Yes    
  10 (50.0%)
No    
  10 (50.0%)

Total votes: 20
« Created by: Brian Ross on: Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:03pm »

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Teaching, the lazy and least accountable job. (Read 4009 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Teaching, the lazy and least accountable job.
Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:59am

Teaching.
Has now become the profession of choice for the lazy, woke and greedy people in Australia.
And since COVID, teachers have shown themselves as self serving and selfish.

Teachers do less than 6 hours a day actual work.
And dont give me the crap about working at home, we all do that but dont whine about it all the time.

4 days a week is spent on teaching, with one day a week for sports, no effort there.

12 weeks plus extra days Paid annual leave, more than any other country.
In many countries the teachers have to find an income during school break.

Now, we have the highest level of illiterate children sitting the HSC since the beginning of the 20th century.
Why?

Well there are several reasons.
Teachers are so busy brainwashing kids to be woke, pathetic apologists that there is little time for real teaching.
Teachers love their free time, so any opportunity for a holiday is grabbed with such fervor that its obscene.
Teaching has become predominantly female, so feminist ideals are beaten into children's heads continually.
The LGBTIQSELFISH mob has infiltrated the teaching profession so deep that it now pushes the grooming of children over actual learning.
So much time and effort is spent brainwashing kids to be woke and trendy, but at the expense of important life empowering skills like reading, writing and arithmetic.

But it still comes back to lazy teachers.
After several months of COVID shutdown, (yet another full pay extended holiday)
Teachers had an opportunity to prove they were contentious and wanted to help students simply by abandoning holidays and helping the kids catch up.
But rather than do this they still had they holidays while the kids struggled.

They could have also done extra hours and extended school days to help the stragglers catch up.
But noooooooo, they dont work more, in fact teachers wouldn't work in an iron lung.

Now we have successive generations of semi literate, woke and under-educated children attempting to join the workforce.
Well, they could always be teachers, it has the lowest entry level requirement of any profession.

And at least the teachers keep their 12 weeks paid leave, and 6 hour days.

If I thought they had a conscience, I would hope it plays on their mind.

Quote:

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Teaching, the lazy and least accountable job.
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:43am

Valkie wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:59am:
Teaching.
Has now become the profession of choice for the lazy, woke and greedy people in Australia.

And dont give me the crap about working at home, we all do that but dont whine about it all the time.

4 days a week is spent on teaching, with one day a week for sports, no effort there.

Now, we have the highest level of illiterate children sitting the HSC since the beginning of the 20th century.
Why?

Teachers are so busy brainwashing kids to be woke, pathetic apologists that there is little time for real teaching.
Teachers love their free time, so any opportunity for a holiday is grabbed with such fervor that its obscene.
Teaching has become predominantly female, so feminist ideals are beaten into children's heads continually.
The LGBTIQSELFISH mob has infiltrated the teaching profession so deep that it now pushes the grooming of children over actual learning.
So much time and effort is spent brainwashing kids to be woke and trendy, but at the expense of important life empowering skills like reading, writing and arithmetic.

Teachers had an opportunity to prove they were contentious and wanted to help students simply by abandoning holidays and helping the kids catch up.

They could have also done extra hours and extended school days to help the stragglers catch up.
But noooooooo, they dont work more, in fact teachers wouldn't work in an iron lung.

Now we have successive generations of semi literate, woke and under-educated children attempting to join the workforce.
Well, they could always be teachers, it has the lowest entry level requirement of any profession.

Quote:

You are a troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

My wife was a classroom teacher for a decade, but had the sense to study and do extra-curricular work in adult training, in order to give herself other options.

She left that as a career in 2001, and has not looked back.

Perhaps you should drive past a school during school holidays. Ever wondered why there will normally be cars there? Yep. Teachers, "programming" for the next term/school year.

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger
- Parents abrogate more responsibility for the discipline of their children*
- Each year those same parents want "lazy" teachers to be "more accountable".
- And each year their pay sucks harder, compared to other "white collar" jobs.

It's telling that - on the couple of occasions my wife put her hand up as a relief teacher during the noughties (when between "proper" job contracts), she was inundated with opportunities.

Plenty of stress-related absenteeism out there in teacher-land.

*the abrogation of responsibility doesn't stop at lack of discipline; there are plenty of kids going to school on empty stomachs these days.

Yet the Teachers are looked at by certain segments of the community (Governments, you) as "lazy" baby sitters.

I'd ask you to walk a mile in their shoes, but you'd need to obtain a B.Ed, first.

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:10am by Mix_Master »  

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:41am

Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

If you had to teach the students of today from Kindy to high school ........

you'd want double what they are currently paid.

It's a schitt of a job only for the dedicated.

Men have left the profession in droves because many of the things you complain about in our society today.

They deserve every penny they earn.

Politicians are like nappies; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.
The most difficult choice a politician must ever make is whether to be a hypocrite or a liar.

IP Logged

Bojack Horseman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:56am

Gnads wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:41am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

If you had to teach the students of today from Kindy to high school ........

you'd want double what they are currently paid.

It's a schitt of a job only for the dedicated.

Men have left the profession in droves because many of the things you complain about in our society today.

They deserve every penny they earn.

At the moment as a teacher, some job security would be nice

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am

The issues with education arise form private schools sucking the public system dry...a conservative objective in dumbing the nation down for the elite to have a workforce on its knees.

This is how trickle down economics work and why Trump likes a dumb audience.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:59am by Pedro Curevo »  

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am

Mix_Master wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:43am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

My wide was a classroom teacher for a decade, but had the sense to study and do extra-curricular work in adult training, in order to give herself other options.

Perhaps you should drive past a school during school holidays. Ever wondered why there will normally be cars there? Yep. Teachers, "programming" for the next term/school year.

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger

It's telling that - on the couple of occasions my wife put her hand up as a relief teacher during the noughties (when between "proper" job contracts), she was inundated with opportunities.

*the abrogation of responsibility doesn't stop at lack of discipline; there are plenty of kids going to school on empty stomachs these days.

Yet the Teachers are looked at by certain segments of the community (Governments, you) as "lazy" baby sitters.

I'd ask you to walk a mile in their shoes, but you'd need to obtain a B.Ed, first.

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes

Actually it's very easy for the kind of teacher Valkie described to  inhabit the public school system.

No ancient history here, my 1st born is in year in year 8 now and in her 7 years in primary at a school in a high socio-economic area with great resources and no behavioural issues to contend with, a hand full of the teachers were useless and lazy. One was addict to social media and candy crush and gave the kids no work or homework. It took 9 months to get rid of that one.

Most teachers I would rate as box tickers, a hand full were great and 3 were exceptional.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:28am

Pedro Curevo wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am:
The issues with education arise form private schools sucking the public system dry...a conservative objective in dumbing the nation down for the elite to have a workforce on its knees.

This is how trickle down economics work and why likes a dumb audience.

BS

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:57am

Gordon wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

My wide was a classroom teacher for a decade, but had the sense to study and do extra-curricular work in adult training, in order to give herself other options.

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes

Actually it's very easy for the kind of teacher Valkie described to  inhabit the public school system.

No ancient history here, my 1st born is in year in year 8 now and in her 7 years in primary at a school in a high socio-economic area with great resources and no behavioural issues to contend with, a hand full of the teachers were useless and lazy. One was addict to social media and candy crush and gave the kids no work or homework. It took 9 months to get rid of that one.

Most teachers I would rate as box tickers, a hand full were great and 3 were exceptional.

They inhabit every workplace.

Politicians are like nappies; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.
The most difficult choice a politician must ever make is whether to be a hypocrite or a liar.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:34am

Gnads wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:57am:
Gordon wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes

They inhabit every workplace.

Moreso when an employee's performance is decoupled from their employment security.

IBI

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:41am

Jeez - and I remember in the sixties we had only one 'brick' of a teacher..... taught English.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:50am

You must be a very, very happy person Valkie.*

* As they say: "Ignorance is bliss."  Wink

Understand this: things are now in motion that cannot be undone.
Try my Proboards address if you like.
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:57am

Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:41am:
Jeez - and I remember in the sixties we had only one 'brick' of a teacher..... taught English.

My maths teacher sat on her desk with her legs arranged in a way that could not even be close to accidental which gave us all a nice view of a greater than symbol rotated 90 degrees.

IBI

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:02am

The coalition wants to build on a regressive and divisive society...it is why they want a US style education system, already they have raised Uni fees to record levels so that the lower classes will not be able to afford higher education.

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:10am by Pedro Curevo »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:18am

I am certain that teaching is a very stressful job.
I have known many teachers who would all attest to that.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Carl Sagan

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:23am

Pedro Curevo wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:02am:
The coalition wants to build on a regressive and divisive society...it is why they want a US style education system, already they have raised Uni fees to record levels so that the lower classes will not be able to afford higher education.

90% of school students in USA attended public schools.

Do you know what you're actually trying to say or just spouting Communist party dot points?

IBI

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #15 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 1:31pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:57am:
Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:41am:

My maths teacher sat on her desk with her legs arranged in a way that could not even be close to accidental which gave us all a nice view of a greater than symbol rotated 90 degrees.

You lucky bastard.... we had a lovely French teacher and she got married and preggers - the library lady was a beaut - I was her favourite.. the whole male school cried when she got engaged... their dreams were shattered and rampaging all night about what they were up to...

I came from a primary school where we were taught to be polite... when I kept calling the teacher Miss Smith - she said - please don't call me Miss all the time... I said "No, Miss" .... just couldn't help it, Sir.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 1:35pm

Mind you - teaching was once an honoured profession - now of course with the twin advents of feminism and the Occupation of the schoolroom by Socio-Fascists, and the introduction of masses of non-conforming Efnics wif a chip on their shoulder and a sense of Entitlement™ - teachers no longer get any respect.

Jeez - nobody would have challenged to Maths head at our school to a beheading contest... they'd have been frog-marched into detention and caned so fast their Mama wouldn't get time to say they were good (insert ethnic group) boy.....  he were a big lad... had the honour of having caned a girl... so no nonsense there...

― John Adams

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 2:39pm

very hard to bounce out of bed , super motivated and with a plan, when you are a public servant.

dont know what the answer is .

it would be hard to quantify pay for performance in teaching.

its the great dilema of the socialist way of paying people (which just doesnt work).

young passionate teachers , young passionate police usually end  up jaded and lose their enthusiasm because they have slacker colleagues who get paid the same and that eats away at them

contrast that with some one starting in real estate or as a plumber or a fencer or as an accountant.

you get to compete with all the other realestate agents and plumbers and fencers and accountants in your area and it drives you to offer great service, build your reputation, go the extra mile, be passionate about improving your business, learn new skills, work on weekends.

in essence, working for yourself or in a small business just puts you in an upward spiral where you get to CRUSH that colleague in the same industry who isnt putting in.  you get to DEMOLISH the opposition and reap the rewards which are really unlimited.

i could not imagine, sitting in a tea room with demotivated fat lazy colleagues and then going and collecting the same pay cheque at the end of the week.

i think , if you do that, you are setting yourslef up to be a bitter resentful failure in life.
if one of my kids went into a career where they just got an hourly rate, i would be mortified

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Save the butterflies

Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 3:17pm

Do any of you idiots actually know a teacher? Know of the workload, know of the courses they do in the school holidays?

Doubt it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of the
Maximegalon Institute

Reply #19 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 4:34pm

*SIGH*

Valkie is a troll.  Don't bother replying to him.  It simply encourages him.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone wrote 8:4on Apr 27th, 2008:
So if the extremists are right and Islam...is antithetical to democracy, how do you account for countries with a majority muslim population that [are democratic?]
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #20 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 4:34pm:
*SIGH*

Valkie is a troll.  Don't bother replying to him.  It simply encourages him.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I state fact, in bwyannnmnnn's small mind that equates to being a troll.

I have 4 grandchildren in school.

The teachers I have met there are a wast of oxygen.

Focussing on abbo rights, feminism, climate change and now Trump.

The poor kids are not being taught basic math, science or reading skills.

Sounding out words and doing math logically is beyond the teachers abilities.

I have been teaching my grandkids math and getting them interested in reading and comprehension.

They are blitzing their class, who are suffering badly.

But my post wasn't about these pathetic drones.

It's about the teaching profession as a whole.

Teachers had several weeks free from working, staying at home.

But they insisted on still having their holidays, rather than foregoing them to help the kids, especially the HSC kids.

They could also have put in extra hours to help out, but the lazy so and SOS, just ignored any possibility of help.

Back 30 plus years ago, we had a teacher who stayed back 3 days a week to help out kids struggling.
In his own time.
And he wasn't alone, there were others who also put in the hours.
They were professionals, dedicated and hard working.

Unlike the deadbeats today.
Who wouldn't put in an extra minute if their lives depended on it

The education system has become a cesspit of lazy, greedy useless bludgers.
The lowest entry requirement of any profession, and it shows.
More interested in woke crap, political posturing and holidays.

And men leave the profession because the feminazi have taken over and attack men because they are afraid of them.

Emasculation of males is their aim.

When students cannot do math, read properly, comprehend literature or write legibly,  there is a serious problem with the education system.

And teachers play a huge part.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #21 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:27pm

I must look in on my grand children to see what they are being taught.

Their dad and auntie both got scholarships to a private college - pretty smart - and the kids are, too... but I would seriously like to know what their curriculum is and whether my grand-daughters are being taught about anal as normal.

They can choose their sexual preferences and their gender preferences when they grow up.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #22 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:28pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 3:17pm:
Do any of you idiots actually know a teacher? Know of the workload, know of the courses they do in the school holidays?

Doubt it.

Known a few of them - some in the biblical sense...  (hoo-rah)

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #23 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:57pm

Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:27pm:
I must look in on my grand children to see what they are being taught.

Their dad and auntie both got scholarships to a private college - pretty smart - and the kids are, too... but I would seriously like to know what their curriculum is and whether my grand-daughters are being taught about anal as normal.

They can choose their sexual preferences and their gender preferences when they grow up.

Be prepared for a shock

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #24 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:01pm

Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:28pm:

Doubt it.

3 of my family went into teaching

two left after things started to go to shite

one is still there as a headmistress, and she really puts in the effort.
But is seriously angry at what passes for teachers today

2 doors down is a teacher, lives by herself and is a feminazi extreme.

Everyone in the street avoids her

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #25 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:05pm

Despite the money funding increases to the education systems Australia as with the US both have falling education benchmarks while increasing higher education fees.

Some blame the teachers, others blame the LGBTQ community, or some will blame the kids and computer games, some its a communist plot, as is the want of governments to have distractions rather than face the facts and tell the people the truth...its the gap between the rich and poor is increasing as is poverty, families in poverty create kids less able to cope with schooling.

Countries with social equality with better paid and teaching is respected profession  such as Finland, Singapore, South Korea have higher benchmark reached by students.

Unbridled capitalism that conservatism embraces with trickle down econ0omics creates division with social inequality, poor education benchmarks and poor health systems....unless your rich in a user pays society.

IP Logged

J.D.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:05pm

Teaches have way to many holidays, the bludgers should go and do a days work in a brick layers boots, look at moi i am a teacher i deserve more holidays than anyone.

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #27 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:40pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:01pm:
Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:28pm:

Doubt it.

3 of my family went into teaching

two left after things started to go to shite

one is still there as a headmistress, and she really puts in the effort.
But is seriously angry at what passes for teachers today

2 doors down is a teacher, lives by herself and is a feminazi extreme.

Everyone in the street avoids her

This is what is permitted near children.... lunatics who would once have been placed in an institution..... now they are free range in every aspect of society.. and are even handed special privilege in such areas as public service etc.. they actively employ nutters as a policy...  I know - I married one who was working for Bob Carr.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 6:05am

Doubt it.

I actually posted in support of teachers .....

you ought be more specific who you're calling an idiot. Angry

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #29 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 6:55am

Teachers and the teachers federation should do what their job is.....to teach.

Parenting is a parents job, Teachers and the teachers federation should butt out and do what they are paid for...
TO TEACH NOT TWIST YOUNG MINDS INTO SICK TWISTED IDEAS THAT SICK TWISTED FREAKS ADHERE TO

Quote:
NSW public school teachers were being given official lessons in how to teach gender fluidity to pupils — and told parents should not be informed if a student “comes out” because it would not be “safe” and students require “a bit of privacy”.
Video obtained by MP Mark Latham of an official webinar teacher course run by the NSW Teachers Federation uses an image of an androgynous child to claim “gender is a social construct” and promote lessons in gender fluidity, despite a ministerial ban.
It even suggests teachers put up a “Transgender Flag” in classrooms, bring LGBTQI issues into maths lessons and take children on excursions to the Sydney Aquarium to see two “gay penguin dads” raise a chick.
It explicitly states teachers should bring “LGBTQI issues into the curriculum”.
Teachers are told to look up resources hosted by the union, including links to articles from Minus18 on how children can “tuck your penis”, “buy breast binders online” and “penis pack”, which is described as “pretty much a penis shaped object to pack downstairs for bottom dysphoria”.
Mr Latham slammed the lessons, delivered in August, as an “appalling” denial of parental rights and said gender fluidity should not be brought into the curriculum.
“It’s a deliberate strategy to keep the parents in the dark, that somehow the teachers are more important than the parents in guiding the wellbeing of the children,” he said. He plans to air the video at an upcoming parliamentary education inquiry.
Last night Education Minister Sarah Mitchell said she already asked the curriculum body NESA, which accredits the courses, to do a full review in July.
“Safe Schools has never been part of the NSW school curriculum and we do not promote it,” she said.
A NESA spokeswoman said the union had removed the course in September and it had not originally been included in the sample of courses NESA reviewed for endorsement.
In the video, NSW Teachers Federation trainer Mel Smith gives the teacher audience a quiz on how to respond if a student “comes out” to them.
“We don’t refer the students to the student counsellor just because they’ve come out,” she said.
“Of course it’s not OK to call people’s parents because it may not be safe for that child if their parents know, it could put them in an unsafe situation, it could mean they get kicked out of home. And certainly also the child is able to have a bit of privacy.”
Earlier, she uses a drawing of an androgynous child in undies, and adds a cap, ponytails and tutu dress to show that “gender is a social construct”.
“Gender itself is how I internally feel inside,” Ms Smith says. She also advocates using a gender non-specific language in the classroom.
“If you have a maths problem, asking a question around statistics and different types of families, not just George and his mum and dad go to wherever, it could be Georgia and her two mums, so mixing it up,” she said.

Quote:
Teachers think they’re parents
As data repeatedly shows, our children are falling behind the educational standards being achieved in many other countries.
This is enormously significant because in a globalised economy, our children will eventually be competing for jobs with children internationally who have better skills.
So you would think that at present the NSW Teachers Federation would be solely focused on raising teaching standards.
Instead, the federation is running an online course instructing teachers how to explain gender fluidity to pupils.
Even worse, the course informs teachers that children who feel they have serious gender issues should not reveal their business to parents.
“It’s a deliberate strategy to keep the parents in the dark, that somehow the teachers are more important than the parents in guiding the wellbeing of the children,” MP Mark Latham told The Daily Telegraph.
“Of course it’s not OK to call people’s parents,” NSW Teachers Federation trainer Mel Smith says in the online course, explaining how teachers should react to a student’s gender or sexual concerns.
“It may not be safe for that child if their parents know. It could put them in an unsafe situation. It could mean they get kicked out of home.
“And certainly also the child is able to have a bit of privacy.”
They may not be anywhere near as numerate or literate as many students educated overseas, but at least our kids will be fully gender-aware.
At a legal level, the Teachers Federation appears to have not thought this through.
If teachers take on responsibilities for such personal issues as gender and sex, and withhold information from parents, teachers may become legally liable for any decisions subsequently taken by students.
There are many cases where individuals have chosen at a young age to undergo sex change operations and then regretted their decisions.
Yet the most worrying line in all of this is that parents should not be informed of their own children’s gender issues because it could put children “in an unsafe situation”.
The Teachers Federation is plainly placing teachers above parents in the care-giving hierarchy. This is an abomination.
Teachers should teach. And our kids really need teaching.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #30 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 11:58am

Doubt it.

Attacking teachers and tertiary education has just become part of the culture wars.
The Murdoch media have been campaigning against them for years now, especially when that Right Wing Western Values course was rejected.
I wouldn't take too much notice of Valkie or Aqua. They are just useful idiots for the Neo Conservatives

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #31 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 1:22pm

Quote:
Teaching, the lazy and least accountable job.

I would think that a balance view would find this to be untrue.

Having said that there are some very ordinary teachers and even the majority may be average. Fact is that it pretty much echoes the workforce in general not better not worse.

In fact maybe a little better as there are some fantastic educators even a lot of them. The majority of students likely come across one or two. Still there are a lot of Good and very competent teachers in the system and the majority do really care.

I have to admit that two worst educators I came across the problem wasn't with care or effort, they just couldn't teach what they knew.

If I went into teaching I would likely be the same, I suspect that I would be no good at it - it is very difficult.

The big issue may be more like the distribution of the best teachers and the reservoirs of poor teaching. This isn't an issue for sites like this but for significant education departments capable of driving meaningful reform.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #32 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:21pm

Pedro Curevo wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:05pm:
Despite the money funding increases to the education systems Australia as with the US both have falling education benchmarks while increasing higher education fees.

Some blame the teachers, others blame the LGBTQ community, or some will blame the kids and computer games, some its a communist plot, as is the want of governments to have distractions rather than face the facts and tell the people the truth...its the gap between the rich and poor is increasing as is poverty, families in poverty create kids less able to cope with schooling.

Countries with social equality with better paid and teaching is respected profession  such as Finland, Singapore, South Korea have higher benchmark reached by students.

Unbridled capitalism that conservatism embraces with trickle down econ0omics creates division with social inequality, poor education benchmarks and poor health systems....unless your rich in a user pays society.

In those countries teachers are professional.
Work longer hours and respect themselves and their students.
Students look up to the teachers who do their up Most to be a good example.
And
They have far less holidays.

Teachers in Australia have had it too easy for far too long.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bojack Horseman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:32pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:21pm:
Pedro Curevo wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:05pm:

In those countries teachers are professional.
Work longer hours and respect themselves and their students.
Students look up to the teachers who do their up Most to be a good example.
And
They have far less holidays.

Teachers in Australia have had it too easy for far too long.

Least try and back that up with facts

https://data.oecd.org/teachers/teaching-hours.htm Our teachers  work about 200 more hours a year than Finnish teachers,  but ours are paid more

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Save the butterflies

Reply #34 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:35pm

Teachers are just an easy target for those wanting to blame someone for something.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #35 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:37pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 11:58am:

Doubt it.

Attacking teachers and tertiary education has just become part of the culture wars.
The Murdoch media have been campaigning against them for years now, especially when that Right Wing Western Values course was rejected.
I wouldn't take too much notice of Valkie or Aqua. They are just useful idiots for the Neo Conservatives

Teachers and the education system have one job to do.

Teach children how to read, write and do math.
Expand on that a little with life skills to ensure they survive an unforgiving world.

But they can't even get that right.
Who is at fault when after 12 years of being taught, the students are still functionally illiterate?

Be honest, teachers should get it right after 12 years surely.

Have any of you ever given a school leaver exact change so tgat you get a full note back.
For example.
The bill comes to $20.45
So you give them $50.00 and 50 cents. TO GET $30.00 change.

They are stuffed, can't work it out, sometimes they even call in their manager.
I have even been advised that they don't do that........WTF?

The teachers blame the parents, the kids, mobile phones etc etc.
But when it all comes down to it, it's the teachers responsibility to teach them this simple task.

And while we are on it.
The LGBTIQSELFISH mob grooming children through the education system MUST STOP

Sack the deadbeats promoting this rubbish and send them to Afghanistan where they can promote their ideals in a more receptive environment.   PLEASE.

Then the teachers teach the kids that they have all these rights.
That gender is in the mind
That the kids should be all pussy whipped and weaklings.
Never sticking up for themselves, but crying like a pathetic excuse for a human, rather than toughening up.

When we went to school, if you had a fight and came home crying to dad, he'd thump you for being a pussy.
Toughen up was the lesson, or are teachers now building a pack of weaklings who bow down to any and all.

No wonder the poor little dears are topping themselves.

The teachers have so much to answer for.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bojack Horseman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #36 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:46pm

Who is at fault when after 12 years of being taught, the students are still functionally illiterate?

Again facts here
https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/children-youth/australias-children/contents/educ...

Functional literacy has increased.

Why do we have a bunch of dickheads on here who just post random poo ignoring all the evidence?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #37 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:56pm

Bojack Horseman wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:46pm:

Again facts here
https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/children-youth/australias-children/contents/educ...

Why do we have a bunch of dickheads on here who just post random poo ignoring all the evidence?

Yes, and the grubberment stats never lie?

HSC students finding difficulty in the HSC because of literacy issues.
These are true facts, not modified stats.

Teachers don't want the kids doing NAPLAN testing, because it shows such poor results.

And out in the real world.
Kids cannot do basic addition and subtraction in their minds.
They can't comprehend a simple conceptual paper.
They have difficulty completing a job application.

I have interviewed quite a few school leavers for jobs in my industry.
Many were incapable of even considering engineering as a profession.
Some had no idea that you were at work for 8 hours a day and that the 1/2 hour for lunch was unpaid.
And 4 weeks a year annual leave was a nightmare to them.

Yep, teachers are doing a great job.......not

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of the
Maximegalon Institute

Reply #38 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:02pm

Because they are trolls?  Don't reply to them.  It robs them of oxygen.  They will die then.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So if the extremists are right and Islam...is antithetical to democracy, how do you account for countries with a majority muslim population that [are democratic?]
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of the
Maximegalon Institute

Reply #39 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:03pm

Poll added.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:29pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:56pm:
n.

Some had no idea that you were at work for 8 hours a day and that the 1/2 hour for lunch was unpaid.

Thats kind of strange, Ive interviewed quite a few young people for work and not one of them were not aware the normal day was 8 hours, some of them even stuck their hand up for more hours at the job interview. And they were all aware that the conditions of a full time  job were far different to contract and casual work. Is this another of your convenient personal anecdotes Valkie that didnt really happen?

IP Logged

Bojack Horseman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:43pm

Again facts here

Yes, and the grubberment stats never lie?

HSC students finding difficulty in the HSC because of literacy issues.
These are true facts, not modified stats.

Teachers don't want the kids doing NAPLAN testing, because it shows such poor results.

And out in the real world.
Kids cannot do basic addition and subtraction in their minds.
They can't comprehend a simple conceptual paper.
They have difficulty completing a job application.

Yet I'm supposed to believe you as an  "expert"?

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 6:36pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 2:37pm:

Doubt it.

Expand on that a little with life skills to ensure they survive an unforgiving world.

Have any of you ever given a school leaver exact change so tgat you get a full note back.
For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

I have even been advised that they don't do that........WTF?

The teachers blame the parents, the kids, mobile phones etc etc.
But when it all comes down to it, it's the teachers responsibility to teach them this simple task.

And while we are on it.
The LGBTIQSELFISH mob grooming children through the education system MUST STOP

Sack the deadbeats promoting this rubbish and send them to Afghanistan where they can promote their ideals in a more receptive environment.   PLEASE.

Then the teachers teach the kids that they have all these rights.
That gender is in the mind
That the kids should be all pussy whipped and weaklings.
Never sticking up for themselves, but crying like a pathetic excuse for a human, rather than toughening up.

When we went to school, if you had a fight and came home crying to dad, he'd thump you for being a pussy.
Toughen up was the lesson, or are teachers now building a pack of weaklings who bow down to any and all.

No wonder the poor little dears are topping themselves.

The teachers have so much to answer for.

Are you absolutely sure?

Or - like the Leper - are you leaving them a "tip"?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 6:39pm

I'm calling BULLSHIT.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 7:03pm

Mix_Master wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 6:36pm:
[quote author=Jovial_Abbott link=1603227594/18#18 date=1603257425]Do any of you idiots actually know a teacher? Know of the workload, know of the courses they do in the school holidays?

Doubt it.

I notice a few nasty old people do that. Seen them piddle around taking 5 minutes to pay at the register any number of times. The problem is they normally hand over the change after the clerk has already calculated the change from the initial note handed over, they do this because they know it will confuse the clerk who has to recalculate the change again. I bet you are one of these deliberately disruptive nasty old people who enjoys humiliating retail clerks.

Quote:
For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

Only its $30.05 you get back, so you got that little bit of annoying change anyway, but meanwhile you have given the 20 normal people in the queue behind you the sh1ts and managed  to fluster the clerk with the rapidly changing way you want to pay. Thats so you can feel smug and superior isnt it?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 7:04pm

rhino wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 7:03pm:
Only its $30.05 you get back,

Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #46 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 7:57pm

While other nations kids are racing ahead in Australia (and US) education standards are in decline, including amongst the brightest kids .....yet in countries where education is free the kids such as in Finland are the brightest in the world.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #47 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:01am

John Smith wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 6:39pm:

I'm calling BULLSHIT.

Yes, you always do.

You socks like big stupid one horned animal, yourself, bwyannnnnnn and the like

None of whom have even seen anything REAL in your pathetic life will understand a thing called experience.

When you decide to get a job, work hard, become proficient at your job, travel the world and gain some experience.

You too may understand that everything isnt within 2 blocks of your parents house.

You have never done anything with your life, this is blatantly obvious as it is with the other sock big stupid one horned animal.

So I laugh at you and your pathetic posturing.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #48 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:07am

[quote author=Jovial_Abbott link=1603227594/18#18 date=1603257425]Do any of you idiots actually know a teacher? Know of the workload, know of the courses they do in the school holidays?

Doubt it.

I notice a few nasty old people do that. Seen them piddle around taking 5 minutes to pay at the register any number of times. The problem is they normally hand over the change after the clerk has already calculated the change from the initial note handed over, they do this because they know it will confuse the clerk who has to recalculate the change again. I bet you are one of these deliberately disruptive nasty old people who enjoys humiliating retail clerks.

Quote:
For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

Only its $30.05 you get back, so you got that little bit of annoying change anyway, but meanwhile you have given the 20 normal people in the queue behind you the sh1ts and managed  to fluster the clerk with the rapidly changing way you want to pay. Thats so you can feel smug and superior isnt it?

Im sorry that you feel that way.

Or at least sorry that your sock master feels that way.

I prefer to have to carry less change around, so I prefer to hand back some of the change to keep notes in my wallet.

After all, isnt that what change is for?

Or should I just continually collect more and more change?

I realise that you dont have any money, other than the dole.

So you dont have any idea about cash.

As for holding people up

If the kids could do basic addition and subtraction, it would be far quicker.

The fact that teachers cannot teach them simple math is the problem, not me wanting to keep change at a minimum.

Fool

You poll isnt doing real well.

Only the socks appear to be participating.

Isnt that a personal attack anyway?
Perhaps a month or two on the sidelines would do uyou some good.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:30am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:03pm:
Poll added.

Yeah pharque off with your bs poll. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:36am

""#

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:41am

Doubt it.

Quote:
For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

They don't calculate anything ...... the till does it for them.

That's why giving them the change pharques them up.

All they have to do is cancel the calculation & the machine will redo it & tell them how much change to give.

A result of allowing calculators & laptops into the classroom.

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #52 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:46am

It's what they are teaching that is failing Australia - an education system still lingering in the Northern Hemisphere and unable to grasp the 'humanities' of being in Australia and it's unique primal need. Students eventually have to take their Skills and Degrees and work over-seas or for 'Foreign' Companies here - because Australia seems not able to provide them a future.

Maybe Lock Down, will change things for the better here?  Wink

You might find that Humanities is the most important subject. For if each student wrote a book. The students who studied Humanities might have a 'higher' presentation and style than the rest and make for a better selling read.

...much like Carl Sagan's 'Humanities' style of presentation - able to translate Science/Astronomy/etc for the Mainstream Audience.

At the moment, Humanities is a thorn in the University side.

Bubbles

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #53 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:48am

I don't consider Valkie a Troll. He mostly attacks the 'issue' - not the Member.

...even Akkadians have the right to fight Persians alongside Spartans.
At least he fights against Persians and tyranny.
He's just a little Aussie 'Snowy' going off to fight in a foreign land he doesn't want to be in. Only home.

Bubbles

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #54 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:49am

Gnads wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:30am:
Poll added.

Exactly.  It isn't even a poll about the subject, i.e. Teaching!!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #55 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:12am

Neferti wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:49am:
Poll added.

Its about the person that made such a disgusting topic just to bait

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #56 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:48am

"I notice a few nasty old people do that."

**counts change, looks for more around house... that'll stuff 'em!**

Actually I often hand over a heap of change for a beer at the club and the young staff have no trouble counting out the right amount.  I suppose they're just smarter here than in Queenslund and in the Big Smoke...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #57 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:53am

Choosing which supermarket checkout line will be fastest.
Old biddy with 5 things or young person with a full trolley.

IBI

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:59am

Gordon wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:53am:

What you young wallies don't get is that the 'old biddies' are doing it on purpose,

They have a sneaky look behind them to see the tapping feet, folded arms, skyward looks, heeheehee...

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 9:04am

JaSin. wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:46am:
It's what they are teaching that is failing Australia - an education system still lingering in the Northern Hemisphere and unable to grasp the 'humanities' of being in Australia and it's unique primal need. Students eventually have to take their Skills and Degrees and work over-seas or for 'Foreign' Companies here - because Australia seems not able to provide them a future.

Maybe Lock Down, will change things for the better here?  Wink

You might find that Humanities is the most important subject. For if each student wrote a book. The students who studied Humanities might have a 'higher' presentation and style than the rest and make for a better selling read.

...much like Carl Sagan's 'Humanities' style of presentation - able to translate Science/Astronomy/etc for the Mainstream Audience.

At the moment, Humanities is a thorn in the University side.

Humanities is one of the biggest BS uni subjects that can be taken.

The chances of employment in that field are very slim.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 9:05am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:12am:
Neferti wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:49am:
Poll added.

Its about the person that made such a disgusting topic just to bait

Spot

And you can get further down the street with him.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 9:05am

##

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #62 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 10:47am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:02pm:

Because they are trolls?  Don't reply to them.  It robs them of oxygen.  They will die then.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Poll added.

I disagree, I don't think Valkie is a troll
Trolls are people like lee, Aqua and Freediver who deliberately misrepresent arguments
I think Valkie and Mechanic are far more likely to have mental health issues

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 1:56pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:07am:

Doubt it.

Quote:
For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

Im sorry that you feel that way.

Or at least sorry that your sock master feels that way.

I prefer to have to carry less change around, so I prefer to hand back some of the change to keep notes in my wallet.

After all, isnt that what change is for?

Or should I just continually collect more and more change?

I realise that you dont have any money, other than the dole.

So you dont have any idea about cash.

As for holding people up

If the kids could do basic addition and subtraction, it would be far quicker.

The fact that teachers cannot teach them simple math is the problem, not me wanting to keep change at a minimum.

Fool

You poll isnt doing real well.

Only the socks appear to be participating.

Isnt that a personal attack anyway?
Perhaps a month or two on the sidelines would do uyou some good.
Who would have guessed you would roll out your "sock puppet" claims when shown to be a fool (again). How is substituting one coin for another coin somehow "less change". Think its your basic math thats not up to scratch mate.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 1:59pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:41am:

Doubt it.

Quote:
For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

They don't calculate anything ...... the till does it for them.

That's why giving them the change pharques them up.

All they have to do is cancel the calculation & the machine will redo it & tell them how much change to give.

A result of allowing calculators & laptops into the classroom.

So you are saying that as a result of allowing calculators in schools they cant use calculators? Not one of your best thought out responses is it?

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #65 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 2:03pm

The Heartless Felon wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:59am:

What you young wallies don't get is that the 'old biddies' are doing it on purpose,

They have a sneaky look behind them to see the tapping feet, folded arms, skyward looks, heeheehee...

Now that, Poppets - is a mental issue, this reading into little old ladies struggling with everyday life and maybe confused a bit as being nasty and calculated fiends out to get you.

Maybe you should just knock 'em on the head and push 'em out of the way.  Silly old biddies can't see that twelve items means twelve and not thirteen - and FCS have your money/card ready in a flash even if your arthritic wrists make you slow to open your security purse you need to keep the twerps out of it.

Bloody Hell...

"Very good, Number One - broadsides the moment we clear the smokescreen.  Keep 'em off balance..."

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2020 at 2:10pm by Ye Grappler »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #66 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 2:08pm

Nah, nah - if I give you two ten cent coins and four five cent coins, that's less than two twenty centers isn't it?  Twenty centers are worth more... easy!!

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #67 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 4:15pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:18am:
I am certain that teaching is a very stressful job.
I have known many teachers who would all attest to that.

Teaching is stressful because the teachers are somewhat accountable for the safety and security of the students. High school in particular as the students there know enough about the law to know that they can only be held liable for certain things until they reach 16 years of age. Teachers have to be careful about what they say or do. But, usually, if there is a problem between the teacher and student, the school will side with the teacher.

.-- .... -.-- / -.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of the
Maximegalon Institute

Reply #68 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 5:21pm

Queuing theory has it that the young person will be faster, despite the greater number of items in their trolley.  Old biddies tend to be slower moving...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #69 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:30pm

More proof that teachers are seriously undereducated.

They cut an exam short because the teacher called time early, very early.

Probably couldn't read analog time and got all confused.

But the important things matter in school now days.
How to penis tuck
How to divorce your parents.
76 gender identification
LGBTIQSELFISH rights
Bowing down to backward, lazy people.
How to protest climate change and bow down to a retard.

Yep.
Reading, comprehension.
Writing legibly
Addition, subtraction and that real hard one .....multiplication.

These are not really necessary as long as you know your place.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:34pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:01am:

I'm calling BULLSHIT.

Yes, you always do.

Thats because you're full of crap ...

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #71 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:39pm

Quote:
   Who would have guessed you would roll out your "sock puppet" claims when shown to be a fool (again). How is substituting one coin for another coin somehow "less change". Think its your basic math thats not up to scratch mate.    

Your stupidity is showing again beg stupid one horned animal.

The change from $50.00 woukd have been
A $20.00 bill
A $5.00 bill
Two $2.00 coins
A 50c coin
A 5c coin

In other words, more loose change that
A $20.00 note
A $10.00 note
A 5c coin.

But I guess you don't have the cerebral capacity to work that out.

Do you.........troll.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #72 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:43pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 10:47am:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:02pm:

Poll added.

I disagree, I don't think Valkie is a troll
Trolls are people like lee, Aqua and Freediver who deliberately misrepresent arguments
I think Valkie and Mechanic are far more likely to have mental health issues

The only mental health issue I have

Is trying to educate the trolls and morons in this forum to a level of vague competency.

Sadly, I'm unsuccessful in most cases.

Probably because the school system has not taught children how to comprehend even simple concepts.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:45pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:39pm:

Do you.........troll.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #74 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:51pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:45pm:

Do you.........troll.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

I'm assuming you are attempting to make some point about 5c?

What do you do with your 5c change?

I generally toss mine in the charity bucket.

The point (and I'm writing this slowly so you can understand it)

I didn't want a fist full of change, when I could have two notes.

Now run along, back to your sock master and try again.

Fool.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:10pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:51pm:

gee, you think?

For those that are a little slow, I'll explain it for you.

You probably shouldn't questions someones cerebral capacity when your own has been shown wanting, especially when it's with something so basic as counting out the correct change ... the very thing you were whinging about  Grin Grin Grin Grin

irrelevant

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:28pm

Do you.........troll.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

Fool.
You calculated your change incorrectly despite accusing other people of being unable to calculate correctly.  Cheesy

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:30pm

Imagine being the teacher of Valkies kids, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #78 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 7:50am

John Smith wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:10pm:

gee, you think?

For those that are a little slow, I'll explain it for you.

You probably shouldn't questions someones cerebral capacity when your own has been shown wanting, especially when it's with something so basic as counting out the correct change ... the very thing you were whinging about  Grin Grin Grin Grin

irrelevant

Sad little troll.

You have stuffed up and are still trying to justify your stupidity.

A fistfull of change is what the post was about.

Not a 5c piece.

If you dont comprehend that, its you who is cerebrally challenged.

If you cannot make a valid point

Go and find someone else to troll with all your other socks.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #79 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 7:51am

rhino wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 7:28pm:

Do you.........troll.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

For example.
The bill comes to $20.45

Fool.
You calculated your change incorrectly despite accusing other people of being unable to calculate correctly.  Cheesy

And yet another troll sock attempting to make a point to justify their stupidity.

I considered the 5 cents inconsequential.

Just as I consider you inconsequential.

Run along big stupid one horned animal

Mummy is calling.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #80 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 11:49am

WELL!  It's a good thing the dispute wasn't about ten cents, then, eh?  Imagine the fur and feathers then.... phew...

I find a lot of the kids just out of school these days to be pretty smart and quick and often very helpful.  Gen X with their ear ornaments and such tend to be more surly, more self-entitled, more arrogant and self-righteous... someone missed out there.

Be better if there were more men in teaching and a proper curriculum.  I once dropped in on a HSC English exam and was confronted with a question about the social impact of rock concerts and rock opera... say what?  I came prepared for a serious discussion of Hamlet...  WTF would I know or care about the social impact of rock music?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #81 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 12:24pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:34pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 6:01am:

I'm calling BULLSHIT.

Yes, you always do.

Thats because you're full of crap ...

And you are an empty vessel.
Nothing worthwhile in you at all.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #82 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 12:39pm

Ye Grappler wrote on Oct 24th, 2020 at 11:49am:
WELL!  It's a good thing the dispute wasn't about ten cents, then, eh?  Imagine the fur and feathers then.... phew...

I find a lot of the kids just out of school these days to be pretty smart and quick and often very helpful.  Gen X with their ear ornaments and such tend to be more surly, more self-entitled, more arrogant and self-righteous... someone missed out there.

Be better if there were more men in teaching and a proper curriculum.  I once dropped in on a HSC English exam and was confronted with a question about the social impact of rock concerts and rock opera... say what?  I came prepared for a serious discussion of Hamlet...  WTF would I know or care about the social impact of rock music?

There is a reason they no longer teach the classics.

Teachers have no idea about them.
Because teaching has the lowest entry level requirement of ANY profession.

They have probably never read Lord of the flies or even animal farm.
And if they had, they would never comprehend the social and societal constructed therein.

Shakespeare with his witty humor woukd be too deep for these loser teachers to fathom.

Imagine the confusion in the small underdeveloped minds of teachers if they tried to read Nietzsche.

But my gripe isn't with these tangential subjects.
My primary gripe is with the mainstay of Australian education, reading, writing and mathematics.
These have been shoved to the bottom of the necessary education, replaced with;
Penis tucking
Parental divorce
Begging forgiveness for being superior
Learning sick concepts of 72 genders
Bowing down to a mentally ill 3% of the population the good old LGBTIQSELFICH.
AND FOLLOWING A RETARDED TEENAGER who demands the world stop for a fictitious climate change agenda that Australia has virtually zero impact or influence.

Teachers should teach and leave the politics, sex and upbringing to the parents.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Oct 24th, 2020 at 7:00pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 24th, 2020 at 7:50am:
Sad little troll.

Not a 5c piece.

what the post is about? Grin Grin The whole thread, which you started, is about education standards being so low due to todays teachers (in your opinion) that todays kids can't even give out the correct change ... guess what dopey .. neither can you! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #84 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 7:58am

John Smith wrote on Oct 24th, 2020 at 7:00pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 24th, 2020 at 7:50am:
Sad little troll.

Not a 5c piece.

what the post is about? Grin Grin The whole thread, which you started, is about education standards being so low due to todays teachers (in your opinion) that todays kids can't even give out the correct change ... guess what dopey .. neither can you! Grin Grin Grin Grin

...................................................sad little troll.

You still dont get it do you?

Try borrowing your mothers purse.

Now take out a 5c piece
Take out 1 $20.00 note
Take out 1 $10.00 note and put this to one side

Now take out 2 $2.00 coins
Take out 2 20c pieces
take out 1 5c piece
1 $20.00 note
1 $5.00 note and compare the piles against each other.

Even someone as dim as you will see that the second pile is more cumbersome.

Now, and we are getting to the very limits of your limited cerebral ability.

Imagine doing this several times, all the change starts to get quite cumbersome and annoying.

Again.
If the kid could have added up in his head, if he was taught properly by useless teachers.
It would have taken no longer than any other transaction.

run along and try to add something worthwhile rather than trying to win points for nit picking stupidity

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 7:59am

Valkie wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 7:58am:

I certainly do get it .... you're an idiot.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #86 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 8:03am

John Smith wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 7:59am:
Valkie wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 7:58am:

I certainly do get it .... you're an idiot.

If that rings your bells, go for it.

But its you that is making an idiot of yourself.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #87 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 8:15am

Australian Schools still follow Overseas to a T. Look at all the School 'Uniforms' - they're either American College style or British Conservative style. Or they're starting to be decorated 'Aboriginal' styles for lack of anything truly Australian that can represent all three (and more) in its own uniquely Australian way.
Each new generation of kids are becoming more and more attuned to life here, even leaving Aboriginal conservatism behind in a country that is now no longer hidden in the summer for a million years. Yes - the future will betray the Aboriginals and their only hope is to let go of the past if they want to participate into the future here.

We need a Muad'dib!!!!

Bubbles

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #88 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 4:47pm

What we need is better teachers, a more functional curriculum and to get rid of the moron minorities pushing child grooming, politics and let the kids grow as they should.

For many years children grew up in fairly normal ways.
Boys were boys
Girls were girls.
Politics was for adults, not 5 year olds.
Pooftahs, lezzos and cross dressers were objects of ridicule, because they SHOUKD be.

Wogs had it hard, but held their own and many of us simply ignored racism and had mates of many nationalities.
These hard working new AUSTRALIANS were successful and well liked in their communities.

We learned English, we did mathematics and we did woodwork and metalwork.

When school holidays came we used our 20c excursion tickets to travel and see the Bush and beaches near and far.

Our biggest problems were
Where to meet girls
Getting a new spear gun, flippers, pocket knife, fire crackers, bike etc etc.

We slept well and no one was depressed or worried about the world, that was the adults problem.

Now days "teachers" and the morons in the education department have lost the plot
They push "toxic masculinity"
They push " guilt " for things the kids have had no part in.
They push "twisted and sick"perversions that kids should not know about at the age they are pushing it.
They push "selective politics" depending on what that particular teacher feels.

If you are a male, white, hetrosexual boy, you are targeted as a racist, homophobic, misogynist.

If you stand up for yourself, you are a toxic male.

And the primary difference in kids these days

Well, in my day we had fun, lived life and were happy.

Now, kids worry about everything, don't have any fun, feel guilty all the time and are continually unhappy and depressed.

No wonder they are topping themselves.
And it all comes back to the TEACHERS and THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 5:08pm

Quote:

Your stupidity is showing again beg stupid one horned animal.

The change from $50.00 woukd have been
A $20.00 bill
A $5.00 bill
Two $2.00 coins
A 50c coin
A 5c coin

In other words, more loose change that
A $20.00 note
A $10.00 note
A 5c coin.

Do you.........troll.
the point is that you were you were unable to perform simple maths to come to the correct amount whilst denigrating others for the same. Most normal people dont spend hours trying to perform simple tasks. Take the change next time and donate the whole 95 cents. You keep telling us how rich you are.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 5:10pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 4:47pm:

Well, in my day we had fun, lived life and were happy.

And now you are an old misery guts who doesnt have a good word for anyone or anything and makes up stories to inflate his own ego on the internet. Youve come a long way.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 5:51pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 8:03am:
But its you that is making an idiot of yourself.

no, I'm really not. Unlike you I can count my change correctly.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #92 - Oct 25th, 2020 at 6:06pm

Trolls, trolls everywhere.

Neither the bid stupid one horned animal, nor the idiot without enough intelligence to invent a name other than John Smith are can focus on the subject, instead they simply attempt to point score on an insignificant point.

The topic is about teachers inability to teach.

Perhaps, if you feel the need, you can use my omission of 5c as trivial, as an example of poor teaching.
Be my guest.

Otherwise, stick to the subject.

Or, perhaps you are both enamoured with some teacher and feel the need to derail the topic in order to protect the ineptitude of teachers.

Who could possibly dare to delve into the twisted logic that resides in your sock masters tiny mind.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #93 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 8:06am

well well well.

Interesting eh?

Not only sneaky, but gutless as well.

Quote:
Course is still on the a-gender
EXCLUSIVE
CLARISSA BYE

AN officially endorsed gender fluidity training course for public school teachers that tells them not to inform parents if their student “comes out” is still being offered by the NSW Teachers Federation.
Despite telling The Daily Telegraph last week the webinar had been pulled from the accredited teacher training courses, education bosses have since backtracked, admitting they were wrong.
And Education Minister Sarah Mitchell (below) was forced to correct the official record in NSW parliament about the matter, saying her earlier statements on the controversial course were in error.
The course, dubbed the “LGBTIQ Inc l u s i v e S c h o o l s ” course, tells teachers “gender is a social construct”, instructs them to put “trans flags” up in classrooms and warns them not to tell school counsellors or parents if a student “comes out”.
The course also tells educators to go to the union for links to articles encouraging teenagers to “Play with Your Gender Expression”, including explicit instructions on “tucking your penis” and buying “binders” online to flatten chests.
The body that authorises the teacher training courses, the NSW Education Standards Authority, said it had made a “factual error” about the course last week.
“LGBTIQ Inclusive Schools” was not closed by the NSW Teachers Federation,” CEO Paul Martin said.
“NESA acknowledges also incorrectly advising the minister regarding the status of this course offered by the NSW Teachers Federation.
“NESA has apologised unreservedly for the error.”
One Nation MP Mark Latham, who revealed the contents of the course that has sparked community uproar, said if a public servant causes a minister to mislead parliament “they should be out the door”.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:24pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 6:06pm:

yes, your teachers ... but I think it has more to do with you than with them

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #95 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:37pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:24pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 25th, 2020 at 6:06pm:

yes, your teachers ... but I think it has more to do with you than with them

Still nothing to add of any worth troll?

You are a scientific miracle.

Surviving on less than one functioning brain cell.

Now.
If you cannot contribute to the topic.

Go bother your mommy.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 8:06pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:37pm:

you've never added anything of worth to any topic, only hatred and vitriol .... why do you expect different from others?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #97 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 6:24am

Yep.

They have 12 months to set up exams and yet still stuff it up.

The Australian education system mantra.

"Keep em stupid tech them dum"

The stupidity of teachers and the educaytion department knows no bounds.

These kids futures are on the line, but the LAZY no hoper teachers didnt even check the papers before the exams.

Teaching, the lazy profession
The profession requiring the lowest entry requirement
The profession that is destroying Australia.

Quote:
   Exam doesn’t add up for maths students
CHRISTOPHER HARRIS
HSC students were blindsided and left “very upset” after they faced numerous unintended hurdles in their examination papers on Monday.
An extra booklet for Standard Maths students given out at the beginning of the exam befuddled some examinees, and a bizarre extended question about crickets chirping left them utterly confused.
This year’s mathematics exam was a radical departure from previous years following a syllabus shake-up and changes that meant there would be questions common to both the Standard Maths and Advanced Maths courses.
Normally the two courses have entirely different content, but this year in a bid to make the two subjects comparable in terms of final marks, students were tested on common content across both syllabuses.
Mathematical Association of NSW president Karen McDaid said according to feedback from teachers, students found the last question in the standard paper about crickets agonising.
That question asked students to “Calculate the number of chirps expected in a 15-second interval when the temperature is 19° Celsius’’.
Ms McDaid also said that an extra Standard Maths booklet provided to students was not expected.
“Concerns raised about the two booklets from the extended response, some teachers said that the second booklet threw the students as they were not expecting two booklets,” she said.
“This was not part of the instructions for what students should expect in the exam.’’

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #98 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 6:48am

John Smith wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 8:06pm:
Valkie wrote on Oct 26th, 2020 at 7:37pm:

you've never added anything of worth to any topic, only hatred and vitriol .... why do you expect different from others?

He may be a 'Redneck' in his views (Are yours Gay, Yobbo or Wanker in return?). But Valkie is a very 'Australian' and patriotic person. He might fight like a Akkadian compared to a Spartan, but he'll still fight the Persians despite his handicap of just 300.

That's what I like about Valkie. So what if he's the little Hooker, Rover, 3-pointer, etc in the team.
He's still Australian.  Wink

Bubbles

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #99 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 7:42am

no - the police need the lowest entry requirement

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Phi

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Oct 28th, 2020 at 1:16pm

The whole of Oz is owned and controlled by foreigners after the ageing generations sold it to them.

The younger generations have no future other than as social service recipients.

What's the point of teaching them anything?

Phi, phy, pho, phum. I smell the blud of a pseudo mun.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #101 - Nov 6th, 2020 at 6:23am

It seems that teachers are as lazy and incompetent as I have said.

More need to be sacked.

Quote:
   Teachers playing hooky get sack
CHRISTOPHER HARRIS & JAKE McCALLUM

A RECORD number of dud teachers have been sacked for failing to turn up to school — in some cases for years.
A Department of Education review by a workforce transition team this year identified 321 public school teachers who had effectively deserted their positions.
“This review resulted in a large number of staff being deemed as having abandoned their employment and were terminated as a result,” a note accompanying the data said.
By comparison, last year only 10 teachers were terminated by the Department of Education.
Parent groups welcomed the purge of staff who were no longer teaching in classrooms nor officially fired, saying it would free up space for enthusiastic young teachers to secure a permanent job.
This year a total of 2394 public school teachers left the workforce, including those who were terminated, along with 850 who have resigned, 1152 retirees and 44 who were medically retired. The numbers include 26 who died.
NSW P&C Federation president Tim Spencer said the highly unionised workforce meant it was difficult to get rid of dud teachers and welcomed the push to clear the decks.
“It is challenging for a principal to deal with staff who either just don’t turn up to work or go on prolonged stress leave, they have to replace them with casuals,” he said.
“(There) has to be a reasonable and rational discussion as to why that person is not performing their role just like it would be in any other workplace.”
Secondary Principals’ Council president Craig Petersen said some teachers simply would never return from annual leave and the Department of Education had no mechanism to fire them. “These are people we haven’t seen for months and terms and, in extreme cases, years,” he said.
A department spokesman said letters were sent to teachers seeking an explanation for their unauthorised absence. “The teachers who did not respond, or did not provide a valid reason for their absence, were terminated,” he said.
Shadow education spokeswoman Prue Car said more needed to be done to keep good teachers in schools following 850 resignations. “It’s concerning there is no proper plan to keep our best and brightest teachers,” she said.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Nov 6th, 2020 at 8:36pm

SO they fired people that were no longer working?

Awesome! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of the
Maximegalon Institute

Reply #103 - Nov 6th, 2020 at 8:48pm

Just shows how desperate the troll is.  He quotes a US newspaper report and doesn't provide a link to it to hide that it is a US newspaper report.  Tsk, tsk, such dishonesty, such well, troll like behaviour.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #104 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 7:41am

who says socks keep getting separated in the wash.

Here is a pair of socks working in tandem.

Obviously there is a link between them, both are somewhat deficient in the intelligence department

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #105 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 7:44am

Valkie wrote on Nov 7th, 2020 at 7:41am:

Obviously there is a link between them, both are somewhat deficient in the intelligence department

shut up lint

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #106 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 7:52am

John Smith wrote on Nov 6th, 2020 at 8:36pm:
SO they fired people that were no longer working?

Awesome! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Not quite, if they did that 90% of teachers would be sacked.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #107 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 7:53am

John Smith wrote on Nov 7th, 2020 at 7:44am:

shut up lint

OOOOOOH, your witty and well enunciated repartee has wounded me to the core.

Sock

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #108 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 8:54am

I voted no, because the lazy and least accountable job is that of the politician. That's from local to federal. How many bridges have you seen named after a local politician who was paid handsomely for his cushy number? Its true a few have to "stand aside," for various reasons, but they get pensions that make the average person, who voted for them, look like a chump, a stooge, a no-hoper.

The West is not the intentional enemy of Islam, but it should be.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Nov 7th, 2020 at 6:36pm

Valkie wrote on Nov 7th, 2020 at 7:53am:

shut up lint

Sock

Id guess it hurt about as much as you calling me a sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #110 - Nov 8th, 2020 at 7:41am

John Smith wrote on Nov 7th, 2020 at 6:36pm:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

I was simply pointing out facts.

No fault there.

Child

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #111 - Nov 9th, 2020 at 6:54am

It appears that no matter how many times the terminally twisted are told to back off on CHILD GROOMING

They have obviously no intention of doing so.

They plan to groom children to be as twisted as they are regardless.

Never a thought for the education of children, its far more important to groom them to be pooftahs and twisted.

No wonder suicide rates are through the roof.

Quote:
   Teens get pop quiz on their sexuality
EXCLUSIVE
CLARISSA BYE

A copy of the questionnaire.
HIGH school students are being asked “clearly inappropriate” personal questions such as “when and how did you first decide you were heterosexual?” in gender fluidity lessons that have been slammed by parents.
The Year 8 students in a PDHPE class at Kirrawee High School were also asked “to whom have you disclosed your heterosexual tendencies?” and “if heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual?” as part of the quiz.
One Nation MP Mark Latham — who was contacted by “distressed” parents at the school
— said the intrusive questions were “completely inappropriate and outrageous”.
Education Minister Sarah Mitchell has asked the school to review its PDHPE learning materials and questioned how the quiz was “suitable or relevant”.
The students, aged between 13 and 14, were given copies of an historical 1972 document called “The Heterosexual Questionnaire”, which purported to ask “heterophobic” rather than “homophobic” questions.
Other questions for the teens included “what do you think caused your heterosexuality?” and “is it possible that your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?”
The document also stated “divorce rates are skyrocketing” and asked “why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals”. It also asserted “the great majority of sexual predators are heterosexuals”.
And yet another question asks: “How could the human race survive if everyone was heterosexual, considering the menace of overpopulation?”.
The students were also shown a controversial YouTube video by presenter Bill Nye which teaches a “Sexy Sliding Scale” of gender identity and claims that instead of male and female there was a “kaleidoscope” of gender.
In NSW, gender fluidity lessons were banned in 2017 after a community uproar.
Mr Latham said the material was clearly inappropriate.
“As if you’d want your 13-year-daughter to be answering these questions to some male teacher — what, when, and how you decided to be heterosexual?” he said.
“It’s creepy. You’re trying to shame the kids for being heterosexual to make a point that no one should shame anyone for being homosexual.”
Mr Latham said presenting the video as “science” was inappropriate, given Mr Nye has a degree in mechanical engineering and not biological science.
He said it was “pushing gender fluidity”. The parents of one teen girl were very upset at the lessons, Mr Latham said.
NSW Education Minister Sarah Mitchell said the school was “no longer using those resources”. “I can’t see how this material is suitable for or relevant to any Year 8 PDHPE class,” she said.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Nov 9th, 2020 at 5:48pm

Valkie wrote on Nov 8th, 2020 at 7:41am:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

No fault there.

Child

You wouldn't know a fact if it was rammed up your arse.

And there's no need to sign off on your posts

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #113 - Nov 9th, 2020 at 8:18pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 9th, 2020 at 5:48pm:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

No fault there.

Child

Two questions for you.

Who ties your shoe laces for you?

Is your one brain cell lonely?

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #114 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 6:04am

And now because teachers are useless groomers of children.

They need to bring in help in an attempt to fix the broken minds of children.

Or is this just another attempt to bring in even more sick grooming under the guise of mental health?

If only the teachers and the education department simply did what they are employed to do

Teach

And not groom children for the twisted minority of sexual sickos

Quote:
  Army of nurses to heal schools
EXCLUSIVE
LINDA SILMALIS
AN army of nurses will be posted to primary and high schools to treat and refer pupils dealing with mental health and medical issues.
Two years after a successful trial involving six nurses, the state government is taking up the model with $46.5 million to be spent on a statewide rollout of 100 “wellbeing and health in-reach” nurses over the next four years.
The registered nurses, who will be employed by NSW Health but will not wear uniforms, will be charged with treating and triaging students for ailments ranging from playground injuries to mental health and eating disorders or HSC concerns, while working closely with school counsellors, organisations such as Headspace, and local GPs.
The nurses will be assigned to areas of need.
A brainchild of Mental Health Minister Bronnie Taylor and one of many announcements to be contained in Tuesday’s state Budget, the program is designed to provide students with an adult to whom they can talk about their concerns.
Ms Taylor, who was a breast care nurse, said an evaluation report of the joint NSW Health and Education Department pilot had found the six embedded nurses had dealt with a wide range of student problems. However, addressing mental health issues and providing social and behavioural support were most common.
“Counsellors are important but sometimes a kid won’t see one because of the stigma attached with mental health issues, but they might go see a nurse,” Ms Taylor said. “We’ve found they’ve gone to see a nurse for a physical issue, but then they end up talking about mental health or about what is really bothering them.”
In 2018, the trial involved nurses being embedded in schools in Cooma, Tumut and Young before it was extended to Deniliquin, Lithgow and Murwillumbah this year.
The nurses saw around 60 individual students per month, some of whom had multiple sessions.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said the expansion was in acknowledgment of the added stress COVID-19 had placed on families.
Nurses would be assigned based on data from a variety of government departments.
“Health will fund these positions but work with the Department of Education, using data to place the nurses in areas of most need,” he said.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 8:13am

Valkie wrote on Nov 9th, 2020 at 8:18pm:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

No fault there.

Child

Two questions for you.

Are you assuming that just because you need your laces tied so does everyone else? the world doesn't work that way dopey Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #116 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 8:43am

Oh shut up Smith you absolute bore! Roll Eyes

Right or Wrong, at least Valkie has somethhing to offer.
You on the other hand never has anything.
You're like the Dole Bludger of this Forum.

Bubbles

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #117 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 9:42am

I ask again - if gender is a 'social construct' - and clearly the aim of 'feminism' is to de-construct Heterosexual gender to destroy what it perceives as  the tyranny over women by men from forcing women to be heterosexual - why then is it not possible to simply 'de-construct' all these other 'genders' and re-construct them in the image that Nature provided....???

You know - kind of like why give a bloke female hormones to cure imbalance, when it is far easier to top up his male hormones and fix his 'issues' - provided of course those issues are not purely mental.....

Could it be the case that gender is NOT a 'social construct' at all - but is a natural binary requirement of any breeding creature?  Female sharks are obviously forced to be heterosexual..... horse, cows, sheep, bugs.. the list is endless... all forced to be heterosexual to cater to male desires and thus oppressed.....
(rofl emoticons withheld)....

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1604911623/92#92

Stemming from this little gem:-

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-349-24549-9_2

"FEMINIST THINKING ON  SEXUALITY
The first tendency I  have identified, which identifies sexuality as  a site of male power, had  its  roots in  feminist political activism, in efforts to  challenge men's sexual appropriation and  abuse of women. This has  given rise  to  analyses of sexual violence and  pornography and, more generally, of the  ways in which sexuality had  been defined and constructed from a masculine perspective. The social construction of sexuality is here seen as  patriarchal, as serving the interests of men, as coercing women into compulsory heterosexuality (Rich, 1980).  It is therefore linked to  a  structural analysis of patriarchy (for example, MacKinnon, 1982). Moreover, the erotic itself is  understood as  culturally constituted, so  that  currently prevailing definitions of eroticism are  themselves the  product of gendered patterns of domination "

Note that the author of that article is looking at FAULTS in feminist 'thinking' .... does a fine job of demolishing it utterly if you ask  me.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2020 at 9:48am by Ye Grappler »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #118 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 9:44am

JaSin. wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 8:43am:

Oh, I don't know - hyperbolic offence has its place in any uncivilised discussion....

― John Adams

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #119 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 9:48am

Ye Grappler wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 9:44am:
JaSin. wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 8:43am:

Oh, I don't know - hyperbolic offence has its place in any uncivilised discussion....

*spits coffee out

Bubbles

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #120 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 4:01pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 8:13am:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

No fault there.

Child

Two questions for you.

Are you assuming that just because you need your laces tied so does everyone else? the world doesn't work that way dopey Roll Eyes

WOW.

What a magnificent put down.

So eloquent, so amazing, I ust have no reply to this brilliance

And it only took you 6 days to come up with it.

Thats a good boy, now you feel vindicated.

Troll sock

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #121 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 4:10pm

Tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #122 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 4:12pm

Ye Grappler wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 4:10pm:
Tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes

Hmmmm

I wonder if they are related.

Or possibly two socks from the same feet.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #123 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 5:48pm

Valkie might be a funny Arkaddian,
but Smith is definitely a Persian.

Smith wouldn't dare talk his homo-erotic talk to Valkie, like he tries to hit Bobby up with. He even calls Bobby as 'booby' as he can't stop thinking of Bobby's man breasts and nipples. Weird  Huh Roll Eyes

Here's Valkie. Real scrapper.

Bubbles

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Nov 15th, 2020 at 7:13pm

Valkie wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 4:01pm:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

No fault there.

Child

Two questions for you.

WOW.

Troll sock

took me 6 days? I only saw it yesterday dopey ... unlike you some of us actually have a life Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #125 - Nov 16th, 2020 at 6:51am

John Smith wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 7:13pm:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

No fault there.

Child

Two questions for you.

WOW.

Troll sock

took me 6 days? I only saw it yesterday dopey ... unlike you some of us actually have a life Roll Eyes

Excuses, Excuses.

You are simply Pathetic really.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Nov 16th, 2020 at 2:09pm

Valkie wrote on Nov 16th, 2020 at 6:51am:
John Smith wrote on Nov 15th, 2020 at 7:13pm:

shut up lint

Sock

deerrrrr Roll Eyes

No fault there.

Child

Two questions for you.

WOW.

Troll sock

Excuses, Excuses.

You are simply Pathetic really.

So eloquent, so amazing, I just have no reply to this brilliance  Cheesy Cheesy

Ya moron

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #127 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 8:33am

So

Now the teachers are trying to repair the damage they themselves have caused.

Or is this just another way to introduce their sick policies?

Ill be there is some LGBTIQselfish shite in this and some child grooming as well.

Quote:
   Now we start saving kids
EXCLUSIVE
JACK MORPHET BEN PIKE

Every NSW teacher to get mental health training
EVERY teacher in NSW will be trained to better understand students’ mental health and stop vulnerable kids falling through the cracks.
From next year it will be mandatory for teachers from public, private and Catholic schools to be taught mental health as part of their on-thejob training.
It is a win for The Sunday Telegraph’s Can We Talk campaign, which has called for more mental health resources at schools in response to alarming rates of suicide.
The new mental health training will not increase teachers’ workload or burden of care but it will better equip them to listen to struggling students, refer them on to appropriate care and help avoid more tragedies.
Teachers will be required to sit mental health courses as part of an overhaul of the 100 hours of training teachers must complete every five years, which will also include new courses dealing with disability, the curriculum and Aboriginal education.
Parents Matt and Fiona Neale, who lost their 18-yearold daughter Claudia to suicide in August, were heartened to hear more teachers would know how to recognise students showing signs of mental ill-health.
“Teachers are usually the first port of call when it comes to mental health matters,” they said.
“If teachers have that training, there might not be kids who slip through the cracks.”
A recent poll of more than 5000 schoolteachers conducted by the NSW Teachers Federation revealed 93 per cent wanted more training so they can better understand their students’ mental health.
The Ponds High School in northwest Sydney is proof teachers with the proper training can better identify students silently suffering from mental ill-health.
The school’s Personal Development, Health and Physical Education teacher Kate Blissett has been running courses that have given teachers more confidence to start a conversation with students whose behaviour has changed.
“If we can equip teachers with the right skills, they are able to look after students’ wellbeing better and approach mental ill-health in a calm and controlled manner,” Ms Blissett said.
“Mental health training has allowed our teachers to recognise anxiety for what it is and so we see more of it.
“Teachers then have strategies to deal with mental ill-health, such as scripts to follow, the right places to refer kids, and how to explain to students they can selfrefer to a counsellor.”
Education Minister Sarah Mitchell said: “Ensuring teachers have the knowledge and confidence to identify when a student needs help, enables the community and school support to then wrap around the student. This will save lives.”
The Sunday Telegraph is still calling on the state government to increase the number of school counsellors to at least one for every 500 students, which was agreed to in 2018 but never reached.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

JaSin.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Deep
Reply #128 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 8:38am

The Powers that be this last century have led us to a 'dead end'. Now they try to manipulate and 'reset' just to keep themselves in Power.

Bubbles

IP Logged

Ye Grappler
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Mid-North Coast NSW
Reply #129 - Nov 22nd, 2020 at 12:19pm

Worked a charm with the social services types that did.... they found issues everywhere even when they didn't exist.... and missed many that were real...

Nothing worse than a little knowledge in the wrong hands.... psych nurses thinking they are Macquarie Street surgeons etc...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #130 - Nov 26th, 2020 at 6:03am

Oh No

Another nice little rort being exposed and hopefully taken from the part time job called teaching.

Why the hell would anyone give a teacher a gift?

Its criminal it is, if anything the teachers should gift the poor children who they have neglected to teach.

Quote:
  Schools’ bribery warning on gifts
EXCLUSIVE
CHRISTOPHER HARRIS

$50 ‘thank you’ limit

PARENTS are being warned not to be too generous with presents for their children’s teachers this year amid fears a simple gift card could amount to bribery of public officials.

While the state’s public school principals have reinforced strict gift giving rules, parent groups say they just want to express their gratitude to hardworking teachers after a horror year.

An update to the gift policy last week states cash is now explicitly forbidden along with certain gift cards and vouchers such as pre-paid cash and EFTPOS cards.

The policy states gifts over $50 “should be declined”.

Seaforth Public School principal Trudy Bates told parents the new rules meant gift vouchers and cash were banned while gifts were strictly capped at $50.

“You may need to think a little differently this year so that staff are not put in a position where they are breaching the (Department of Education) Code of Conduct,” she told parents. “Recently I was at a principal’s briefing on the current NSW Education Code of Conduct ... the answer is very black and white and we must adhere to this.”

Beverly Hills Public School principal Danny Squires also warned parents to make sure their gift of thanks does not amount to a cent more than $50 and reminded parents gifts were by no means compulsory.

“Please also remember that it is not necessary to give a gift,’’ Mr Squires said in a newsletter to parents.

But a Department of Education spokesman said gifts of $50 could still be accepted if they were declared on a gift register or declined if deemed inappropriate. “The $50 amount is a reporting threshold, not a strict limit for all types of gifts,” he said.

Central Coast P&C president Sharryn Brownlee said parents just want to express gratitude to dedicated teachers and the notion a gift from a student could be construed as “bribery’’ was offensive to the vast majority of hardworking teachers.

“It is silly to say the gift to the teacher should be singled out,” she said.

“Their argument was the parent gained influence over the teacher, and that says they believe teachers can be bought or influenced by a parent.

“It is saying teachers are up for sale. They are talking about corruption, but until they’re giving out a bottle of Grange, it is an over-reaction in a school setting (compared) to some of the corruption and the backhanders which go on in parliament and elsewhere.”

As previously revealed by the Daily Telegraph, some Sydney school parents have handed teachers communal gifts of wads of cash of up to $300 and Visa gift cards valued at over $460.

The Department of Education’s Code of Conduct policy for teachers states: “You must never ask for money, gifts or benefits and you must never accept any offer of money, or accept a gift or benefit greater than a nominal value ($50).

“To do so may amount to bribery, which is a crime.”   

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #131 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 7:40am

First...the lowest entry requirements of any profession.

Then ...grooming children for the 3% mentality ill sexual perverts.

Now...fake courses to prop up their fake professional qualifications.

Wow, what a profession. No wonder kids cannot read, write or do basic mathematics any more.

Quote:
  No silly courses for NSW teachers
EXCLUSIVE
JACK MORPHET
PROFESSIONAL training for school teachers in NSW will be completely overhauled, with pointless courses thrown out in favour of those that concentrate on essentials.
All 42,000 professional development courses have been cancelled effective immediately and all 750 course providers will be asked to reapply by the end of the year under new, stricter criteria, with a greater focus on day-to-day teaching.
Teachers must do 100 hours of professional development courses approved by the NSW Education Standards Authority every five years in order to maintain their accreditation.
But a review of the current training system found just 23 per cent of secondary teachers took courses in literacy and numeracy in 2018 and 2019 — at an average of just 30 minutes each.
About two-thirds of secondary teachers did not sit courses about the latest teaching methods and changes to the curriculum in 2018 and 2019.
From next year there will be 50 hours of mandatory courses dealing with mental health and wellbeing, the curriculum, disability and Aboriginal education. As The Sunday Telegraph revealed last week, the overhaul will mean every teacher in NSW will be trained to better understand students’ mental health and stop vulnerable kids falling through the cracks. The initiative was in response to the Sunday Tele’s Can We Talk? mental health campaign.
“Teachers should know that the courses they are taking are the best available, helping them to enhance their classroom practice to benefit our students’ education,” Education Minister Sarah Mitchell (pictured) said. “We are starting with a clean slate so that NESA can guarantee the quality and value of the courses they accredit.
“This change will ensure that everything on offer is of a standard that will benefit them and their students in areas where we know additional support is needed.”
Teachers will still have choice about how to spend the remaining 50 hours but any optional professional development will now have to align with specific categories stemming from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers such as classroom and behaviour management, engaging with parents and the school community, gifted education, and information and communication technology.
The NSW Education Standards Authority will scrutinise every course rather than just approving providers and trusting them to come up with appropriate courses.
Greater oversight is expected to stamp out such courses such as Sous Vide Hands On At The Sunbeam Test Kitchen and Backpacking On The World Wide Web.
Course providers will also need to seek renewal every two years to stop the accumulation of outdated courses.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #132 - Dec 11th, 2020 at 6:26am

Too lazy or incompetent to do their jobs, the only job they have to do.

Teachers are now aiming at getting the patrents to do their job for them.

Not enough to send the kids home with homework, thereby forcing parents to tech their kids at home.

Now they want parents to teach the kids to read.

Perhaps, the teaching profession should be re-named.....The do nothing profession.

Quote:
  Parents all-important for reading
JAMES MORROW
THE NSW government’s recently announced ‘phonics checks’ should help reverse declining literacy results, but parents have to play their part to get kids reading.
That’s the conclusion of Kim Hawgood, the lead educator for literacy at 3PLearning.com, which has developed popular online learning programs such as Readiwriter and Reading Eggs.
Writing exclusively in The Daily Telegraph, Harwood says the government’s emphasis on the importance of phonics — where students are taught to sound out letters and eventually words — needs to be supported by parents.
“It’s up to schools, teachers and parents to commit to phonic in the long term”, writes Hawgood.
This will, she says, “ensure this generation of readers are more successful than their forebears”.
Parents, says Hawgood, should communicate with their school to determine how best they can support what is being taught in the classroom.
And there is no substitute for practising words at home and reading aloud with your children, says Hawgood, who advises that the project to learning to read should never seem like a chore.
“Share in the joy of reading with your child as often as you can, and make it fun.”

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #133 - Dec 16th, 2020 at 6:30am

Yet another example of the stupidity and thought manipulation of teachers and their ilk.

Torturing young mnds about things they have no control over at an age when they should be left to enjoy life.

Quote:
Students in Trump tantrum
CLARISSA BYE
Examples of young pupils’ anti-Trump propaganda displayed at a Sydney primary school.
A CLASSROOM political lesson where children’s abusive messages and artworks against US president Donald Trump were put on display at an inner-Sydney school has sparked criticism by upset parents and One Nation MP Mark Latham.
Children as young as five attending the North Newtown Public School’s after school care were asked who they would vote for in the US presidential election and why, with their drawings and comments put on display at a parental sign-out desk. The kids scrawled illiterate answers, such as “I hate Trump, he suks”, “honestally anyone is better than dunnel Trump!” and misspelled climate “climet” in a reference to eco-warrior Greta Thunberg.

Under the Education Department’s “Controversial Issues in Schools” policy, which also applies to contractors, volunteers and external providers, schools are meant to be neutral, parents should be told in advance about any teaching of controversial issues and lessons should not “advance the interest of any particular group”.

Mr Latham, who raised the issue in parliament with Education Minister Sarah Mitchell, said “it’s pretty sick to be imposing your own political views on little kids”. One irate parent told The Daily Telegraph the level of “vitriol” in the display against Mr Trump “was confronting to look at”.

“I couldn’t believe it, they didn’t do any sort of display for the Australian election, these are five- to 12-year-old kids being exposed to this pile-on against Trump,” he said.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print