Yes    
  16 (50.0%)
No    
  16 (50.0%)

Total votes: 32
« Created by: Brian Ross on: Oct 22nd, 2020 at 3:03pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Teaching, the lazy and least accountable job. (Read 27455 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Teaching, the lazy and least accountable job.
Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:59am

Teaching.
Has now become the profession of choice for the lazy, woke and greedy people in Australia.
And since COVID, teachers have shown themselves as self serving and selfish.

Teachers do less than 6 hours a day actual work.
And dont give me the crap about working at home, we all do that but dont whine about it all the time.

4 days a week is spent on teaching, with one day a week for sports, no effort there.

12 weeks plus extra days Paid annual leave, more than any other country.
In many countries the teachers have to find an income during school break.

Now, we have the highest level of illiterate children sitting the HSC since the beginning of the 20th century.
Why?

Well there are several reasons.
Teachers are so busy brainwashing kids to be woke, pathetic apologists that there is little time for real teaching.
Teachers love their free time, so any opportunity for a holiday is grabbed with such fervor that its obscene.
Teaching has become predominantly female, so feminist ideals are beaten into children's heads continually.
The LGBTIQSELFISH mob has infiltrated the teaching profession so deep that it now pushes the grooming of children over actual learning.
So much time and effort is spent brainwashing kids to be woke and trendy, but at the expense of important life empowering skills like reading, writing and arithmetic.

But it still comes back to lazy teachers.
After several months of COVID shutdown, (yet another full pay extended holiday)
Teachers had an opportunity to prove they were contentious and wanted to help students simply by abandoning holidays and helping the kids catch up.
But rather than do this they still had they holidays while the kids struggled.

They could have also done extra hours and extended school days to help the stragglers catch up.
But noooooooo, they dont work more, in fact teachers wouldn't work in an iron lung.

Now we have successive generations of semi literate, woke and under-educated children attempting to join the workforce.
Well, they could always be teachers, it has the lowest entry level requirement of any profession.

And at least the teachers keep their 12 weeks paid leave, and 6 hour days.

If I thought they had a conscience, I would hope it plays on their mind.

Quote:

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Teaching, the lazy and least accountable job.
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:43am

Valkie wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:59am:
Teaching.
Has now become the profession of choice for the lazy, woke and greedy people in Australia.

And dont give me the crap about working at home, we all do that but dont whine about it all the time.

4 days a week is spent on teaching, with one day a week for sports, no effort there.

Now, we have the highest level of illiterate children sitting the HSC since the beginning of the 20th century.
Why?

Teachers are so busy brainwashing kids to be woke, pathetic apologists that there is little time for real teaching.
Teachers love their free time, so any opportunity for a holiday is grabbed with such fervor that its obscene.
Teaching has become predominantly female, so feminist ideals are beaten into children's heads continually.
The LGBTIQSELFISH mob has infiltrated the teaching profession so deep that it now pushes the grooming of children over actual learning.
So much time and effort is spent brainwashing kids to be woke and trendy, but at the expense of important life empowering skills like reading, writing and arithmetic.

Teachers had an opportunity to prove they were contentious and wanted to help students simply by abandoning holidays and helping the kids catch up.

They could have also done extra hours and extended school days to help the stragglers catch up.
But noooooooo, they dont work more, in fact teachers wouldn't work in an iron lung.

Now we have successive generations of semi literate, woke and under-educated children attempting to join the workforce.
Well, they could always be teachers, it has the lowest entry level requirement of any profession.

Quote:

You are a troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

My wife was a classroom teacher for a decade, but had the sense to study and do extra-curricular work in adult training, in order to give herself other options.

She left that as a career in 2001, and has not looked back.

Perhaps you should drive past a school during school holidays. Ever wondered why there will normally be cars there? Yep. Teachers, "programming" for the next term/school year.

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger
- Parents abrogate more responsibility for the discipline of their children*
- Each year those same parents want "lazy" teachers to be "more accountable".
- And each year their pay sucks harder, compared to other "white collar" jobs.

It's telling that - on the couple of occasions my wife put her hand up as a relief teacher during the noughties (when between "proper" job contracts), she was inundated with opportunities.

Plenty of stress-related absenteeism out there in teacher-land.

*the abrogation of responsibility doesn't stop at lack of discipline; there are plenty of kids going to school on empty stomachs these days.

Yet the Teachers are looked at by certain segments of the community (Governments, you) as "lazy" baby sitters.

I'd ask you to walk a mile in their shoes, but you'd need to obtain a B.Ed, first.

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:10am by Mix_Master »  

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:41am

Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

If you had to teach the students of today from Kindy to high school ........

you'd want double what they are currently paid.

It's a schitt of a job only for the dedicated.

Men have left the profession in droves because many of the things you complain about in our society today.

They deserve every penny they earn.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:56am

Gnads wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:41am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

If you had to teach the students of today from Kindy to high school ........

you'd want double what they are currently paid.

It's a schitt of a job only for the dedicated.

Men have left the profession in droves because many of the things you complain about in our society today.

They deserve every penny they earn.

At the moment as a teacher, some job security would be nice

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am

The issues with education arise form private schools sucking the public system dry...a conservative objective in dumbing the nation down for the elite to have a workforce on its knees.

This is how trickle down economics work and why Trump likes a dumb audience.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:59am by Pedro Curevo »  

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am

Mix_Master wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:43am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

My wide was a classroom teacher for a decade, but had the sense to study and do extra-curricular work in adult training, in order to give herself other options.

Perhaps you should drive past a school during school holidays. Ever wondered why there will normally be cars there? Yep. Teachers, "programming" for the next term/school year.

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger

It's telling that - on the couple of occasions my wife put her hand up as a relief teacher during the noughties (when between "proper" job contracts), she was inundated with opportunities.

*the abrogation of responsibility doesn't stop at lack of discipline; there are plenty of kids going to school on empty stomachs these days.

Yet the Teachers are looked at by certain segments of the community (Governments, you) as "lazy" baby sitters.

I'd ask you to walk a mile in their shoes, but you'd need to obtain a B.Ed, first.

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes

Actually it's very easy for the kind of teacher Valkie described to  inhabit the public school system.

No ancient history here, my 1st born is in year in year 8 now and in her 7 years in primary at a school in a high socio-economic area with great resources and no behavioural issues to contend with, a hand full of the teachers were useless and lazy. One was addict to social media and candy crush and gave the kids no work or homework. It took 9 months to get rid of that one.

Most teachers I would rate as box tickers, a hand full were great and 3 were exceptional.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:28am

Pedro Curevo wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am:
The issues with education arise form private schools sucking the public system dry...a conservative objective in dumbing the nation down for the elite to have a workforce on its knees.

This is how trickle down economics work and why likes a dumb audience.

BS

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:57am

Gordon wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

My wide was a classroom teacher for a decade, but had the sense to study and do extra-curricular work in adult training, in order to give herself other options.

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes

Actually it's very easy for the kind of teacher Valkie described to  inhabit the public school system.

No ancient history here, my 1st born is in year in year 8 now and in her 7 years in primary at a school in a high socio-economic area with great resources and no behavioural issues to contend with, a hand full of the teachers were useless and lazy. One was addict to social media and candy crush and gave the kids no work or homework. It took 9 months to get rid of that one.

Most teachers I would rate as box tickers, a hand full were great and 3 were exceptional.

They inhabit every workplace.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:34am

Gnads wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:57am:
Gordon wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:12am:
Teaching.

Why?

Quote:

Each year:

- Class sizes get bigger

Lazy, indeed. Roll Eyes

They inhabit every workplace.

Moreso when an employee's performance is decoupled from their employment security.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:41am

Jeez - and I remember in the sixties we had only one 'brick' of a teacher..... taught English.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:50am

You must be a very, very happy person Valkie.*

* As they say: "Ignorance is bliss."  Wink

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:57am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 10:41am:
Jeez - and I remember in the sixties we had only one 'brick' of a teacher..... taught English.

My maths teacher sat on her desk with her legs arranged in a way that could not even be close to accidental which gave us all a nice view of a greater than symbol rotated 90 degrees.

IBI

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:02am

The coalition wants to build on a regressive and divisive society...it is why they want a US style education system, already they have raised Uni fees to record levels so that the lower classes will not be able to afford higher education.

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:10am by Pedro Curevo »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:18am

I am certain that teaching is a very stressful job.
I have known many teachers who would all attest to that.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:23am

Pedro Curevo wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:02am:
The coalition wants to build on a regressive and divisive society...it is why they want a US style education system, already they have raised Uni fees to record levels so that the lower classes will not be able to afford higher education.

90% of school students in USA attended public schools.

Do you know what you're actually trying to say or just spouting Communist party dot points?

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print