Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Government waste. Snouts in the trough (Read 1372 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Government waste. Snouts in the trough
Nov 25th, 2020 at 10:35am

Royal Australian Air Force jet flying Mathias Cormann around Europe as he campaigns for OECD job
Quote:
Key points:
* Mathias Cormann is seeking to become the next boss of the Paris-based OECD
* The former finance minister has spent November travelling the globe campaigning
* The air force plane costs taxpayers more than $4,000 per hour of flying

There is a cheaper option. Why didn't the government use this?

How do you campaign for a UN job from your study? Ask Natasha Stott Despoja
Quote:
Everybody has experienced some form of 2020 pandemic-related hardship, but Natasha Stott Despoja’s is unique: she had to run an election campaign for the United Nations almost entirely by Zoom, from her study in Adelaide.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Government waste. Snouts in the trough
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 10:52am

While I'm glad to see both gone - it frankly sickens me that they can just move into some new fat position after the terrible harm they have done to this nation and its economy and its culture.  these parasites don't see politics as service to people and nation but as a mere stepping stone in their 'career' - and how anyone could give them the credit for the ability to hold down a real job after their performance in politics is beyond me.

No wonder the world is in such a mess......

Under no circumstances should we be paying for their jobsearch - that is their personal business and we are not in the business of supporting them like royalty for life.... and nor should we.

HOWTF does Dar Cormannator get a RAAF jet to run around in?  Whose idea is that one?  Jeez - only yesterday I was thinking what a pleasure it is that we don't hear from him constantly rabbiting on about dar egonomy iss boomink uder der Liperal goffernment...der unemployt gan ged a chob anyvere und ged orf der Velfare...

We still feeding this parasite?  Still welfaring him to the max after he's finally left the stage?  Do these assholes get paid royalties on each disaster they produce... like .. say a rock band?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:08am

Gee wiz, I'd like to have a friend as the boss of the OECD.  Cool

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:30am

Captain Nemo wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:08am:

Why have you got nothing to say about this profligate waste of taxpayers' money?

It's not the first time this government has treated taxpayers' money like it's the personal funds of the Liberal party. There's nearly a dozen incidents of profligate waste using RAAF jets alone.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:39am

Bam wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:30am:

Why have you got nothing to say about this profligate waste of taxpayers' money?

It's not the first time this government has treated taxpayers' money like it's the personal funds of the Liberal party. There's nearly a dozen incidents of profligate waste using RAAF jets alone.

One day, I woke up and just couldn't hate pollies anymore.

The feeling's gone and I just can't get it back.

Nowadays, I just go "Meh."  Undecided

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 4:21pm

they should all be jailed for rorting the taxpayers

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 4:49pm

You know there is a reason that he only speaks 5 words of semi intelligible English ?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 10:27am

John Smith wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 4:21pm:

Call the plane home and let him work out his own travel arrangements - he's got more than enough to do that.... does someone imagine he needs security in Europe as well as Australia?

These people think they are royalty and should be pampered for life - I differ... they should be wheel-clamped for life...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 7:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 27th, 2020 at 10:27am:

Call the plane home and let him work out his own travel arrangements - he's got more than enough to do that.... does someone imagine he needs security in Europe as well as Australia?

These people think they are royalty and should be pampered for life - I differ... they should be wheel-clamped for life...

I don't recall who it was exactly, I think it was Natasha Stott Despoja, but it could have been some other former green party member, is also vying for a seat on some UN committee and so far she has managed to do it all without getting on a plane once. All her campaigning has been done through emails and zoom meetings. She has saved taxpayers millions.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #9 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 6:38am

Captain Nemo wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:39am:
Bam wrote on Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:30am:

https://i.imgur.com/kcg4EAl.jpg

So they beat you. Now when Gladys Berejiklian tells you that its ok for her to pork barrel since all pollies do it, you say meh! Quick slide down hill from there.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 3:52pm

It's not the politicians you should be hating, it's their dubious conduct.

If corruption was a fire, there would be a lot of black smoke billowing out of Federal Parliament. When do we call in the firefighters to put out that fire?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 9:52pm

Bam wrote on Nov 28th, 2020 at 3:52pm:

It's not the politicians you should be hating, it's their dubious conduct.

If corruption was a fire, there would be a lot of black smoke billowing out of Federal Parliament. When do we call in the firefighters to put out that fire?

A few back-burns might help...... tar for the feathers can do that sometimes.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #12 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 9:49am

John Smith wrote on Nov 27th, 2020 at 7:53pm:

I don't recall who it was exactly, I think it was Natasha Stott Despoja, but it could have been some other former green party member, is also vying for a seat on some UN committee and so far she has managed to do it all without getting on a plane once. All her campaigning has been done through emails and zoom meetings. She has saved taxpayers millions.

Why is it the taxpayers responsibility to pay for this rot? What part of kevin rudds campaigning in his UN campaign was paid for by Abbotts mob? Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 9:54am

I wish Natasha Stott-Despoja was Prime Minister.
Our kids will be safe to walk the streets again.
The War against Drugs will start winning.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 5:16pm

macman wrote on Nov 29th, 2020 at 9:49am:
John Smith wrote on Nov 27th, 2020 at 7:53pm:

Why is it the taxpayers responsibility to pay for this rot? What part of kevin rudds campaigning in his UN campaign was paid for by Abbotts mob? Wink Wink Wink

You should ask Mathias Conman as I have no answer for you

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print