Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Unions increase inequality (Read 18263 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Unions increase inequality
Reply #150 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:04pm

Jest wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 5:20pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 4:29pm:
The only 'delusion' present is the Union belief system that every 'worker' is an ignorant Prole in need of their help... at a cost Wink
Yankee Unionists prey upon the Prole Workers.
The Superior Race of pure Australian Workers don't need 'Unions'.
Superior Workers are 'offered' like a Music Contract some pretty good deals by employers. Saw one on Australian Story once.

Unions only work for the crap Workers who need em.
Mostly crap companies hire crap workers.
Its a terrible situation.
I mean - look at how great guns the Shearing Industry is in  Roll Eyes with its Union and the type of workers the Shearing Industry has: Junkies and Alcoholics, etc.

I don't work jobs that need a Union. They're crap jobs.
And if there is crap in the job - it tends to provide great 'bonk' encounters with female staff.  Wink Cheesy

Only crap jobs need a Union rep to take his slice as well out of your pay.

Nobody is saying that a worker is too stupid to protect his own interests. We're saying that workers are stronger and better resourced to protect their interests if they protect themselves collectively. Most employers have human resources sections to advise & negotiate for them or they contact the small business unions to advise them. Its foolish to think you can fight that on your own

Most employers have human resources sections to advise & negotiate for them

Gee it would be nice if that were all.

The last direct negotiation I was in I had to face alone:

Department manager, HR executive, Finance head, Assistant to the CEO, External finance advisor and a random manager.

The average employee has no chance.

The first question was how much pay cut will you accept. I won't go into the details but I was not an easy target.

Within 6 months my advantage was gone as they employed additional people and I was redundant.

The following 3 months I got a number of phone calls to ask how something worked or how to fix a problem, unfortunately I didn't remember very much.

Individual negotiation is stacked against the employee, It works well for the few at the top where management wants to throw money away.

The average employee has no chance, it is mostly this is what you get don't like it there is the door.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:35pm

The only 'delusion' present is the Union belief system that every 'worker' is an ignorant Prole in need of their help... at a cost Wink
Superior Workers are 'offered' like a Music Contract some pretty good deals by employers. Saw one on Australian Story once.

I mean - look at how great guns the Shearing Industry is in  Roll Eyes with its Union and the type of workers the Shearing Industry has: Junkies and Alcoholics, etc.

And if there is crap in the job - it tends to provide great 'bonk' encounters with female staff.  Wink Cheesy

You're an ignorant scab.

If you have ever taken wages under an award, holidays, accumulated long service leave or annual leave, are allocated sick leave which in some places is accumulative, etc etc ...
'
then you have done so at the contributions to industrial relations by Trade Unions.

You ... as a wages worker you should be grateful ...

but instead you are an ignorant Union basher like Freediver.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #152 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:47pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 5:46pm:
On the few occassions I have - I've succeeded in some way.
Mostly though, I have never needed to.
I've seen other guys succeed in this way too.
But hey, you gotta be good if you want to stand above the 'pack' (unionists).  Wink
"Succeeded in some way"? Yes we can all find some success in failure if we look hard enough. Frankly I think you're deluding yourself. And trying to delude the rest of us while your at it. I dont suppose you want to share what it is you do. Is it shearing?

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #153 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:51pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:04pm:
Jest wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 5:20pm:

Nobody is saying that a worker is too stupid to protect his own interests. We're saying that workers are stronger and better resourced to protect their interests if they protect themselves collectively. Most employers have human resources sections to advise & negotiate for them or they contact the small business unions to advise them. Its foolish to think you can fight that on your own

Most employers have human resources sections to advise & negotiate for them

Gee it would be nice if that were all.

The last direct negotiation I was in I had to face alone:

Department manager, HR executive, Finance head, Assistant to the CEO, External finance advisor and a random manager.

The average employee has no chance.

The first question was how much pay cut will you accept. I won't go into the details but I was not an easy target.

Within 6 months my advantage was gone as they employed additional people and I was redundant.

The following 3 months I got a number of phone calls to ask how something worked or how to fix a problem, unfortunately I didn't remember very much.

Individual negotiation is stacked against the employee, It works well for the few at the top where management wants to throw money away.

The average employee has no chance, it is mostly this is what you get don't like it there is the door.

Totally agree.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #154 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:34am

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 6:02pm:
Jest wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 9:13am:
freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2020 at 5:07pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 2nd, 2020 at 10:24am:
This is an idea from Milton Friedman. To the extent that unions increase salary within an industry, they reduce employment. The people who cannot get a job in a particular industry because of unions inevitably seek employment in other industries, and thus drive down wages in those industries. As unions tend to be most active in trades that already have higher salaries, they tend to drive down salaries that were already lower. Thus, they increase wage inequality.

It is consistent with your quotes.

Speaking about consistency.

You never answered (you ran away in fact) how you supported this theory even though in another thread you started a week or 2 earlier you claimed that it was mythology that Unions increased wages and improved work conditions.

I think you're a shameless charlatan

Can you quote me?

Your countless posts in the thread you started titled,  "Unions want to kill non-Union industries" in which you repeatedly accuse people of swallowing union propaganda for saying that unions improve pay and conditions Or you just simply respond with "crap" or "BS".

So how do you reconcile that position with the cornerstone of your argument here that people who work in unionised industries get better pay and conditions?

Im betting you I dont get a straight answer.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #155 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:59am

Jest wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:34am:
This is an idea from Milton Friedman. To the extent that unions increase salary within an industry, they reduce employment. The people who cannot get a job in a particular industry because of unions inevitably seek employment in other industries, and thus drive down wages in those industries. As unions tend to be most active in trades that already have higher salaries, they tend to drive down salaries that were already lower. Thus, they increase wage inequality.

You never answered (you ran away in fact) how you supported this theory even though in another thread you started a week or 2 earlier you claimed that it was mythology that Unions increased wages and improved work conditions.

Can you quote me?

Your countless posts in the thread you started titled,  "Unions want to kill non-Union industries" in which you repeatedly accuse people of swallowing union propaganda for saying that unions improve pay and conditions Or you just simply respond with "crap" or "BS".

So how do you reconcile that position with the cornerstone of your argument here that people who work in unionised industries get better pay and conditions?

It might help if you bothered to read what I actually said.

So quote me, if you are not full of BS.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #156 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:21am

freediver wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:59am:
Jest wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 6:34am:

Can you quote me?

It might help if you bothered to read what I actually said.

So quote me, if you are not full of BS.

The thread is full of what you said for all to see. But if you say you didn't mean that unions don't result in increased wages and better conditions then say what you were trying to say.

It really is quite simple. You can say up front now how you reconcile what you said there compared to what your saying now or you can continue B*llshitting as you always do. 

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:35am

Always twisting ... that's FD.

And that's not dancing.

He ought have a think if nobody on here can read what he types or pastes correctly.....

then why does he bother?

Ego? narcissism? or just simply being a prat?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #158 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:32am

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 8:57am:
Thanks FD. Shame there is not a shred of evidence to support it, and shame that the only actual evidence we have seen to date directly contradicts it. And shame you prove yourself completely incapable of demonstrating otherwise.

But not to worry, I'm sure you'll be armed ready with all your usual brainless memes and quips to keep up your delusion that you are somehow refuting what i say.

What you won't be armed with is an actual coherent argument with some actual flesh and supported by actual evidence. I think 10 pages of waffle makes that a pretty safe bet.

The evidence in support of the claim is overwhelming, which is why you will not find a single economist who disagrees with it.

I'm actually not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse on this, or if you trully are that delusional.

Either way it must take some trully world class mental gymnastics to conclude that all the economists I cited arguing that unions have an overall equalising effect on wages - are somehow not disagreeing with what Friedman said in the OP.

What those gymnastics consist of exactly I'd love to know - but you are incapable of explaining even your own thoughgts or rationale - beyond parotting what Friedman said in the OP.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #159 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:50am

Gnads wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:35am:

And that's not dancing.

He ought have a think if nobody on here can read what he types or pastes correctly.....

then why does he bother?

'Twisting' would actually be an intellectual advancement on his current routine. To twist something would presumably require FD to know what it was he was twisting in the first place. He has demonstrated pretty clearly that he doesn't have much of a clue what even that is.

I'm not sure if anyone could be more obtuse than FD is being in this discussion if they tried.

This entire thread has consisted of FD:

1. opening with presenting an unsubstantiated and unfleshed thought bubble of Friedman

2. responding to any criticism of the quote with such intellectually profound arguments as "not a single economist will disagree with it" and "its microeconomics 101" and a few different variations of "its right, so there!"

3. running his trademark deflection/interference routine whenever asked for actual evidence for the claim

4. incomprehensibly and without any coherent explanation, repeat the idiotic lie that all the evidence presented that demonstrates the opposite of what Friedman claims, is somehow agreeing with Friedman.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:53am

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:50am:

And that's not dancing.

then why does he bother?

'Twisting' would actually be an intellectual advancement on his current routine. To twist something would presumably require FD to know what it was he was twisting in the first place. He has demonstrated pretty clearly that he doesn't have much of a clue what even that is.

I'm not sure if anyone could be more obtuse than FD is being in this discussion if they tried.

1. opening with presenting an unsubstantiated and unfleshed thought bubble of Friedman

2. responding to any criticism of the quote with such intellectually profound arguments as "not a single economist will disagree with it" and "its microeconomics 101" and a few different variations of "its right, so there!"

3. running his trademark deflection/interference routine whenever asked for actual evidence for the claim

4. incomprehensibly and without any coherent explanation, repeat the idiotic lie that all the evidence presented that demonstrates the opposite of what Friedman claims, is somehow agreeing with Friedman.

Yes... a fair summation.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #161 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 3:40pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 21st, 2020 at 9:32am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 8:57am:
Thanks FD. Shame there is not a shred of evidence to support it, and shame that the only actual evidence we have seen to date directly contradicts it. And shame you prove yourself completely incapable of demonstrating otherwise.

But not to worry, I'm sure you'll be armed ready with all your usual brainless memes and quips to keep up your delusion that you are somehow refuting what i say.

What you won't be armed with is an actual coherent argument with some actual flesh and supported by actual evidence. I think 10 pages of waffle makes that a pretty safe bet.

The evidence in support of the claim is overwhelming, which is why you will not find a single economist who disagrees with it.

I'm actually not sure if you are being deliberately obtuse on this, or if you trully are that delusional.

Either way it must take some trully world class mental gymnastics to conclude that all the economists I cited arguing that unions have an overall equalising effect on wages - are somehow not disagreeing with what Friedman said in the OP.

They are not disagreeing with Friedman. I have explained why. It got too complicated for you, so you started going round in circles. Your inability to comprehend the most basic concepts in economics is not evidence I am wrong.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #162 - Nov 8th, 2020 at 8:28am

Quote:

What makes you think that Gnads?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Nov 8th, 2020 at 9:27am

And that's not dancing.

then why does he bother?

That's basically what he does on EVERY topic, no matter what's being discussed.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #164 - Nov 8th, 2020 at 9:55am

John Smith wrote on Nov 8th, 2020 at 9:27am:

And that's not dancing.

then why does he bother?

That's basically what he does on EVERY topic, no matter what's being discussed.

That's why I gave up discussing anything with him. Its hopeless.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
Send Topic Print