Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Alcohol ban Indonesia (Read 14489 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Alcohol ban Indonesia
Reply #105 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 12:05pm

He's not on his game. Mix-Master dissected him easily in one post.
Peccary just doesn't have the answers anymore.
Is he going through a Trump withdrawal? Be like Cold Turkey now.

But hey, he hasn't been right since he promised to go twice, but stayed.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #106 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 12:37pm

Just imagine siding with a vocal minority of Islamo-fascists. Seriously, who the actual F would do that?

Anyone who's spent any time in Indo knows loads of non-observant Muslims and the 28 million Christians all want the freedom to enjoy a refreshing Bintang.

The population of Bali is only 4 million which is 80% Hindu so the laws would have the least effect there anyway.

Once again, what kind of a piece of crap would side with a small minority of ultra-conservative Islamist who if they had their way would plunge Indonesia into strict sharia law, banning abortion, contraception, out of marriage sex, and persecute LGBTI people.

Here are some very good words from an Indonesian activist.

But this time, those parties have taken a new line: that alcohol should be banned for health reasons, not religious reasons. And a passive response to the legislation by Indonesia’s dominant secular parties, which could have quashed it months ago, has some worried that it could become law.

“For me, it’s all about pluralism and human rights,” said Rudolf Dethu, a leader of two groups opposing the legislation, one of which organizes social events to promote the culinary aspects of beer.

“It’s not just about alcohol — there’s something bigger behind this,” Mr. Dethu said. “First it’s drinking, and then rules on who you can date and what time you can go out at night, and it’s not in the Indonesian culture to say no to authority.”

There have long been fears about creeping Islamization in Indonesia, which is the world’s most-populous Muslim-majority nation but has influential Christian, Hindu and Buddhist minorities. (The vast majority of Bali’s residents are Hindu.)

Political Islam has made gains here since Indonesia began moving toward democracy in 1998, after the ouster of its long-ruling authoritarian president, Suharto. In the past decade, autonomous regional governments have passed hundreds of local bylaws inspired by Islamic law, many of which enforce morality codes. The country’s Constitutional Court is currently hearing a petition by an Islamist group demanding that gay sex be outlawed, and that an existing adultery law be expanded to include sex between unmarried persons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/03/world/asia/indonesia-bali-alcohol-ban-bill.ht...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #107 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 12:39pm

Looks like someone may be on the wrong side this time, supporting voilent thugs.

Oh dear.

Critics of the Islamic parties backing the bill — which have the support of hard-line Muslim groups that have sometimes engaged in violent intimidation

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 3:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 10:14am:
freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 10:05am:
I'm not pushing for a ban on junk food, nor am I claiming that you are. I'm just asking what else you would like to see banned.

Also, have you considered converting to Islam?

I'm not asking to see anything banned.

And no, I wouldn't convert to any religion - I'll remain an atheist until the day I die.

What religion are you, FD?

I'm curious.

Cat got your tongue, dear?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #109 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 3:50pm

My hope?

That this alcohol ban is rolled out all over the shite hole.

And that the tourism industry totally collapses.

That the country goes full primitive and becomes nothing but a blot on a map.

And, most importantly

Australia stops sending millions to this shite hole.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 3:59pm

FD claims that burqas are as dangerous as alcohol, but I haven't seen any warnings like this from health departments:

"Wearing burqas too much can harm your health.

"Excessive burqa wearing led to approximately 95,000 deaths and 2.8 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2011 – 2015, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 29 years.

"Further, excessive burqa wearing was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years.

"The economic costs of excessive burqa wearing in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink."

Why would someone try to compare the health risks of alcohol to burqas?

It makes no sense.

His call to ban junk food was a little closer to the mark.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #111 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 5:04pm

Quote:
FD claims that burqas are as dangerous as alcohol

Grin

No I don't.

Would you like to see junk food and alcohol banned? You can't seem to make up your mind on this one. Are you trying to say that you don't support it, you merely spinelessly apologise for it?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 8:02pm

freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:06am:
Setanta wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 9:42pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 8:46pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 9:08pm:
There's talk of alcohol being banned in another country, and we have Australians here triggered to the point of hysteria.

A little disturbing, to say the least.

https://au.reachout.com/tough-times/addiction

the idea of choo choo having to go without his beer is to much for him to handle .. it's all he has to look forward to in his life Cheesy

You've got me pegged Mimo. Religious fundies in Indonesia are trying to impose their will and the only reason I could be opposed to the idea is that I might miss out on a beer, here in Australia.

Your support for govt decrees banning shyte will be eagerly looked forward to the next time the burka banning thing is played out. Gregg's too.

How does John feel about banning the burqa?

And Pecca?

I have no problem with you wearing a burka FD. In your case its probably an advantage

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 8:03pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 9:42pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 21st, 2020 at 8:46pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 9:08pm:
There's talk of alcohol being banned in another country, and we have Australians here triggered to the point of hysteria.

A little disturbing, to say the least.

https://au.reachout.com/tough-times/addiction

the idea of choo choo having to go without his beer is to much for him to handle .. it's all he has to look forward to in his life Cheesy

You've got me pegged Mimoo.

dam oaff I do.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #114 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:07pm

How do you feel about banning the burqa John?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:50pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 3:59pm:
FD claims that burqas are as dangerous as alcohol, but I haven't seen any warnings like this from health departments:

"Wearing burqas too much can harm your health.

"Excessive burqa wearing led to approximately 95,000 deaths and 2.8 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2011 – 2015, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 29 years.

"Further, excessive burqa wearing was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults aged 20-64 years.

"The economic costs of excessive burqa wearing in 2010 were estimated at $249 billion, or $2.05 a drink."

Why would someone try to compare the health risks of alcohol to burqas?

It makes no sense.

His call to ban junk food was a little closer to the mark.

Burqa wearing females have a much higher rate of illness and disease than non Burqa wearing females mainly due to vitamin d deficiency and chronic obesity.
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islamic_Attire_and_Health
Quote:
Islamic Dress and Health
Since almost all the daily intake of Vitamin D is from sunlight, exposure there is significant concern for women who wear the burqa or "full hijab". This style of dress, leaving only a very small portion of skin around the eyes exposed, greatly reduces the surface area of the body which sunlight is exposed to and hence reduces the amount of Vitamin D synthesized. Such low rates of Vitamin D production will quickly exhaust the bodies excess emergency stores of Vitamin D contained in the fat and the person will likely go into a deficient state.

Due to this reason, serious vitamin D deficiency is wide-spread in many Muslim majority countries. A study performed by doctors at King Fahd University Hospital in Saudi Arabia, showed that out of all 52 women tested, all had seriously deficient levels of Vitamin D and were at risk of many serious health problems, despite living in one of the sunniest places on the planet.[10] Furthermore, in a study undertaken in Jordan, 83.3% of women wearing the most covering style of Islamic dresses were found to be deficient in summer time. This is rather striking when compared to the fact only 18.2% of Jordanian men studied were found to be deficient.[11] Jordan, like Saudi Arabia, holds the distinction of being one of the sunniest places on the planet, so the effect of wearing the burqa on Vitamin D levels and health is profound.
Obesity
It has been noted that the observance of hijab, the garments and the traditions surrounding them, can discourage exercise both psychologically and practically.[22][23] The style of dress can make it easy to hide the bloat of a large meal, and it can be physically restrictive for those who wish to exercise, especially outdoors where one has to be aware of the weather (if it is too hot or humid). In the West, where most indoor gyms are mixed-sex, exercise without Islamic dress can be very difficult for observant Muslim women, and some forms of Islamic dress can make playing almost any sport nearly impossible.[22][23]

According to The Economist magazine’s world rankings, the countries with the highest obesity rates among women are Muslim countries[22] (data from 1999-2003 show 8 of the top 10 to be Muslim majorities; Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestinian territories, Lebanon, Albania, Bahrain, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates),[24] and a 2006 study presented by Qatari expert Issam Abd Rabbu at the "Facts About Obesity" seminar, found that up to 70 percent of women living in the Gulf Arab states (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates) were overweight or obese.[25] Dr. Abdul Rahman Musaiqir, head of the Arab Center for Nutrition at Bahrain University, has said the problem of obesity among women in the Gulf states is being disguised by their Islamic dress, and that obesity rates are much higher than in developed countries.[26]

A 2011 study issued by the National Commercial Bank (NCB), Saudi Arabia’s largest bank, found that the number of Saudis suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity is increasing at an alarming rate, and a survey released by the Saudi Diabetes and Endocrine Association (SDEA) in 2010 showed that over 70 percent of the Saudi population are "alarmingly obese".[27] Figures released by the Qatar Diabetes Association (QDA) state that 20% of the population has been diagnosed as diabetic in Qatar, and the disorder is affecting more and more children.[23] Some of the health problems associated with obesity include; heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, painful wear and inflammation on weight-bearing joints, breathing problems and sleep apnea.[28]

Didnt think that one out too well did you?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 10:15pm

freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:07pm:

i think only an idiot would advocate to ban an item of clothing. Are you such an idiot FD?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 10:30pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 10:15pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2020 at 9:07pm:

i think only an idiot would advocate to ban an item of clothing. Are you such an idiot FD?
Islamic societies ban certain types of western clothing.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #118 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 12:28am

In regards to x11 Moslems who drowned, washed off rocks, fast because of the water-logged clothing.
Burqa is banned from all swimming activity.

What is desert attire in the Middle-East, becomes water-logged death traps in Oceania.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #119 - Nov 23rd, 2020 at 3:02am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 7:53pm:
rhino wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 7:30pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 7:16pm:
cods wrote on Nov 20th, 2020 at 6:06pm:
be honest gordon  alcohol isnt a matter of life and death

good luck to them if they can ban it and keep it out....not sure why our culture has the need for drink to be honest.

Yep.

The only problem is, this means that all those bogans that go to Bali to get pissed night after night might end up staying in Australia for their holidays.

Bali is a tiny part of Indonesia, what it means is that we have a country on our doorstep becoming increasingly more radical and discriminatory towards their minority population. If this was happening in a white country you would be screaming your head off about it.

I'd welcome it with open arms if this was happening here in Australia,

And that's coming from someone who loves his beer, wine and spirits.

Well, it was only a week ago where I found that I did not like alcohol anymore. But, I support the right of people to keep drinking it if they wish. I bypass a tavern on my way to work 4 nights out of 7. 3 of those nights mean having to deal with drunken louts who do not give a damn about my right of passage or safety. But, they have the right to keep drinking until they become a problem.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Send Topic Print