Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
FD, have you ever admitted when you've been wrong? (Read 5335 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: FD, have you ever admitted when you've been wrong?
Reply #30 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 7:40pm

Mix_Master wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 7:51am:
cods wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 7:41am:
arent we all selective correct in our own minds... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

fd is a lefty and it is their god given right to be always right no matter what.

they dont care what anyone else thinks... Wink Wink

Um, OK then.

A "lefty" who starts thread after thread decrying the Union movement. A "Lefty" who decries Superannuation. One whose posts are very much "pro business" and "pro free market".

No, I think it's more you having an issue with "the left", and in typically binary fashion conflates someone who always believes they are "right", with the hated "left".

You could say that FD is a "right", who always thinks he's "right"?

Question:

Can two "rights" make a "wrong"?

I am a lefty. All of those positions are well founded in traditional left wing principles.

Of course, I am also right. So is Cods.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 8:26pm

freediver wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 7:40pm:

fd is a lefty and it is their god given right to be always right no matter what.

Um, OK then.

A "lefty" who starts thread after thread decrying the Union movement. A "Lefty" who decries Superannuation. One whose posts are very much "pro business" and "pro free market".

No, I think it's more you having an issue with "the left", and in typically binary fashion conflates someone who always believes they are "right", with the hated "left".

Question:

I am a lefty. All of those positions are well founded in traditional left wing principles.

I will take a bow......like fd I am always right! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 9:19pm

Um, OK then.

Question:

Which left wing principles are those positions founded in?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 6:45am

Jasin wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 7:34am:
No.
FD's Forum. FD is Boss.
I don't like it. I go form my own Forum.

Don't like your Employer?
Go start your own Business.

While you're joining a Union.
I'm starting my own Business.

In your dreams

you're only qualified to be sycophant/toady

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 7:25am

Mix_Master wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 9:19pm:

Um, OK then.

Question:

Which left wing principles are those positions founded in?

Take unions for example. They increase inequality, by serving those who are already better off at the expense of everyone else. They constantly try to deny unemployed people the right to work, and if not constantly kept in check would use outright thuggery and intimidation to do so.

On other issues I like to comment on, Muslims are basically Nazis who won (which for some reason makes them entitled to unthinking support from some lefties), and I hope I don't have to explain how carbon taxes are a left wing position, but again some lefties don't like it because it is founded in economic rationalism and they would prefer the government to micromanage this complex transition we are faced with.

Of course, some may want to define left wing as any position founded in ignorance and self delusion, but I don't think that is fair.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #35 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 10:18am

FD you are basically claiming the left as your own, while simultaneously opposing most, if not all, positions that are near-universally held by actual leftists.

You then proceed to promote some the most sanctified of conservative/right wing principles like economic rationalism and anti government micromanagement, somehow thinking these are naturally left wing principles.

Or in other words, you are redifining the left beyond all meaning.

By the way, this bullshit "I'm the real pro-working class because I oppose big meany unions etc" rhetoric is just the same BS spouted by conservative/right wing politicians and commentators. The only difference is they don't pretend they are leftys.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 11:59am

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 10:18am:
FD you are basically claiming the left as your own, while simultaneously opposing most, if not all, positions that are near-universally held by actual leftists.

You then proceed to promote some the most sanctified of conservative/right wing principles like economic rationalism and anti government micromanagement, somehow thinking these are naturally left wing principles.

By the way, this bullshit "I'm the real pro-working class because I oppose big meany unions etc" rhetoric is just the same BS spouted by conservative/right wing politicians and commentators. The only difference is they don't pretend they are leftys.

I think someone (not you, BTW) is living in "alternate facts land", if they style themselves as "Leftist", and then attack Unions for "promoting inequality."

From a distance it seems as though someone has taken an amalgam of positions they hold, and said "That amalgam is what represents leftist ideals/principles".

Not true, unfortunately.

It would be like me saying "I believe in a proper social safety net, and universal health care, affordable to all!", and then going on to say "And my beliefs are founded in Right Wing maxims..."

I think the reaction would be - rightly - one of  Shocked

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #37 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 1:24pm

Mix_Master wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 11:59am:
From a distance it seems as though someone has taken an amalgam of positions they hold, and said "That amalgam is what represents leftist ideals/principles".

Apart from his support for a carbon tax and action on climate in general, FD's repertoire of political posturings are taken pretty much entirely from the right. Both economic and social. And even with the carbon tax/climate action he argues from an economic conservative perspective.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - Dec 2nd, 2020 at 7:11pm

Quote:
FD you are basically claiming the left as your own

Very slippery of you Gandalf. How about we start with what I am "actually" claiming?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 6:46am

Does that actually mean you're calling him a liar?  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #40 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:54am

freediver wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 7:11pm:
Quote:

Very slippery of you Gandalf. How about we start with what I am "actually" claiming?

good point FD.

Every single one of those positions you talk about are in fact right wing/conservative articles of faith.

Like I said, you redefine the left beyond all meaning.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:58am

Gnads wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 6:46am:

Does that actually mean you're calling him a liar?  Grin

No. I don't give FD that much credit for understanding his own confused ramblings.

FD seems to me quite sincere - sincerely confused.

Quote:

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:10am

In Australian Politics and Military
The positions of PM & G-G will become the 'weakest' links. Both held in place by two other nations: UK & USA 'currently'.  Roll Eyes
Both industries will become weak at the top, strong at the bottom (cops & troops).

Writing (Religion/Spirituality) and all things 'Paperwork' - which Australia has 2/3rds more than any other nation.
...will become, like ART, strong at the top - weak at the bottom.

So is the polite_Gandalf a Jehovah's Witness?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 8:12am

...this being a Writing Forum. I guess FD is the Master at the Top. Despite the likes of Smith and others to bring him down (tall poppy) and make him 'weak' of position like a PM.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 10:32am

freediver wrote on Dec 2nd, 2020 at 7:11pm:
Quote:

"Physician, heal thyself!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print