Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
WA Libs facing wipeout (Read 2803 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: WA Libs facing wipeout
Reply #15 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:31am

Early voting has started.

I'll be casting my ballot (for Kim Beazley's daughter) tomorrow.

Details of where you can vote:

https://www.elections.wa.gov.au/elections/state/sgelection#/sg2021/pollingPlaceE...

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #16 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:44am

Thanks, Greg.

My aunt and I will be voting early. The 222 Belmont Avenue, Cloverdale Early Voting Centre is perfect for us - right across the road from Belmont Forum.

We'll be voting for our local Labor member Cassie Rowe again, of course.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 9:00am

Carl D wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:44am:
Thanks, Greg.

My aunt and I will be voting early. The 222 Belmont Avenue, Cloverdale Early Voting Centre is perfect for us - right across the road from Belmont Forum.

Cassie has no competition.

I need to go into my office tomorrow, and I have a choice of three early voting centres in the CBD all near me.

Much better than previous years.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 10:37am

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 11:15am

Zak Kirkup has conceded defeat already.

Very strange tactic.

IP Logged

Kid Dynomite

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 11:33am

[quote author=greggerypeccary link=1602111487/18#18 date=1614213471]
Just voted!

walabor.org.au/hannahbeazleyvicpark

She couldn't win her seat in the federal election, now daddy has made sure she's plonked into a safe seat so she be as big a parasite as he is.

What a disgrace.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 11:34am

Kid Dynomite wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 11:33am:
[quote author=greggerypeccary link=1602111487/18#18 date=1614213471]
Just voted!

walabor.org.au/hannahbeazleyvicpark

She couldn't win her seat in the federal election, now daddy has made sure she's plonked into a safe seat so she be as big a parasite as he is.

What a disgrace.

It's gonna be nice seeing a Beazley in parliament again

Happy days   Smiley

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 9:58am

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 11:15am:

Very strange tactic.

He's probably milking the "underdog" status for all he can. He will probably still lose his seat.

However, there's a long game in play here. The malapportionment in the Legislative Council is skewed very heavily towards the Coalition parties, with the votes of rural voters having twice the value of voters in Perth. When in government, the Liberals and Nationals routinely control the Legislative Council but Labor governments have not. If Labor gains control of the Legislative Council, they may consider reforming it to introduce something closer to one vote, one value.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 10:48am

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 11:15am:

Very strange tactic.

Why would Zak Kirkup concede defeat just two weeks out from WA's election?
Quote:
Last week Zak Kirkup appeared to be edging closer to raising the white flag, shifting his campaign rhetoric to emphasise the need to avoid giving Labor "total control".

"That's dangerous for the future of our state," the Opposition Leader warned last week, claiming Labor would prioritise "scary and fringe" policies if it secured the rare prize of a majority in both Houses of Parliament.

And Mr Kirkup's latest comments appear to be doubling down on that.

For the Liberal party the election has now become a last-ditch effort to save the furniture and try to prevent the government getting a majority in the Upper House.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #24 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:25pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 10:37am:

Had a look at our local Early Voting Centre when I went up to Belmont Forum earlier.

Seemed fairly busy, I was thinking about casting my vote there and then but since my aunt wasn't with me we'll both go over and vote when I pick her up after she's done her shopping at the Forum next Wednesday.

I was speaking to one of the guys handing out the voting cards for Labor and I showed him the picture (on my phone) of my aunt with Mark McGowan taken on Tuesday. He said: "I must be the only Labor supporter here who's never had his picture taken with Mark".  Grin

Oh, I wonder if anyone there has noticed the "ADULT STORE" advertisement on the rubbish bin right outside the voting centre? Its for a store called "Sinderellas" (which is just around the corner off to the left of this picture).  Shocked

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2021 at 5:07pm by Carl D »  

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:26pm

The opposition leader has called defeat 16 days before the election. Probably a rare thing in this day and age when most end up in gunfire. The Premier's popularity is immense across the state like Jacinda's in New Zealand. Again, rare things. I would have done the same. Waste of money trying to pump a denial along anymore. Best save it for the next election. Could turn out looking like a fool denialist just talking positive speak like at a motivation seminar. Live to fight another day with some credibility. An honorable thing to do. Just get on with it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 7:23pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:26pm:
The opposition leader has called defeat 16 days before the election. Probably a rare thing in this day and age when most end up in gunfire. The Premier's popularity is immense across the state like Jacinda's in New Zealand. Again, rare things. I would have done the same. Waste of money trying to pump a denial along anymore. Best save it for the next election. Could turn out looking like a fool denialist just talking positive speak like at a motivation seminar. Live to fight another day with some credibility. An honorable thing to do. Just get on with it.

Lol    Grin

He won't be fighting anything.

The Libs will sack him the day after the election, and he'll move on and get a job walking dogs for Jutland Parade Perthonalities.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 3:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 7:23pm:
Jasin wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:26pm:

Lol    Grin

He won't be fighting anything.

The Libs will sack him the day after the election, and he'll move on and get a job walking dogs for Jutland Parade Perthonalities.

If the WA Opposition leader loses his own seat, the WA Opposition may not have any choice over keeping their leader.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #28 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 6:21pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 9:00am:
Carl D wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 8:44am:
Thanks, Greg.

Cassie has no competition.

I need to go into my office tomorrow, and I have a choice of three early voting centres in the CBD all near me.

Much better than previous years.

I met Cassie Rowe for the first time on Sunday when she was doorknocking in the area with some of her staff/volunteers. She didn't come to our place but I saw her when I was returning from the Kooyong Road IGA.

And, I met her again today when I passed the early voting centre when I was leaving Belmont Forum, she was handing out how to vote cards but she wasn't wearing the Labor red shirts like everyone else was (I managed to resist making the obvious Star Trek Redshirt comment).  Shocked

Nice lady. She actually looks younger in person than she does in the pictures I've seen of her.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #29 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 9:39am

We voted at the Early Voting Centre across from Belmont Forum yesterday and Cassie Rowe was there again to meet people and help with handing out how to vote cards.

My aunt is becoming quite the celebrity - she had her picture taken with Mark McGowan last week and now yesterday with Cassie Rowe. Cool

I had to crop the picture to the 'portrait' style because the full 'landscape' picture I took had a picture of Cassie's opponent Charlotte Butler and a "Vote Liberal Locally" sign just off to the right (I didn't notice it when I took the picture). Shocked

If I go up to Belmont Forum again today and I see Cassie I'll show her the 'uncropped' picture on my phone. Grin

20210304_141019.jpg (122 KB | 6 )
20210304_141019.jpg

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print