Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Alcohol ban Indonesia (Read 14511 times)
Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Alcohol ban Indonesia
Reply #60 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:38pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:03pm:
Mix_Master wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 10:41am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 10:14am:
Interesting Sad to see who condones this sort of thing:

Intimate partner violence refers to any behaviour within
an intimate relationship that causes physical, psychological or sexual harm to those in that relationship. It includes acts of physical
aggression (slapping, hitting, kicking or beating), psychological abuse
(intimidation, constant belittling or humiliation), forced sexual inter-­
course or any other controlling behaviour (isolating a person from
family and friends, monitoring their movements and restricting access
to information or assistance). Alcohol consumption, especially at harmful and hazardous levels is a major contributor to the occurrence of intimate partner violence and links between the two are manifold.

So, it seems that you are saying "If you like a beer, you are an inveterate wife beater".

Long bow, anyone?

I'm saying nothing of the sort.

Paranoid much?

No. Why would I be?

You've quoted an article which "links" harmful-level alcohol consumption with DV, and then suggested (in your question about "condoning" such behaviour) that people who drink are likely to perpetrate DV.

Not all people who drink commit DV (in any of its forms).

Not all people who commit DV, drink. Many, probably don't.

Then, you go on to ask this question:

Quote:
Why would banning alcohol in a foreign country trigger someone in Australia sooooooo much?

I suspect the "triggering" was more about your comment "If it were banned here, I couldn't care less", rather than what happens in Indonesia. In fact, I'd go one step further. The "triggering" is probably more about your attempts to "paint" anyone who rejects the idea of such a ban here as being "alcohol dependent", and adopting something of a smug, superior attitude to those same worthies.

I like a beer, and would be opposed to a ban here. I'd also oppose it there, because the people calling for it occupy some 147 seats in a 550+seat Parliament. I.e. they do not represent the majority of people in the country, much less the people of Bali.

Does that make me "triggered"? No.

Because I like a beer, does that make me guilty of DV? No. (Married for 24 years, and she's still here...must count for something, you'd think?)

This may come as a shock, but defending something (such as the freedom to drink alcoholic beverages) does not in and of itself make the defender a "triggered" alcoholic...

Much like the defenders of Free Speech...something like "I utterly reject what you are saying...but would defend to the death your right to say it!"

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #61 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:40pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:31pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:26pm:
cods wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 6:06pm:
be honest gordon  alcohol isnt a matter of life and death

good luck to them if they can ban it and keep it out....not sure why our culture has the need for drink to be honest.

True. I do agree with the Moslem attitude to Alcohol.

Gordon will now - according to his "logic" - call you a terrorist.

(I think it's the booze talking)

At least he's not addicted to bum-rooting Smith like you are. Don't come trying to piss in my pocket Peckerhead.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #62 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:44pm

Wow!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I've never seen anyone pull apart Peccary like a fragmented brain fart - like what I just saw 'The' Mix-Master do with his blending of Peccary's comments into a 'whipped' cream.  Grin Cool

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:51pm

Mix_Master wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:38pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:03pm:
Mix_Master wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 10:41am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 10:14am:
Interesting Sad to see who condones this sort of thing:

Intimate partner violence refers to any behaviour within
an intimate relationship that causes physical, psychological or sexual harm to those in that relationship. It includes acts of physical
aggression (slapping, hitting, kicking or beating), psychological abuse
(intimidation, constant belittling or humiliation), forced sexual inter-­
course or any other controlling behaviour (isolating a person from
family and friends, monitoring their movements and restricting access
to information or assistance). Alcohol consumption, especially at harmful and hazardous levels is a major contributor to the occurrence of intimate partner violence and links between the two are manifold.

So, it seems that you are saying "If you like a beer, you are an inveterate wife beater".

Long bow, anyone?

I'm saying nothing of the sort.

Paranoid much?

No. Why would I be?

You've quoted an article which "links" harmful-level alcohol consumption with DV, and then suggested (in your question about "condoning" such behaviour) that people who drink are likely to perpetrate DV.

Not all people who drink commit DV (in any of its forms).

Not all people who commit DV, drink. Many, probably don't.

Then, you go on to ask this question:

Quote:
Why would banning alcohol in a foreign country trigger someone in Australia sooooooo much?

I suspect the "triggering" was more about your comment "If it were banned here, I couldn't care less", rather than what happens in Indonesia. In fact, I'd go one step further. The "triggering" is probably more about your attempts to "paint" anyone who rejects the idea of such a ban here as being "alcohol dependent", and adopting something of a smug, superior attitude to those same worthies.

I like a beer, and would be opposed to a ban here. I'd also oppose it there, because the people calling for it occupy some 147 seats in a 550+seat Parliament. I.e. they do not represent the majority of people in the country, much less the people of Bali.

Does that make me "triggered"? No.

Because I like a beer, does that make me guilty of DV? No. (Married for 24 years, and she's still here...must count for something, you'd think?)

This may come as a shock, but defending something (such as the freedom to drink alcoholic beverages) does not in and of itself make the defender a "triggered" alcoholic...

Much like the defenders of Free Speech...something like "I utterly reject what you are saying...but would defend to the death your right to say it!"

Don't worry, it's not happening in this country.

Have another drink - you'll be okay   Smiley

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #64 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 12:52pm

I don't drink, maybe a couple a year but I'd be enraged of a ban was proposed here.

And as I said earlier and so well pointed out by Sir Mix, the Indonesians proposing the ban are a very vocal political minority of Islamic fundamentalist who also persecute gays, want to ban out of sex marriage, ban contraception, abortion and also run interference for proponents of FGM.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #65 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:02pm

As you can see Mix-Master. Peccary 'replicates' (repeats) because he lacks the ability to take it further with something new to offer. He's a Replicant. This time its the 'trigger' response. Wait till he starts on Trump.  Wink

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:04pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:02pm:
As you can see Mix-Master. Peccary 'replicates' (repeats) because he lacks the ability to take it further with something new to offer. He's a Replicant. This time its the 'trigger' response. Wait till he starts on Trump.  Wink

There's no need to go further.

Some of us support the ban in Indonesia, and some of us don't.

Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:04pm

Islamic disciplines would sort out the aussie trash for some recycling like a good spiritual wash.
But Islam could learn some Convict disciplines too.  Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #68 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:05pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:04pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:02pm:

There's no need to go further.

Some of us support the ban in Indonesia, and some of us don't.

Smiley

Peccary just 'bent the knee'!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And now he goes back on his own words. By posting again to take it ...further  Wink
Too funny!  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:33pm by Jasin »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:30pm

It's hilarious to see violent & hateful Islamophobes coming out in support of human rights - i.e. their right to drink beer - for Muslims.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:54pm

issuevoter wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 10:51pm:
Finally, they'll get rid of all those drunken, thong wearing bogans who turned Bali into Australia's Tijuana.

Read the OP. Tourist areas would be exempt from the ban...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #71 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:58pm

The Heartless Felon wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:54pm:
issuevoter wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 10:51pm:
Finally, they'll get rid of all those drunken, thong wearing bogans who turned Bali into Australia's Tijuana.

Read the OP. Tourist areas would be exempt from the ban...

I would agree with Issuevoter except its the Housos not the Boguns. Boguns are good poor. Housos are the grubs on ice and booze over at Orgy Island Bali.

I guess one has had to live in both Sydney and Melbourne to see the difference.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #72 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 5:43pm

The unshakeable word of The One True God is that alcohol is forbidden - unless it creates revenue...

There is hope for that kind of Musso yet!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #73 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 5:44pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 1:30pm:
It's hilarious to see violent & hateful Islamophobes coming out in support of human rights - i.e. their right to drink beer - for Muslims.

Well - that's a good Muslim - and he ain't even dead yet!!   Cool

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 6:57pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 8:52pm:

I'd miss it - I LOVE a glass of wine with dinner - but I'm sure I'd manage.
Alcoholics always say this sort of thing. Denial is part of it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Send Topic Print