no quarrel with Medical Staff getting the Vac-Jab first - you gotta be in it to win it and even if they didn't want it - they 'have to' have it. But with that - the first people who should get the Vac-Jab first before non-infected. So thanks to our successful Lock Downs we have valuable time to watch the rest of the world get vaccinated first - and see if it works with very minimal side-effects hopefully. Wouldn't want thalidomide-like babies popping out.

We know though, in a real world there will be millions of people around the world who aren't infected who will rush forward yelling "Me first! Me first!" in panic and selfishness. Scoring where someone infected just died for lack of a vaccination. This is the savage instinct of self-preservation. Our successful Lock Downs in Oz & NZ have allowed us the grace not to be like that and be patient.

Who knows, maybe we 'need' this virus to
naturally
endure the world ahead? Maybe its the viruses that make the evolutionary changes required to adapt? A lot to learn in the time that has been given to us. But by the look of the damage done on people's lungs so far - its obviously a 'sign' of our Polluted world of filth and rubbish. We are a part of Gaea despite our knowledge. We are still Ocean-Earth bound. We have not become a seperate identity on another world yet.

Infected people first.
Medical people second.
Non-infected after.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 8:05pm

it wont happen jasin  because the govt will allocated the vaccine... so they can scream all they like... stay home...if your that worried...

even with our normal every day flu vaccine we can only have it when its made available ....so get in the queue...I dont mind waiting I would rather give it those in the work force no matter what they do   they are far more important than I am..

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 9:46am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 2:39am:

Have to admit, that will increase my mirth at people who turn up camping with all the gear but zero idea.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #10 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 10:49am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 9:46am:

Have to admit, that will increase my mirth at people who turn up camping with all the gear but zero idea.

Grin
I watched all these camping stuff adverts on tv (Anaconda etc) and said to OH, they will be doing a roaring trade of late!

I’m certain we can “spot the newbies camping” in our travels  Tongue

Betcha first thing they forget is a hammer for the tent pegs!

My fave camp item, a battery operated fan my son made for me for those  hot stuffy breeze-less 40 deg nights. Looks HD and apocalypse style! Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 5:12pm

I camp light in comfort. I throw down some rubber mates to connect. Pull the tent from its circular sleeve and throw it in the air. Swoosh! Instant Tent. Throw in the blankets and pillows and some dive weights (no pegs through hard ground, wallabies tripping in the night, etc). All else is table, chairs, cooking aids. To pack my tent up - it folds in 10 seconds and is sleeved in 30 seconds once inside items are removed. Drive away.  Efficient, minimal impact, do anywhere responsibly and minimal space use.
The popular Rooftop Tents take 20+mins to pack up, let alone set up. Even then, they are so 'tightly' made, you can barely get the zippers back around even with silicon lube. They just can't afford those few extra stitches of material.  Roll Eyes

When Tenting though, its always wise to 'surface spray the surrounding bottom end of your tent. Discourages snakes as well as spiders who find your body heat comforting in the night.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #12 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 1:30pm

I have one of those rotund spring based tents too!
Only once I had a problem with it being so flexible... was camping near the ocean at Windy Warrnambool once, the boys were in the pop top van, daughter and friend in the back of 4WD, and I had the tent all to myself... such bliss and luxury!
About 2am ( and my son always brings this story up laughing)... the weather turned and the wind was horrendous, the tent concaves and I’m yelling “w..t...f...?!! Aaaah help!”
Everyone wakes to drag me out from under the tent ... laughing mind you!
I ended up sleeping on the floor on camp mattress in pop top between the 2 single beds.
A good night’s camp with tent space all to myself ruined by strong winds! Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 5:23pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 1:30pm:
I have one of those rotund spring based tents too!
Only once I had a problem with it being so flexible... was camping near the ocean at Windy Warrnambool once, the boys were in the pop top van, daughter and friend in the back of 4WD, and I had the tent all to myself... such bliss and luxury!
About 2am ( and my son always brings this story up laughing)... the weather turned and the wind was horrendous, the tent concaves and I’m yelling “w..t...f...?!! Aaaah help!”
Everyone wakes to drag me out from under the tent ... laughing mind you!
I ended up sleeping on the floor on camp mattress in pop top between the 2 single beds.
A good night’s camp with tent space all to myself ruined by strong winds! Grin

Grin Grin
Strong weather conditions and I'm in the vehicle for the night. Easy peasy, but the Tent is more comfortable especially if I wanna do laptop.
I turned up to a popular Caravan Park once across from an old couple who the bloke was putting up his Tent which seemed a complex bother. I get my Tent out - pull it out of its sleeve, after I laid my mats and throw it up into in the air a bit and 'hey presto!' boff! a tent. Well the old fella lost it a bit and called me a "Such n' such young smartarse". I would have helped him if he hadn't said such as I would have the 'time'. Oh well.

I really don't know why people live in Tents in the cities.
Going 'camping' is great.
*She'll come a Waltzing Mathilda with me...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 5:34pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 9:46am:

Are you the kind of guy who watches and sniggers at some hapless first time camping  family struggling with their tent trying to get it up before the storm hits?

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print