Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
It hurts! (Read 1488 times)
Sophia
Gold Member

It hurts!
Nov 27th, 2020 at 12:58am

Our cat (daughter’s cat) which during Covid lockdown we have kept each other company, is unwell and went into vet hospital on drip etc
I’ve been bawling my eyes out as I miss her and the house feels empty without her curious nature, always checking on me and where I am.

She has a liver problem and has lost weight, so I hope she comes back home soon.

18 years as a part of our lives.

It just sucks that dogs and cats don’t live a longer life  Embarrassed

I miss those critters we have loved as part of our lives.

I think of all the funny little stories...animals are so amazing.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: It hurts!
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 8:51am

Yes, it sucks, but nothing is forever, Lols.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 9:25am

Aussie wrote on Nov 27th, 2020 at 8:51am:

I know Aussie, got the call this morning she passed.
Will miss her.
In less than 2 years my mother, brother, dog and cat have passed.
It feels surreal.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 10:28am

Sophia wrote on Nov 27th, 2020 at 9:25am:

Will miss her.
It feels surreal.

Yer having a tough trot, but at least you can get up to see your Daughter now.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 6:04pm

Will miss her.
It feels surreal.

Oh man, that sucks   Sad

Sorry to hear it   Cry

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 6:12pm

Will miss her.
It feels surreal.

Terrible and I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet.
I also lost a cat once after 18 years!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 7:32pm

Sorry to hear lols.

Pets are part of the family and their loss is akin to losing a family member

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 1:41am

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lols. I truly understand how much our little friends can be loved and all the joy and friendship they bring over their lives. Hopefully sooner rather than later, the memory of all she brought you will outweigh the pain of losing her.

But i think there's a plus side to their comparatively short lives. It gets to mean that we know a few really well, and their different personalities and behaviours. They teach us so much about the natural world .. if our pets can be so diverse (and no two are the same) then so are all the creatures who walk, swim, crawl or fly. A truly wonderous thought. One i hope teaches us consideration and compassion.

The world is in short supply of both.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 8:20am

Will miss her.
It feels surreal.

oh I am so sad for you lols.thats a lot to bare
in time you will feel blessed for the love and affection you had and were able to share with your family and your animals....

I have had a profound loss in my life and whilst I cannot see him I can feel him.. maybe I am dreaming I dont know  but I hang on to it   it can be a huge comfort...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #9 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 9:00pm

lols its a huge knock but will make you stronger- and much more resilient in the future- a terrible shame we do not get longer with our pets but that's the way it goes Im  afraid- my cat got to barely 16 years old- it was heartbreaking when i lost her- my mother died in winter- she knew she was going- but still one of the hardestt things to do - saying goodbye to your mother is a devil of a thing to endure-

take care - agnes

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 12:39am

Kind sentiments everyone.
Very true Mothra, all so different in their own way, their funny little ways, or annoying little ways.
I am still processing it, today I felt alone, and kept looking around for her.

Agnes, it's so very hard to say goodbye, I find I go into 'denial' that it's going to happen, I tend to just live in the moment, and then when it happens, I feel that emptiness, a kind of void.
Then all those 5 stages of grief take hold.

Cods, I also think that they must be in a different energy and still with us somehow, it's the only way I can accept someone gone, I refuse to believe we just die and then there's nothing.
So many interestingly strange things occurred at after.
One of those things, when mum was laying in the pallative place, even though she was half paralysed from a stroke, she looked over to the side at the end of the bed, and 'waved hello' to someone.
I said to my brother (who was alive at that time) "Mum just waved to someone!" he missed it because he was busy on his ipad whilst I was just sitting there.

There are some interesting things with our pets too when they were departed.
At 2.15 am in the morning (after I had taken the cat to the vet to stay overnight or 2)...I heard her 'meow'.
I was on my iPhone playing candy crush (I can't sleep much of late)...and everything was on silent. I looked around, and thought, gee, that's strange...like as if she was near my seat.
Then the room went suddenly void, like an empty feeling.
I got the call 8.30 am to let me know she had passed away in her sleep during the night.
I asked about what time, they said around about 2 - 3 am.
So it was our little angel cat, coming to say goodbye to me.

I know it might be odd to talk about these things, but I do believe there is a shifted energy of our being, and we take all our life's experiences with us.
What we do with it in the after life.....is anyone's guess.
I hope I am met with my wonderful pets waiting at the rainbow bridge one day, much much later of course.

What do pets/animals teach us...many things, but....not to take anything for granted.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:51am

Bojack will say "Where's the evidence?"
It_is_the_Light would say "Did you feel the power of Planet Nibiru?"

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 7:36am

Sophia wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 12:39am:
Kind sentiments everyone.
Very true Mothra, all so different in their own way, their funny little ways, or annoying little ways.
I am still processing it, today I felt alone, and kept looking around for her.

Agnes, it's so very hard to say goodbye, I find I go into 'denial' that it's going to happen, I tend to just live in the moment, and then when it happens, I feel that emptiness, a kind of void.
Then all those 5 stages of grief take hold.

Cods, I also think that they must be in a different energy and still with us somehow, it's the only way I can accept someone gone, I refuse to believe we just die and then there's nothing.
So many interestingly strange things occurred at after.
One of those things, when mum was laying in the pallative place, even though she was half paralysed from a stroke, she looked over to the side at the end of the bed, and 'waved hello' to someone.
I said to my brother (who was alive at that time) "Mum just waved to someone!" he missed it because he was busy on his ipad whilst I was just sitting there.

There are some interesting things with our pets too when they were departed.
At 2.15 am in the morning (after I had taken the cat to the vet to stay overnight or 2)...I heard her 'meow'.
I was on my iPhone playing candy crush (I can't sleep much of late)...and everything was on silent. I looked around, and thought, gee, that's strange...like as if she was near my seat.
Then the room went suddenly void, like an empty feeling.
I got the call 8.30 am to let me know she had passed away in her sleep during the night.
I asked about what time, they said around about 2 - 3 am.
So it was our little angel cat, coming to say goodbye to me.

I know it might be odd to talk about these things, but I do believe there is a shifted energy of our being, and we take all our life's experiences with us.
What we do with it in the after life.....is anyone's guess.
I hope I am met with my wonderful pets waiting at the rainbow bridge one day, much much later of course.

What do pets/animals teach us...many things, but....not to take anything for granted.

I thnk its lovely of you to share those experiences lols..when my husband died  I  knew before he went to hospital he wasnt well but didnt really worry about it.after he passed 8 days later....I promised myself I would become more aware and believe in my instincts ..and yes its worked many time...most just simple things...like slowing down just before a speed camera comes into sight...

at the moment I cant stop thinking about a 16yr old girl who I fear is mentally abused by her parents..they are Asian and think they are living in Asia....I have finally had to offer my spare room so they can have some respite from each other, her mental state is very fragile right now and both parents very aggressive  I have been told the father has hit her but its mostly verbal...I have had a least 3 teenagers live with me since my kids were at school...all problems to their own....so maybe I attract them I dont know....I treat them as I want to be treated....its not rocket science...they have to my credit all left here better people....sounds like a brag doesnt it...dont mean it to be I dont have a clue how old my two cats are  I am shocking like that but the oldest one follows me everywhere sits on me the minute I sit down in the heat not so good....so I am wondering if thats a sign or not...she doesnt look any different to the day I got her.....like me still young and frisky..

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 10:19am

Jasin wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:51am:

Smiley
Jasin, you know, even Doctors are aware of some energy shift with patients when being operated on and die... for a short while before breathing life again.
So much so, that they place objects on high shelves, a different object every day, to ask the patient later what they saw as they floated above themselves etc.
I’m glad to see such open mindedness with this.

Cods, that’s lovely you help teens in distress, it’s nice to see they have these safe places to go to, I wish I had one when I was a teen. Would have given me more faith and courage to know abuse of any kind is not life, as we know it at the time. That is what I feel those teens you are caring for, will learn, hence why they leave better in mind and soul having learnt a reprieve with any abuse means they can see more clearly that they do have choices and can choose a better existence for themselves because despite having had no other choice, this safer more peaceful respite/experience they had in a safety house like yours, means they gain courage to seek that better life.
I know in my heart they would be ever so grateful to that kindness you offer.
Still, you must be careful whom you have in your home with you, so you take care of you too.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2020 at 4:40pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 10:19am:
Jasin wrote on Dec 1st, 2020 at 6:51am:

Smiley
Jasin, you know, even Doctors are aware of some energy shift with patients when being operated on and die... for a short while before breathing life again.
So much so, that they place objects on high shelves, a different object every day, to ask the patient later what they saw as they floated above themselves etc.
I’m glad to see such open mindedness with this.

Cods, that’s lovely you help teens in distress, it’s nice to see they have these safe places to go to, I wish I had one when I was a teen. Would have given me more faith and courage to know abuse of any kind is not life, as we know it at the time. That is what I feel those teens you are caring for, will learn, hence why they leave better in mind and soul having learnt a reprieve with any abuse means they can see more clearly that they do have choices and can choose a better existence for themselves because despite having had no other choice, this safer more peaceful respite/experience they had in a safety house like yours, means they gain courage to seek that better life.
I know in my heart they would be ever so grateful to that kindness you offer.
Still, you must be careful whom you have in your home with you, so you take care of you too.

thank you for those kind words lols..I have made an offer but we heard today.. mum and dad will be having a visit from DOCs tomorrow  this as you can imagine is mortifying to both of them  but who knows maybe the authorities will give them a huge wake up lesson..even with the problems the others had with family it never went to DOCs so have no idea what to expect!! they do have 2 other children .. my heart has always been with the children to me the adults should know better

maybe we need a Parents Anonymous somewhere maybe they can go and be shamed by their peers....because it is shameful  its stealing a childs childhood.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print