Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Place your Bets (Read 371 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Place your Bets
Nov 27th, 2020 at 2:49pm

I've read about this and seen this in docos before when Deutschland and Nihon exhibited the same behaviours before World War 2 erupted.

I can see China 'stealing' all those ships with Australian Coal sitting off their coastline. 30 ships and $billion worth.
Because they know the USA under Biden will just say "Stop or we'll say Stop again." and Australia/ScoMo will express a lot of anger but will have no other ability to rectify the situation. Even ScoMo taking it to the UN will achieve nothing much except anger.

China's going to test 'little Australia' with a bit of bullying.
Might is Right.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Place your Bets
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 3:28pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 27th, 2020 at 2:49pm:
Biden will just say "Stop or we'll say Stop again."

Grin Too funny

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 4:13pm

I don't know who ScoMo would go to first: The United Nations, the United Kingdom or the United States of America?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 6:21pm

jasin,
To whom, do those coal bulk carriers belong to ?

Would they belong to some [separate] shipping co's ?

IMO, [if allowed by international law **] Australia should offer some discounted 'premium Australian coal' to India.

And if accepted, sail those coal bulk carriers over there, to India.

To 'clear the decks', so to speak.    [....then re-negotiate terms with Xi for any new, forward orders.]

No realistic chance of that happening ?

** If China is claiming that the Australian coal is 'substandard', maybe that could be LEGAL CAUSE, for Australia to pull those coal bulk carrier ships [and all of their cargo] out of a delivery contract ???

?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 12:09pm

The Chinese are not that stupid. Lying, cheating, and underhanded, but not stupid.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 12:36pm

Yadda. The Chinese know its top grade Coal. A lot comes from the Illawarra region that has the best in the world. It's all Australian coal - all 30 ships. Waiting to be 'apprehended' when China strikes its first major offensive. That's a lot of Coal. How could we let it build up over there - right where they want it.

They're gonna 'steal' from a nation of Criminals under Britain and American rule.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print