Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Special Boat Service strikes! (Read 661 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Special Boat Service strikes!
Oct 26th, 2020 at 11:57am

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Special Boat Service strikes!
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 12:06pm

BZ the SBS...However I see the bleeding hearts making this about oppressed refugees seeking asylum being brutalised by the thugs of the Royal Marines.

Just like the Tampa incident in 2001.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 1:26pm

Belgarion wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 12:06pm:
BZ the SBS...However I see the bleeding hearts making this about oppressed refugees seeking asylum being brutalised by the thugs of the Royal Marines.

Details are a lot lighter than during Tampa, Belgarion. 

Tampa OTOH was the Australian Government being bastards as a dog whistle.  Tampa was the SASR being Government thugs.   They weren't qualified to ascertain the health problems and didn't care about them, they were just ordered to get the Asylum Seekers off the boats onto RAN ships and out of Australian waters.  Bugger the Asylum Seekers, hey?  Bugger our requirements under the UN Refugee Convention.  All so John Winston Howard could wedge the ALP and defeat them at the election.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 5:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 1:26pm:

Tampa OTOH was the Australian Government being bastards as a dog whistle.  Tampa was the SASR being Government thugs.   They weren't qualified to ascertain the health problems and didn't care about them, they were just ordered to get the Asylum Seekers off the boats onto RAN ships and out of Australian waters.  Bugger the Asylum Seekers, hey?  Bugger our requirements under the UN Refugee Convention.  All so John Winston Howard could wedge the ALP and defeat them at the election.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If you want to quote international laws, don't forget the ones that state that people rescued must be taken to the nearest port, which happened to be in Indonesia. Or the ones about piracy, which is what these 'refugees' attempted when the found out they would not be taken to Australia. Or the ones the Norwegian government ignored when refusing to accept the 'refugees' although they were on a Norwegian vessel..... Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 6:02pm

Howard didn't give in to blackmailers like Mutti Merkel did in 2015.

We have no obligation to blackmailers.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:42pm

Frank wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 6:02pm:

Howard didn't give in to blackmailers like Mutti Merkel did in 2015.

Sexism, now, Soren?  Really?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Merkel wasn't being blackmailed by anyone, except Christ.  Afterall, she was the daughter of a Pastor now wasn't she?  She had a better idea of Christian charity than either yourself or Mose or Yadda do.  Tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:45pm

Belgarion wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 5:29pm:

If you want to quote international laws, don't forget the ones that state that people rescued must be taken to the nearest port, which happened to be in Indonesia. Or the ones about piracy, which is what these 'refugees' attempted when the found out they would not be taken to Australia. Or the ones the Norwegian government ignored when refusing to accept the 'refugees' although they were on a Norwegian vessel..... Roll Eyes

Well, there is nothing in the UN Convention on Refugees that suggests anything like that.  As for the "closest port" there was Christmas Island.  Why not go there?   As for "piracy" does that mean you want to string them all up from the yardarm, Belgarion?  Really?   The Norwegian Government was under no obligation to accept them, they were en route to Australia.  QED.   Howard was a bastard, all he wanted was another term in Government.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 10:25am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:45pm:

Well, there is nothing in the UN Convention on Refugees that suggests anything like that.  As for the "closest port" there was Christmas Island.  Why not go there?   As for "piracy" does that mean you want to string them all up from the yardarm, Belgarion?  Really?   The Norwegian Government was under no obligation to accept them, they were en route to Australia.  QED.   Howard was a bastard, all he wanted was another term in Government.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

1. Christmas Island does not have a port..it has a small landing stage that is incapable of handing any ship the size of Tampa.

2. Attempting to take over a ship by force is piracy. Piracy is a crime.

3. Tampa was a Norwegian registered vessel. That makes them Norways responsibility. The fact that the illegals wanted to go to Australia is a reason we must accept them?     Roll Eyes

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 2:15pm

Belgarion wrote on Oct 27th, 2020 at 10:25am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:45pm:

1. Christmas Island does not have a port..it has a small landing stage that is incapable of handing any ship the size of Tampa.

You obviously haven't read the UN Convention on Refugees, Belgarion.  Care to point out a definition of "Port" contained in that Convention?

Quote:
2. Attempting to take over a ship by force is piracy. Piracy is a crime.

They would need a court, a properly convened, legal court to prove it was "piracy".  Where could that occur, except on Australian soil, Belgarion?

Quote:
3. Tampa was a Norwegian registered vessel. That makes them Norways responsibility. The fact that the illegals wanted to go to Australia is a reason we must accept them?     Roll Eyes

Norway's sole responsibility was to deliver them to an Australian Port.  They attempted that only to be refused by a recalcitrant Australian Government.  That was when the Asylum Seekers, who were desperate people attempted desperate measures and forced the ship's captain to sail for Christmas Island.  They didn't need to dock, they just had to be delivered there.  Australia sent the SASR.  Funny that...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Oct 30th, 2020 at 6:58pm

Well - that's pretty normal exercise for the SBS... part of their raison d'etre.  Remember when they boarded a boat carrying drugs and one of the crew was a former SBS guy?  Fortunately for him he had been locked up since he disapproved of drug-running.  Reckons he heard them counting down outside his room through the hull so he knew what was coming down....... then the balloon went up...

Remember my long-standing position that a ship of a sovereign nation at sea constitutes a 'port of entry' wherein any asylum applicant can claim asylum and must be transported ashore at the sovereign nation.

Anyway - some of those SASR guys felt they were spare wheels on the Tampa...armed and ready to feed the poor and check on their well-being.... oh, well... Howard's Way .... dumb as two planks nailed end to end... Howard - not the boys - but he loved to see the name SAS in the news... made him look good and about four inches taller... and gave him an extra 2" on his pudenda...

Politicians worldwide love to show how tough they are by sending in their elite troops...   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2020 at 7:04pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print