Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Nostrodamus (Read 1060 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Nostrodamus
Oct 17th, 2020 at 6:03am

Not sure if Nostrodamus had anything on the Corona Wu-Flu Virus?

But of the Great Plague. Nostrodamus, a Jewish-Catholic, told the people of his time to burn their clothes and have a wash!
It was a purely simple 'Cure' beyond the need for Lock Downs or Vaccines.

So too should today get a sex education and clean up this toxic and polluted world.

...dirty, dirty people.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Nostrodamus
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 8:26am

I'm sure someone will invent it.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 8:46am

Well I'm pleased to hear that some countries are now looking at Australia's and New Zealand's efforts with a bit more interest as an 'alternative' to the usual Western way of America. Even Boris is leaning towards how us useless throw-away Aussies have come out of this Global Pandemic with a 'short term pain (lock-down) - long term gain' (healthy work-force). While most nations are losing both their Economy and work-force productivity.

Overall, the world needs to 'clean up' its act otherwise the Viruses will keep emerging in a global scale and become far more dangerous. Some will kill millions in a blink of an eye, while others will have life-long detrimental effects...
like people wandering around like emphysema Zombies struggling to breath. A symbolic display of the state of our polluted world. Where people in China and other heavily polluted areas were wearing masks long before Covid-19 in the first place.

I can now relate to Asimov's Spacers and have no doubt he was influenced and insinuated to the case of the Australian 'Colony' way of things. Yes - we seem to 'space' things out nicely here.

Until then, I guess we gotta keep putting up with nations saying they'll have a vaccine by next week, although they seem the most 'polluted' and over-populated to allow the Virus to proliferate.

Ironic that our 'Prison Colony' and a 'lock-down' is our saving grace.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 10:07am

Nostradamus! I've got the paperback here, somewhere. The Yanks saying that Nostradamus predicted JFK's assassination is ridiculous.  He didn't prediction UFOs either. No such thing.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 10:26am

Neferti wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 10:07am:
Nostradamus! I've got the paperback here, somewhere. The Yanks saying that Nostradamus predicted JFK's assassination is ridiculous.  He didn't prediction UFOs either. No such thing.

He never predicted a thing. Its always been a case of postdiction.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:13am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 10:26am:

Exactly. I did go through a phase when I read that stuff and also the "stars" (horoscopes).  Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:57am

In the case of Covid and similar plagues, sounds more like we need Nostrildamus to me.

Looks like I'm going to have to change my concept of Lifeboat Australia to Lifeboat Australasia ... it seems Inevitable™ that the Southern Rump will lead the world in survival.

There will be more viral plagues.... this one is just testing the waters... but there are mega-over-populations to bring down, so more to come.

Dirty is as dirty does, sir.... one of the great improvements in general health is due to bathing every day and clean clothing and bedding... once you have that baseline it becomes easier.  The hotter climes, of course, have their special issues with extra bugs and such... not to mention their propensity to breed like flies... a disaster waiting for a place to set down...

Can never forget the pictures of Indians told to go home and self-isolate due to Covid - photos of a vast crowd headed for home cheek by jowl...   Roll Eyes

For the buffs - maybe they'll corner Covid one day:-

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:11pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:02pm

Neferti wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:13am:

Exactly. I did go through a phase when I read that stuff and also the "stars" (horoscopes).  Grin

At one of my first jobs, there were a couple of people who were right into horoscopes.

I used to read them out of the paper during morning tea, and they'd nod and say things like "Yes, that sounds like me" or, "Yes, that happened to me last week - it's so accurate!".

Funny thing was, I used to read them the wrong ones   Grin

If they were Virgos, I'd read Sagittarius.

If they were Taurus, I'd read them Scorpio.

They always said they were spot on though.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:18pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:02pm:

At one of my first jobs, there were a couple of people who were right into horoscopes.

I used to read them out of the paper during morning tea, and they'd nod and say things like "Yes, that sounds like me" or, "Yes, that happened to me last week - it's so accurate!".

I recall someone doing something similar in Alaska, they wrote a whole heap of phrases down and just randomly assigned them each day to the horoscopes

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:41pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:18pm:

I recall someone doing something similar in Alaska, they wrote a whole heap of phrases down and just randomly assigned them each day to the horoscopes

When you are young, you sometimes believe that horoscope stuff. Then the penny drops. It's all bullshit.  Grin

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2020 at 3:16pm

You're such a Leo

I've heard about studies where people have been presented with their horoscope and asked to rate it's accuracy. Most people rated it a accurate until they were told that everyone had been given exactly the same vague generalisations

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 3:39pm

I don't dismiss such interpretations of life by Humanity - manifesting in Horoscopes, Tarots, Ouji and all that.
I love watching the odd Doco that through 'Science' a lot has been 'translated' into a more accurate understanding of circumstance in these 'modern' times. A lot is more about 'entertainment' value, more than the search for truth... just like the Author who capitalised on the Bermuda Triangle and added 'mystery' to it that made it a best seller.

The irony is that although Science can explain why the dead's fingernails keep growing, whereas the older interpretation was of the corpse becoming 'undead'.

I think its arrogant and obnoxious of Science to dismiss all this stuff with absolutism. Afterall, where was Science back then? Did it need Religion to start its fire?

To dismiss such stuff that we have come to associate with former 'divine' Member It_is_the_Light - in absolutism is like Science being the life account of 'In the Heart of the Sea' and dismissing the 'fictional' account in what is deemed  America's Greatest Novel... Moby Dick.

A Scientist would say the Earth is NOT the center of the Universe and the Scientist would be right.
A Spiritualist would say the Earth IS the center of OUR universe and the Spiritualist would also be right.
There can be more than just 'one' right answer ...kinda like thinking with both sides of your brain.

From my own experience, I've 'experienced' some incredibly strange associations to some very unexplainable occurances. I ain't going to go into detail. But it's definately stuff even Science would find hard to explain.

Things like Tarot came from the 'Artistic' people who live a life more through 'visualisation' - like a Catholic compared to a more 'political' Protestant. It served many purposes, from cheap entertainment, Artistic endeavour and even an early 'visual' form of Psychology in regards to 'advice' and 'confession' like a Religion would.

A lot also comes from that 6th sense (I reckon there is more) and deja-vu.
A lot of Science has found much success in its association with such stuff - even Science has learned a lot.

Guy survives a car accident as one onlooker says "Buy a Lottery Ticket."
So a few days after leaving hospital he buys a Lottery Ticket. He wins big time!
Coincidence - yes. But interesting how 'coincidence' works isn't it? Wink

Evolution and Creationism are 'both right'.
I think some of you need to be a bit more ambidextrous with both hemisphere's of your brains.

So if you can't read and value both In the Heart of the Sea and Moby Dick - both of the same circumstance...

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 4:04pm

I remember years ago I predicted that someone would say Nostradamus predicted JFK's assassination. How good is that???

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 4:05pm

Jest wrote on Oct 27th, 2020 at 4:04pm:

I remember years ago I predicted that someone would say Nostradamus predicted JFK's assassination. How good is that???

Well done!!!!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 4:40pm

Neferti wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:41pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:18pm:

When you are young, you sometimes believe that horoscope stuff. Then the penny drops. It's all bullshit.  Grin

NO NEF!!   now you tell me.... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print