Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Unions create unemployment (Read 23763 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Unions create unemployment
Reply #105 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:25pm

Gnads wrote on Nov 10th, 2020 at 4:10pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 10th, 2020 at 3:50pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 6th, 2020 at 8:34pm:
Fd

Why do you lie?

Why do you lie often on here then try to accuse the Boss that he's a liar? Are you trying to be this Forum's mafioso Union rep?

Are you the forums resident Scab?

I and many more others don't need your 'Command' to feed our Families. You can take your Unionised Yankee crap back to the USA and kiss my Confederate of the Federation Star of Australian arse!  Angry F*uck you and your middle-maning of our wages to be compromised so you can float your boat of getting a step up on us all. Even tried to cut into the Mining Sector as their own Business - went ballsup!  Roll Eyes You want the 'Money' $$$ - go for it Union Yankee. That Gold Dollar is nailed on the mast of the ship to whoever sees Moby Dick the White Whale first!! Go on - take it. But remember though - you Grubs who call us Scabs are left with another course of action. Something lost is something gained. So take the money. I'm just not agreeing with you.  Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #106 - Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:28pm

What's worse for a people who serve like Slaves for a Ruler?
Those who seek to be 2nd in charge to enforce some more.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Dec 5th, 2020 at 8:37am

Jasin wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 2:25pm:
Gnads wrote on Nov 10th, 2020 at 4:10pm:
Jasin wrote on Nov 10th, 2020 at 3:50pm:
John Smith wrote on Nov 6th, 2020 at 8:34pm:
Fd

Why do you lie?

Why do you lie often on here then try to accuse the Boss that he's a liar? Are you trying to be this Forum's mafioso Union rep?

Are you the forums resident Scab?

I and many more others don't need your 'Command' to feed our Families. You can take your Unionised Yankee crap back to the USA and kiss my Confederate of the Federation Star of Australian arse!  Angry F*uck you and your middle-maning of our wages to be compromised so you can float your boat of getting a step up on us all. Even tried to cut into the Mining Sector as their own Business - went ballsup!  Roll Eyes You want the 'Money' $$$ - go for it Union Yankee. That Gold Dollar is nailed on the mast of the ship to whoever sees Moby Dick the White Whale first!! Go on - take it. But remember though - you Grubs who call us Scabs are left with another course of action. Something lost is something gained. So take the money. I'm just not agreeing with you.  Tongue

The Brits first

Quote:
The origins of trade unions can be traced back to 18th century Britain, where the rapid expansion of industrial society then taking place drew women, children, rural workers and immigrants into the work force in large numbers and in new roles.

Then the YANKS

Quote:
A labor union is an association of workers formed to negotiate collectively with an employer to protect and further workers rights and interests. Sustained trade union organizing among American workers began in 1794 with the establishment of the first trade union.

It still does take away the fact that your choice not to be in a Union and accept all the benefits regarding wages & conditions and welfare safety nets without contributing makes you a scab.

You don't get to enjoy the benefits of any Sporting/Social club or organisation without paying membership for those benefits.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #108 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 6:18am

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 4th, 2020 at 12:34pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 7:17pm:
Quote:
twist all the evidence presented to him that refutes the BS claim into a useless hair splitting exercise about semantics

If the evidence does not refute my claim, it is not hair splitting Gandalf. i did not ask for evidence that merely "feels" like it refutes my claim. This is a basic union trick, to get people to ignore facts and shout lies loudly enough to delude themselves.

Your claim is simplistic and stupid.

It totally ignores the demonstrated ability of unions to successfully negotiate agreements that counteract such negative impacts as unemployment - like how Australia's unions did when they negotiated the Accord. An agreement that actually reduced unemployment:

Quote:
The first Accord secured for all workers a 4.3% pay rise (September 1983), a 4.1% pay rise (April 1984), and a deferred 2.6% pay rise over the initial 3-year period, improvements in family payments and child care, and the introduction of Medicare. Unemployment also fell from over 10% (in the 2nd quarter of 1983) to just under 8%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prices_and_Incomes_Accord

You say my claim is simplistic and stupid, then follow up by trying to credit unions with that decrease in unemployment? Do you realise how hypocritical that is Gandalf?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #109 - Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:20am

Bad governments create unemployment as a policy base for their personal ideologies....

This may be a proper time to address the Planet Of The Apes, since components of ape behaviour clearly constitute part of the calculated oppression of men in society(ies):-

Have you ever noticed that, give the opportunity, a 'business' person, cult leader, etc, will surround himself with a group of principally females, rather than males. Same applies to politicians and the like, and not just for the obvious reason that it provides a pool of females for them to preen to and even shag,but also for an instinctual public demonstration of his 'power'.

The principal reason behind this is a thing called 'display' - i.e. in this example this 'male' displays personal power by establishing and holding a 'harem' in exactly the same way as the apes do - a clear demonstration that the one who holds the females holds the power, and the others are as nought.

Whether those females are held for purposes of breeding/improving the overall genetic pool has, in the context of 'civilised' society, become irrelevant - so clearly that is not the purpose of retaining a 'harem', particularly since the vast majority of females are already in or are seeking a 'civilised' established and monogamous relationship.  Their actual marital status is irrelevant to the posturing involved in retaining a harem.

Thus it becomes clear that harem-gathering is not the proper way for a civilised man governed by reason and social mores, but is a reversion to the primal instincts of the ape in establishing a harem so as to flaunt his power/prowess in the faces of other men.

This is, of course, the behaviour of the type of man who is distinctly not leadership material in the modern social sense - what aquascoot titles the 'beta men'.   You need only look at the likes of HowardCo with their relentless pursuit of affirmative action for women primarily in the commonwealth public service..... hidden deep within the psyche of the Howard and the unknowing public is the feeling that this is a 'powerful' man since he holds sway over literally thousands of women....and simultaneously over thousands of men who are excluded by this approach to employeeship.... making this the truest definition of Ape behaviour.

Who could argue that a Howard is not, in reality, a 'beta' man who sought to strike out at other men at every opportunity?  This is, after all, the little pr1ck who decided that men struggling on pensions after divorce and loss of home etc should pay $12 a fortnight to their ex-missus so she could travel the world...

We, as a nation and a species, need to seriously consider if this is the kind of 'man' we should be permitting to hold the reins of government and to control such things... because clearly this approach is that of the Ape and not of Man and is absolutely in total control of our civilised portion of Earth at this time  ... therefore it is becoming more and more clear by the day that we do indeed live on The Planet Of The Apes, and not that of Man.

Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to work out how to bring down this failed and primitive structure and replace it with one that will truly be of genuine benefit to all equally.  Of course, you may choose to continue to bury your heads in the sand..... they are your sons and grandsons.....

Your secondary mission is to look around and find out for yourself what other aspects of Primitive Ape behaviour are currently ruining our society. culture and civilisation.....

Jeez, Igor - that slowed 'em down somewhat.... might take 'em a while to digest that one...

'Man is the bridge between Ape and Superman.' - Friedrich Nietzche
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2020 at 2:53pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #110 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 12:19pm

Jesus, Igor - that stunned 'em into silence - either that or they are working on their part of this theme.... takes  brain work and effort.... genius is 90% perspiration you know...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #111 - Dec 18th, 2020 at 7:53pm

Quote:
Bad governments create unemployment as a policy base for their personal ideologies....

Particularly if they don't keep the unions under control.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Dec 19th, 2020 at 8:07am

freediver wrote on Dec 18th, 2020 at 7:53pm:
Quote:

Particularly if they don't keep the unions under control.

Grin Grin Grin What tosh.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #113 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 9:52am

So what do you think Grapps is trying to say? That unions don't create unemployment because "bad governments" do? Can the unions take credit for all the improvements in our standard of living over the last few centuries, while disowning anything they are actually responsible for?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #114 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 10:36am

Australian Unionism nearly scuttled the production of The Hobbit in NZ by Jackson Inc. Australian Actors using the Unionism to get more money - simple as that.
Australian Actors should be grateful for being considered in the first place. Unionism that stops major Industries operating here and creating a 'wealth' of jobs that the Union itself can't offer. Only 'Scab' Employment Agencies find 'Scabs' work.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 11:53am

freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 6:18am:
Quote:
twist all the evidence presented to him that refutes the BS claim into a useless hair splitting exercise about semantics

If the evidence does not refute my claim, it is not hair splitting Gandalf. i did not ask for evidence that merely "feels" like it refutes my claim. This is a basic union trick, to get people to ignore facts and shout lies loudly enough to delude themselves.

It totally ignores the demonstrated ability of unions to successfully negotiate agreements that counteract such negative impacts as unemployment - like how Australia's unions did when they negotiated the Accord. An agreement that actually reduced unemployment:

Quote:
The first Accord secured for all workers a 4.3% pay rise (September 1983), a 4.1% pay rise (April 1984), and a deferred 2.6% pay rise over the initial 3-year period, improvements in family payments and child care, and the introduction of Medicare. Unemployment also fell from over 10% (in the 2nd quarter of 1983) to just under 8%

You say my claim is simplistic and stupid, then follow up by trying to credit unions with that decrease in unemployment? Do you realise how hypocritical that is Gandalf?

and yet gandolfs example shows you were wrong whilst your rants merely show that you are senile ...

isn't it that time in the debate you called someone a liar?
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2020 at 3:59pm by John Smith »  

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 1:59pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 26th, 2020 at 10:36am:
Australian Unionism nearly scuttled the production of The Hobbit in NZ by Jackson Inc. Australian Actors using the Unionism to get more money - simple as that.
Australian Actors should be grateful for being considered in the first place. Unionism that stops major Industries operating here and creating a 'wealth' of jobs that the Union itself can't offer. Only 'Scab' Employment Agencies find 'Scabs' work.

Grin Grin  NZ the Land of the Long White Scab.

You're shearers set the trend & the rest of you have been scabbing off Union won wages & conditions in Australia ever since.

The NZ govt was so good they let all your coastal shipping go to ships of shame & 100's & more Kiwis lost their jobs.

It sold off your railways system to Genesee Wyoming who ran it into the ground, got people killed in the workplace through poor safety practices & then packed up & left .....

then the Govt. had to take control of the Rail again.

Don't point fingers .... there's always 3 pointing back at you.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 2:00pm

John Smith wrote on Dec 26th, 2020 at 11:53am:
freediver wrote on Dec 12th, 2020 at 6:18am:
Quote:

Quote:

and yet gandolfs example shows you were wrong whilst your rants merely show that you are senile ...

isn't it that time in the debate you called someone a lair?

Yeah.... a real mug lair.  Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 3:59pm

Gnads wrote on Dec 26th, 2020 at 2:00pm:
Yeah.... a real mug lair.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

opps.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #119 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 8:21pm

The argument is that higher wages produce higher unemployment.

The much argued right wing sacred horse. That has failed to prove to be correct at every scare campaign.

The other end of the deal even if arguable true in theory is that lower paid word equals higher employment. So you get to have more jobs that are not worth having ?

For the poor worker it is a lose lose proposition.

We recently seen this argument used to say that reducing penalty rates would increase employment - fact is that the exact opposite happened in the real world.

We have also seen stagnant wages over the past 2 + decades a situation that in theory should lead to full employment yet again when put into practice we get failure.

We have an economic area where the outcome almost never matches expectation.

As in the argument that Unions create unemployment the theory is solid but the outcomes fail to line up.

You may ask why ? The thing is that the Union impact is only one variable and not a major one. We have had decades of government interfering in the market producing contrived outcomes and dominating the space.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21
Send Topic Print