Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print
no such thing as baseload power demand (Read 8283 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: no such thing as baseload power demand
Reply #90 - Dec 8th, 2020 at 8:07am

freediver wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 6:59pm:
Did he manage to give you a definition of baseload power demand that made sense?

Is it just the electricity industry in which he wants to impose government micromanagement and destroy innovation, all the while listing all the problems that require innovative solutions? Perhaps he is a closet communist.

And perhaps you're a closet queer?

You're a rabid capitalist with a privatisation fetish as the be all & end all of every aspect of running essential services.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Dec 8th, 2020 at 8:09am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 8:42pm:
Gnads wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 1:37pm:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 9:31pm:
https://decarbonisesa.com/2014/09/14/the-myth-of-the-myth-of-baseload/

Here is the other side to this argument, or is it a different argument using a different understanding of the same words. Who knows.

I sent your link to my friend who was over 40 years in the electricity generation industry.

This what he had to say -

Quote:
#*** I read the first two paragraphs and would not bother to read the rest of the self fulfilling prophecy aimed at removing customer and SYSTEM EFFICIENCY, fiscal policy, and State based budget constraints with little if any concern to the CONTINUITY of ELECTRICAL SUPPLY ( hopefully NEMCO have the balls to stand up to this disguise of a ‘free for all’ and subsidy for private enterprise that will continually raise the price of electricity).

When the system gets bigger, say 30, 40 or even 50 percent with alternate supply there will need to be a huge expenditure on the ability to handle contingencies that may affect the reliability of supply. Sure these idiots can play with the meaning of ‘Base load’ but to do so is an endeavour to remove the meaning of an “ESSENTIAL SERVICE”.
FFS they want to pay consumers for not using electricity in peak periods. (SMART METERS) This really is private enterprise going rogue. None of the c**ts have any community morals, but they are going to ‘save the planet’, and who is getting the benefit on this journey. I am sure they would say we all are, just some a lot more than others.

I would have some compassion if the protagonists could see both sides of the story but that does not appear with them or the politicians. NO MIDDLE GROUND!

THE MORE BASE LOAD IS REDUCED THE  EFFICIENCY AND ABILITY TO MAINTAIN A CONTINUITY OF SUPPLY [ESSENTIAL SERVICE] BECOMES COMPROMISED. (Even More so should manufacturing return, meaning large load requirement customers)

WHAT ARE PEOPLE PREPARED TO PAY FOR THIS? AS USUAL THOSE LEAST ABLE TO AFFORD THIS WILL BE THE MOST AFFECTED.

ANY ONE WITH THE MONEY WILL GO “OFF GRID”, Leaving the rest to pick up a heftier bill.

Private enterprise cannot loose! If and when it all goes to poo, i.e. they are not making enough profit after gaining all they can from government/s, it will still be the people who will need to pay the “pick up”.  The Government of the day ‘has it all under control’ after signing agreements with little if any long term analysis.

Just look at the Chinese situation. No critical forward thinking but the Bullshit just keeps coming.

Service fees doubled in about 2014 and now power bills comprise of approx one third fees @ approx $100. ( in my case with solar).

ESSENTIAL SERVICE SHOULD NOT BE OVERSUPPLIED BY PRIVATE ENTERPRISE i.e. GREATER THAN 50 percent and nor should BASE LOAD. ( Go Nuclear is presently the clear winner )

FRED HILMER COMPETITION policy on MARKET OPERATED SYSTEMS, a total bugger up.

Alternate power supplies are not the most efficient, not the most continuously reliable, not the most cost effective, not the most recyclable and given the size, number and distribution of such devices will be a burden on the landscape and society. ( a huge amount of increased distribution requirements that the consumer will also have to pay the upkeep) (service fees will need to go up even further and more so when others go off grid) A cat chasing its tail with no end in sight.

Do we have any politicians with brains?

Let Base Load be determined on such a basis. The most practicable and efficient resources at our disposal should be for our use first and foremost and for our benefit.

I will read the rest of his propaganda latter when the blood pressure goes down.
Cheers ###

I apologised to him for getting his blood pressure up.  Grin

Quote:
I read the first two paragraphs

if you read it as well you would know that the first 3 paragraphs were explaining the argument that he didn't agree with. This guy was saying the same as your friend.

If you read my second quote from him he came back to me after reading the rest of the article  Wink

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Dec 8th, 2020 at 8:12am

This is a quick reply to me after I apologised for sending his BP up.

Quote:
All good #***, I had a fair idea this was going to be on the agenda of the arseholes, as they will need to change the meaning of Baseload to suit their ideology of a market arena to suit themselves. Hence it will be a hot topic to persuade the masses to their way of thinking. “pricks”
Cheers #**

As you maybe able to glean he has people like FD worked out.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #93 - Dec 8th, 2020 at 6:01pm

Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2020 at 8:07am:
Did he manage to give you a definition of baseload power demand that made sense?

Is it just the electricity industry in which he wants to impose government micromanagement and destroy innovation, all the while listing all the problems that require innovative solutions? Perhaps he is a closet communist.

You're a rabid capitalist with a privatisation fetish as the be all & end all of every aspect of running essential services.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. There are clear and broadly accepted economic principles for both public and private ownership, and I regularly promote both.

Dnarever wrote on Dec 7th, 2020 at 8:46pm:

Is anyone saying that baseload power demand has any real substance ?

I suspect most people who disagree think you mean baseload power.

What?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Dec 8th, 2020 at 6:09pm

freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2020 at 6:01pm:

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. There are clear and broadly accepted economic principles for both public and private ownership, and I regularly promote both.

What?

I'd suggest you're a selective arsehole & your knowledge does not cross all scopes of industry ...

even though you think it does.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #95 - Dec 8th, 2020 at 9:08pm

Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2020 at 6:09pm:

What?

I'd suggest you're a selective arsehole & your knowledge does not cross all scopes of industry ...

I'd suggest you make up random poo when you get caught out. Do you have anything relevant to ad, beyond petty ad hominems?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Dec 9th, 2020 at 8:29am

freediver wrote on Dec 8th, 2020 at 9:08pm:
Gnads wrote on Dec 8th, 2020 at 6:09pm:

What?

I'd suggest you make up random poo when you get caught out. Do you have anything relevant to ad, beyond petty ad hominems?

Caught out?  Grin Grin you dreamer

So you think the quotes from my friend are made up poo?

Care to state the electricity generation qualifications you have to back that up?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #97 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 5:59pm

Quote:

They are a whole lot of drivel. Feel free to pick out a turd and polish it for us.

Quote:
Care to state the electricity generation qualifications you have to back that up?

What makes you think they are relevant?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 10:46am

freediver wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 5:59pm:
Quote:

They are a whole lot of drivel. Feel free to pick out a turd and polish it for us.

Quote:

What makes you think they are relevant?

Grin You're the one that's full of poo & drivel.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #99 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 6:22am

Do you think you need a PhD in soldering to understand that the price of electricity influences how much people use?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:23am

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 6:22am:
Do you think you need a PhD in soldering to understand that the price of electricity influences how much people use?

Which of course is not even related to there being "no such thing as baseload power demand". Wink

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:46am

Soldering has got SFA to do with electricity generation in large scale power houses.

That's where he had worked for over 40 years.

The only Phd you have is in being a knowall tnuc.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #102 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:47am

Gnads wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:46am:

Soldering has got SFA to do with electricity generation in large scale power houses.

So what?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 6:15am

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:47am:
Gnads wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:46am:

So what?

You bought it up .... as a sarcastic put down for the responses he made to you claims.

Your claims are BS.

The same as your Union bashing.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #104 - Dec 13th, 2020 at 8:28am

Over 100 posts now and I don't recall anyone saying anything about baseload power demand.

I would guess that it is an estimate typically given in units of 10,000 or 100,000 MWH's specified as a function of time.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print