Australian Politics

Re: daylight savings 2020
Reply #45 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:50pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:40pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:18pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:22pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:01pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 5:55pm:
If you cannot get your outdoors work done between 6am and 6pm, then you are not doing enough for time management.

thats not always up to the individual. People are restricted in their time management by their jobs.

Then what is the issue? If you are a 9am to 5pm worker, what makes you think an extra hour of afternoon daylight will get people motivated enough to make use of their time in the daylight after work?

what makes you think 8-5 workers aren't motivated to use that extra hour? Roll Eyes

Because someone working 9 hours a day, whether in the office or outdoors, would not come home and refresh and then decide to go back out in the sun to do yard work or even play. You would be readying yourself for dinner. After that, you are too tired to do anything (dark or not dark) and you are ready for bed.
Thats you, not everyone else, I get full use out of daylight saving.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #46 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:00pm

Too hot to go out in the sun during the summer. I get my outdoors activities completed in the late afternoon after 3pm. Exercise after dark. Indoor much for the rest of the time.

And what do you do from 8am to 5pm that you cannot do 9am to 6pm during daylight savings?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:20pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:00pm:
Too hot to go out in the sun during the summer. I get my outdoors activities completed in the late afternoon after 3pm. Exercise after dark. Indoor much for the rest of the time.

And what do you do from 8am to 5pm that you cannot do 9am to 6pm during daylight savings?

Lol, what exercise? A slow bike ride round the block? Get outside man and exercise in  the heat, sweat, get healthy. Go for broke, do 2 ks on your bike instead of 1. Stress conditioning in the heat is ideal for fitness. Take that big book of excuses you have and toss it away.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #48 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 10:57pm

Yeah... exercise... me. I just got back from a 4km walk around the area. I am okay with working in the yard. But I will not go out and do mowing in the middle of the day. Most people stay indoors during the day. And the time to be outdoors is between daybreak and 10am and then again after 3pm.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #49 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 9:10am

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 4:55pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 4:41pm:
Must be time for the forum bi-annual whinge about daylight saving

We had a topic about it somewhere. Maybe resurrect that, instead.

I think it is turning it on that people complain about not so much turning it off. It gives the curtains and the cows 6 months to recover.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 11:02am

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:40pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:18pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:22pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:01pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 5:55pm:
If you cannot get your outdoors work done between 6am and 6pm, then you are not doing enough for time management.

thats not always up to the individual. People are restricted in their time management by their jobs.

Then what is the issue? If you are a 9am to 5pm worker, what makes you think an extra hour of afternoon daylight will get people motivated enough to make use of their time in the daylight after work?

what makes you think 8-5 workers aren't motivated to use that extra hour? Roll Eyes

Because someone working 9 hours a day, whether in the office or outdoors, would not come home and refresh and then decide to go back out in the sun to do yard work or even play. You would be readying yourself for dinner. After that, you are too tired to do anything (dark or not dark) and you are ready for bed.

see that says more about you than anyone else. You're assuming everyone else is like you. I for one would certainly love that extra hour of daylight when i get home to play with my kids, take them for a walk on the beach, tend to my vege garden or mow the lawn etc. Even better that it would be outside of the hottest part of the day. Just because you're a bludger don't assume everyone else is.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 11:04am

derr ... you answered your own question  ... do the things that need doing outside ... outside of the hot sun Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #52 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 1:44pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 11:02am:
see that says more about you than anyone else. You're assuming everyone else is like you. I for one would certainly love that extra hour of daylight when i get home to play with my kids, take them for a walk on the beach, tend to my vege garden or mow the lawn etc. Even better that it would be outside of the hottest part of the day. Just because you're a bludger don't assume everyone else is.

Well, geez, Mr Triathlete 2021.... I did a 5-hour shift at work where I was outside for much of the time, earlier this year. I got home around 4 that afternoon and had to rehydrate, shower and then get into bed for an hour to sleep.

Who the hell gets home from work at 4 or 5 pm in the afternoon, has a quick bite to eat and then decides they want to go out and mow the lawn? I remember 8pm daylight when we had daylight saving in the early 1990s. Sun had gone down. The heat was still in the mid-30s. Could not be bothered with dinner. Oh, but we had all that extra afternoon sunlight to... sit indoors out of the sun after school or after work.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #53 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 1:48pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 11:04am:

derr ... you answered your own question  ... do the things that need doing outside ... outside of the hot sun Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If you cannot get your activities done in the same amount of daylight hours no matter daylight saving or not, then the time management issue is your problem. I can mow a whole yard (25 x 40 metres) inside an hour. Why the hell would anyone need beyond 6pm to do yard work?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 2:44pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 1:48pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 11:04am:

If you cannot get your activities done in the same amount of daylight hours no matter daylight saving or not, then the time management issue is your problem. I can mow a whole yard (25 x 40 metres) inside an hour. Why the hell would anyone need beyond 6pm to do yard work?

on more time for those that are a little slow

because not everyone finishes work at lunchtime. From mid Nov until Jan I'm rarely home before 6pm.

And it's not just yard work.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #55 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 2:59pm

You are one of those "everything has to stop" because the sun goes down. The amount of times we have to hold off starting times for staff at work because the sun has influenced sales is irritating. But even your reason for playing with children in the afternoon is not really much of a reason to needing extra afternoon daylight hours. I bet the children have playtime between 4pm and "streetlights time" regardless of the time of year. And if you cannot get your activities completed after work with or without your need for daylight, then I doubt it matters whether the issue of daylight saving is necessary to resolving your problems.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #56 - Apr 5th, 2021 at 11:46pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 3:57pm:
Maybe not so long. Its been sunrise after 7.15 recently and that suc ks

I am seeing daylight before 5:30 in the morning of recent. And that is a considerable change from 4:30 daylight. In another month, it will be a matter of windows closed, doors shut and tea light candles lit in the coldest rooms to try keep warmer for those 5-degree mornings.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #57 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 3:46am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 9:10am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 4:55pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 4:41pm:
Must be time for the forum bi-annual whinge about daylight saving

We had a topic about it somewhere. Maybe resurrect that, instead.

I think it is turning it on that people complain about not so much turning it off. It gives the curtains and the cows 6 months to recover.

.. not to mention the algae on the pool.... takes all winter to get rid of..... I hate those longer days from DS.... and even the Abos inland are complaining about algal blooms in the waterways due to that extra hot hour drying up the rivers...the fish are dying.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 6:47pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 2:59pm:
You are one of those "everything has to stop" because the sun goes down.

you mean a parent of young kids? yes.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:16pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 2:59pm:
But even your reason for playing with children in the afternoon is not really much of a reason to needing extra afternoon daylight hours. I bet the children have playtime between 4pm and "streetlights time" regardless of the time of year. And if you cannot get your activities completed after work with or without your need for daylight, then I doubt it matters whether the issue of daylight saving is necessary to resolving your problems.

your problem is that you think everyone else works 3 hrs a day like you. I leave home at 5.30 in the morning and get home after 6pm in Nov/ Dec. When do you suggest I complete work i need to do outside plus dedicate play time for the kids other than sitting in front of a TV?

ohh, and FYI in summer, my kids are often out in the yard long after the street lights are on.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print