Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 28
Send Topic Print
⮞ Americans Exercise Their 2A Right to Firearms ⮜ (Read 22599 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞ Americans Exercise Their 2A Right to Firearms ⮜
Nov 13th, 2020 at 9:50am

Record Gun Sales Amid Election Year Anxiety

Source:      
THE AUSTRALIAN
       Quote:
Gun sales in America have hit a record level this year with 1.7 million last month, bringing the yearly total to 17.2 million and smashing the previous high in 2016 — also an election year.

Americans are buying handguns in much greater numbers for protection because of fears about the coronavirus lockdown and unrest on the streets after the killing of George Floyd, a black man, in police custody in Minneapolis in May.

Concern that defeat for the Trump administration will mean tighter restrictions on owning guns seems to be adding to the rush. Even higher sales are forecast for the traditionally busy last two months of the year.

This year’s sales bring the total number of firearms in private hands in America to more than 400 million
out of a population of 330 million. With 4 per cent of the world’s population, the US has 40 per cent of civilian-owned guns globally.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) said that more than 1.7 million background checks were conducted in connection with the sale of a firearm last month, an increase of 60.1 per cent compared with last October’s 1.1 million.

The NSSF said that every month this year since March had “been the strongest of that month ever recorded” based on its analysis of FBI background checks, which do not always lead to a sale.

This year 17.2 million background checks resulted in a sale compared with 15.7 million in 2016 and almost 13.2 million last year.
The FBI began compiling records of background checks in 1998.

Mark Oliva, of the NSSF, said that sales last month had been fuelled by fears of a change in government and tighter regulation. “America is watching and is already voting with their wallets when it comes to lawful firearm ownership,” he said.

Referring to the constitutional protection of the right to keep and bear arms, he said: “It cannot be discounted that gun buyers are faced with polar opposites of presidential candidates when it comes to protecting Second Amendment rights.

“Rising gun sales haven’t been a phenomenon of just red [Republican] states, but also blue states.
Never before have so many Americans chosen to exercise their right to firearm ownership.”
..............continued

Americans are stocking up on ammo, & buying additional firearms....especially those most likely to be affected by an unfriendly occupant in the White House (AR-15s & High Capacity Magazines).....& also because they know that the police wont be guarding their front doors against intruders any time soon, taking proactive steps in being their own 'first responders' to defend their lives, & the lives of their family, has become obviously necessary, & their own personal responsibility.

Many Firearm retail outlets report that a very high percentage of firearm sales have been to first time gun owners.

Also, because requiring firearm registration is still illegal, firearm retailers are not required to keep records of the transactions that might link a firearm owner to a particular firearm, making future locating of a firearm impossible. The only requirement is that the intent to purchase must be preceded by a Federal Background Check, but such a check, by law, is never linked to a sale history.

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: ⮞ Americans Exercise Their 2A Right to Firearms ⮜
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 9:59am

What do you call Media supporters against Trump's term?
Looters, Rioters, drug-addicts, business burners, rapists, murderers, etc.

What do you call Republican Supporters against Biden/Media's term?

Mass Fire Power Liberators!  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 10:25am

Jasin wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 9:59am:
What do you call Media supporters against Trump's term?
Looters, Rioters, drug-addicts, business burners, rapists, murderers, etc.

What do you call Republican Supporters against Biden/Media's term?

Mass Fire Power Liberators!
  Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:09pm

I can't wait to see how the Democrats deal with the Republican Protests, Marches and a more disciplined firepower than the hapless opportunism of the Democrat/Media supporters and their rioting, looting and undisciplined chaos.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:32pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:09pm:
I can't wait to see how the Democrats deal with the Republican Protests, Marches and a more disciplined firepower than the hapless opportunism of the Democrat/Media supporters and their rioting, looting and undisciplined chaos.

Be ever aware though there is always a possibility, that a direct life threatening provocation can cause an unwanted, unexpected, & life threatening retaliation.  Therefore, do not expect a civilian militia to respond with the same restraints as does a local police force trained in crowd & riot control....

« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:37pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 1:04pm

If the Democrats get the House, the Senate, and the WH, then the Democrats will seek to deal with Republican opposition to the Democrats radical plans to change American society,
by moving to 'change' the U.S. Constitution, is my guess.

They'll justify their move, to [try to] change the U.S. Constitution by arguing that the U.S. Constitution is 'an archaic document' which needs wholesale reform and rewriting.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 2:06pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 2:38pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 1:04pm:

If the Democrats get the House, the Senate, and the WH, then the Democrats will seek to deal with Republican opposition to the Democrats radical plans to change American society,
by moving to 'change' the U.S. Constitution, is my guess.

They'll justify their move, to [try to] change the U.S. Constitution by arguing that the U.S. Constitution is 'an archaic document' which needs wholesale reform and rewriting.

Congress (The Combined US Senate & US House of Representatives) alone Can Not change the United States Constitution. They don't have the Constitutional Power to do so.

Per the US Constitution, the President of the United States (The Executive Branch of the US Government) plays absolutely no part in amending the US Constitution, except as a US Citizen, he/she can suggest an Amendment to the Congress, to be voted upon by the individual bodies of Congress requiring a 2/3rds affirmative vote in each to proceed to the individual States for the Peoples ratification.

The United States Constitution can not be changed without the express permission of the American People, through their individual State Legislatures, in 38 of the 50 United States. In some State Constitutions it requires a binding, voted upon referendum of the people, presented to the People for their consent, directing exactly how the People wish their Legislatures vote regarding ratification of any & all amendments to the US Constitution.

FACT:
  Of the roughly 12,000 amendments proposed in either House of The US Congress since 1787, only 33 Amendments have gone to the States (to the People) for ratification, & of those, 27 proposed amendments were ultimately approved by the People, & made it all the way into the U.S. Constitution. 

Only one (1) previously ratified Amendment was ever Repealed by the American People in 233 years.

The 21st Amendment which Repealed the 18th Amendment (the prohibition of the manufacture, transportation, sale, & consumption of Alcohol - aka - 'Prohibition' ).....
    Wink

« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2020 at 3:34pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 4:13pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 4:45pm

Panther wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 2:38pm:

The United States Constitution    can    not    be changed

without the express permission of the American People, through their individual State Legislatures, in 38 of the 50 United States.

That is correct Panther.

And i can't believe that any 'interest group' WOULD EVER PRESUME to be able to change The United States Constitution in order to change national laws to favour their own political interests.

The American People would never agree to that.

I just can't conceive of any circumstance in which that could occur.

/sarc off

Grin                Tongue

IMAGE.....

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

- Joseph Stalin [contested as a false attribution]

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:08am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 2:06pm:

When you girls are calling for our disarmament we will be ignoring your fears. I don't care if you get the vapors because we do not want to be at the mercy of an oppressive government. If the Jews had stood up to the Nazis they would have run out of Nazis before they ran out of Jews.

The real cure for "gun violence" is not gun laws, it is a return to morals. The answer is simple, the implementation is all but impossible! One of the goals of the Left is the destruction of the family unit! Where it has been successful crime is high. Mama rides the cock carouse having children by a different man each time living on Welfare and those children grow up with really poor role models. The cycle repeats across generations, we now have families that have been on the dole for as many as four generations! Where the family unit is strong the crime rate is low, we call that a clue!!!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #11 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:19am

Panther wrote on Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:32pm:
Be ever aware though there is always a possibility, that a direct life threatening provocation can cause an unwanted, unexpected, & life threatening retaliation.  Therefore, do not expect a civilian militia to respond with the same restraints as does a local police force trained in crowd & riot control....

Putin find a fresh batch of potatoes to pay you with?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:37am

Mortdooley wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:08am:
If the Jews had stood up to the Nazis they would have run out of Nazis before they ran out of Jews.

Riiiiiiiiight. Not like the Nazis had the war machinery and firepower to wipe out 3/4 of Leningrad, much of Poland and invaded France without much of a fight. The Nazis also would have pushed America forces back into the sea and slaughtered them by the thousands if not for the hasty decisions of Hitler.

As for the Jews, seems the Nazis had little trouble in initiating genocide although retards like you continue to deny that reality

Oh, and guess what? All of the who faced the Nazis were well armed and military trained. Gawd, you are so f - king stupid.

The Texuus educational system, everybody

The real cure for "gun violence" is not gun laws, it is a return to morals. The answer is simple, the implementation is all but impossible!

What morals? According to a legal brief recently filed by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, the fourteen militiamen who were arrested in October for plotting to kidnap and kill Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer also planned to storm the capitol, capture hostages, live stream a horrific series of executions, and target the entire elected state leadership and members of the state legislature.

One of the goals of the Left is the destruction of the family unit! Where it has been successful crime is high. Mama rides the cock carouse having children by a different man each time living on Welfare and those children grow up with really poor role models.

Much of your shithole state is deeply impoverished and ravaged by the social crisis much of it solely responsible for 45+ years of neoliberalism. Nearly 55 percent of the population of the Rio Grande Valley is below the federal poverty line. McAllen and Brownsville, in Hidalgo and Cameron counties, were the first and second poorest cities in the United States, according to 2010 census data. So your racist rant means nothing. Yout state is full to the rafters of po' white trash

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/09/13/texas-poverty-census-2017-lowest-levels-...

The cycle repeats across generations, we now have families that have been on the dole for as many as four generations! Where the family unit is strong the crime rate is low, we call that a clue!!!

Never mind the trade unions who were once powerful institutions oversaw massive job cuts and decade after decade of concessions justified as necessary to “save” whatever jobs remained until they too were slashed. The fact that many workers are so politically disoriented that they cast ballots for the con man Trump is primarily a testament to their miseducation by the unions, which have spewed nationalism and anti-immigrant chauvinism for 40 years. To the extent that Trump’s xenophobia and jingoism have found fertile soil, it is above all the fault of the trade unions.

You brought this upon yourself, morty torty. Get a clue.

Stay stupid, as always

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #13 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 1:12am

Marla wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 12:37am:
If the Jews had stood up to the Nazis they would have run out of Nazis before they ran out of Jews.

Riiiiiiiiight. Not like the Nazis had the war machinery and firepower to wipe out 3/4 of Leningrad, much of Poland and invaded France without much of a fight. The Nazis also would have pushed America forces back into the sea and slaughtered them by the thousands if not for the hasty decisions of Hitler.

As for the Jews, seems the Nazis had little trouble in initiating genocide although retards like you continue to deny that reality

Oh, and guess what? All of the who faced the Nazis were well armed and military trained. Gawd, you are so f - king stupid.

The Texuus educational system, everybody

The real cure for "gun violence" is not gun laws, it is a return to morals. The answer is simple, the implementation is all but impossible!

What morals? According to a legal brief recently filed by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, the fourteen militiamen who were arrested in October for plotting to kidnap and kill Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer also planned to storm the capitol, capture hostages, live stream a horrific series of executions, and target the entire elected state leadership and members of the state legislature.

One of the goals of the Left is the destruction of the family unit! Where it has been successful crime is high. Mama rides the cock carouse having children by a different man each time living on Welfare and those children grow up with really poor role models.

Much of your shithole state is deeply impoverished and ravaged by the social crisis much of it solely responsible for 45+ years of neoliberalism. Nearly 55 percent of the population of the Rio Grande Valley is below the federal poverty line. McAllen and Brownsville, in Hidalgo and Cameron counties, were the first and second poorest cities in the United States, according to 2010 census data. So your racist rant means nothing. Yout state is full to the rafters of po' white trash

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/09/13/texas-poverty-census-2017-lowest-levels-...

The cycle repeats across generations, we now have families that have been on the dole for as many as four generations! Where the family unit is strong the crime rate is low, we call that a clue!!!

Never mind the trade unions who were once powerful institutions oversaw massive job cuts and decade after decade of concessions justified as necessary to “save” whatever jobs remained until they too were slashed. The fact that many workers are so politically disoriented that they cast ballots for the con man Trump is primarily a testament to their miseducation by the unions, which have spewed nationalism and anti-immigrant chauvinism for 40 years. To the extent that Trump’s xenophobia and jingoism have found fertile soil, it is above all the fault of the trade unions.

You brought this upon yourself, morty torty. Get a clue.

Stay stupid, as always

Not to make this a personal attack but as an admitted drug addled slut it is beyond your ability to understand what morals are. People with this thing you can not comprehend have happy successful lives as opposed to your failed one!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2020 at 1:31am

Mortdooley wrote on Nov 14th, 2020 at 1:12am:
Not to make this a personal attack but as an admitted drug addled slut it is beyond your ability to understand what morals are. People with this thing you can not comprehend have happy successful lives as opposed to your failed one!

Wow. Such a strong argument you have there, morty torty. Fascism and social oppression much less owning a gun are not morals, you perpetual idiot. And you sure don't know history. Then again, you never read a book in your life that didn't have Mein Kampf written on it.

stay stupid

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 28
Send Topic Print