Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print
another missing wife. (Read 22288 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: another missing wife.
Reply #30 - Dec 9th, 2020 at 7:29pm

cods wrote on Dec 9th, 2020 at 7:22pm:
Neferti wrote on Dec 9th, 2020 at 5:36pm:
She must have had wind of all this and pre-arranged her "disappearance".  Somebody like that couldn't go and just live in a caravan park. She probably has something in a false name and bank accounts and so forth to be able to live the way that she "has become accustomed". If she can cheat people out of their money, she can create a "new life" for herself, easy peasy.  Probably hubby knows all about it. I bet she gets caught, eventually, though.  Wink

watch it nef Mr smiff will be here claiming you know more than he does   

and he dont like that!

Nef doesn't even know more than my stool sample.

What happened cods, you had the case solved. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #31 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 5:32am

John Smith wrote on Dec 9th, 2020 at 7:29pm:

What's this OCD about bowel movements on this forum?  Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 10th, 2020 at 6:53am

Neferti wrote on Dec 10th, 2020 at 5:32am:
John Smith wrote on Dec 9th, 2020 at 7:29pm:

What's this OCD about bowel movements on this forum?  Grin

its a pong from a mong nef    best to ignore...it has a very low standard of communication..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 5:48am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts/bank-tells-co...

When one of Melissa Caddick’s long-term clients checked their share investments with the Commonwealth Bank after her disappearance, they got the shock of their lives.

The couple were told the documents did not look right and there was no record of the direct investment account or their $450,000 self managed super fund.

“They told us (the CommSec portfolio statements) were forgeries,” the investor said.
Every account number set up for them by Ms Caddick was one digit short.

“They were pretty good forgeries, you wouldn’t pick it up,” he said.

Like many of the Dover Heights businesswoman’s clients, the couple were friends who had been exposed to her world of wealth, extravagance and what seemed like professionalism.

The 49-year-old made them believe they were making high returns on their superannuation investments by providing fake monthly CommSec statements.

The investor told The Saturday Telegraph he “implicitly trusted” Ms Caddick. He had known her family for 20 years before investing his and his wife’s superannuation with her.

“We started out in 2014 but we got our money back,” he said. “She had said she was getting rid of her smaller clients but now I know what I know, it was caused by my accountant asking questions and not getting answers.”

The man, who like many of her clients had shared dinners with Mrs Caddick at her $7m home, withdrew his funds in February but in July asked about reinvesting superannuation with her.

Ms Caddick agreed to do it but told the man his accountant “was too slow”.

She asked him to go through another accountant, who was looking after several of her other clients.

“Every month she sent us a statement – we even had to pay tax on it,” the man said.

The couple last heard from Ms Caddick the day before she disappeared — Tuesday, November 10 — when she sent an email requesting a document.

When she went missing, she was at the centre of an Australian Securities and Investment Commission investigation.

Because many of her investors trusted her with their superannuation, Ms Caddick didn’t need to worry about regular withdrawals.

More Coverage
Missing millionaire a no-show in court
“You could see the amount was growing in the monthly statements you get from her,” another man, whose family invested with Ms Caddick, said.

Asked where she might be, the investor said: “She was a meticulous planner and she must have realised this was going to close in on her. I think she has implemented her plan B and probably with a new identity.”

????????

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #34 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 5:56am

She must have had a "second life" all organised, just in case she got caught!  She will eventually make a slip up and be found and have to face the music. Stupid, greedy woman!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 6:20am

Neferti wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 5:56am:
She must have had a "second life" all organised, just in case she got caught!  She will eventually make a slip up and be found and have to face the music. Stupid, greedy woman!

weird thats for sure  and the husband didnt have a clue??>>...I would think if this was the case  she has left the country already!

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #36 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:21am

cods wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 6:20am:
Neferti wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 5:56am:

weird thats for sure  and the husband didnt have a clue??>>...I would think if this was the case  she has left the country already!

Pre-arranged and she would need somebody to help her too. Maybe she knows a few Chinese businessmen?  Grin Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 6:24am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts/melissa-caddi...

Missing millionaire businesswoman Melissa Caddick used $691,275 of clients’ money from just one of her 29 bank accounts to pay off her Amex credit card bill, the Federal Court has been told.

It’s alleged the money was splurged on high-end travel and luxury goods from her favourite brands including Chanel, Christian Dior and Canturi while she forged documents from CommSec telling her clients how well their investments were doing, it is alleged.

She told clients she would accept nothing less than a minimum investment of $250,000 but mixed their money with her own accounts, which included 29 bank accounts and two in the name of her 15-year-old son, according to documents tendered by the corporate watchdog ASIC.

Ms Caddick, 49, was last seen in the early hours of November 12 — two days after the Federal Police raided her $7 million clifftop home in Dover Heights as part of the ASIC investigation into claims she scammed investors in her company, Maliver Pty Ltd, of as much as $40 million.

Court documents reveal that one of her accounts with the NAB held around 36 potential client deposits of more than $3.9 million between 2018 and June this year.

As well as the Amex bill, she transferred $250,000 to two Qantas accounts and $50,000 into a local account which was used to pay off a penthouse apartment at Edgecliff, as well as more to other accounts.

“Of those funds that are ultimately invested in shares, it appears that very little profit is generated by either capital growth or dividend payments,” an affidavit from ASIC investigator Lucy Allen alleges.

ASIC has applied to the court to appoint a provisional liquidator to her company.

The Federal Court has frozen her assets including the bank accounts and confiscated her passport as ASIC claimed she had a US bank account and “means to travel overseas at short notice”. Ms Caddick went overseas 20 times between 2009 and October 6 this year. ASIC has the names of at least 61 investors or potential investors it is talking to.

One man invested around $5 million with Ms Caddick for his self-managed super fund.

ASIC traced another investment of $2.5 million by the mother of a school friend of Ms Caddick’s son. They found that Ms Caddick transferred $2.4m into her own account, of which $34,600 went on Amex.

Ms Caddick’s disappearance is being investigated by the state’s homicide squad but there is no evidence of what has happened to her.

I would think shes long left the country...probably to a country we have no extradition with..

IP Logged

Gordon

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #38 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 9:14am

Kate McClymont, one of the best investigative journos is reporting she's is in hiding with a big bag of money and jewellery  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 9:29am

Gordon wrote on Dec 15th, 2020 at 9:14am:
Kate McClymont, one of the best investigative journos is reporting she's is in hiding with a big bag of money and jewellery  Smiley

of course she is......with all this covids and restrictions on travel......and with the police raid....she would have done so in a hurry.......so while I am thinking she is o/seas... now I dunno....I am sure they would have checked any departures....

IP Logged

Gordon

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 10:10am

cods wrote on Dec 15th, 2020 at 9:29am:
Gordon wrote on Dec 15th, 2020 at 9:14am:

of course she is......with all this covids and restrictions on travel......and with the police raid....she would have done so in a hurry.......so while I am thinking she is o/seas... now I dunno....I am sure they would have checked any departures....

Nah, she probably has a safe house but they'll find her eventually in Byron, Noosa other other places the rich like to play. She likes the bling to much she'll slip up sooner or later.

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #41 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 10:56am

Like I said, she would have been ready for this and had it all pre-arranged. They will eventually get her though and she will be in deep poo.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Dec 15th, 2020 at 5:28pm

Neferti wrote on Dec 15th, 2020 at 10:56am:
Like I said, she would have been ready for this and had it all pre-arranged. They will eventually get her though and she will be in deep poo.

I still think the husband knows where she is  after all there is a teenage son involved....who claims he heard a door shut.... Undecided Undecided at 5.30am   could be a red herring..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Dec 16th, 2020 at 8:46am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/melissa-caddick-missing-millionaires-...

Devastated investors who look to have lost millions to missing businesswoman Melissa Caddick don’t want her son’s $66,000 a year private school fees to come out of what may be left, the Federal Court was told on Tuesday.

The clients, who include surgeons, are “strongly” against increasing the weekly living allowance for her ­ex-hairdresser husband Anthony Koletti and her 15-year-old son from $800 a week, counsel for the corporate watchdog ASIC said.

“ASIC is getting correspondence from investors who are deeply aggrieved,” Stephanie Fendekian told the court.

The ASIC investigation began on September 8 this year and she said one “distressed” group alone had ­invested $13.1 million with the majority of those investors having “not received funds back to date”.

They opposed funding the “lifestyle” of her family, including the husband who doesn’t work, the court was told.

Ms Caddick, 49, was the sole breadwinner and her ­assets have been frozen, leaving Mr Koletti unable to ­access them as he claims he needs the $66,000 upfront cost of private school fees, $2000 a month for income protection and $600 a month to cover transport costs.

His application for more expenses will be decided tomorrow morning in court. Neither Mr Koletti nor his son is accused of any wrongdoing.

MELISSA CADDICK’S INCREDIBLE SPLURGING
Ms Caddick's incredible splurging on luxury goods and holidays has been revealed in the ASIC documents.

Between December 18, 2017 and August 16, 2020, records show she spent:

Dior: $229,277
Chanel: $48,588
Cosmopolitan Shoes: $52,548
Louis Vuitton: $17,777
Valentino: $14,180
Canturi Jewellers: $187,650
Net-A-Porter: $39,575
Oscar De La Renta: $14,180
Personal expenses: $291,744
Justice Brigitte Markovic said that with Ms Caddick missing and the fact she was the only director of her company Maliver, the situation was “drastic” enough to warrant the appointment of a receiver to her affairs and a provisional liquidator to Maliver.

The court has heard evidence that from the tips of her Chanel-shod feet to the Dior frocks and winters in affluent Aspen, Melissa Caddick was the epitome of eastern suburbs excess.

In New York, she whipped out her Amex card at luxury department store Bergdorf Goodman to spend $17,617. In Sydney she was a regular at Dior where she splashed out on almost $250,000 worth of goodies within three years.

Then there were the trips: London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
In two trips to Fiji alone in 2018 and 2019 she managed to spend $63,022.

But ASIC alleges it wasn’t all her own cash that she was splashing around. Most of it belonged to investors who never checked that she had no Australian financial services licence when they handed the personable mother their millions to invest. They were told others had doubled their portfolios in a year.

Now they are concerned and distressed, the court was told.

In total 61 investors have been spoken to by ASIC and their identities have been suppressed. Some of them are surgeons, one had appointed her trustee of his $5 million self-managed super fund. One law firm, Bridges Lawyers, represents clients who invested $5.3 million with her. At least $13.1 million has gone missing, the court heard.

MELISSA CADDICK'S TRAVEL EXPENSES
The documents also reveal her love of high-end travel with the following expenses in that same period:

Aspen $35,151
Fiji: $63,002
Flight Centre: $108,586
Hong Kong: $18,877
Jetabroad: $5,783
Melbourne: $2,651
New York: $37,283
North of Nell: $34,223
Perth: $183.37
Qantas: $55,609
Tokyo: $2,141
Whistler: $43,273

no way didnt the husband no something wasnt quite right about all that...
.....seriously  she wouldnt have had time to sleep

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #44 - Dec 16th, 2020 at 9:20am

Quote:
In two trips to Fiji alone in 2018 and 2019 she managed to spend $63,022.

What on earth did she do in Fiji to spend that sort of cash?  Perhaps that is where she is, on an island near Suva.  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print