Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Unions create unemployment (Read 23914 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Unions create unemployment
Reply #60 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 12:26pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 12:10pm:
Things that create unemployment:-

Poor management that results in massive overheads and poor performance in the market.
Inability to stick to the rules that causes company collapse.
Globalising industries so as to ensure incomes for corporations via use of virtual slave and child labour.
Government weakness in standing up to businesses that will not play by the rules.
The mad government concept that by spreading the 'wealth' around, all in the world will one day be 'equal'.
Reduction of genuine employment opportunity through offshoring profits and concentrating profits into 'deadstock' items for tax concession purposes.

Add as you see fit.

Thanks Grapps. Let's add unions to the list. Just is case people think you are trying to change the subject.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 1:06pm

freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 10:18am:
John Smith wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 10:04am:
freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 10:00am:
You did not provide evidence. You lied. Here it is again:

John Smith wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 6:36pm:
But when rates were cut, it was found that they didn't create a single job

Your ignorance does not count as evidence John.

From the Chief executive of an employer group that lobbied for the penalty rate cuts in the first place:

Council of Small Business Australia chief executive Peter Strong said the reduction in workers’ pay has been a “waste of time” and had not created one single job.

you're turn FD. .. either provide evidence for your stupidity or run away and hide

No he didn't. You are full of poo John. Lying comes so naturally to you that you do not even realise you are doing it.

He didn't? Thats funny, the article attributes the quote to him. You have a link with evidence to suggest otherwise FD? Or is this where you pretend again?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #62 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 1:57pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 1:06pm:

From the Chief executive of an employer group that lobbied for the penalty rate cuts in the first place:

Council of Small Business Australia chief executive Peter Strong said the reduction in workers’ pay has been a “waste of time” and had not created one single job.

you're turn FD. .. either provide evidence for your stupidity or run away and hide

No he didn't. You are full of poo John. Lying comes so naturally to you that you do not even realise you are doing it.

He didn't? Thats funny, the article attributes the quote to him. You have a link with evidence to suggest otherwise FD? Or is this where you pretend again?

The article quotes what he actually said. Surely you don't need me to explain the difference between a quote and a lie to you.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:01pm

freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 1:57pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 1:06pm:

The article quotes what he actually said. Surely you don't need me to explain the difference between a quote and a lie to you.

No need, we all know that a lie is what comes out of your mouth.

Keep pretending FD.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #64 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:02pm

Quote:
and had not created one single job.

Can you point out where the article quotes him actually saying this?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:04pm

freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:02pm:
Quote:
and had not created one single job.

Can you point out where the article quotes him actually saying this?

Quote:
   “There’s no extra jobs on a Sunday.

“There’s been no extra hours.
Certainly, I don’t know anyone (who gave workers extra hours).

“It’s been just a waste of time.”

lets see what straws you'll grasp now FD

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:10pm

So, do I really need to point out the difference between what he actually said and what was falsely attributed to him?

Or are you clever enough to figure it out for yourself?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:22pm

freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:10pm:
So, do I really need to point out the difference between what he actually said and what was falsely attributed to him?

Or are you clever enough to figure it out for yourself?

is this where you run away again?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #68 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:35pm

freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:46am:
John Smith wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:40am:
freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:25am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:22am:
Penalty rate cuts have not created one single job

The Commission, in addition to business groups, argued the cuts will lead to economic growth and an increase in jobs and work hours.

However, this week the small business lobby admitted none of that has happened.

“There’s no extra jobs on a Sunday.

“There’s been no extra hours. Certainly, I don’t know anyone (who gave workers extra hours).

“It’s been just a waste of time.”

Greg didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to tell lies on behalf of the union.

And speaking on behalf of unions, he felt no shame in using ignorance as evidence. I expect the irony will be lost.

That was an extract from the chief executive of the council of small business. .. an employer group, not a union, that lobbied for penalty rate cuts in the first place Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Who made this claim?

Quote:
Penalty rate cuts have not created one single job

I'll give you a hint: it was a liar.

The RBA, the Australian bureau of statistics, about 5 or 6 studies and a business group or two..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #69 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 2:42pm

Can you quote them? Or are you telling more lies?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Nov 2nd, 2020 at 6:30am

freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:45am:
From your article:

Quote:
A new analysis finds the lower rates did not lead to significant new jobs

That quote actually supports the argument that penalty rates didn't create one job.....

And the Small Business Council has admitted it.

You are the liar.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Nov 2nd, 2020 at 6:36am

Jest wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:08am:
Dnarever wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 8:56am:
freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 7:57am:
You lied Dna. Being more careful with your union-inspired deception now doesn't change this. Here are two lies you told - that there were more unemployed than there would have been without the rate cuts, and that the job losses were a result of people "voting with their feet".

Dnarever wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 6:47pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 6:39pm:
Quote:
That's funny, I recall hearing the same argument FOR cutting penalty rates. But when rates were cut, it was found that they didn't create a single job ... instead there were more unemployed.

Do you think there were more unemployed than there would have been without the rate cuts?

Yes definitely the loss of jobs was industry specific. People walked and it hurt the industry.

The data shows that employees voted with their feet.

Here is another lie. I am not sure what idiotic logic you use to justify it, but it is still a lie.

Dnarever wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 8:35pm:
There is a mountain of evidence that shows wage increases do not impact employment numbers, the employer side make the claim with every wage increase and when it happens the outcome fails to support this claim.

The reason is that business will employ the number of people that they need. They do not employ people they don't need when wages are low and they do not sack people that they do need when wages increase.

Dnarever wrote on Oct 31st, 2020 at 11:44pm:
Quote:
Who but a unionist would believe that  a company only ever needs a fixed amount of employees

Nobody ever said or inferred this. Obviously the numbers vary. The statement that employers do not employ people they don't need or sack people that they do need has nothing to do with a fixed amount of employees but applies to a snapshot situation. Obviously numbers change as the business changes.

Yes, they will change as the business becomes more or less profitable, for example due to changes in award rates.

Quote:
Two of my statements were labelled as lies but they were both 100% correct.

You lied. Now you are pretending you said something else. Let's make it three of your statements, and you are now following it up with more lies.

Quote:
The lead argument on the topic is built on a faulty foundation.

It is built on the most fundamental and universally accepted principle in economics. You should not even need any formal education in economics to understand it. Yet the unions promote ignorance and self delusion in order to reject this principle.

Quote:
Comment 1: No he is correct. Jobs in these industries went down in this period. That is fact.

You are lying on behalf of the unions. Again. You are changing what was said. Why are you so fond of the unions if they need you to lie constantly on their behalf?

Quote:
Comment 2: An increase to the Australian minimum wage has never seen unemployment increase.

Another lie.

Quote:
You hear these economist statements trotted out by the righties year after year

Having half a brain does not make you right wing. Understanding economics does not make you right wing. You delude yourself again if you think half the population rejects these economic principles with you because they are on the left.

The definition of a lie isn't saying something that you disagree with.

Your Economic theory is just that theory, there are real world examples showing that it does not always work and in some areas it has never worked. Miss-applied theory spread with a wide brush  in areas where it wont apply is dangerous.

The example here is penalty rate reductions.

Here it was not possible to build a business model where employing additional staff or opening for additional hours would be viable based on the dynamics of the change.

Opening hours is more dependant on demand, selling nothing for more hours makes no sense and as stated before employing additional people when you have a full roster operating to an optimal level employing people you do not need makes no sense  (increasing overhead for no gain) unless you can drive up demand or properly justify additional hours.

However reducing peoples take home wage does have an impact at the other end where it will have an adverse impact on productivity and make industry employment less desirable to both current and new employees. More difficult to keep current employees and more difficult to onboard quality new employees with the associated costs and adverse performance dynamics and associated business damage and increased overhead costs.

The basis of your economic theory is not incorrect but the issue is that real life is much more complex. There are always other factors and they are often much more dominant.

In this instance the actual outcome lines up with my belief and not the theoretic result based on a single dynamic.

I really dont understand why anyone bothers with this fool freediver. The guy's a shameless charlatan. Truth doesn't mean anything to him. All he's interested in is spreading his cheap propaganda against the common man. A really hateful character. 

Roll Eyes If only you were even half the fool ey?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 2nd, 2020 at 6:46am

freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 12:26pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 12:10pm:
Things that create unemployment:-

Poor management that results in massive overheads and poor performance in the market.
Inability to stick to the rules that causes company collapse.
Globalising industries so as to ensure incomes for corporations via use of virtual slave and child labour.
Government weakness in standing up to businesses that will not play by the rules.
The mad government concept that by spreading the 'wealth' around, all in the world will one day be 'equal'.
Reduction of genuine employment opportunity through offshoring profits and concentrating profits into 'deadstock' items for tax concession purposes.

Add as you see fit.

Thanks Grapps. Let's add unions to the list. Just is case people think you are trying to change the subject.

Of course ... and don't forget Unions of Employers...

Especially the one that lobbied and succeeded in attaining a cut to employees wages (penalty rates) and then admitted it didn't help create a single job...

It just lined the pockets of the members of that Union of Employers.. aka the Small Business Council of Australia.

You couldn't lie straight in bed FD you hypocrite.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #73 - Nov 2nd, 2020 at 8:32am

Sadly, freediver has gone off the rails and is swallowing whole the BS put about by the employers and their exploitationist minded politician mates - I'm beginning to think he may be a schill for Labor stirring the pot so as to ensure that ScottCo do not get another shot at ruining the place.

schill - zomeone who is taking dirty schilling vor dirty vork

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #74 - Nov 2nd, 2020 at 6:31pm

Gnads wrote on Nov 2nd, 2020 at 6:30am:
freediver wrote on Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:45am:
From your article:

Quote:
A new analysis finds the lower rates did not lead to significant new jobs

That quote actually supports the argument that penalty rates didn't create one job.....

And the Small Business Council has admitted it.

You are the liar.

No it doesn't.

Quote:
Especially the one that lobbied and succeeded in attaining a cut to employees wages (penalty rates) and then admitted it didn't help create a single job...

Liar.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Send Topic Print