Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print
no such thing as baseload power demand (Read 8281 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: no such thing as baseload power demand
Reply #135 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 12:08pm

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 8:51am:
Do you believe in unicorns Gnads?

You obviously do

You cloud cuckoo land knowall.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 12:33pm

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 8:20am:
Quote:
Perhaps you can come up with an argument to prove it doesn't exist.

Easy. It's in the OP.

Do try to keep up Lee.

You forgot the bit about " (A)and not the original crap you posted " Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #137 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:21pm

Have you tried covering your ears and chanting to yourself?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #138 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:25pm

This is the most nonsensical string ever started by total moron Fleadriver.

Fleadriver has no knowledge of this subject or most other subjects he contributes to other than strings on Mossad dupes of which he has first-hand knowledge.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:27pm

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:21pm:
Have you tried covering your ears and chanting to yourself?

So that's how YOU do it. Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #140 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:31pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:25pm:

Fleadriver has no knowledge of this subject or most other subjects he contributes to other than strings on Mossad dupes of which he has first-hand knowledge.

Auggie & I got banned by FD 'directly' for calling him Supreme Leader Snoke in a Topic by Auggie.
If FD doesn't ban you, then I guess for once - you might be right.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #141 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:35pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:31pm:

Auggie & I got banned by FD 'directly' for calling him Supreme Leader Snoke in a Topic by Auggie.

I will rush and get circumcised by FleaDriver's Mohel. That should stop FleaDriver in his tracks.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #142 - Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:50pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:35pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 2:31pm:

I will rush and get circumcised by FleaDriver's Mohel. That should stop FleaDriver in his tracks.

You're one very weird guy. 
Have you ever thought of taking up an interest in Hobbytex?

At least let Buzzanji and Ayn Marx help you develop your homo-erotic imagination into a fully fledged Pretorian Guard of Honor status. Only then will you discover your full potential and homosexual love for Gordon and bring your stalking skills out of the closet.

It's ok LTYC - we know you have a fascination for all things 'Dick'.  Wink

zzzltyc.jpg (52 KB | 16 )
zzzltyc.jpg

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 6:48am

For the Knowall FD

Quote:
If you get a chance google Stanwell Annual Report 2019-2020. This is where you will find The CEO s gripes ( usually reading between the lines of course) It appears to me NEM have problems.

Why Renewables want to dismantle the System of Base Load and how they will do it.

By eating into the provision of Baseload opens a greater ability to sell their renewables production at the expense of a planned approach to system efficiency and supply. i.e. (higher risk).

Solar and Wind production is highest (normally) during the day time hours.

Market prices for buying and selling electricity is usually weekdays in the morning and evening peak times and then during the day, with the lowest costs usually overnight.

In the short term, renewables will appear to be cheaper. When the sun shines and the wind blows we have this free electricity, right!. Wrong all these assets will need a return to their investment  and asset costs.

But in the short term it may well be feasible to under bid baseload suppliers to get a foot in the door (so to speak).

I can hear the argument, i.e. we have all this cheap renewable energy and the system won’t let us sell it where baseload is being provided.

Arguably their (renewable) electricity production could be sold for next to nothing in the short term and placing pressure on baseload production whereby large load changes come at extra cost and chew into their efficiency of production and in affect dismantling a cheaper longer term supply of electricity.

Somewhere in the life of renewable assets though, they must return a profit, depending on how the asset was financed and their repayment requirements/ contracts.

For eg; 6000 mega watts of installed renewables has to get a return but possibly at best only a small percentage of the installation capability will be used/sold at particular times. (Especially so with wind generation).

Ask a renewables person what is their installed capability is and what was their peak production over a twenty four hour period.

For eg.,  6000 megawatt capacity and probably at best producing 1000 megawatts maybe over 8 hrs equaling 8000 megawatt hrs divided by 24  hours = 333 megawatt hours for the day compared to a 1200mw power station running continuously = 1200 multiplied by 24 = 28000mw hours.

Awww I can hear screaming of unfair figures, yes alright the power station has one unit on overhaul so change that to 1000 x 24.

Oh yes you bump yours up a bit seeing as you installed some more solar, but hang on that was a cloudy day.

The crunch will be peak times and weather events. Low baseload availability due to less efficient supply and higher forced costs to production, high cost inefficient short time pumped storage supply, high cost short time supply battery storage, huge decentralization costs, distribution costs and system protection.

Infrastructure, technology, ancillaries, sub stations, transformers, maintenance, and the list goes on.

Baseload is the political pawn.

Maximise Baseload, bring on Nuclear with a National Centralised supply grid ( the states will not afford the large layout but will waste millions over a long period of time) of baseload before more millions $ wasted and the system is compromised and cost prohibitive with an uncontrollable and costly waste disposal problem.

Hmmm,  I wonder what the council is going to charge for this service?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #144 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:09am

Link?

Whoever wrote that struggles to make sense Gnads. What do you think the "System of Base Load" is?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:19am

freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:09am:
Link?

Whoever wrote that struggles to make sense Gnads. What do you think the "System of Base Load" is?

Link?  Grin It's from my friend.....

Seems you will make any curt bs statement to maintain your feeling of superiority.

Maybe you think it makes no sense because you don't know anything about electricity generation, it's market forces, the NEM etc. .....

you're just one of the  rabid "Renewables" faithful pushing the agenda he speaks about ....

you must have shares in a renewables company and are looking for a return on your investment....

is it taking too long?  Grin

If I can follow what he's saying then it should be no problem for such a worldly knowall /genius like you.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #146 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:21am

For starters, he struggles to use sentences.

What do you think the "System of Base Load" is?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:28am

freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:09am:
Link?

Instead of you asking me for a link or making short halfarsed, half smart responses ....

why don't you provide a link?

no better still write down in your own words(laymans terms) what you think the "System of Base Load" is?  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:30am

freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:21am:
For starters, he struggles to use sentences.

So you're actually being the grammar police & nitpicking?

What do you think the "System of Base Load" is? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #149 - Dec 21st, 2020 at 7:31am

Quote:

I think it is gibberish. You?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
Send Topic Print