Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print
Unions increase inequality (Read 18260 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Unions increase inequality
Reply #195 - Jan 3rd, 2021 at 6:00pm

freediver wrote on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 10:48am:
Quote:
as for employment - unions do not control that... neither does government despite its perpetual claims of 'creating jobs'

Sure they do. There is a direct link between minimum wages (whether they be by government dictate or collusion), unemployment benefits etc, and levels of employment.

The last time that an increase to the minimum wage resulted in an increase to unemployment nobody here was alive.

Every time the minimum wage has been increased the Right have claimed there would be increased unemployment - never happened. Just like reducing penalty rates was going to increase employment. Whoops it led to less emp0loyment in the industry.

Gotta love the right and their voodoo economics.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #196 - Jan 3rd, 2021 at 6:29pm

Quote:
as for employment - unions do not control that... neither does government despite its perpetual claims of 'creating jobs'

Sure they do. There is a direct link between minimum wages (whether they be by government dictate or collusion), unemployment benefits etc, and levels of employment.

... along with much more major influences such as national fiscal policy, international adherence to the global economy, focus on economic activity by governments that funnel the type of 'business' adventurism and gangster capitalism they seem to adore these days as long as it pays them, and an utter lack of respect for your own people and nation along with a complete and well-padded indifference to what you are doing to so many......

Stalin would have been proud....

There is no 'link' between minimum wages and unemployment - Mexico has a dismal minimal wage and their unemployment is massive..... same-same the United States.....

US minimum wage = $7.25

US unemployment Rate = 6.7%

Australian minimum wage = $19.84

Australian unemployment rate = 6.8%

How is OUR higher minimum wage impacting on employment?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Unions increase inequalityG
Reply #197 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 10:33am

freediver wrote on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 10:11am:
Gandalf, why is it that every time you quote from this Freeman paper and criticise me for not reading the whole thing, it seems to have been published in a different year, says something different to the previous time you quoted it, and there is no link to where you got it from?

a) it is not a "Freeman paper", but merely quotes Freeman to support its overall argument - which I have conveyed to you multiple times now.

b) the link to the paper was given to you, but as usual you miss it and/or ignore it and then pretend that was all my fault.

c) rather than just doing what a normal person would do and simply read the damn paper for yourself to allay your obvious confusion about what it says - you instead opt for second guessing it, insisting I have not spoonfed you enough, and generally absolve yourself from needing to understand any of the relevant facts that directly refute the BS claims you base this thread on. But of course we all know you only do this because you know the article directly refutes your BS, and you cannot deny this.

d) all of a, b - but mostly c, is why I criticise you.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #198 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 10:35am

Can you give the link again?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #199 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 11:10am

Look it up FD. I'm sick of spoonfeeding you.

I promise you its in this thread - the very first time I quoted the article.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #200 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 2:08pm

Didn't think so.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #201 - Jan 7th, 2021 at 12:06pm

How pathetic can you get FD?

Seriously, I really am struggling to think of anything more pathetic than lying about someone's posting of evidence as a way of avoiding reading the evidence. Can you FD?

How many times have you accused me of not posting something only for me to post the link and/or post# to prove you wrong? It would have to be well into double figures now wouldn't you say? Do you reckon I've learned my lesson now? Do you understand that I would merely go through the exact same search to find and post the link that you would do?

Why would you expect me to continue spoonfeeding you FD? Once or twice may be excusable... I would even consider it if it was a genuine case of not being able to locate it - as opposed to straight out accusing me of not providing the link, when you obviously hadn't even bothered to check.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #202 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 6:44pm

Quote:
Do you understand that I would merely go through the exact same search to find and post the link that you would do?

No you wouldn't. Seeing as you posted about 20 quotes from it, I expect you know how to find it fairly easily. Not sure what you are trying to hide here.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #203 - Jan 14th, 2021 at 6:51pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 6:29pm:
Quote:

... along with much more major influences such as national fiscal policy, international adherence to the global economy, focus on economic activity by governments that funnel the type of 'business' adventurism and gangster capitalism they seem to adore these days as long as it pays them, and an utter lack of respect for your own people and nation along with a complete and well-padded indifference to what you are doing to so many......

There is no 'link' between minimum wages and unemployment - Mexico has a dismal minimal wage and their unemployment is massive..... same-same the United States.....

US minimum wage = $7.25

Fairly obvious by the numbers is we drop the minimum wage by about $12 we can improve employment by about 0.1% no - or is that just a measurement error ?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - Jan 18th, 2021 at 12:50pm

Here's one for FDs apprentice Union Basher JASIN.

Joining_a_Union.jpg (101 KB | 13 )
Joining_a_Union.jpg

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Jan 18th, 2021 at 1:40pm

Dnarever wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 6:51pm:
Quote:

US minimum wage = $7.25

Fairly obvious by the numbers is we drop the minimum wage by about $12 we can improve employment by about 0.1% no - or is that just a measurement error ?

In pure figures - probably close - in the real world - not at all.  These equations are not susceptible to pure mathematical calculation... it's a societal thing... more like chaos theory.  Most of the factors involved cannot be ... factored in......

The likelihood is more that with lower minimum wage, less purchasing power of the many means less purchasing, and therefore less employment by business who will suffer a severe downturn, probably into the negative.

Same as the figures I did (might re-do them some time) that said several years ago that in order to 'compete' with vastly lower Asian wage rates, the average Australian worker would need to drop around $17 an hour and would thus be unable to buy anything produced in Asia by our fancy-dancing businesses.  How do you buy a new Forden Supawheeler GST Turbo Special worth $95k when you earn Indian rates of pay = $180 a week or so?

https://www.worlddata.info/average-income.php

Footnote:-  Interestingly, US AVERAGE weekly earnings are considerably higher than Australia's - and we all know the vast disparity between the low paid and the high paid here - with a far lower 'minimum wage' over there, obviously the disparity between the well paid and the poor is much greater.  No wonder they loved Trump with the higher average incomes generated by his policies.

AWE is calculated on 'wage and salary earners' not including higher management etc.... capisce?  Stick around - you'll learn something every day at Grappler U - The Real U!

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2021 at 1:52pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #206 - Jan 31st, 2021 at 7:29am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 14th, 2021 at 6:51pm:
Quote:

US minimum wage = $7.25

Would you say this level of detailed analysis is typical of unions?

Is this why Gandalf is afraid to tell us where he got all that "evidence" from?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #207 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 6:18pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 18th, 2021 at 12:50pm:
Here's one for FDs apprentice Union Basher JASIN.

It's not like buying beer. You get nothing in return except hot air.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - Feb 10th, 2021 at 6:25pm

Well if they all joined Unions instead of being scabs who take the benefits fought for and held by the Unionists without paying their way, there would be no inequality, eh?

It's not the fault of Unions or their members that they can negotiate better terms and conditions under the quasi-Fascist diktat of Howard's Way = enterprise bargaining by non-Unionist individuals who are easy meat and are picked off one by one...

If all the supporters of this approach reckon they have done better out of it - why is there any discussion of so many losing out?  Maybe they are incapable of counting dollars....

"Aw, gee - look at all those fat Union bastards on that  building site getting paid heaps more than us doing the same job.  Bastards...... nothing but standover merchants... bloody Commos .... of course, our boss loves us so much he pays us less as individuals who try to reach an agreement one at a time...  bastards..." 

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #209 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 6:26pm

Quote:
Well if they all joined Unions instead of being scabs who take the benefits fought for and held by the Unionists without paying their way, there would be no inequality, eh?

Would they all suddenly be equally good at their jobs?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 
Send Topic Print