Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Re: scab
Reply #90 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:04am

Gnads wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:39am:
Jest wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:17am:
freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 9:14pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 8:18pm:
Grin Grin Grin Whose arse did you pull that one out of? Up until covid, unemployment was on the decline

Do I really have to explain why businesses grow? Are you really that simple?

It was Friedman's biggest lie; that tax cuts and business profitability leads to more jobs and higher wages. Business profitability can lead to more jobs but the effect is very minimal. That's because (i) putting on new staff is the last resort for any business and (ii) Business like to use the money to draw down debt (in other words give the many back to the banks), buy back shares, watch their bank balance grow and when they spend its usually for a big ticket luxury item o'seas.

So of course cutting penalty rates didn't generate new jobs and truth is they knew it wouldn't. Its was just another money grab by the Business Unions.      

Many of you have seen this guy B4 but his message is just as true today. More money to Business does not create jobs. More money in the pockets of the working/middle class does that. 

Only IPA stooges claim otherwise

Good video.....

the old saying money is made round to go round .. not flat to stack .....is true

As this bloke states .... take away income from the working classes with wage cuts & under-employment

only takes money out of the economy and business suffers.

The less people have the less they spend in their businesses.

They seem so hooked on this ideology that they don't see that they are starving themselves.

He hints at the reasons why the Business class persists with this policy even though it means less profit and growth for them. For many its about a sense of their own entitlement and about status. They deserve more from the State and more concessions from the State because if it wasn't for them everything would crumble and for status you need someone lower than you and the lower the better. 

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #91 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:17am

So true.....

I refer you once again to St Julia's comment that:- 'Asians will become consumers of high quality finished goods' - in relation to his comment on 'consumers drive the economy (something that has been the mainstay of the very 'consumer society' that businesses promote as THE way of life).

Problem for St Julia is/was that while SOME Asians (etc) would fit that bill under the policy of shifting production to the Third World - (sorr) - SOME the majority would be 'promoted' from field hand slavery and street prostitution to wage and tax slavery working in industries that are only there to exploit their low 'labour cost'.  The majority would remain field hands and street prostitutes and earn their living as girlie-boys, while the top few would prosper mightily.  Once that 'market' for low labour dries up with escalating rises in income and such (as I've discussed as happening in China), and the 'labour costs' worldwide begin to level out - these same industries will once again shift shop to somewhere else, and the whole pattern will repeat.

In this context - both 'globalisation' and 'internationalism' are doomed to failure.  Once everyone is 'equal' there is no reason to trade - and the West once prospered ONLY because it had the capacity to produce finished goods and then sell them on to other countries at 'value added' prices.

Once you remove production (not productivity) from a nation, you doom it to Third World Status as the receiver of value added goods rather than the provider of those.

(p.s.  I once did figures that showed (roughly) that to 'compete' with someone in the Third World, an Australian wage earner would have to lose, at that time, something like $17 ph out of $20.  Lowering your own while boosting incomes of 'the rest' has never once succeeded in making everyone 'equal' or in creating a society that is genuinely prosperous across the board.... all it does is destroy a society/culture that has built itself up from the ruins of the kind of absolute laissez-faire you see in - say - Arab countries.

Shocked

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:25am

Sorry - I suppose my program there is :-  The Global International Policy of Scabbery.  Employing scabs from the Third World is no different from bussing scabs onto the wharves.

Over there they hang or shoot their Unionists.... bloody Trotskyites...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #93 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:29am

Grin Grin Grin Whose arse did you pull that one out of? Up until covid, unemployment was on the decline

So the rates cuts did boost employment after all? Thanks John, your idiocy cuts both ways.

I think the point was that overall unemployment was declining when the unemployment in the impacted industries was going the other way (as shown in the numbers).  Your statment does support your contention when left stand alone and out of context.

Quote:
Why will it grow ?

Quote:
If a business becomes more profitable, due to lower wages for example, it will grow.

The question was specific to your open unjustified statement above that it would if wages were reduced. I never asked what you have said here. I went on to show reasons why reduced wages would more likely produce the opposite result. Funnily enough with the penalty rate decreases what the real world result was in fact aligns with my view not yours.

Insult and non answer noted.

I don't mind non answers it is always the posters choice. I do it myself but usually in non posts.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:31am

I've noticed that in the past many businesses grew and grew under our Awards system of payment to workers.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #95 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 11:08am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:31am:
I've noticed that in the past many businesses grew and grew under our Awards system of payment to workers.

The New Deal Policies that strengthened Unions and delivered consistent wage increases right up until the mid 70s also delivered one of the longest (if not the longest) period of uninterrupted growth since the industrial revolution began.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #96 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:10pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:29am:

So the rates cuts did boost employment after all? Thanks John, your idiocy cuts both ways.

I think the point was that overall unemployment was declining when the unemployment in the impacted industries was going the other way (as shown in the numbers).  Your statment does support your contention when left stand alone and out of context.

Quote:
Why will it grow ?

Quote:
If a business becomes more profitable, due to lower wages for example, it will grow.

The question was specific to your open unjustified statement above that it would if wages were reduced.

Where did I say that?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #97 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:46pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:10pm:
Dnarever wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:29am:

Quote:
Why will it grow ?

Quote:

The question was specific to your open unjustified statement above that it would if wages were reduced.

Where did I say that?

Post 86 ?

Quote:
FD
Quote:
This is simplistic to the point of stupidity. If a business becomes more profitable, due to lower wages for example, it will grow.

Why will it grow ?
low wages does not contribute to growth ? Disenchanted employees on reduced wages does not encourage productivity. Employees leaving is not a positive, Hard to find replacement employees are not overly interested in low paying work. Nor are new employees efficient or effective in the workplace.

So the business may well be left with employee churn inexperienced employees and short numbers. This in turn has a negative impact on service quality.

In short typically lowering wages will make the business more difficult to grow.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #98 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 8:03pm

You are confused.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 8:08pm

Not in the sector most affected by rate cuts it didn't

Quote:
Why will it grow ? Do I really have to explain why businesses grow? Are you really that simple?

Simple is the best word to describe you FD. Like I said earlier, you've never spoken to any small business owners have you.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #100 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 10:28pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 8:03pm:
You are confused.

Yes confused but I am still right.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #101 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:00am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 10:28pm:
You are confused.

Ah, the quintessential unionist.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:36am

freediver wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:00am:
You are confused.

Actually that's a mirror to your responses

you always think you are right .... always.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #103 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 3:26pm

You are confused.

Yes I didn't like to confederacy ?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #104 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 3:32pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:36am:
You are confused.

Actually that's a mirror to your responses

you always think you are right .... always.

And I can explain why, which is a bit better than making up stuff about what others have posted.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print