Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Merit is an inherently racist construct which prom (Read 4805 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Merit is an inherently racist construct which prom
Oct 17th, 2020 at 11:02pm

Merit is an inherently racist construct which promotes and advantages exclusively, those who practice WHITE SUPREMACISM.

Of course it does.

/sarc off

This edict is coming out of WOKE, LEFTIST, HUMANIST academia, 2020, so it must be correct [i.e. an UNCHANGEABLE, immutable meme] !

And anyone who say's different,     .....will be 'cancelled', as a promoter of racism and oppression !!

Quote:

SF Board Of Education Commissioner: Merit Is ‘An Inherently Racist Construct Designed And Centered On White Supremacist Framing’

By  Hank Berrien
Oct 16, 2020

In a series of social media posts this week, a commissioner for the San Francisco Board of Education declared that “merit” is “an inherently racist construct designed and centered on white supremacist framing.” She added, “We racially code our world based on implied beliefs that privilege whiteness.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/sf-board-of-education-commissioner-merit-is-an-in...

“We racially code our world based on implied beliefs that privilege whiteness.”

QUESTION;
When was the last moon walk conducted by a nation on the African continent ?

QUESTION;
Did an African explorer discover the Americas ?

ARGUMENT;
It is the [social] culture, which provides the [social] environment for human excellence [or not!], imo.

That statement does not come from a 'RACIST' pov.

It is the truth.

QUESTION;
Why do fools relish wallowing in their own foolishness [conceit] ?

The      ANSWER;
.....is self evident.

Psalms 12:8
The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

"Glory follows virtue as if it were its shadow."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman Statesman

Stupid, 'progressive' Americans.

Signs everywhere,   ...in our societies.

Isaiah 1:5
Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
6  From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

Isaiah 1:21
How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
22  Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:
23  Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Isaiah 3:11
Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.
12  As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

Isaiah 48:16
Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
17  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
18  O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2020 at 11:07pm by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Merit is an inherently racist construct which prom
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 11:17am

HERE WE GO !!!!!

We now see an example of how 'social fairness' [read, 'racial fairness'] is going to be adjudicated,
AND BY WHOM !!!

IMAGE.....

Quote:

Major California School District To Fight Alleged Racism By Changing Grading System

By  Eric Quintanar
Oct 18, 2020

The second largest public school district in California has approved major changes to the grading-scale system in order to fight alleged racism in the classroom.

According to NBC-7, San Diego Unified School District approved major changes to the grading system earlier this week, including a switch to grading students based on mastery of the material instead of on an average grade calculated throughout the year.

Data provided by the school district shows that black students receive a D or an F grade 20% of the time while white students only receive a D or an F grade 7% of the time. Asian students in the district receive them even less often, reports La Jolla Light.

“This is part of our honest reckoning as a school district,” said Richard Barrera, vice president of the SDUSD. “If we’re actually going to be an anti-racist school district, we have to confront practices like this that have gone on for years and years.”

Anti-racism, as popularized by the left-wing author Ibram Kendi, purports that everything should be analyzed in terms of race and disparity.

For example, if a school district policy yields worse outcomes for black students than white students, it is racist, and ought be replaced with an “anti-racist” policy — one that can eliminate the disparity.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/major-california-school-district-to-fight-alleged...

A subjective assessment of students          ....made by a WOKE, LEFTIST teacher is going to be       even fairer,       than paying attention to the grades of individual students, calculated throughout the year.

Of course it is !!

And what could possibly go wrong !!?

And how could a system like this possibly introduce unfairness and bias against people of the wrong skin colour,
when it will be administered by teachers belonging to the 'WOKE POLICE' !!?

/sarc off

Psalms 12:8
The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Psalms 146:8
The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

Proverbs 12:17
He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness...

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Hating truth and hating the open expression of what is true, is a 'sin' and it is a serious flaw in any persons psyche, imo.

Those persons within a nation, which engage in such conduct [i.e. suppress truth telling],
can't blame anyone except persons like themselves, when the despot and the dictator rises,
and their safety and their freedoms are gone.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
- George Orwell

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
- George Orwell            [even if this quote is mis-attributed to Orwell, the pursuit of truth remains a great virtue]

"If thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought."
- George Orwell

"England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals are ashamed of their own nationality."
- George Orwell

"I consider that willingness to criticize Russia and Stalin is the test of intellectual honesty."
- George Orwell, to his friend John Middleton Murry, a wartime pacifist

"Nothing is gained by teaching a parrot a new word. What is needed is the right to print what one believes to be true, without having to fear bullying or blackmail from any side."
- George Orwell
ideology vs. truth

"To admit that an opponent might be both honest and intelligent is felt to be intolerable.
It is more immediately satisfying to shout that he is a fool or a scoundrel, or both, than to find out what he is really like."
- George Orwell

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
- Herbert Spencer

"There are two ways to be fooled [deceived].
One way is to believe what is not true.
The other is to refuse to accept what is true."
- Soren Kierkegaard

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2020 at 11:47am

My Aim is to one day read 10% of the words you post.

Quote:
Merit is an inherently racist construct

This is typically true in a lot of cases but not only based on colour - Merit is a flawed concept in general almost impossible to ascertain and seldom genuinely used.

The fact is that people honestly believe that people they like perform well and just as earnestly believe people they do not like so much are not good performers. Neither relates in any way to actual performance or ability race or religion.

This surpasses racism, White People who in general try their best to not be racist may still have a personal preference for white people in terms of general friendship.

This is enough to sway the equation to the point where they are unfortunate that in all their interactions the white person has just happened to have been the one with merit on their side. Attractive people also do better on the same basis as do people with similar belief systems.

It is a fact that the guy who drinks black beer with the boss gets the promotion and it is based on merit even if performance indicators disagree.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 9:17am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 18th, 2020 at 11:47am:

....Merit is a flawed concept in general almost impossible to ascertain and seldom genuinely used.

That argument is bull shite.

When you go to the supermarket, i'll wager, that you like your fruit to have 'merit'.

And, that you refuse to select bruised, over-ripe or spoiled fruit.

Dnarever,

That makes you discriminatory, and a fruit racist.

....The fact is that people honestly believe   that people they like   perform well and just as earnestly believe   people they do not like   so much are not good performers. Neither relates in any way to actual performance or ability race or religion.

Dnarever,

Again, that is a bull shite argument.

SELECTING FOR MERIT, isn't about [a criteria of,] 'which people' [to select].

It isn't about selecting 'people'.

It isn't     ABOUT     a white person, or a brown person, or a yellow person [being 'selected'].

ARGUMENT;
SELECTING FOR MERIT, is about   OBSERVABLE   values and   OBSERVABLE   standards.

i.e.
When i go to the supermarket, and i reject spoiled fruit, i'm exercising discrimination [choice!].

Because, i want my fruit to have 'merit'.

Yadda said
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1576731498/23#23
Quote:

It is our God given right [or the right of every self-aware being] to 'discriminate' in this life.

To have the right, to choose one thing, over another.

And the world around us, to varying degrees, will judge us, for our choices.

Having     the SKILL,     to recognise and to value [i.e. to appreciate] the difference [between different things and different personal traits and personal 'inclinations'], is called 'discrimination'.

Dictionary;
discrimination = =
1 the action of discriminating against people.
2 recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.       good judgement or taste.

Dictionary;
discriminating = = having or showing good taste or judgement.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1514959351/11#11
Quote:

Merit is a social construct.

When i'm in the supermarket, i won't select bruised, over-ripe or spoiled fruit.

I like my fruit to have 'merit'.

I'm discriminatory, when it comes to my fruit selection.

That makes me a fruit racist.

Which is also a social construct.

We shouldn't choose the make up of our national sporting teams on merit.

We should select 2 whites ones, and 2 yellow ones, and 6 brown ones.

Because everyone has equal merit.

Thats why no 'country shopping' Vietnamese are rushing the Somali border, to get in.

But why 'country shopping' Vietnamese are trying to sneak across the UK border.

.....because Somalia and the UK have equal merits, as places to be desired, to live in.

.....which is an absurd assertion.

And when i go to the supermarket later in the week to restock my larder, i'm still going to reject bruised, over-ripe or spoiled fruit.

Because its the     discriminatory      thing to do.

Yadda said somewhere.....
Quote:

"We are all the same. And there is no difference between us.", is the mantra that the humanists keep repeating.

But don't believe it!

Because it is our personal value systems [that have formed within us, from childhood until adulthood], which define who we are, as individuals.

And it is the - individual - which helps to define [the nature and the character of] his immediate 'environment' [i.e. the nature and the character of his community], and it is the collection of [those] communities [within a nation] that define the nature and character of a nation.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 9:27am

I don't know who was worse for lengthy over-worked posts?
Yadda or It_is_the_Light? Undecided

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 8:47pm

I was wrong, I didn't see the inference that Merit was being applied to fruit in a racist manner ?

My bad.

Quote:
When you go to the supermarket, i'll wager, that you like your fruit to have 'merit'.

Have to admit that I have never assessed fruit in terms of merit. My bad I must be doing it wrong.

I should have said that in older telecommunications systems a discriminating repeater wasn't a bad thing. A true statement but irrelevant. just like your fruit.

I see no argument to justify a discussion on fruit racism.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:29pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 8:47pm:

I was wrong, I didn't see the inference that Merit was being applied to fruit in a racist manner ?

My bad.

Quote:

Have to admit that I have never assessed fruit in terms of merit. My bad I must be doing it wrong.

I should have said that in older telecommunications systems a discriminating repeater wasn't a bad thing. A true statement but irrelevant. just like your fruit.

I see no argument to justify a discussion on fruit racism.

I expected no less from you.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 8:36pm

This surpasses racism, White People who in general try their best to not be racist may still have a personal preference for white people in terms of general friendship.

So white people just can't help being racist? And how dare they have personal preferences!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 9:37pm

Setanta wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 8:36pm:

So white people just can't help being racist?

And how dare they have personal preferences!

Set,

It is much worse than that.

Like many other people, i have white skin.

There is no 'redemption' for people like myself.

My 'whiteness' is an un-shed-able burden to me !

I'm a, RACIST !

Ask any tinted person [or WOKE white person].

WWW search.....
people who are white, are inherently racist

Dictionary;
inherent = = existing in something as a permanent or essential attribute.

WWW search.....
critical race theory, white, racist

Quote:

Definition

According to the UCLA School of Public Affairs:[10]

CRT recognizes that racism is engrained in the fabric and system of the American society. The individual racist need not exist to note that institutional racism is pervasive in the dominant culture. This is the analytical lens that CRT uses in examining existing power structures. CRT identifies that these power structures are based on white privilege and white supremacy, which perpetuates the marginalization of people of color.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory#Definition

Quote:

Whiteness as property

From the CRT perspective, the white skin that some Americans possess is akin to owning a piece of property, in that it grants privileges to the owner that a renter (in this case, a person of color) would not be afforded.[32] Cheryl I. Harris and Gloria Ladson-Billings describe this notion of whiteness as property, whereby whiteness is the ultimate property that whites alone can possess; valuable just like property. The property functions of whiteness – i.e., rights to disposition; rights to use and enjoyment, reputation, and status property; and the absolute right to exclude – make the American dream more likely and attainable for whites as citizens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory#Whiteness_as_property

And,     'CRITICAL RACE THEORY'      is what is being taught in Western schools today, to our children !!!

WICKED, EVIL.

Designed to topple [politically undermine] Western nations from within.

MARXISTS !

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 9:33am

Mathematics is racist in Oregon  (yes, the wokeiest woke place in the universe)

The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) recently encouraged teachers to register for training that encourages “ethnomathematics” and argues, among other things, that White supremacy manifests itself in the focus on finding the right answer.

An ODE newsletter sent last week advertises a Feb. 21 “Pathway to Math Equity Micro-Course,” which is designed for middle school teachers to make use of a toolkit for “dismantling racism in mathematics.” The event website identifies the event as a partnership between California’s San Mateo County Office of Education, The Education Trust-West and others.

Part of the toolkit includes a list of ways “white supremacy culture” allegedly “infiltrates math classrooms.” Those include “the focus is on getting the ‘right’ answer,” students being “required to ‘show their work,'” and other alleged manifestations.

“The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so,” the document for the “Equitable Math” toolkit reads. “Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict.”

When 2+2=4 is white supremacist - what isn't?

The falsifying, deforming of language and thought is the primary tool of progressives.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 10:03am

Yadda wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 11:02pm:

Merit is an inherently racist construct which promotes and advantages
For whites.

Of course it does.

/sarc off

Merit in most cases is a meaningless term. It would be more correct to say opinion of merit.

Any merit based decision hardly ever in fact is merit based. It is mostly based of flawed opinion of merit. This can lead to genuine merit based decisions always favouring one group over another.

People very much tend to firmly believe that people they like perform well. (whether they do or not). People also believe that people they do not like perform poorly with the range in between. It is almost impossible for people to see past this inbuilt positioning.

This in fact can and does impact black people working in white environments and white people working in black environments as it applies to homosexual v Heterosexual work environments, Male v Female etc.

Has anyone not seen a work environment where there is a known pecking order of favouritism based on supposed merit yet a change in team management sees the pecking order turned on its head.

I will give you a clue what happened isn't that the good performers all became poor performers and the poor performers all became good performers. The only thing that changed was the opinion or rating of the same performance the opinion of merit changed with no variation to actual performance based merit.

This is that the guy or girl black or white hetro or home who previously had performance based merit no longer does but a person who previously had no merit now has it and this all happens without performance changing, the only change is in opinion.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2021 at 10:40am by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2021 at 10:58am

Dnarever wrote on Feb 14th, 2021 at 10:03am:
Yadda wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 11:02pm:

Merit is an inherently racist construct which promotes and advantages
For whites.

Of course it does.

/sarc off

Merit in most cases is a meaningless term. It would be more correct to say opinion of merit.

Any merit based decision hardly ever in fact is merit based. It is mostly based of flawed opinion of merit. This can lead to genuine merit based decisions always favouring one group over another.

People very much tend to firmly believe that people they like perform well. (whether they do or not). People also believe that people they do not like perform poorly with the range in between. It is almost impossible for people to see past this inbuilt positioning.

This in fact can and does impact black people working in white environments and white people working in black environments as it applies to homosexual v Heterosexual work environments, Male v Female etc.

Has anyone not seen a work environment where there is a known pecking order of favouritism based on supposed merit yet a change in team management sees the pecking order turned on its head.

I will give you a clue what happened isn't that the good performers all became poor performers and the poor performers all became good performers. The only thing that changed was the opinion or rating of the same performance the opinion of merit changed with no variation to actual performance based merit.

This is that the guy or girl black or white hetro or home who previously had performance based merit no longer does but a person who previously had no merit now has it and this all happens without performance changing, the only change is in opinion.

Your argument has zero merit.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2021 at 1:12am

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #13 - May 11th, 2021 at 6:46pm

Yeah.....rightttttttttttttt

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 28th, 2021 at 9:40am

This poison is spreading

In her blueprint, [Tigard-Tualatin School District Director of Equity and Inclusion, Zinnia Un] describes the new oppressor as an amalgamation of “whiteness,” “colour-blindness,” “individualism,” and “meritocracy”… For Un, they are the values of white society, the primary impediment to social justice.

What is the solution to pathological whiteness? According to Un and the Tigard-Tualatin School District, the answer lies with a new form of “white identity development.” In a series of “antiracist resources” provided to teachers, the Department of Equity and Inclusion includes a handful of strategies for this identity transformation… Couched in the language of professional development, the process assumes that whites are born “racist,” even if they “don’t purposely or consciously act in a racist way.” The first step in the training document is “contact,” defined as confronting whites with “active racism or real-world experiences that highlight their whiteness.” The goal is to provoke an emotional rupture that brings the subject to the next step, “disintegration,” in which he or she feels intense “white guilt” and “white shame,” and admits: “I feel bad for being white.”
https://www.city-journal.org/critical-race-theory-portland-public-schools

This malicious bile is spreading everywhere.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print