Squab pigeon casserole
Oct 17th, 2020 at 4:56pm

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Re: Squab pigeon casserole
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 4:58pm

I am not even sure whether we can buy pigeon in Australia but in the UK they love eating it, apparently.  Smiley

I watch the British Masterchef programs and some of the meat they cook with I have never tasted or seen sold here.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 5:04pm

sounds revolting   I was told by someone who kept pigeons   you could only  eat 2 per year.

they eat a lot of offal in England waste not want not.. you dont watch free to air...[snob] but on sbs there is a show on Victorian London Slums  and people who would have had ancestors living in the slums of London 150 years ago   have been sent back in time.....and its terrible...no holds barred  its all there... and when I think about it thats probably how and where my ancestors lived .. I am a born cockney  they have just told us how the pearly Kings and Queens came about...they still have them...its quite an honor I believe..

pigs trotters were big Nef..

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 5:18pm

cods wrote on Oct 17th, 2020 at 5:04pm:
sounds revolting   I was told by someone who kept pigeons   you could only  eat 2 per year.

they eat a lot of offal in England waste not want not.. you dont watch free to air...[snob] but on sbs there is a show on Victorian London Slums  and people who would have had ancestors living in the slums of London 150 years ago   have been sent back in time.....and its terrible...no holds barred  its all there... and when I think about it thats probably how and where my ancestors lived .. I am a born cockney  they have just told us how the pearly Kings and Queens came about...they still have them...its quite an honor I believe..

pigs trotters were big Nef..

Yes, the Lifestyle Channel on Foxtel shows a lot of that sort of thing and I do watch then.  Currently there is a new one called "Back in Time for the Corner Shop".  They started with the Victorian era, next is the 20s, then 30s, and so forth.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000frl8/episodes/guide

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2020 at 5:25pm

UK Masterchef recipes are here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/programmes/b006t1k5/recipes

The UK Masterchef : The Professionals recipes are here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/5pVdK5Kg3yTMKcc82FGQfT3/recipes

Have a look at the meat they use and vegetables, some I have never heard of.  Grin

Gone are the days when the English (Scottish and Irish) served "stodge" or meat and 3 veg!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print